This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge

Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge

Thursday, September 11th, 2014 7:44AM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 27,183

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

In further Transformers YouTube news, the channel have updated another Behind the Scenes featurette. LAst time we saw the creation of the Dinobots, this time the focus is on the Cavalry Charge from the Age of Extinction movie - check it out embedded below!

Credit(s): Transformers YouTube

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1605652)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 11th, 2014 @ 7:52am CDT
This is the exact same video as the "Creation of the Dinobots" clip, but with a different title. Did Hasbro show the wrong video the first time?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1605663)
Posted by Va'al on September 11th, 2014 @ 9:01am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:This is the exact same video as the "Creation of the Dinobots" clip, but with a different title. Did Hasbro show the wrong video the first time?


So it's not just me, ok. Good to know I haven't entirely lost it yet. #-o
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1605820)
Posted by TurboMMaster on September 12th, 2014 @ 5:05am CDT
I think I save my money for Godzilla or New Captain America and download this via internet. After all, Michael Bay still owns me money wasted on ROTF and DOTM...
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1605822)
Posted by Burn on September 12th, 2014 @ 5:19am CDT
TurboMMaster wrote:I think I save my money for Godzilla or New Captain America and download this via internet. After all, Michael Bay still owns me money wasted on ROTF and DOTM...


Have you submitted a claim for compensation? Did you factor in your tears and destroyed childhood?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1605971)
Posted by Deadput on September 12th, 2014 @ 3:39pm CDT
TurboMMaster wrote:I think I save my money for Godzilla or New Captain America and download this via internet. After all, Michael Bay still owns me money wasted on ROTF and DOTM...



Bay does not owe you money for your own decision to see these movies


It's your own fault.


I feel everyone should be grateful we even have movies for both entertainment as well as partially saving Transformers from disappearing in the dark like GI Joe at least for a few more years.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1606068)
Posted by RhA on September 13th, 2014 @ 3:25am CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
TurboMMaster wrote:I think I save my money for Godzilla or New Captain America and download this via internet. After all, Michael Bay still owns me money wasted on ROTF and DOTM...



Bay does not owe you money for your own decision to see these movies


It's your own fault.


I feel everyone should be grateful we even have movies for both entertainment as well as partially saving Transformers from disappearing in the dark like GI Joe at least for a few more years.

This conversation has no winners. None.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1606088)
Posted by Blast Cannon on September 13th, 2014 @ 6:57am CDT
RhA wrote:
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
TurboMMaster wrote:I think I save my money for Godzilla or New Captain America and download this via internet. After all, Michael Bay still owns me money wasted on ROTF and DOTM...



Bay does not owe you money for your own decision to see these movies


It's your own fault.


I feel everyone should be grateful we even have movies for both entertainment as well as partially saving Transformers from disappearing in the dark like GI Joe at least for a few more years.

This conversation has no winners. None.


That's not true. I'm having a really positive experience as a result of this.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1606201)
Posted by SlyTF1 on September 13th, 2014 @ 11:50pm CDT
THEY BROUGHT AOE BACK TO MY THEATER IN IMAX!!! For one week, every day at 9:55! I'm going to go there and watch it every damn day. For once in my life, I "feel," something. IDFK if it's excitement, or even simply satisfaction, but damnit, AOE is back in IMAX, and I'm going to make the most of it. Then, I'm going to buy every version of the DVD/Bluray when it comes out.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1606214)
Posted by RhA on September 14th, 2014 @ 3:48am CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:THEY BROUGHT AOE BACK TO MY THEATER IN IMAX!!! For one week, every day at 9:55! I'm going to go there and watch it every damn day. For once in my life, I "feel," something. IDFK if it's excitement, or even simply satisfaction, but damnit, AOE is back in IMAX, and I'm going to make the most of it. Then, I'm going to buy every version of the DVD/Bluray when it comes out.

This post is about a movie, but really it's about good old teenage angst.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1606490)
Posted by Va'al on September 15th, 2014 @ 11:41am CDT
Another exclusive look at some Transformers: Age of Extinction behind the scenes material comes to us courtesy of USAToday. Wahlberg, Tucci, head of explosions (of course) Jim Schwalm and others of the crew talk about their experience on set with the very real explosions and pyrotechnics under Bay's direction. Read more below, and check out the embedded clip!

If you thought the action was intense onscreen in Transformers: Age of Extinction, check out this exclusive look behind the scenes.

The stars had to navigate scenes with real explosions that seem closer to a true war zone.

This extra from the Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital release features a Chinatown scene from the summer box office hit. The highly planned explosions come fast and furious.

"I had never experienced anything like that. There were explosions going off the likes of which I had never seen before," says Stanley Tucci, who starred in his first Transformers. "It was really exhilarating."

Tucci and star Mark Wahlberg sprint throughout set pieces on the Detroit set. Bay follows along barking out instructions into a megaphone.

Jim Schwalm, the explosives expert in charge of Michael Bay set explosions, also follows closely nearby. The Transformers veteran says that even he was impressed by the firepower required for the fourth installment of the franchise.

"We were way busy," says Schwalm. "We had bombs everywhere there."

At the end of the scene and a barrage of explosions, the actors finally complete the task to the satisfaction of Bay.

"That was awesome," he yells into the megaphone.

Transformers: Age of Extinction is out on digital September 16 and Blu-Ray/DVD September 30.


http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2014/09/15/transformers-age-of-extinction-mark-wahlberg/15581265/
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1606652)
Posted by SlyTF1 on September 16th, 2014 @ 12:46am CDT
It's the 16th. Where do I buy it?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1606661)
Posted by Burn on September 16th, 2014 @ 3:32am CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:It's the 16th. Where do I buy it?

Well first you have to leave your house and go out in public and face other people ...
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1606667)
Posted by RhA on September 16th, 2014 @ 5:15am CDT
Burn wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:It's the 16th. Where do I buy it?

Well first you have to leave your house and go out in public and face other people ...

Inferior, emotional people.

*edit* Order it online. You shall only have to face the mailman.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1606689)
Posted by SlyTF1 on September 16th, 2014 @ 8:30am CDT
Burn wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:It's the 16th. Where do I buy it?

Well first you have to leave your house and go out in public and face other people ...


No, it's only out for digital download, now.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1606785)
Posted by Burn on September 16th, 2014 @ 3:38pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:
Burn wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:It's the 16th. Where do I buy it?

Well first you have to leave your house and go out in public and face other people ...


No, it's only out for digital download, now.


Have you tried searching online?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1606806)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on September 16th, 2014 @ 5:00pm CDT
While you have to wait until September 30 to own Transformers Age of Extinction of DVD or Blu-Ray, you can get it on Digital HD starting today. You can check out all the different online stores to order it on the Official Age of Extinction website.

Image
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1606810)
Posted by SlyTF1 on September 16th, 2014 @ 5:19pm CDT
Just downloaded it onto my PS4. It started playing right after I bought it. This is badass!!!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1606812)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on September 16th, 2014 @ 5:24pm CDT
If the wait to own Transformers Age of Extinction of DVD or Blu-Ray is getting harder by the day, a few behind the scenes clips are available to give you a little relief. Parade Magazine has uploaded to its Youtube channel an exclusive behind the scenes clip where "Stanley Tucci keeps Sophia Myles laughing on the set of Transformers: Age of Extinction". Comic Book Movie also has an exclusive clip on its Youtube channel entitled "Bad Guys". Last but not least is Break.com whose exclusive clip is from "The Last Stand" featurette. The two Youtube videos have been embedded for you while the clip from "The Last Stand" featurette can be seen here.



Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1606828)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 16th, 2014 @ 6:14pm CDT
Grammer nearly swore for a sec in that clip.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1606857)
Posted by ConBotFormer on September 16th, 2014 @ 9:20pm CDT
I love Grammer. I really wish he wasn't killed off. I would have loved to see him in more TransFormers movies. Still, I'm grateful he was in AOE. He brought such a much needed, serious tone to this movie.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1606858)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 16th, 2014 @ 9:23pm CDT
ConBotFormer wrote:I love Grammer. I really wish he wasn't killed off. I would have loved to see him in more TransFormers movies. Still, I'm grateful he was in AOE. He brought such a much needed, serious tone to this movie.
I too wish he hadn't been killed off, but for different reasons, which I'll go into once I get to finishing/posting my review of the movie.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1609595)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 29th, 2014 @ 5:34pm CDT
I have a question to ask the local mods of this forum.

I am finally almost done typing up my review of the movie and hope to have it posted sometime this week. However, it is so massive in length that it cannot fit into just one post. I'm aware that this site is wary of people posting multiple consecutive posts at a time (i.e. - double-posting, triple-posting, etc.), so I'm asking about this before I post my review.

Would I be permitted to post my review in full all in one go via multiple-posting, or should I instead break down my review into sections and post each of those individually over a duration of time, allowing other users to respond in between each of my review posts?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1609653)
Posted by Autobot032 on September 30th, 2014 @ 12:41am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I have a question to ask the local mods of this forum.

I am finally almost done typing up my review of the movie and hope to have it posted sometime this week. However, it is so massive in length that it cannot fit into just one post. I'm aware that this site is wary of people posting multiple consecutive posts at a time (i.e. - double-posting, triple-posting, etc.), so I'm asking about this before I post my review.

Would I be permitted to post my review in full all in one go via multiple-posting, or should I instead break down my review into sections and post each of those individually over a duration of time, allowing other users to respond in between each of my review posts?


Breaking it up, allowing others to respond, will make it much easier to deal with if there's any fallout due to opinions and clashes. Plus it'll look neater than a double post with a wall of text that most won't take the time to read, and chances are they'll respond TL;DR or "^ THIS" again and again.

So yes to breaking it up in pieces, no to double posting. Now, if you have a blog or Facebook and you want to link us to the entire review in one piece when it's all said and done, that would be fine too.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1609663)
Posted by SlyTF1 on September 30th, 2014 @ 1:08am CDT
Yay, the Bluray and DVDs are out now. Even though I have the digital copy, I'm still buying every version, ever.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1609900)
Posted by Va'al on September 30th, 2014 @ 4:32pm CDT
Coinciding with and celebrating the release today of the Transformers: Age of Extinction DVD and Blu-Ray editions - and our exciting Seibertron.com/Paramount giveaway competition - entertainment website Comic Book Resources have taken the opportunity to have a chat with voice actor Peter Cullen, the voice of Optimus Prime in many of his incarnations. The clip can be found below, and more here.

To celebrate the release of Transformers: Age of Extinction on Blu-ray, Paramount Studios held a special “Behind the Wheel” press event in Las Vegas, where CBR’s Steve Sunu was able to get behind the wheel of some of the types of cars used in the summer blockbuster.

After tearing through a 7-turn track in an Audi R8 and Lamborghini Gallardo Ip560-4, which he opened up to over 100 mph, Sunu sat down with Peter Cullen, the iconic voice of Optimus Prime, to discuss his legacy over the last 30 years of Transformers and how grateful he is for having the opportunity to bring to life a character who has had a positive influence over several generations of fans.

Sunu also spoke with driver Sli Lewis, who was responsible for some of the film’s dangerous stunts, about his earliest experience behind the wheel, and his father’s immediate pride at his son’s driving prowess.


http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2014/09/30/cbr-tv-transformers-age-of-extinctions-peter-cullen-on-primes-legacy/
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1609903)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 30th, 2014 @ 4:44pm CDT
After the guy asked Cullen about his voicing him for 30 years, I noticed there was a cut between the question and answer, so I'm betting that before Cullen gave his answer, he might have clarified to the guy that he didn't voice Optimus during the 1988-2006 years, and then had that cut out.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1609953)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on September 30th, 2014 @ 8:06pm CDT
just once id like someone to ask cullen how he feels about prime becoming a murderer and wanting to kill humans, i really want to know his take on that aspect of bay prime.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1609957)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 30th, 2014 @ 8:17pm CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:just once id like someone to ask cullen how he feels about prime becoming a murderer and wanting to kill humans, i really want to know his take on that aspect of bay prime.
As a preview of what is to come, Cullen once did speak about that and I will be covering it in my forthcoming review of the AOE movie.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1610036)
Posted by TurboMMaster on October 1st, 2014 @ 3:57am CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:just once id like someone to ask cullen how he feels about prime becoming a murderer and wanting to kill humans, i really want to know his take on that aspect of bay prime.
No metter how stupid Michael Bay is, thanks to him Cullen have money. So it's hard to belive that Peter would attacks him personally. But I must say, I would gladly pay him more just to see how he insults Bay in public =P~
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1610285)
Posted by SlyTF1 on October 1st, 2014 @ 9:17pm CDT
I just noticed that after Optimus "bests," Grimlock, when Crosshairs is talking about Optimus's leadership, when Drift starts to walk, the plate on his leg goes through his "belt," piece. This surprised me because I never noticed any mistakes like that in any of the other 3 movies.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1610501)
Posted by Smokescreen on October 2nd, 2014 @ 4:58pm CDT
I'm sure everyone has already voiced their opinion on the various movies thus far.. I liked the first movie only after Transfans stepped in and told Bay what he was doing wrong. That movie turned out pretty good. When the 2nd movie came out, you could clearly see how he didn't take the advice of a lot of fans and went in a totally different direction with the twins and Devastator. Kind of irritated me TBH. 3rd and 4th movies weren't much better. I've watched AOE 4 times now, but each time I watched it(including when I saw it in theatres), I was bored and confused at the same time. The dialogue was way too fast, way too confusing, same types of action as the first 3 movies.. And I really didn't understand the whole Dinobots thing. When did Lockdown recover Grimlock? Last I knew he was still frozen in the ice! Then Prime rescues the Legendary Knights (Dinobots) and they are all following him out. He then tells them to follow him and help him out, but to do so they first need to fight him?? Totally didn't make any sense whatsoever. Then Grimlock gives up that easily?? I kept thinking.. WTF is going on here???? Then after the battle, Prime disappears off of Earth and just leaves the Dinobots to roam Earth? This had so many questions written all over it that I just thought.. screw it.. I hope this is the end of my misery, that Bay will leave cartoon based movies alone (even though he's messing up TMNT) and someone else will step in that actually LIKES space/alien type movies. JJ Abrams perhaps? I realize I haven't said much on these forums the last 6 years.. but I remember when I went to Botcon 2001, I heard about the first movie coming out.. It took 6 more years to finally show up. So I was excited. As the movies have rolled out, I've become less and less interested. I just think it could have been a lot better.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1610516)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 2nd, 2014 @ 5:42pm CDT
Smokescreen wrote:I'm sure everyone has already voiced their opinion on the various movies thus far.. I liked the first movie only after Transfans stepped in and told Bay what he was doing wrong. That movie turned out pretty good. When the 2nd movie came out, you could clearly see how he didn't take the advice of a lot of fans and went in a totally different direction with the twins and Devastator. Kind of irritated me TBH. 3rd and 4th movies weren't much better. I've watched AOE 4 times now, but each time I watched it(including when I saw it in theatres), I was bored and confused at the same time. The dialogue was way too fast, way too confusing, same types of action as the first 3 movies.. And I really didn't understand the whole Dinobots thing. When did Knockout recover Grimlock? Last I knew he was still frozen in the ice! Then Prime rescues the Legendary Knights (Dinobots) and they are all following him out. He then tells them to follow him and help him out, but to do so they first need to fight him?? Totally didn't make any sense whatsoever. Then Grimlock gives up that easily?? I kept thinking.. WTF is going on here???? Then after the battle, Prime disappears off of Earth and just leaves the Dinobots to roam Earth? This had so many questions written all over it that I just thought.. screw it.. I hope this is the end of my misery, that Bay will leave cartoon based movies along (even though he's messing up TMNT) and someone else will step in that actually LIKES space/alien type movies. JJ Abrahms perhaps? I realize I haven't said much on these forums the last 6 years.. but I remember when I went to Botcon 2001, I heard about the first movie coming out.. It took 6 more years to finally show up. So I was excited. As the movies have rolled out, I've become less and less interested. I just think it could have been a lot better.

A few points, as far as I know, the first movie never went under any serious changes as it was what Spielberg wanted it to be, about a boy and his first car. The second movie suffered because of the writer's strike. Paramount wanted the movie out on time leaving to the last and cheapest option, Bay writing and finishing the script.

The third movie...I didn't like. AoE: are you sure you have watched the movie? Knockout? You mean Lockdown?

Also TMNT, Bay had little involvement with that movie. In fact I've heard good things. Plus not everything Abrams have done is gold, cloverfield? Plus you want a fan on these movies? Or someone who brings in the money....like Bay.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1610517)
Posted by SlyTF1 on October 2nd, 2014 @ 5:58pm CDT
Smokescreen wrote:I'm sure everyone has already voiced their opinion on the various movies thus far.. I liked the first movie only after Transfans stepped in and told Bay what he was doing wrong. That movie turned out pretty good. When the 2nd movie came out, you could clearly see how he didn't take the advice of a lot of fans and went in a totally different direction with the twins and Devastator. Kind of irritated me TBH. 3rd and 4th movies weren't much better. I've watched AOE 4 times now, but each time I watched it(including when I saw it in theatres), I was bored and confused at the same time. The dialogue was way too fast, way too confusing, same types of action as the first 3 movies.. And I really didn't understand the whole Dinobots thing. When did Knockout recover Grimlock? Last I knew he was still frozen in the ice! Then Prime rescues the Legendary Knights (Dinobots) and they are all following him out. He then tells them to follow him and help him out, but to do so they first need to fight him?? Totally didn't make any sense whatsoever. Then Grimlock gives up that easily?? I kept thinking.. WTF is going on here???? Then after the battle, Prime disappears off of Earth and just leaves the Dinobots to roam Earth? This had so many questions written all over it that I just thought.. screw it.. I hope this is the end of my misery, that Bay will leave cartoon based movies along (even though he's messing up TMNT) and someone else will step in that actually LIKES space/alien type movies. JJ Abrahms perhaps? I realize I haven't said much on these forums the last 6 years.. but I remember when I went to Botcon 2001, I heard about the first movie coming out.. It took 6 more years to finally show up. So I was excited. As the movies have rolled out, I've become less and less interested. I just think it could have been a lot better.


It doesn't seem like you even watched the movie. There is no Knockout, and Grimlock was never in ice. And the Dinobots have always been the type where you have to prove yourself for them to follow you. And how the hell is the dialogue confusing?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1610733)
Posted by Smokescreen on October 3rd, 2014 @ 5:08pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:AoE: are you sure you have watched the movie? Knockout? You mean Lockdown?

Also TMNT, Bay had little involvement with that movie. In fact I've heard good things. Plus not everything Abrams have done is gold, cloverfield? Plus you want a fan on these movies? Or someone who brings in the money....like Bay.


Yes I've watched the movie. Watched it twice in theatres, once on an online website, and once now that I have the 3D/BluRay/DVD/Digital pack. Yes I meant to say Lockdown, I was writing this while scoping out other websites like bbts, RK, etc, etc, and got things changed around.

TMNT is directed by Bay. Nuff said.

I know not everything Abrams makes is gold, but he's put on quite the show for a few movies such as the 2 latest Star Trek movies. And no I'm not a Trekkie, but I actually "Liked" those movies.

And yes I want a fan on these movies working along side of a big director. Not just one or the other. This is what happened during the first movie. There are plenty of videos out there showing the outrage of Bay's leaks and how fans finally pushed their way in to throw in their 2 cents. I believe some of those videos can be seen in the 2 pack from the first movie.

SlyTF1 wrote:
It doesn't seem like you even watched the movie. There is no Knockout, and Grimlock was never in ice. And the Dinobots have always been the type where you have to prove yourself for them to follow you. And how the hell is the dialogue confusing?


Please scroll up to see the edit.

Have you watched the movie? Grimlock was in ice at the very beginning of the movie when the female (name?) from KSI came up to find out what was going on. Do you remember her passing thru the metal detector in the middle of nowhere, it going off, and then the archaeologist banging on Grimlocks teeth?

I think I already explained the dialogue situation. Way too fast, and in times not needed. Nuff said.

Like I said before, I'm sure everybody has made their own opinion about the movie, I'm just stating mine. Not looking for an argument, just throwing in my 2 cents.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1610734)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 3rd, 2014 @ 5:15pm CDT
Smokescreen wrote:TMNT is directed by Bay. Nuff said.
False. That movie was directed by Jonathan Liebesman. Bay was merely one of that film's SIX producers, and he wasn't even the executive producer.

Smokescreen wrote:Have you watched the movie? Grimlock was in ice at the very beginning of the movie when the female (name?) from KSI came up to find out what was going on. Do you remember her passing thru the metal detector in the middle of nowhere, it going off, and then the archaeologist banging on Grimlocks teeth?
False. That was not Grimlock. Nor was that dinosaur even of the same model design as Grimlock's. For one, it had a "mane" of sorts, which Grimlock did not have. And its teeth were laid out differently from Grimlock's, and its snout was a different shape from Grimlock's. If anything, it looked more like Scorn than it did Grimlock, but he too has differences that clash with the frozen dino's design.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1610735)
Posted by Smokescreen on October 3rd, 2014 @ 5:35pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:False. That movie was directed by Jonathan Liebesman. Bay was merely one of that film's SIX producers, and he wasn't even the executive producer.


Gotcha, thanks for trying to prove everything I said was wrong. I get that out of these types of websites all the time. For the longest time, even on MichaelBay.com it was talked about how he would be directing the movie. So apparently at some point and time he switched over to being a producer and Jonathan became director. After I initially heard he was directing the movie, I stopped paying attention.


Sabrblade wrote:False. That was not Grimlock. Nor was that dinosaur even of the same model design as Grimlock's. For one, it had a "mane" of sorts, which Grimlock did not have. And its teeth were laid out differently from Grimlock's, and its snout was a different shape from Grimlock's. If anything, it looked more like Scorn than it did Grimlock, but he too has differences that clash with the frozen dino's design.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfJluhYbxCM 46 seconds. This isn't Grimlock? Hmm.. interesting. Sure made everyone believe it was him.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1610737)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 3rd, 2014 @ 5:59pm CDT
Smokescreen wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:False. That movie was directed by Jonathan Liebesman. Bay was merely one of that film's SIX producers, and he wasn't even the executive producer.


Gotcha, thanks for trying to prove everything I said was wrong. I get that out of these types of websites all the time. For the longest time, even on MichaelBay.com it was talked about how he would be directing the movie. So apparently at some point and time he switched over to being a producer and Jonathan became director. After I initially heard he was directing the movie, I stopped paying attention.
Here's one of the original announcements of his being involved at all with that movie, which pegs him as the producer, not the director - http://deadline.com/2010/05/platinum-dunes-steers-turtles-relaunch-44238/

Bay directing that movie was the stuff of fan rumor.

Smokescreen wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:False. That was not Grimlock. Nor was that dinosaur even of the same model design as Grimlock's. For one, it had a "mane" of sorts, which Grimlock did not have. And its teeth were laid out differently from Grimlock's, and its snout was a different shape from Grimlock's. If anything, it looked more like Scorn than it did Grimlock, but he too has differences that clash with the frozen dino's design.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfJluhYbxCM 46 seconds. This isn't Grimlock? Hmm.. interesting. Sure made everyone believe it was him.
Nope. That ain't Grimlock or anybody.

What's more is that there was a time where the Dinobots weren't even going to be in this movie (they were gonna be in the next one, with this one foreshadowing them instead), yet it was still always going to open the way it did.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1610738)
Posted by Smokescreen on October 3rd, 2014 @ 6:10pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:What's more is that there was a time where the Dinobots weren't even going to be in this movie (they were gonna be in the next one, with this one foreshadowing them instead), yet it was still always going to open the way it did.


As I recall, after the 2nd movie, there were talks about how Dinobots would be added in the 3rd movie. But then I didn't hear much more about it. I went to see the movie, and they had Deeno (which sounded like it should have been Mirage), and it was as if someone said.. here's your dinosaur, now be gone. Now I know that may not be the case, but I personally felt misled by the whole ordeal, and that Bay was.. .. a DECEPTICON!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1610739)
Posted by Burn on October 3rd, 2014 @ 6:13pm CDT
Smokescreen wrote:Gotcha, thanks for trying to prove everything I said was wrong. I get that out of these types of websites all the time.


You have to forgive our resident know-it-all Sabrblade, he is quick to point out the inaccuracies of a persons post and has an awfully habit of not being tactful about it.

In this particular case though he is correct, Bay wasn't the Director, merely a Producer, however to give the movie more push they used his name as, and a lot of Bay-Haters on this sight will hate to read this, people enjoy going to see Michael Bay movies, or movies he is heavily involved in.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1610740)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 3rd, 2014 @ 6:18pm CDT
Burn wrote:
Smokescreen wrote:Gotcha, thanks for trying to prove everything I said was wrong. I get that out of these types of websites all the time.


You have to forgive our resident know-it-all Sabrblade, he is quick to point out the inaccuracies of a persons post and has an awfully habit of not being tactful about it.
Ain't that the truth. :oops:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1610741)
Posted by Smokescreen on October 3rd, 2014 @ 6:25pm CDT
Burn wrote:You have to forgive our resident know-it-all Sabrblade, he is quick to point out the inaccuracies of a persons post and has an awfully habit of not being tactful about it.


Hello Burn, its ok, I'm used to coming across the "know-it-alls". Guess though I've been a member of the site for some time now, I just haven't used the forums.

Burn wrote:In this particular case though he is correct, Bay wasn't the Director, merely a Producer, however to give the movie more push they used his name as, and a lot of Bay-Haters on this sight will hate to read this, people enjoy going to see Michael Bay movies, or movies he is heavily involved in.


Yeah I did a little more research on the issue and saw that Bay was merely a producer. I'm not a Bay-hater per se, because I loved "The Island", as well as "Pearl Harbor". I thought hmm.. someone is actually willing to try to make a Transformers movie? cool.. lets see what he can do. The first movie turned out great and had a lot of cameos to the 1986 Transformers movie cartoon. I thought.. wow.. this is great. With the involvement of Transfans I saw why. With the last few movies, I think its best for him to walk away and do something else. (In my opinion)
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1610742)
Posted by Burn on October 3rd, 2014 @ 6:32pm CDT
But see you're blaming the Director. You're completely over-looking the writers.

First movie was Orci/Kurtzman, notorious for not being very original.
Second movie was interrupted by the writers strike, so was rushed, Orci/Kurtzman returned along with Ehran Kruger
Third movie was solely Kruger
Fourth movie was solely Kruger.

From my personal perspective, as the movies have progressed they've gotten worse. With each movie my viewing times in the cinemas has reduced from the initial movie (four times) to AoE (once).

One thing has remained consistent. The director.

What's changed, the writers.

I don't blame Bay, I blame the writers.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1610747)
Posted by SlyTF1 on October 3rd, 2014 @ 7:02pm CDT
Smokescreen wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:False. That was not Grimlock. Nor was that dinosaur even of the same model design as Grimlock's. For one, it had a "mane" of sorts, which Grimlock did not have. And its teeth were laid out differently from Grimlock's, and its snout was a different shape from Grimlock's. If anything, it looked more like Scorn than it did Grimlock, but he too has differences that clash with the frozen dino's design.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfJluhYbxCM 46 seconds. This isn't Grimlock? Hmm.. interesting. Sure made everyone believe it was him.


Yeah, and by "everyone," you mean just you.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1610748)
Posted by Smokescreen on October 3rd, 2014 @ 7:04pm CDT
Well then lets get some new writers! :wink:

SlyTF1 wrote:
Yeah, and by "everyone," you mean just you.


no. everyone as in everyone who I went to see the movie with. (and yes I went with a group of 10 of us) everyone who I've talked with about the movie. everyone EXCEPT for people on this website.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1610750)
Posted by Burn on October 3rd, 2014 @ 7:10pm CDT
Smokescreen wrote:Well then lets get some new writers! :wink:

I would not have one problem with that at all.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1610821)
Posted by TurboMMaster on October 4th, 2014 @ 6:35am CDT
Burn wrote:But see you're blaming the Director. You're completely over-looking the writers.

First movie was Orci/Kurtzman, notorious for not being very original.
Second movie was interrupted by the writers strike, so was rushed, Orci/Kurtzman returned along with Ehran Kruger
Third movie was solely Kruger
Fourth movie was solely Kruger.

From my personal perspective, as the movies have progressed they've gotten worse. With each movie my viewing times in the cinemas has reduced from the initial movie (four times) to AoE (once).

One thing has remained consistent. The director.

What's changed, the writers.

I don't blame Bay, I blame the writers.
It was already proved that Bay changed original scripts a lot, and that Movies with simple and naive plot (Godzilla and Hercules from this summer only) are consider good, or at least decent. Yet some people still belive that this isn't Bay's fault that his movies were disaster. I don't know how this conspiracy can be so long-living...
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1610823)
Posted by Burn on October 4th, 2014 @ 6:48am CDT
There's a big difference between taking something and changing it and creating something from scratch.

Of course he would have made changes, I would imagine all directors do that, but he did NOT re-write them. Thus blaming him solely is pointless.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1610882)
Posted by Cthulhunicron on October 4th, 2014 @ 12:44pm CDT
Finally got around to seeing Age of Extinction. I have to say, though I'm not a huge fan of the overall style of the live-action films, this is definitely an improvement over the last two. The humor was definitely toned down, and I liked that there was a more compact set of characters. Every person in the movie felt like they had a reason for being there, and I liked that the whole family works together at the end to help defeat Lockdown. I also enjoyed Kelsey Grammar as Attinger.

I still wish they would get a better writer than Ehren Kruger. The guy doesn't seem to know how to make these movies connect and flow together. First it was the Allspark that created the Transformers and now it's these mysterious aliens? The Autobots seem to be pretty aware of the fact that they were made by aliens and that they had cyberformed Earth millions of years ago. So if they knew this the whole time, why were they saying that they were created by the Allspark in the first movie? And again, the incredible coincidences surrounding Earth are just annoying. Aliens cyberform Earth, then millions of years ago, the Fallen just happens to build the star harvester on Earth, then thousands of years later, the Allspark just happens to land on Earth, and then thousands of years later, Sentinel just happens to crash into Earth's moon. Sure is convenient.

Lockdown tells Prime that he wasn't born, he was built. I'm not really sure what he's getting at here... He could mean that all Transformers on their own, when in reality they are all manufactured by the Creators. This would contradict what Hound and Optimus say later when they speak candidly about their knowledge of aliens creating their race. It would also contradict the fact that the Decepticons were able to create hatchlings in Revenge of the Fallen. Or maybe he means the aliens created the first Transformers who then reproduced on their own for generations, but then the aliens built Optimus Prime to be some special Transformer. Or maybe he was just trying to tell Prime that aliens created the Cybertronian race and nothing more. But Optimus seems to already know this. Plus, if aliens created the Cybertronians and then later generations reproduced on their own, then Optimus would still have been born..not built.

So maybe that's what the Knights were? Special Transformers that were custom built by the creators and then reinserted into Cybertronian society with false memories so they wouldn't know of their true origins? Maybe that's what the Primes were? We don't know, because the movie is frustratingly vague about all this.

Speaking of vague, we don't know hardly anything about the Dinobots. From what I could gather, the Creators made them from dinosaurs when they cyberformed Earth...even though most of the other dinosaurs were just rendered down for their metal and made into normal Transformers. So maybe the Dinobots were some kind of experiment? Then somehow, they were told of in legends...it's not clear if they lived alongside the other Cybertronians, or what exactly happened to them between being created and being captured by Lockdown.

The idea of humans wanting to make their own Transformers is a neat idea, definitely one that's been around for a while in Transformers lore. Not a huge fan of the new, micro-cube style of transforming. Half the fun is watching all the pieces of the vehicle slide around, fold, and bend to reveal the robot form. I hope the old style of transformation returns in the next movie. I also wish they had done more classic Decepticons for this movie, or maybe had Double Dealer as one of Lockdown's henchmen.

The Autobot designs were definitely an improvement over abominations like Q and the twins. I kinda wish these Autobots would act a little more like heroes, though. Crosshairs openly talks about wishing he could kill all the others so he could be in charge. Hound kills a small animal on Lockdown's ship simply for spitting on him. It's hard for me to really sympathize with these characters when they're always screaming about killing everything in sight, hitting each other, calling everything a "bitch," etc. "I'm a fat ballerina who takes scalps and slits throats" has to be one of the worst lines of dialogue I've ever heard in a movie.

In closing, I think the movie was okay. Still not a huge fan of Michael Bay's style of directing, or Kruger's writing, but it's definitely better than the last two. Hopefully they keep improving.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1610892)
Posted by SlyTF1 on October 4th, 2014 @ 1:50pm CDT
Cthulhunicron wrote:Finally got around to seeing Age of Extinction. I have to say, though I'm not a huge fan of the overall style of the live-action films, this is definitely an improvement over the last two. The humor was definitely toned down, and I liked that there was a more compact set of characters. Every person in the movie felt like they had a reason for being there, and I liked that the whole family works together at the end to help defeat Lockdown. I also enjoyed Kelsey Grammar as Attinger.

I still wish they would get a better writer than Ehren Kruger. The guy doesn't seem to know how to make these movies connect and flow together. First it was the Allspark that created the Transformers and now it's these mysterious aliens? The Autobots seem to be pretty aware of the fact that they were made by aliens and that they had cyberformed Earth millions of years ago. So if they knew this the whole time, why were they saying that they were created by the Allspark in the first movie? And again, the incredible coincidences surrounding Earth are just annoying. Aliens cyberform Earth, then millions of years ago, the Fallen just happens to build the star harvester on Earth, then thousands of years later, the Allspark just happens to land on Earth, and then thousands of years later, Sentinel just happens to crash into Earth's moon. Sure is convenient.

Lockdown tells Prime that he wasn't born, he was built. I'm not really sure what he's getting at here... He could mean that all Transformers on their own, when in reality they are all manufactured by the Creators. This would contradict what Hound and Optimus say later when they speak candidly about their knowledge of aliens creating their race. It would also contradict the fact that the Decepticons were able to create hatchlings in Revenge of the Fallen. Or maybe he means the aliens created the first Transformers who then reproduced on their own for generations, but then the aliens built Optimus Prime to be some special Transformer. Or maybe he was just trying to tell Prime that aliens created the Cybertronian race and nothing more. But Optimus seems to already know this. Plus, if aliens created the Cybertronians and then later generations reproduced on their own, then Optimus would still have been born..not built.

So maybe that's what the Knights were? Special Transformers that were custom built by the creators and then reinserted into Cybertronian society with false memories so they wouldn't know of their true origins? Maybe that's what the Primes were? We don't know, because the movie is frustratingly vague about all this.

Speaking of vague, we don't know hardly anything about the Dinobots. From what I could gather, the Creators made them from dinosaurs when they cyberformed Earth...even though most of the other dinosaurs were just rendered down for their metal and made into normal Transformers. So maybe the Dinobots were some kind of experiment? Then somehow, they were told of in legends...it's not clear if they lived alongside the other Cybertronians, or what exactly happened to them between being created and being captured by Lockdown.

The idea of humans wanting to make their own Transformers is a neat idea, definitely one that's been around for a while in Transformers lore. Not a huge fan of the new, micro-cube style of transforming. Half the fun is watching all the pieces of the vehicle slide around, fold, and bend to reveal the robot form. I hope the old style of transformation returns in the next movie. I also wish they had done more classic Decepticons for this movie, or maybe had Double Dealer as one of Lockdown's henchmen.

The Autobot designs were definitely an improvement over abominations like Q and the twins. I kinda wish these Autobots would act a little more like heroes, though. Crosshairs openly talks about wishing he could kill all the others so he could be in charge. Hound kills a small animal on Lockdown's ship simply for spitting on him. It's hard for me to really sympathize with these characters when they're always screaming about killing everything in sight, hitting each other, calling everything a "****," etc. "I'm a fat ballerina who takes scalps and slits throats" has to be one of the worst lines of dialogue I've ever heard in a movie.

In closing, I think the movie was okay. Still not a huge fan of Michael Bay's style of directing, or Kruger's writing, but it's definitely better than the last two. Hopefully they keep improving.


The things about the Knights and the Creators are supposed to be vague. They still have 2 movies left to explain it all.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - Behind the Scenes of the Cavalry Charge (1610896)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 4th, 2014 @ 2:18pm CDT
TurboMMaster wrote:
Burn wrote:But see you're blaming the Director. You're completely over-looking the writers.

First movie was Orci/Kurtzman, notorious for not being very original.
Second movie was interrupted by the writers strike, so was rushed, Orci/Kurtzman returned along with Ehran Kruger
Third movie was solely Kruger
Fourth movie was solely Kruger.

From my personal perspective, as the movies have progressed they've gotten worse. With each movie my viewing times in the cinemas has reduced from the initial movie (four times) to AoE (once).

One thing has remained consistent. The director.

What's changed, the writers.

I don't blame Bay, I blame the writers.
It was already proved that Bay changed original scripts a lot, and that Movies with simple and naive plot (Godzilla and Hercules from this summer only) are consider good, or at least decent. Yet some people still belive that this isn't Bay's fault that his movies were disaster. I don't know how this conspiracy can be so long-living...

But there is no conspiracy. People out there love these movies. Simple as. Everyone has their tastes. Also not everyone wants the live action movies to just be repeats of the not-very-good-at-all-when-looked-at-without-nostagia-goggles animated movie.

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ARMADA #6 Dreamwave Comics 2002 (W) Furman (A) Lee"
TRANSFORMERS ARMAD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 3rd ptg Image Comics 2023 1023IM896 (CA) Parel + Chuong"
TRANSFORMERS #1 3r ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #4 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926W"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SECTOR 7 #1 (of 5) Cover A IDW Comics 2010 (CA) Rood 200212a"
Transformers SECTO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #27 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 NOV200364 27B (CA) Powell (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #27 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS PREVIEW 2nd ptg Optimus Prime var Dreamwave Comics 2002 G1 (CA) Lee"
TRANSFORMERS PREVI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JAN210498 2A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 2A 210411B"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 1023IM389 3E (CA) Dragotta"
TRANSFORMERS #3 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 2nd ptg Cvr B Lord Golobulus Image Comics 1223IM856 Howard"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #35 IDW Comics 2014 Days of Deception 200211b"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Spotlight RAMJET RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2007 (CA) Musso 231208R"
Transformers Spotl ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 1223IM326 5D (CA) Bustos"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #5 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MOVIE PREQUEL #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2007 1A (CA) Figeruoa 230323A"
Transformers MOVIE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #344 - Journey to the Pegs
Twincast / Podcast #344:
"Journey to the Pegs"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, February 24th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Quake and Chasm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Broadside and Blunderbuss" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON