Transformers News: Full Reveal of Torso Mode for Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream

Friday, November 17th, 2017 9:49PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 24,940

From the first moment fans saw the upcoming Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream, there was already talk of it becoming a torso, even though Hasbro never showed it at any of the events they brought the toy too. We then learnt that sure enough, all voyagers in the Power of the Primes line would become torsos to interact with the deluxe limbs, as was the case with Combiner Wars. We finally got a hint at Starscream's torso mode on the side of his box and on small leaked images but we never had a good look at it, until now. Kevin Liu made a youtube video for Power of the Primes Dreadwind and since he has all the wave 1 toys (these may be given by Hasbro promotionally, as hinted with the watermark in his videos), he showed how it combines with Voyager Starscream. So with no fanfare whatsoever he just shows how the connections work between voyager and deluxe while showing Voyager Starscream in torso mode for the first time. He has his crowned look, making him basically a combiner version of himself. The extra flared kibble at the sides of his nosecone gives him the appearance of his wider movie look. We also see the presence of stickers all across those altmode pieces repurposed for the torso mode. Let us know what you think of this mode and if you are getting this toy once it reaches retail

Credit(s): Kevin Liu

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Full Reveal of Torso Mode for Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream (1922295)
Posted by Deathsanras on November 17th, 2017 @ 9:58pm CST
Black Bumblebee wrote:I hope that whoever did that to Jazz gets fired. To put that sort of slogan on a character that is traditionally voiced by an African American is all sorts of messed up.

http://blackmeninamerica.com/an-unreaso ... lack-vote/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_A ... epublicans
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abolition ... ted_States
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_con ... ted_States

Please stop stereotyping.
Re: Full Reveal of Torso Mode for Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream (1922296)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 17th, 2017 @ 9:59pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

I have to say... I... like it, the bot mode isn't the greatest, but I dig the combined mode, using the ever solid silverbolt method of turning bulky arms into perfect legs already sets him above a lot of other torso's in my eye's. I also find it kinda funny how fan modes of silverbolt eventually turned into hungurr and digibashes of galvatron turned into a starscream combiner... maybe hasbro pays more attention to our random ideas than we thought?
Re: Full Reveal of Torso Mode for Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream (1922297)
Posted by RustedCross on November 17th, 2017 @ 10:07pm CST
Not bad....but I will have to wait on the Takara repaint. I just can’t stand those stickers.
Re: Full Reveal of Torso Mode for Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream (1922298)
Posted by Deadput on November 17th, 2017 @ 10:08pm CST
That combined form is neato!

(I for one don't mind Starscream's arms I prefer my seekers with a little bulk)
Re: Full Reveal of Torso Mode for Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream (1922299)
Posted by spiderbob007 on November 17th, 2017 @ 10:08pm CST
Make
Autobots
Great
Again

:michaelbay:
Re: Full Reveal of Torso Mode for Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream (1922300)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 17th, 2017 @ 10:17pm CST
Re: Full Reveal of Torso Mode for Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream (1922301)
Posted by Emerje on November 17th, 2017 @ 10:20pm CST
Wow, that's a lot of paint on Starscream's head!

I'm pretty sure the figure has no plastic in any of those colors so that means it's using black, silver, gold, pink, and maybe red for the eyes if they aren't also pink. Most transformers figures are limited to up to three paint colors total, and here Screamer has four or five just on his head. That's pretty impressive.

If they have to use stickers I really wish they'd stop using foil stickers, I think most figures would have looked better with regular matte stickers. Foil stickers only look good on already chromed or metallic painted parts or when they're used in place of chrome in specific spaces (like TR Voyager Prime's tanker).

Emerje
Re: Full Reveal of Torso Mode for Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream (1922302)
Posted by Lore Keeper on November 17th, 2017 @ 10:21pm CST
[quote]I would totally take a Skywarp repaint of this with a movie-style starscream head for the combined mode :x[/quote]
I have a feeling Hasbro may not be too eager to do another Skywarp right now, after the Combiner Wars one is still warming shelves two toy lines later. For some reason, Skywarps are rarely good sellers. On a side note, I appreciate some good old fashioned fan service as much as the next person, but after many nods to Starscream's crown in recent years, I feel it's becoming a bit too cliche.
Re: Full Reveal of Torso Mode for Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream (1922303)
Posted by Ultra Markus on November 17th, 2017 @ 10:24pm CST

also there doesnt need to have any political garbage infecting our favorite hobbies
Re: Full Reveal of Torso Mode for Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream (1922304)
Posted by Emerje on November 17th, 2017 @ 10:25pm CST
Lore Keeper wrote:[quote]I would totally take a Skywarp repaint of this with a movie-style starscream head for the combined mode :x

I have a feeling Hasbro may not be too eager to do another Skywarp right now, after the Combiner Wars one is still warming shelves two toy lines later. For some reason, Skywarps are rarely good sellers. On a side note, I appreciate some good old fashioned fan service as much as the next person, but after many nods to Starscream's crown, I feel it's becoming a bit too cliche.[/quote]
A TRU exclusive Skywarp showed up in computers at the PotP Voyager price point and is believed to be a Starscream repaint. ;)

Emerje
Re: Full Reveal of Torso Mode for Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream (1922305)
Posted by RustedCross on November 17th, 2017 @ 10:26pm CST
Re: Full Reveal of Torso Mode for Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream (1922306)
Posted by bodrock on November 17th, 2017 @ 10:28pm CST
PotP Starscream looks cool.

But still no smirk. :(<!-- ia0 -->IMG_2713.JPG<!-- ia0 -->I think I may stick with his CW incarnation as my go-to.
Re: Full Reveal of Torso Mode for Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream (1922308)
Posted by Deadput on November 17th, 2017 @ 10:36pm CST
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

(Pst That was Thundercracker)
Re: Full Reveal of Torso Mode for Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream (1922310)
Posted by Emerje on November 17th, 2017 @ 10:42pm CST
RustedCross wrote:I would not be surprised to see Skywarp and Thundercracker as deluxe limbs for Starscream. As well as Thrust and Dirge. Then we could get a Starscream repaint as Ramjet.

Anyone else notice that Dreadwind's wing transformation placing them on his legs is just like what we saw on Classics Ramjet and Dirge? This mold also already has the Conehead asigned to it if they kept it with the retool. Wouldn't surprise me if they had extra wings to go with this mold.

Emerje
Re: Full Reveal of Torso Mode for Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream (1922311)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 17th, 2017 @ 10:47pm CST
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

I can already sense TT licking their chops for a seeker combiner; btw, dreadwing doesn't share a mold with thrust, but the alternative aerialbot, due to sharing the pivoting shoulder struts - but, he does have an angled cut-out for a cone head :-?
Re: Full Reveal of Torso Mode for Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream (1922312)
Posted by Skritz on November 17th, 2017 @ 10:57pm CST
I'm totally down for deluxe coneheads! Of course, being a recent returned to collecting compare to most people, meaning I don't even have a Starscream in my collection. Or most of the iconic early G1 characters, really.
Re: Full Reveal of Torso Mode for Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream (1922314)
Posted by Ultra Markus on November 17th, 2017 @ 11:09pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

So many possibilities! I'm going CombinerCrazy! 8-}
Re: Full Reveal of Torso Mode for Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream (1922315)
Posted by Emerje on November 17th, 2017 @ 11:17pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:btw, dreadwing doesn't share a mold with thrust

They have most of the same leg parts and pelvis, and I think the same arms up to the shoulders. If they can mix parts, like Thrust's head and maybe his shoulders mixed with Dreadwind's other parts and new wings and maybe a cockpit in the combiner peg we could have some decent Coneheads. G1 Thrust could be a little tricky, would probably have to use the entirety of the Air Raid mold's legs like Armada Thrust, but a new back and wings for G1 accuracy. That would also give us an option for a more accurate Seeker mold to go with the existing head mold used on UW and SG Starscream.

Emerje
Re: Full Reveal of Torso Mode for Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream (1922318)
Posted by Seibertron on November 17th, 2017 @ 11:54pm CST
Anyone else see a new Seeker mold out of Swoop? Not sure what you'd do with the legs in jet mode, but in robot mode you've got the cockpit and some Combiner Wars intakes on his upper shoulders. Plus Swoop's head looks very similar (not exact) to Starscream's if you take away his headfin. It even has the side intakes on his head!
Re: Full Reveal of Torso Mode for Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream (1922319)
Posted by Latebrus-K on November 18th, 2017 @ 12:02am CST
My reaction to Starscream's torso: :shock: :-? >:oP
My reaction to MAGA Jazz: :shock: :???: :lol: 8-}

Starscream is not only the chunkiest voyager in years, but his torso mode looks like some sort of shiny ape... hulk... Thing. Like if RotF Starscream chose sticker-bling instead of tattoos. I'm happy that some others here like it, but the cockpit, wings, and random kibble do not a torso make for me. That said, we all knew more-or-less how this torso would look from the Elita-One leak. His face looks a lot more statuesque than starscream's usual features, reminds me of the face on Legends Giga. Do like the crown, though! Overall, Starscream seems a lot like his Wave-mate Grimlock: every mode suffers for the rest and none are really great.

The MAGA Jazz thing... oh boy! 8-} I wasn't going to touch PotP Jazz before, but this and the potential of a running change make him a lot more interesting, if only as a crazy moment in TF history. That said, it may not be a good kind of crazy. The conflict and hatred that arises whenever politics touch this board gives me pause.

Unlike a lot of people here, I find this political stuff endlessly amusing (though I probably shouldn't)... and I'm already planning to display PotP Jazz with TR Sentinel and generations Jhiaxus. :HEADHURTS:

!Rant inbound! I understand this is sensitive ground, but could you argue that Jazz is one of the most multi-cultural autobots ever? He had an African-American VA with some memorable mannerisms, a Japanese-designed toy that turned into a German racecar, became a cyber-ninja in Animated with nods to eastern fighting styles and spirituality, and did it all while sporting white, blue, and red - the colors of many countries' flags. Add to that his white-ish-but-may-have-been-sculpted-to-be-Japanese pretender shell and you have one cross-country concoction of a character! :D

Why yes, I am very new here. What ever would make you think so?
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

You save: 50%
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 37%
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations combiner wars deluxe protectobot groove" on AMAZON
You save: 34%
You save: 25%
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 20%
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
You save: 20%