Saturday, May 30th, 2020 11:31am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 34,488

石川よしのぶ@Ishikawa_sunday has posted some images on their Twitter account of the Cyertron Villains 2 pack Transformers Earthrise set which includes seekers Thundercracker and Skywarp. They give a comparison to the Starscream headsculpt and while the Thundercracker face looks more defined in the mouth area, the bigger difference comes from Skywarp. We get confirmation that Skywarp will be getting the screaming face.

These toys will be coming to the US as Target exclusives, though we do not have preorders yet.

Transformers News: In Hand Images of Earthrise THundercracker and Skywarp Confirms Different Headsculpt

This article was last modified on Saturday, May 30th, 2020 11:32am CDT

Re: In Hand Images of Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Confirms Different Headsculpt (2065837)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 30th, 2020 @ 11:43am CDT
Hmm Skywarp looks a bit odd with the shouting mouth but cool that they each have different heads (I'd swear that screamer is smirking while thundercracker is being stoic)
Re: In Hand Images of Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Confirms Different Headsculpt (2065838)
Posted by sol magnus on May 30th, 2020 @ 11:49am CDT
The faces on the main Seekers are cool, doesn't change anything as I'll be getting them anyway.

Any chance we can get some shots of Skylynx's box?
Re: In Hand Images of Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Confirms Different Headsculpt (2065839)
Posted by Skritz on May 30th, 2020 @ 11:50am CDT
Okay can we get Coneheads now?
Re: In Hand Images of Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Confirms Different Headsculpt (2065841)
Posted by aronjlove on May 30th, 2020 @ 11:57am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Image
This almost makes me want the two-pack. The alt-mode is meh to me but the new faces are interesting, I can almost see a downturn on Thundercracker's lips as if he is displeased with what he sees. And Skywarp is clearly shouting at someone "Don't do that!" lol.
Re: In Hand Images of Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Confirms Different Headsculpt (2065842)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 30th, 2020 @ 11:58am CDT
Skritz wrote:Image
Okay can we get Coneheads now?

I think that was the idea behind who ever did the photo :lol: Aside from wings, would much have to be changed in order to get the heads right?
Re: In Hand Images of Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Confirms Different Headsculpt (2065844)
Posted by Skritz on May 30th, 2020 @ 12:10pm CDT
I think a Coneheads retool would require a nosecone which can fold open to show the face. That way there would also be, as a bonus, an option to display 'toy accurate' Ramjet, Thrust and Dirge as their original artwork show them with regular seeker heads.
Re: In Hand Images of Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Confirms Different Headsculpt (2065846)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on May 30th, 2020 @ 12:48pm CDT
leokearon wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
leokearon wrote:Very poor Fan First Friday for Transformers. Other lines like Power Rangers and Marvel legends get full on new reveals and all we get is a fancy box.

The reveals yesterday were for the new star wars figures, tfs can still have their day

The box was part of Fan First Friday and Star Wars already had a Fan First Friday at the start of the month.Still doesn't hide the fact that for their First Fan Friday, TFs got really short changed

Yeah it was, but nobody said there were strict rules about these things; the Star Wars figures were what were previewed the day beforehand, so as far as I’m concerned they were the main attraction. >:oP
Re: In Hand Images of Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Confirms Different Headsculpt (2065847)
Posted by LeAwesome1 on May 30th, 2020 @ 12:58pm CDT
Sorry for the delay, feel free to use these in a news article. I'll add some pictures after my thoughts:

20200530_162911.jpg

20200530_184515.jpg

20200530_184524.jpg

20200530_185644.jpg
Re: In Hand Images of Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Confirms Different Headsculpt (2065849)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 30th, 2020 @ 1:27pm CDT
Thanks for the pictures Le Awesome1! :D
Re: In Hand Images of Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Confirms Different Headsculpt (2065850)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 30th, 2020 @ 1:58pm CDT
Greetings Seibertronians! Do you feel that your collection is missing a certain magnificent specimen? Well maybe these photos will help you make your mind up!

These in hand photos of Earthrise Commander Class Sky Lynx come courtesy of fellow Seibertron user, LeAwesome1, who purchased Sky Lynx from UK website In Demand Toys, and thanks to the magic of one day shipping, it arrived today!

The photos show off all the modes his majesty can make, from his humble bird mode to his spectacular launch base.

LeAwesome1 also has this to say about Sky Lynx, gathered from his time with him so far!

LeAwesome1 wrote:Overall I love this figure. I don't know much about Sky Lynx, but I love the design and this definitely hit the mark better than my now sold CW version. The vehicle modes for both look incredible, and its very easy to connect and separate the two halves (maybe too easy). The bird mode is quite hard to stand up but when you do is glorious, and the lynx also looks great, I think I may prefer the lynx out of the two. The combined mode is obviously what I'll display him in and it looks great, very happy with how it turned out. My only minor complaint is that the transformation really isn't that hard, infact I'd say some of the smaller ER releases are more complex. But, it looks magnificent. Also, the wings are attached via mushroom pegs and one of mine keeps falling off, so may have to make that a bit tighter. Everything else is great! The base mode was also a surprise, I rather enjoyed looking at it. Bit too small to be a proper base, but looks the part. Only problem is the shuttle doesn't seem to peg in very well to the base, so it relies on that little ramp to prop him up. But, again, overall this is fantastic and I recommend to anyone.

Have these images convinced you? Have you already pre-ordered? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Re: In Hand Images of Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Confirms Different Headsculpt (2065852)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on May 30th, 2020 @ 2:50pm CDT
I really like the lynx but dislike the bird for some reason...

As for the Seekers, I hope the 2-pack won't be just online but in stores as well.
Re: In Hand Images of Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Confirms Different Headsculpt (2065854)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 30th, 2020 @ 3:12pm CDT
I don’t really see a difference between Starscream and Thundercracker. Maaaaaaybe a smirk on ‘Sceamer? Skywarp’s shouting face is lowkey annoying, but I can get over it. Definitely need these and the inevitable Coneheads.
Re: In Hand Images of Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Confirms Different Headsculpt (2065856)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on May 30th, 2020 @ 3:22pm CDT
yeah that alternate face for the seekers just outright sucks; having had a good time to check out starscream, I can safely say that I don't want any of them, the head just seems so tiny compared to the boxy body
Re: In Hand Images of Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Confirms Different Headsculpt (2065857)
Posted by Lore Keeper on May 30th, 2020 @ 3:24pm CDT
Is he being released across the UK already? Pulse has him listed for September. If so, that's really early.
Re: In Hand Images of Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Confirms Different Headsculpt (2065873)
Posted by First-Aid on May 30th, 2020 @ 8:14pm CDT
GIMME!

Amazing figure! Only concern is that bird mode head is big for the body...but that ain't putting me off.
Re: In Hand Images of Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Confirms Different Headsculpt (2065875)
Posted by Kup98ss on May 30th, 2020 @ 8:46pm CDT
Hasbro finally made a transformer I want to buy. If I can make it work with my masterpiece collection I'll buy it.
Re: In Hand Images of Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Confirms Different Headsculpt (2065877)
Posted by william-james88 on May 30th, 2020 @ 9:38pm CDT
We already knew Earthrise would include a new Smokescreen and while it could be assumed that we would get the rest of the Datsuns in this new Earthrise mode, it always helps to get some confirmation. Well, we now know the product code for the upcoming Bluestreak toy. Of course, until we see the images or more listings, it may be something else, but logic points toward this simply being Earthrise Bluestreak, which we all guessed was coming. You can see the item number in the tab for the following link: https://www.ideeundspiel.com/p/tra-wfc- ... ERE74635L0

TRA WFC Bluestreak
Hasbro product number: E74635L0

For those wondering, Siege Bluestreak was E8291.

The same site also had the product numbers for the following two listings:

Ironhide and Prowl 2 pack:E74615L0

Alternate Universe Optimus Prime:E74625L0

This was found by fellow Seibertronian JT Prime.

Re: In Hand Images of Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Confirms Different Headsculpt (2065879)
Posted by Thunderboltprime on May 30th, 2020 @ 9:53pm CDT
Interesting, but what I’m curious about is what the Alternative Universe Prime is. I think from some leaked images that it could be a remold of the Siege Ultra Magnus/Galaxy Upgrade Mold, but what Prime fits the mold the best?
Re: In Hand Images of Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Confirms Different Headsculpt (2065880)
Posted by Roadbuster on May 30th, 2020 @ 9:55pm CDT
Might as well just throw the retools into two-packs. Pair Ratchet with Red Alert, Mirage with Hound, and make Sideswipe solo with his proper equipment. But what really intrigues me is this Alternate Universe Prime. We've gotten the TF Cybertron one. My guess is Armada Prime.
Re: In Hand Images of Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Confirms Different Headsculpt (2065881)
Posted by Quantum Surge on May 30th, 2020 @ 9:57pm CDT
I really don't want this set to be scalped to the max, especially when there's been a frustrating lack of Siege Skywarp but Thundercracker and Starscream are still around.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #254 - Redlining Sixth
"Redlining Sixth"
Posted: Sunday, July 5th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Constructicons Long Haul Devastator" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers R.o.t.f  Fast Action Battlers Devastation blast long haul 2009" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Voyager Class Action Figure LONG HAUL 42" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Studios Series Voyager Class - KSI Boss #43 US Seller!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TF Generations TG31 Rhinox" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Constructicons Devastator Lot - Long Haul Scrapper Bonecrusher +" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Age of Extinction Figure Lockdown Deluxe new sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 43 Age of Extinction KSI Boss New In Box Lot Of 10" on EBAY