New Gallery: Takara Tomy Generations TG-18 Deluxe Skywarp

New Gallery: Takara Tomy Generations TG-18 Deluxe Skywarp

Wednesday, June 5th, 2013 6:06pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 29,045

Our new gallery entry this day is Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-18 Skywarp. As is par for the course with seekers, Skywarp is a straight repaint of the Generations Fall of Cybertron Starscream mold. Thus far Skywarp is a Takara exclusive and with Hasbro releasing Thundercracker in the future, this means you need to import this figure to complete the trio of seekers. This gallery has the usual high quality photos with comparisons to Starscream in both robot and alt modes. Click on the pictures to get started.

Generations Skywarp

New Takara Tomy Generations Gallery:  TG-18 Deluxe Skywarp

New Takara Tomy Generations Gallery:  TG-18 Deluxe Skywarp

New Takara Tomy Generations Gallery:  TG-18 Deluxe Skywarp

New Takara Tomy Generations Gallery:  TG-18 Deluxe Skywarp

New Takara Tomy Generations Gallery:  TG-18 Deluxe Skywarp

New Takara Tomy Generations Gallery:  TG-18 Deluxe Skywarp

New Takara Tomy Generations Gallery:  TG-18 Deluxe Skywarp

This article was last modified on Tuesday, October 4th, 2016 3:37pm CDT

Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Generations TG-18 Deluxe Skywarp (1492963)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 5th, 2013 @ 6:19pm CDT

Still needs more black, but other than that, Hasbro better get its shit together and release Skywarp. Can't make only two of the original three seekers! =P~
Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Generations TG-18 Deluxe Skywarp (1492970)
Posted by xyl360 on June 5th, 2013 @ 6:35pm CDT
Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Generations TG-18 Deluxe Skywarp (1492973)
Posted by Seibertron on June 5th, 2013 @ 6:42pm CDT
xyl360 wrote:Hey Ryan, you don't happen to plan on getting the TG Starscream, do you? It puts Hasbro's to shame in my opinion and looks awesome side by side with Skywarp.

I haven't gotten it yet ... probably when I do Thundercracker's gallery.
Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Generations TG-18 Deluxe Skywarp (1493007)
Posted by Flux Convoy on June 5th, 2013 @ 9:16pm CDT
Really liking Skywarp and this seeker mold. Waiting on my Takara Starscream but I have the Hasbro version. Looks great to me. I'd like to see more usage from it.
:BOT:
Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Generations TG-18 Deluxe Skywarp (1493020)
Posted by FortMacs on June 5th, 2013 @ 10:17pm CDT
looks like ill have to pick him up soon.
Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Generations TG-18 Deluxe Skywarp (1493032)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on June 5th, 2013 @ 10:50pm CDT
Well Takara put Shattered Glass Decepticon symbols on him, that's interesting
Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Generations TG-18 Deluxe Skywarp (1493034)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 5th, 2013 @ 11:02pm CDT

Skywarp needs a better color breakup. All that grey makes him look, well, like Astrotrain.
Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Generations TG-18 Deluxe Skywarp (1493043)
Posted by MagnetarPrime on June 5th, 2013 @ 11:45pm CDT
I just got mine delivered today with some other figures, he looks awesome and the colors are really nice, looks like I'll have to pick Takara FOC Starscream up soon. :APPLAUSE:
Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Generations TG-18 Deluxe Skywarp (1493070)
Posted by Venoose1 on June 6th, 2013 @ 4:03am CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Is it just me, or do the insignias on the wings look distorted? I guess it may be an optical illusion caused by those lines sculpted into the wings.

It looks like the insignia has been photoshopped on afterwards.
Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Generations TG-18 Deluxe Skywarp (1493116)
Posted by MagnetarPrime on June 6th, 2013 @ 9:03am CDT
Well idk what's going on with my post,,, well I guess I will post it again,, please mod "approve" my posts this is the 3rd post is not showing up in 3 days

ANYWAY

WOW he looks awesome, I just got mine delivered yesterday with other TF Takara figures. I think that Takara did a great paint job, I like this figure overall and now I will have to pick up Takara Starscream soon,, lol,,, actually all my future FOC TF will be Takara made :)
Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Generations TG-18 Deluxe Skywarp (1493117)
Posted by Optimizzy on June 6th, 2013 @ 9:04am CDT
Wow. This is a great use of the mold. Far better for Skywarp than for Starscream for reasons I cannot explain. I just wish he was a little darker with some more black. I don't mind the gray but it is too light. Skywarp was black with purple. This focuses too much on the purple IMHO. However, still is a great use of the mold and, although I hated it for Starscream, I quite like it for Skywarp. Go figure.
Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Generations TG-18 Deluxe Skywarp (1493124)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 6th, 2013 @ 9:37am CDT
Needs some black but it is accurate to the game if IIRC. Would love to get him but I've resigned myself to the fact that Takara figures are just too much for me nowadays, aside from MPs and Reissues. But of course if Hasbro brings him Stateside, he's mine!
Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Generations TG-18 Deluxe Skywarp (1493140)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 6th, 2013 @ 10:54am CDT
Being mostly grey is game-accurate? Man, that's like a parody of itself.

The DS version has a more interesting deco:
Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Generations TG-18 Deluxe Skywarp (1493155)
Posted by SentinelA on June 6th, 2013 @ 11:48am CDT
Why is he purple? This is a mistake they've been making since TF: Cybertron. And what's with the red Decepticon symbols?
It I get this guy he will be Decepticlone. I hope Hasbro makes a black, more accurate version.
Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Generations TG-18 Deluxe Skywarp (1493158)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 6th, 2013 @ 11:57am CDT
SentinelA wrote:Why is he purple? This is a mistake they've been making since TF: Cybertron.

Surprise, he was colored like this in War for Cybertron. (Couldn't find a better picture, sorry)

Purple wings and everything.

Though I do agree with that there needs to be more black and not steel gray.

And what's with the red Decepticon symbols?

Purple on purple = purple. ;)

I hope Hasbro makes a black, more accurate version.

If they decide to release him. >:oP They have yet to even announce his release Hopefully they'll tell us their intentions at BotCon or SDCC, maybe even on this very website.
Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Generations TG-18 Deluxe Skywarp (1493160)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 6th, 2013 @ 11:58am CDT
SentinelA wrote:And what's with the red Decepticon symbols?

welcometothedarksyde wrote:Well Takara put Shattered Glass Decepticon symbols on him, that's interesting

To you thinking the same: what would stand out more: purple on purple, or reddish-purple on blue-purple? :-B
Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Generations TG-18 Deluxe Skywarp (1502298)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on July 11th, 2013 @ 12:16am CDT
Seibertron.com is ecstatic to present for your consideration a new gallery, Takara Tomy Generations TG-20 Ratbat. This metallic purple and gold repaint and retool of Generations Scourge represents Senator Ratbat before his days as Soundwave's minion. The full gallery is waiting there for you just by clicking on any of the pictures below.

Generations Ratbat

Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Generations TG-18 Deluxe Skywarp (1502301)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 11th, 2013 @ 12:36am CDT
Eh, looks alright. But again, unless we see a stateside release, it's a reluctant pass from me. Still surprised they didn't announce it for the Generations: Thrilling 30 line...
Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Generations TG-18 Deluxe Skywarp (1502307)
Posted by Arctorro on July 11th, 2013 @ 12:53am CDT
Really like this toy, mainly because of the "bat" mode! I don't normally go in for the Cybertronian modes of characters though, so it is hard to justify the Takara price tag.
Re: New Gallery: Takara Tomy Generations TG-18 Deluxe Skywarp (1502337)
Posted by Bounti76 on July 11th, 2013 @ 4:10am CDT
Ha! The day I get this figure in the mail is the day the galleries go up. Now I can look at the awesomeness without having to open mine. What really sold me on paying for this figure is the amazing artwork and that awesome bat mode. I'm also just going out on a limb and saying that I doubt this will be released in the U.S. Combine that and I don't feel too bad at all about paying import prices.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots DANI BURNS & (2) BLADES FLIGHT BOTS Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 VINTAGE 1987 Fastlane and Cloudraker Autobot Clones NEAR MINT" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Cyberverse Decepticon Scraplet Figure Lot of 4 New 2018" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Scrapper, Constructicon, Devastator’s Leg 1985 Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege BRUNT War For Cybertron Deluxe Class AUTHENTIC HASBRO 2018" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SIEGE CHROMIA WAR FOR CYBERTRON NEW SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Prequel by Simon Furman Chris Ryall 2007 Paperback IDW new" on EBAY
Buy "2009 Hasbro Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Decepticon Stalker Scorponok NIB" on EBAY