Transformers News: Stock Photos - Takara Transformers Studio Series WWII Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Barricade, Crankcase

Tuesday, November 6th, 2018 6:58PM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 9,901

Thanks to Dengeki Hobby, we have new stock images for Takara's take on the upcoming Transformers Studio Series World War II Bumblebee, Dark of the Moon Sideswipe, Movie 1 Barricade, and Crankcase.

Bumblebee, Barricade, and Sideswipe are all brand new molds. Bee is based on his flashback scene from WWII in The Last Knight, a design that sort of comes out of left field, but is still pretty cool to get. Maybe this will mean a WWII Hot Rod is on its way too! Sideswipe is based on his convertible Stingray mode from Dark of the Moon, complete with dual swords and dual blasters, just like those he wielded during the Mexican standoff scene. Barricade is a new mold using some Transformation tricks from his recent Masterpiece toy. Crankcase meanwhile is a simple repaint of the wave 1 Crowbar figure, confusingly enough.

All of these figures will be available some time early next year, so stay tuned for images as they come!

Credit(s): Dengeki Hobby
Re: Stock Photos - Takara Transformers Studio Series WWII Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Barricade, Crankcase (1992868)
Posted by Ig89ninja on November 6th, 2018 @ 7:21pm CST
Re: Stock Photos - Takara Transformers Studio Series WWII Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Barricade, Crankcase (1992875)
Posted by Emerje on November 6th, 2018 @ 7:57pm CST

Emerje
Re: Stock Photos - Takara Transformers Studio Series WWII Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Barricade, Crankcase (1992877)
Posted by LeAwesome1 on November 6th, 2018 @ 8:03pm CST
Re: Stock Photos - Takara Transformers Studio Series WWII Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Barricade, Crankcase (1992882)
Posted by william-james88 on November 6th, 2018 @ 8:22pm CST
LeAwesome1 wrote:I think the only characters that I am desperately waiting for a release now are a 2007 Megatron and Shockwave. I need to complete my 2007 bots!

The DOTM shockwave toy w2as recently rereleased in an amazing deco under the Movie the Best line and ehich ever version you get, it scales really well with the SS line.
Re: Stock Photos - Takara Transformers Studio Series WWII Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Barricade, Crankcase (1992895)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on November 6th, 2018 @ 9:22pm CST
Emerje wrote:Man, that Sideswipe looks amazing! I don't actively buy SS, but I think I need that one in my hands.

Emerje

I feel the exact same way, but about WWII Bee. That will be bought on sight for the altmode alone.
Re: Stock Photos - Takara Transformers Studio Series WWII Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Barricade, Crankcase (1992899)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on November 6th, 2018 @ 9:32pm CST
Ig89ninja wrote:I have the DOTM Sideswipe already, so the only what I will buy him is if he could actually stand and hold a pose at the same time

DOTM Sideswipe suck though. Mostly because he's an unpainted prototype. The ROTF version is way better. Especially the HFTD Sidearm Sideswipe. Too bad the secondary market prices are ridiculous.

The SS version look like he'll have solid footing. As for the paint, we will have to wait for in-hand images to judge.
Re: Stock Photos - Takara Transformers Studio Series WWII Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Barricade, Crankcase (1992900)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on November 6th, 2018 @ 9:34pm CST
I love the headscult on that WWII Bee, I’m hoping that future SS Bumblebees use a tweaked version of this headsculpt instead of the TLK/SS 76 Camaro version. That head sculpt is ok, but this one gets the proportions way better.

Sideswipe’s looking great, needs some robot mode paint but I can fix that.

Barricade’s looking pretty good too, I wasn’t planning on getting him at first but he’s looking better and better.

Not interested much in Crankcase Fancy Crowbar.

So are SS Optimus v2 and Bonecrusher in this wave too?
Re: Stock Photos - Takara Transformers Studio Series WWII Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Barricade, Crankcase (1992902)
Posted by william-james88 on November 6th, 2018 @ 9:43pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Unless I am mistaken I think I gave you the red version of that mold through one of our trades back in the day.
Re: Stock Photos - Takara Transformers Studio Series WWII Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Barricade, Crankcase (1992903)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on November 6th, 2018 @ 9:54pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Oh yeah, I remember. It was a :CON: with an original head. However, he became trade fodder along my sealed HFTD S-A Sideswipe at my local geek store for some sweet geewuns.

I still have one version on display. The Walmart exclusive. That sonnova may not be screen accurate, but man, the PAINT!

Re: Stock Photos - Takara Transformers Studio Series WWII Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Barricade, Crankcase (1992907)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 6th, 2018 @ 11:02pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Oh yeah, I remember. It was a :CON: with an original head.
ROTF Swerve was an Autobot. :BOT:
Re: Stock Photos - Takara Transformers Studio Series WWII Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Barricade, Crankcase (1992966)
Posted by Deadput on November 7th, 2018 @ 8:26am CST
So box-back of Studio Series Megatron was "leaked" on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/TFCN.com.tw/ph ... =3&theater

Re: Stock Photos - Takara Transformers Studio Series WWII Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Barricade, Crankcase (1992967)
Posted by Ig89ninja on November 7th, 2018 @ 8:34am CST
Huh, the figure looks a lot better in the render, as should have been expected
Re: Stock Photos - Takara Transformers Studio Series WWII Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Barricade, Crankcase (1992972)
Posted by william-james88 on November 7th, 2018 @ 8:45am CST
Fellow Seibertronian Deadput has found images of the back of the box and instructions for the upcoming Transformers Studio Series leader class Dark of the Moon Megatron (I swear, these names are getting longer every year). The toy comes in at 30 steps, which is the same amount of steps leader Grimlock had. So an overly complex Transformation should not be expected. We can already tell that some parts are rather simple, like the blocky feet which we now know were most probably not mistransformed in the initial image we saw. We have confirmation that he comes with Igor and that he is number 34. With Jetfire being number 35, it is most likely the case that this Megatron is part of the first wave of 2019 Studio Series figures. The images were found on the the TF Factory Weibo page.

UPDATE: We also have a list from the Loopaza Megastore of all upcoming Takara releases of this same line. Please remember that the only difference between these and the Hasbro releases are the numbers. We do get further confirmation of another Optimus Prime coming our way. Is there such a thing as too many Optimus Primes? Let us know.

SS-19 WWII Bumblebee
SS-28 Dropkic
SS-29 Shatter
SS-30 Mystery Optimus Prime
SS-31 Cogman
SS-32 Scrapmetal
SS-33 Rampage

Re: Stock Photos - Takara Transformers Studio Series WWII Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Barricade, Crankcase (1992976)
Posted by Stryker P28 on November 7th, 2018 @ 8:55am CST
looks better than the mistransformed one
Re: Stock Photos - Takara Transformers Studio Series WWII Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Barricade, Crankcase (1992978)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on November 7th, 2018 @ 9:16am CST
This looks way better than the first time we saw him. I can't wait for more pictures. Before, everything in Studio Series was hit and miss for me, mostly wave 1 though, but now I want everything that will come out. I can't wait for it all :BOWDOWN:
Re: Stock Photos - Takara Transformers Studio Series WWII Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Barricade, Crankcase (1992980)
Posted by joevill on November 7th, 2018 @ 9:18am CST
Are most of these Studio Series repaints or are they new?
Re: Stock Photos - Takara Transformers Studio Series WWII Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Barricade, Crankcase (1992982)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on November 7th, 2018 @ 9:23am CST
joevill wrote:Are most of these Studio Series repaints or are they new?

I don't think that ANY of them are straight repaints, except for the Drift with Baby Dinobots.

Ratchet and Starscream are similar to their DOTM molds with some differences.

I think the Lockdown and Grimlock ones are pretty similar, but have slight remolding.
Re: Stock Photos - Takara Transformers Studio Series WWII Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Barricade, Crankcase (1992983)
Posted by william-james88 on November 7th, 2018 @ 9:24am CST
joevill wrote:Are most of these Studio Series repaints or are they new?

Most are new but based on previous toys in some way (like transformation). However, within the line itelf, there are lost of repaints.
Re: Stock Photos - Takara Transformers Studio Series WWII Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Barricade, Crankcase (1992984)
Posted by william-james88 on November 7th, 2018 @ 9:28am CST
DecepticonFinishline wrote:
joevill wrote:Are most of these Studio Series repaints or are they new?

Thundercracker is as well, and so is Cogman.
Re: Stock Photos - Takara Transformers Studio Series WWII Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Barricade, Crankcase (1992986)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on November 7th, 2018 @ 9:29am CST
DOTM Megatron looks better than he did in that first image, I’ll probably be getting him since this is my favorite version of Megatron. I want to see how he scales with SS Prime though, I hope he’s not too out of scale in robot mode.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #211 - On The Prowl
"On The Prowl"
Posted: Sunday, November 4th, 2018

Buy "2011 Hasbro Transformers RID Robots in Disguise GALVATRON Figur" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Lg16 Slipstream Takaratommy Action Figure Japan /c1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations WHEELJACK - Deluxe - New & Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS 2015 Robots In Disguise RID Warrior Class BISK Sealed New RARE!" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers 2016 Platinum Edition Armada of Cyclonus Scourge Sweep Pack" on EBAY
Buy "2 Transformers Robots In Disguise Figures Twininferni & Bisk New Legion Class" on EBAY
Buy "2 Transformers Robots In Disguise Figures Bisk & Groundbuster Legion Class New" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE POWER SURGE BUMBLEBEE and BUZZSTRIKE NEW in BOX" on EBAY