New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin

Transformers News: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin

Tuesday, October 10th, 2017 2:04PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 17,002

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath, we have mirrored below the new official images from Takara Tomy Transformers for their Legends line offerings in the forms of Seaspray, Twin Twist, and Topspin! The first comes with Titan/Head Master Lione, while the other two are part of the Targetmaster sets, and each include red/black weaponformers. Plus, we also have comparison charts for all three the sets with Hasbro Titans Return counterparts and previous iterations of the figures from the past - check it all out below!

Transformers News: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin

Transformers News: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin

Transformers News: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin

Transformers News: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin

Transformers News: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin

Transformers News: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin

Transformers News: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin


Transformers News: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin

Transformers News: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin

Transformers News: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin

Transformers News: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin

Transformers News: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin

Transformers News: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin

Transformers News: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin

Transformers News: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin

Transformers News: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin

Transformers News: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin


Transformers News: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin

Transformers News: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin

Transformers News: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin

Transformers News: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin

Transformers News: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin

Transformers News: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin

Transformers News: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin

Transformers News: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin

Transformers News: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin

Transformers News: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin
Credit(s): Takara Tomy Mall
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin (1915715)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 10th, 2017 @ 2:20pm CDT
Ok, so Topspin has Peaceman/Peacemaker (aka pretool of Recoil), and Twin Twist has Spoil/Spoilsport. Line-up complete :)
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin (1915731)
Posted by Bounti76 on October 10th, 2017 @ 4:03pm CDT
Maybe it's just me, but Legends Topspin looks extra sassy in the pose he's in on the comparison chart. Like he's working the runway at the latest fashion show. :lol:
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin (1915744)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on October 10th, 2017 @ 4:34pm CDT
So many of those Titan Masters that don't have large bodies have really dorky large faces.

Also I'm getting really confused about the whole Target Master thing. The jumpstarters and the TM gun partners look fine on their own but the combinations don't work at all even just from colour scheme perspective.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin (1915751)
Posted by steals_your_goats on October 10th, 2017 @ 4:55pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:So many of those Titan Masters that don't have large bodies have really dorky large faces.

Also I'm getting really confused about the whole Target Master thing. The jumpstarters and the TM gun partners look fine on their own but the combinations don't work at all even just from colour scheme perspective.

Red and black doesn't go with blue and white?
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin (1915752)
Posted by kurthy on October 10th, 2017 @ 4:57pm CDT
Who are the characters those targetmasters are actually supposed to go with?
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin (1915754)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 10th, 2017 @ 5:03pm CDT
kurthy wrote:Who are the characters those targetmasters are actually supposed to go with?


Firebolt, Recoil, Blowpipe, Aimless and Caliburst already come with their original partners, Hot Rod, Kup, Triggerhappy, Misfire and Slugsinger respectively. The rest:

- Haywire (Doublecross): Blurr
- Pinpointer (Windblade): Crosshairs (no release)
- Spoilsport (Twin Twist): Sureshot (no release)
- Peacemaker (Topspin): Pointblank (no release)

And with that, I can finally remember which name goes with which partner! Yet I can't ID the actual toys on first sight. Derp 8-}
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin (1915755)
Posted by Kurona on October 10th, 2017 @ 5:10pm CDT
And thus, Nightstick and Fracas were ever consigned to the hell between universes; never to return.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin (1915761)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 10th, 2017 @ 5:31pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
kurthy wrote:Who are the characters those targetmasters are actually supposed to go with?


Firebolt, Recoil, Blowpipe, Aimless and Caliburst already come with their original partners, Hot Rod, Kup, Triggerhappy, Misfire and Slugsinger respectively. The rest:

- Haywire (Doublecross): Blurr
- Pinpointer (Windblade): Crosshairs (no release)
- Spoilsport (Twin Twist): Sureshot (no release)
- Peacemaker (Topspin): Pointblank (no release)

And with that, I can finally remember which name goes with which partner! Yet I can't ID the actual toys on first sight. Derp 8-}
At the same time, Firebolt and Recoil are revealed to not be Cyberdroids or Nebulans of their own identity, but instead are Shao Shao Li and Sue (Marissa Faireborn's daughter) in Masterforce suits.

It remains to be seen what, if any, preexisting female human character Haywire will turn out to be.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin (1915762)
Posted by Kurona on October 10th, 2017 @ 5:33pm CDT
Eh, the accompanying fiction doesn't really matter. It's clear as day to anyone that these are meant to be representations of Firebolt and co., no matter what ridiculous comic made after the fact the toy comes with.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin (1915765)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 10th, 2017 @ 5:36pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
kurthy wrote:Who are the characters those targetmasters are actually supposed to go with?


Firebolt, Recoil, Blowpipe, Aimless and Caliburst already come with their original partners, Hot Rod, Kup, Triggerhappy, Misfire and Slugsinger respectively. The rest:

- Haywire (Doublecross): Blurr
- Pinpointer (Windblade): Crosshairs (no release)
- Spoilsport (Twin Twist): Sureshot (no release)
- Peacemaker (Topspin): Pointblank (no release)

And with that, I can finally remember which name goes with which partner! Yet I can't ID the actual toys on first sight. Derp 8-}
At the same time, Firebolt and Recoil are revealed to not be Cyberdroids or Nebulans of their own identity, but instead are Shao Shao Li and Sue (Marissa Faireborn's daughter) in Masterforce suits.

It remains to be seen what, if any, preexisting female human character Haywire will turn out to be.


Are there any female Battle Beasts we know of?
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin (1915766)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 10th, 2017 @ 5:37pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Eh, the accompanying fiction doesn't really matter. It's clear as day to anyone that these are meant to be representations of Firebolt and co., no matter what ridiculous comic made after the fact the toy comes with.
You could say the same about the Western fiction made for these Targetmasters back in 1987. ;)
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin (1915768)
Posted by Kurona on October 10th, 2017 @ 5:41pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Kurona wrote:Eh, the accompanying fiction doesn't really matter. It's clear as day to anyone that these are meant to be representations of Firebolt and co., no matter what ridiculous comic made after the fact the toy comes with.
You could say the same about the Western fiction made for these Targetmasters back in 1987. ;)

Which was that they were individuals called Firebolt, Recoil and Haywire :-?
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin (1915769)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 10th, 2017 @ 5:43pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Kurona wrote:Eh, the accompanying fiction doesn't really matter. It's clear as day to anyone that these are meant to be representations of Firebolt and co., no matter what ridiculous comic made after the fact the toy comes with.
You could say the same about the Western fiction made for these Targetmasters back in 1987. ;)

Which was that they were individuals called Firebolt, Recoil and Haywire :-?


... who do not exist in Japanese G1 proper, aside from The Rebirth dub.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin (1915773)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 10th, 2017 @ 5:49pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Kurona wrote:Eh, the accompanying fiction doesn't really matter. It's clear as day to anyone that these are meant to be representations of Firebolt and co., no matter what ridiculous comic made after the fact the toy comes with.
You could say the same about the Western fiction made for these Targetmasters back in 1987. ;)

Which was that they were individuals called Firebolt, Recoil and Haywire :-?


... who do not exist in Japanese G1 proper, aside from The Rebirth dub.
The manga does still call them "Firebolt-type" and "Recoil-type" Targetmaster armor suits, though.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin (1915774)
Posted by Kurona on October 10th, 2017 @ 5:56pm CDT
I suppose at the end of the day it's like bringing Ginrai to American markets for the first time, then saying he's G1 Optimus Prime from Armada described as Ultra Magnus :lol:
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin (1915787)
Posted by primalxconvoy on October 10th, 2017 @ 7:05pm CDT
Anyone got the Amazon Japan links for these legends figures?
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin (1915798)
Posted by ScottyP on October 10th, 2017 @ 7:40pm CDT
Kurona wrote:And thus, Nightstick and Fracas were ever consigned to the hell between universes; never to return.
There are roughly 16 versions of Nightstick that have come out since 2008. I just threw that number out there, but it's surely not far off from reality!
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin (1915803)
Posted by Kurona on October 10th, 2017 @ 8:12pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Kurona wrote:And thus, Nightstick and Fracas were ever consigned to the hell between universes; never to return.
There are roughly 16 versions of Nightstick that have come out since 2008. I just threw that number out there, but it's surely not far off from reality!

Then thank Primus he was consigned to the hell between universes; never to return.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin (1915805)
Posted by william-james88 on October 10th, 2017 @ 8:34pm CDT
Thanks to fellow Seibertronian and Twincast/Podcast member Razorclaw0000 who found a tweet from @p2099 who posted some new images of LG-EX Greatshot and LG-EX Grand Maximus. The images are originally from Takara Tomy's Transformers website at tf.takaratomy.co.jp. Both are redecos/retools of Takara Tomy's Transformers Legends Sixshot and Fortress Maximus, both of which were released as part of Hasbro's Titans Return product line.

Both Autobots were originally Japanese exclusive characters that have yet to see a release of any form from Hasbro. Greatshot was originally a character and toy from Takara's exclusive Victory series in 1989 and Grand Maximus was originally from Takara's exclusive Masterforce series in 1988. You can view a massive gallery of Masterforce Grand Maximus right here on Seibertron.com.

LG-EX figures are usually show exclusive figures that do get carried by domestic collector shops. Due to this, LG-EX exclusives generally cost more than main line figures. It appears maybe the first 3,000 come with pretender shell, but it’s not easy to translate. If anyone out there is better at Japanese than us and can tell us what is written on these images, let us know in the forums or via our contact form.

Below are the images, which have been updated to be much larger images than what we originally posted.





And here's a pic of G1 Grand Maximus alongside his fellow Masterforce Cybertrons and Destrons!

Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG64 Seaspray, LG65 Twintwist, LG66 Topspin (1915806)
Posted by Kurona on October 10th, 2017 @ 8:35pm CDT
Huh.

Well Then.

Hecking awesome for people that want them! :D I guess the doors for Titan redecoes are finally open!
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm" on AMAZON
You save: 50%
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON
You save: 47%
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations combiner wars deluxe protectobot groove" on AMAZON
You save: 35%
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON
You save: 26%
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Six Shot and Decepticon Revolver" on AMAZON
You save: 23%
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 20%
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #190 - Spacebridge Sunset Boulevard
Twincast / Podcast #190:
"Spacebridge Sunset Boulevard"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, December 3rd, 2017
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon