Pre-Order Dates for TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus Nearing

Pre-Order Dates for TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus Nearing

Sunday, February 7th, 2010 6:02am CST

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 18,923

Real nearby.

It's a catch phrase that describes the presence of Punch (or Counterpunch) and it also relates the release date of the character's subsequent Collectors' Club Figure. Along with Shattered Glass Cyclonus, Punch/Counterpunch look to be available for pre-order within the month. Check out the news post over at the TFCC website below.

Punch/Counterpunch and Shattered Glass Cyclonus will be up for Pre-order very soon. We are just waiting on the final confirmation of the shipping schedule. Fan response to both figures has been very positive, so if you are not yet a club member, now is the time to join so you don't miss out on these two great figures! To see all our Club Figures click the "Club Toys" button!

Remember...JUST for joining you will receive this years FREE membership figure, Dion! You won't have to wait till issue 32 of the Club magazine to see the Elite Guard in action. We will be offering up a sneak peak at one of the other members on Dion's team later this month in the Members Only section of the Club site.

To be part of the action go here to...Join Now!

If you've been in the dark the past few weeks because Punch has been messing with your optics, then you can check out Punch (or is it Counterpunch?) and Shattered Glass Cyclonus below.

Keep it at Seibertron.com - You'll never be confused again!

Credit(s): TFCC

This article was last modified on Sunday, February 7th, 2010 6:03am CST

Re: Pre-Order Dates for TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus Nearing (1044866)
Posted by Rated X on February 7th, 2010 @ 6:32am CST
Re: Pre-Order Dates for TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus Nearing (1044868)
Posted by Blurrz on February 7th, 2010 @ 6:38am CST
Rated X wrote:Well to me the Cyclonus looks like an marvel crossovers iron man repaint. I dont understand what the term "shattered glass" means. Its not made out of clear plastic, so wheres the glass ??? And what is shattered ??? Wild repaints like that really dont encourage me to wanna buy a membership to the TFCC. I Think Counterpunch is a cool. I hope he ends up in Marshalls like Overkill and Drag Strip did last month. Ill buy him for sure.

If you're still confused than you can check out some information here.
Re: Pre-Order Dates for TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus Nearing (1044873)
Posted by Flux Convoy on February 7th, 2010 @ 7:01am CST
Rated X wrote: I Think Counterpunch is a cool. I hope he ends up in Marshalls like Overkill and Drag Strip did last month. Ill buy him for sure.

Since Blurrz already took care of the SG explanation, I can handle the rest. I assure you, you will never see club exclusives for sale at any retail store. Discount or otherwise. The only way to buy them is on the club online store and by being a member of the collector club or not being a member and paying a huge mark up.
:BOT:
Re: Pre-Order Dates for TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus Nearing (1044876)
Posted by Rated X on February 7th, 2010 @ 7:09am CST

Very bizzare, seems kind of like another way to juice money out of a mold. But interesting...

Heres the link:
Re: Pre-Order Dates for TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus Nearing (1044879)
Posted by Flux Convoy on February 7th, 2010 @ 7:22am CST
Rated X wrote:Haha, Shattered Glass is the alternate Transformers Universe. Where Autobots are bad guys, and Decepticons are good guys. Thus this Cyclonus is channeling Rodimus colors.

And TFCC issues Overkill and Drag Strip ended up in Marshalls across the country. I bought both of them for $ 9.99 each plus tax. Who's to say TFCC didnt strike a deal with Marshalls to sell their overstock on certain issues ???

Heres the link:
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... lls/17613/

Me, that's exactly what I'm telling you. It will never happen. You're also talking about Hasbro exclusives and club exclusives like they're the same thing. They aren't by any stretch. The club never releases anything outside their own means. Oh, and Shattered Glass was Botcon 2008s theme. Botcon figures and club figures are always repaints. Although some get new heads. Also, uh yeah I know about those. Notice that I posted in that thread? :lol:
:BOT:
Re: Pre-Order Dates for TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus Nearing (1044881)
Posted by Rated X on February 7th, 2010 @ 7:35am CST
Heres the link:
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... lls/17613/[/quote]
:BOT:[/quote]

Ok so here is the million dollar question:

Why do the pictures on this thread bear the same red and yellow logo titled "Hasbro Transformers Collectors Club" that is found on the Overkill and Drag Strip boxes ??? If these are not made by the same company then why do they share the same logo in the same writing with the same colors ???
Re: Pre-Order Dates for TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus Nearing (1044884)
Posted by PowerEncarnate on February 7th, 2010 @ 7:45am CST
Rated X wrote:TFCC issues Overkill and Drag Strip ended up in Marshalls across the country. I bought both of them for $ 9.99 each plus tax. Who's to say TFCC didnt strike a deal with Marshalls to sell their overstock on certain issues ???

lets see for the membership you get the option of getting these figures and FOR FREE, as part of your membership, get the Dion figure. thats 3, count them 1. Dion 2. SG Cyclonus and 3. Punch/Counterpunch, figures that you will never see in any store. If you lock up[ and find them on ebay u can bet that they will be 4x the price of membership and the 2 extra figures, each. so for my money ill be joining the club and getting the figures. But hey, its up to you.

Rated X wrote:Heres the link:
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... lls/17613/
:BOT:

Ok so here is the million dollar question:

Re: Pre-Order Dates for TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus Nearing (1044886)
Posted by Flux Convoy on February 7th, 2010 @ 7:57am CST
MechHaven wrote:and all figures have that on the back, well at least most do. its to promote the club to get people to join, to let them know it exists

Yep, most if not all Habro Transformers from the last few years have advertisement on the packaging. I've been around awhile man. I don't state things as fact that I don't actually know are true or not.
:BOT:
Re: Pre-Order Dates for TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus Nearing (1044898)
Posted by Rated X on February 7th, 2010 @ 8:09am CST
:BOT:[/quote]

And as far as Overkill and DragStrip ending up in Marshalls, lets be honest...Those figures were never intended to be sold through retail. Something went wrong. Probally overstock or poor communuication between the factory and the mail order department. Im sure that pissed off alot of collecters but getting my hands on them through retail made me very happy. :grin:
Re: Pre-Order Dates for TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus Nearing (1044907)
Posted by Flux Convoy on February 7th, 2010 @ 8:24am CST
Rated X wrote:Thats true...ive seen the logo before on regular transformers in wal-mart. But there must be some kind of affiliation between them and Hasbro. Hasbro is about money and would not go around promoting a 3rd party just to be nice...

Are you messing with me? Of course there's an affiliation. It's the Official TF Collector's Club. Master Collector has the license for Botcon, the club and the ability to have exclusive club figures among other things.

The Universe Special Edition figures were for sale through Hasbro online. Not the club. Apparently they didn't do so hot for them. Or maybe they just had a large amount of overstock. Who knows? I bought them online because I wanted them then. I certainly don't get pissed off when things I own suddenly become slightly easier to get.
:BOT:
Re: Pre-Order Dates for TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus Nearing (1044941)
Posted by Rated X on February 7th, 2010 @ 9:43am CST
:BOT:[/quote]

Thats cool my friend...Im glad you keep it real. Some people have a heart attack when toys get released to the public. Not every collector has credit to order these things online for outragous prices. I pay cash and wish I could see more of these releases in retail or at least hobby stores.
Re: Pre-Order Dates for TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus Nearing (1044989)
Posted by _shaddow_ on February 7th, 2010 @ 12:35pm CST
I wanted to know : if i'm not a member, can i pre-order it anyway ? if the answer is "no", can someone which is member could preorder it for me, please ? send me a PM if you can. Thanks.
Re: Pre-Order Dates for TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus Nearing (1044998)
Posted by Counterpunch on February 7th, 2010 @ 1:03pm CST
You'll never get Punch or SG Cyclonus at a Marshalls or any other outlet store.

Hasbro toy shop exclusives are entirely different things than are Transformers Club exclusives.

YJDK.

End of story.
Re: Pre-Order Dates for TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus Nearing (1045007)
Posted by _shaddow_ on February 7th, 2010 @ 1:34pm CST
Re: Pre-Order Dates for TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus Nearing (1045014)
Posted by Mkall on February 7th, 2010 @ 2:05pm CST
_shaddow_ wrote:Thanks but i already know that i won't be able to find it in store. i just want to know if someone can pre-order it for me when it'll be availible, in this case. i'll reimburse this person, indeed.

There is a non-member preorder price, which is usually about double the member preorder price. Secondary resellers like RobotKingdom and BBTS also will pick up a few at a price between the club's member and non-member prices.

You'll have to move fast though as these'll sell like hotcakes.
Re: Pre-Order Dates for TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus Nearing (1045018)
Posted by _shaddow_ on February 7th, 2010 @ 2:11pm CST
Mkall wrote:

You'll have to move fast though as these'll sell like hotcakes.

Thanks, that's what i wanted to know. Even if it's pricey, i'll pre-order at non-member price, i think.
Re: Pre-Order Dates for TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus Nearing (1045105)
Posted by Swiftpaw on February 7th, 2010 @ 4:54pm CST
I'll admit, one of the few reasons I kept my membership active is to get Punch/Counterpunch.
Re: Pre-Order Dates for TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus Nearing (1045238)
Posted by KingCyclonus on February 8th, 2010 @ 1:12am CST
I'll get them both simply because the Classics/Henkei Cyclonus is probably my favorite mold to come out in the past 5 years; also, I think Punch/Counterpunch is genius given the great job they did with Classics Sunstreaker and Sideswipe both being the same alt mode, but transforming differently to robot mode. :CON:
Re: Pre-Order Dates for TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus Nearing (1045324)
Posted by GuyIncognito on February 8th, 2010 @ 10:25am CST
I might get Punch/Counterpunch, but I'll pass on the McDonald's Edition Cyclonus.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "1980 Transformers Takara Hasbro G1 CLIFFJUMPER Action Figure Minibot complete" on EBAY
Buy "Autotech Combiners Transformers Crusher Stalker Striker Nitro Spike OSF 1999" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Megatronus And Optimus Prime Toys R Us Year?" on EBAY
Buy "4 Transformers Cyberverse Power Of The Spark Hot Rod ~Jazz~Bumblebee~Skybyte~" on EBAY
Buy "Flame Toys Kuro Kara Kuri - TARN - Transformers *** USA SELLER ***" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS UK G1 ADVENTURE GAME BOOK, HIGHWAY CLASH – 1980’S" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Battle for Cybertron 3 Sharkticons Attack Hotrod Figures" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA HASBRO TRANSFORMERS G1 SCRAPPER SERIES2 NO CANOPY STAMPED 80 84 JAPAN1985" on EBAY