This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Seibertron Henshin! Tokusatsu Discussion Thread

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

Re: Seiberton Henshin! Tokusatsu Discussion Thread

Postby Bradimus » Tue May 10, 2016 9:18 am

Motto: "If I have the power to make a difference, I should put it to good use."
Weapon: Twin Swords
Sabrblade wrote:
Bradimus wrote:In Sentai watching news, I'm through episode 31 of GoGoV so I watched the team up with Gingaman. It was good, one of the better ones, actually. Somehow those too series' characters matched up well.
If only the same could be said for its Power Rangers counterpart, "Trakeena's Revenge", which sadly wasn't one of the better team ups.

Last time I saw the PR team up was when it aired. At the time I was excited to see the old team again, and Lightspeed Rescue was a letdown from Lost Galaxy for me, so I just enjoyed the team up. I barely remember it now. That's probably not a good thing. I do still remember The Space Rangers' return in Lost Galaxy, and that was good. So yeah, Lightspeed Rescue was really a letdown. :(
Bradimus
Pretender
News Credits: 3
Watch Bradimus on YouTube
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Tue May 10, 2016 10:58 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Bradimus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Bradimus wrote:In Sentai watching news, I'm through episode 31 of GoGoV so I watched the team up with Gingaman. It was good, one of the better ones, actually. Somehow those too series' characters matched up well.
If only the same could be said for its Power Rangers counterpart, "Trakeena's Revenge", which sadly wasn't one of the better team ups.

Last time I saw the PR team up was when it aired. At the time I was excited to see the old team again, and Lightspeed Rescue was a letdown from Lost Galaxy for me, so I just enjoyed the team up. I barely remember it now. That's probably not a good thing. I do still remember The Space Rangers' return in Lost Galaxy, and that was good. So yeah, Lightspeed Rescue was really a letdown. :(
Yeah, as a kid, I thought the team up was cool by virtue of it being a team up in and of itself. But, rewatching it as an adult, there are some major issues with it such as the Galaxy Rangers getting so little screentime, barely even being in the team up since all the focus was given to the little girl instead, Kelsey knows who Leo is when she shouldn't, and the final battle against Trakeena's monstrous form have the Galaxy Rangers be like "We need the Galactibeasts, but they're on Mirinoi!" at one point, and then the very next point the Galactibeasts just show up out of the blue without explanation, and the Rangers are like "Alright! The Galactibeasts!" as though they're just as surprised as we are yet never question how they got there. It was not a very well made team up.

But the rest of the Lightspeed Rescue series was really cool.

Now, the In Space/Lost Galaxy team up you mentioned: Awesome! Arguably the second-best PR team up (the first one hands down being the Time Force/Wild Force team up, which was even completely American-made without any Sentai footage).
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 439
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Bradimus » Tue May 10, 2016 2:20 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Now, the In Space/Lost Galaxy team up you mentioned: Awesome! Arguably the second-best PR team up (the first one hands down being the Time Force/Wild Force team up, which was even completely American-made without any Sentai footage).

I completely agree with that. I especially enjoyed Jen's return which cemented her as one of the best Power Rangers of all time and a total bad@**. She's not Rin (Houou Ranger), but she's close.
Bradimus
Pretender

Postby Sabrblade » Tue May 10, 2016 9:34 pm

Bradimus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Now, the In Space/Lost Galaxy team up you mentioned: Awesome! Arguably the second-best PR team up (the first one hands down being the Time Force/Wild Force team up, which was even completely American-made without any Sentai footage).

I completely agree with that. I especially enjoyed Jen's return which cemented her as one of the best Power Rangers of all time and a total bad@**. She's not Rin (Houou Ranger), but she's close.
Jen was and is easily the best Pink Ranger of any PR series, even getting to be the only Pink Ranger to ever be the leader of a team. She was awesome.

But then, Time Force on the whole was awesome. One of the best PR seasons ever made. Definitely within the top nine best ones.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Bradimus » Wed May 11, 2016 10:42 am

Sabrblade wrote:Jen was and is easily the best Pink Ranger of any PR series, even getting to be the only Pink Ranger to ever be the leader of a team. She was awesome.

But then, Time Force on the whole was awesome. One of the best PR seasons ever made. Definitely within the top nine best ones.

And yet I've heard Timeranger was not well received in Japan. Strange. I'll be getting to it next.
Bradimus
Pretender

Postby Sabrblade » Wed May 11, 2016 10:46 am

Bradimus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Jen was and is easily the best Pink Ranger of any PR series, even getting to be the only Pink Ranger to ever be the leader of a team. She was awesome.

And yet I've heard Timeranger was not well received in Japan. Strange. I'll be getting to it next.
That's a shame. What I've heard and read about Timeranger makes it sound just as if not more awesome than Time Force was. Makes me wonder how Japan felt about Time Force when they got it dubbed over there, as I know they at least favored the likes of In Space and Lost Galaxy over Megaranger and Gingaman.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Wed May 11, 2016 3:47 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
We now have a partial image of Ghost's Mugen Damashii, via an add for the special Eyecon set for the Summer Movie.

First Image Kamen Rider Ghost Mugen Damashii, and Kamen Rider Dark Ghost via Tokunation.

Yup, the villain is yet again a dark copy of the main Rider, but at least he's got a form unique to him: Napoleon Damashii. And Ghost gets a new form as well: Darwin Damashii. All three Eyecon come in a set, to be released the 6th of August. Expect the Dark Ghost icon to be a letdown: it'll play the generic "Dark Rider" sounds.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Bradimus » Fri May 13, 2016 7:48 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Bradimus wrote:

That's a shame. What I've heard and read about Timeranger makes it sound just as if not more awesome than Time Force was. Makes me wonder how Japan felt about Time Force when they got it dubbed over there, as I know they at least favored the likes of In Space and Lost Galaxy over Megaranger and Gingaman.

That's strange. I much prefer Megaranger to In Space, though In Space was epic and gave the Zordon arc and all the villains a definitive ending. But so much was lost from Megaranger in In Space. There were so many cool things and I love how it's modeled after video games. And the music- :michaelbay: No comparison, though I give In Space credit for having a good theme song. But I hate Go Go Power Rangers so just about everything else is better than any theme song that uses the original chorus tune.

I can see how they would like Lost Galaxy over Gingaman. This is tough call for me because Lost Galaxy served as an epilogue to the Zordon story and told an epic tale. I like the Power Rangers more than the Gingamen, but I like the Balban more than the villains in Lost Galaxy. But the Lost Galaxy villains may have been the best in Power Rangers with In Space coming in second due to the strong emotional story of Anstronema and Andros. And her carry over into Lost Galaxy is why I like the Galaxy Rangers more than their sentai counterparts. The Lost Galaxy theme is better than Gingaman but the Balban themes, in particular Sambash's theme, rocked. Tough call.
Bradimus
Pretender

Postby Madeus Prime » Mon May 23, 2016 3:29 pm

Motto: "Rule #45 of the Madeus Handbook: Timey wimey is an adequate term for scienc-y stuff."
Just caught up on Amazons, OMG this is what I want to see in Kamen Rider more!! The violent fights, the decent acting, the writing!
Madeus Prime art credited to SillySpringer
Madeus Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 23
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 6
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby Evil Eye » Tue May 24, 2016 6:40 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Is this the right place for this? Because HOLY SH*T HIDEAKI ANNO IS DIRECTING A NEW JAPANESE GODZILLA MOVIE AND IT LOOKS GREAT

Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6

Postby Madeus Prime » Tue May 24, 2016 7:46 am

Motto: "Rule #45 of the Madeus Handbook: Timey wimey is an adequate term for scienc-y stuff."
Delta Magnus wrote:Is this the right place for this? Because HOLY SH*T HIDEAKI ANNO IS DIRECTING A NEW JAPANESE GODZILLA MOVIE AND IT LOOKS GREAT

...Wow, how did I forget this? :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS:

I think he looks frikkin' terrifying in this, and bizarrely, that tail shot looked more realistic than Godzilla 2014
Madeus Prime
City Commander

Postby Hellscream9999 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:55 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
I dunno where this would go, but it transforms like a megazord, so I think that qualifies it for this thread.

I don't even... It's... amazing, but... why... 8-}
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Skill: Infinity

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:04 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:I dunno where this would go, but it transforms like a megazord, so I think that qualifies it for this thread.

First they make Transformers-esque Toy Story toys back in the early 2000s, and now a Combining Mecha Toy Story toy.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Hellscream9999 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:15 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:I dunno where this would go, but it transforms like a megazord, so I think that qualifies it for this thread.

First they make Transformers-esque Toy Story toys back in the early 2000s, and now a Combining Mecha Toy Story toy.

It actually looks really cool, it manages to contain the cheese factor quite well; I hope Baltmatrix reviews it :PRAY:
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Skill: Infinity

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:27 am

Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

It actually looks really cool, it manages to contain the cheese factor quite well; I hope Baltmatrix reviews it :PRAY:

Apparently it's called Woody Robo Sheriff Star.

He reviewed a previous entry in the series, the one with Mickey Mouse and his friends. There's a third one with Doraemon characters as well.

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:15 am

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Madeus Prime » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:06 pm

I'm getting a Rodeomaru vibe.

Also, I am so happy we're getting a second season of Amazons.
Madeus Prime
City Commander

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:39 pm

Madeus Prime wrote:Also, I am so happy we're getting a second season of Amazons.

Also happy that Amazon will make the series viewable internationally, including in the US. :-D

Except I don't have that, just Netflix.

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby Madeus Prime » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:27 pm

Caught up on Ghost and I got to say that Mugen Damashii is...well, it just looks like somebody crossed over Wizard Infinity Style and Fourze. Plus, emotion based attacks? That's just boring. I miss the really cool upgrades we used to have...

Other news as well, the shift cars for the new Drive spinoff movie have been revealed:
Shift Ride Crosser of the left and Shift Heartron on the right. Apparently Ride Crosser will give Mach his Chaser Mach form again, something I was hoping to see more of. Heartron is a remold of Shift Tridoron, featuring much of the same effects and phrases, redone for Heart's character.

I'm really hoping Kamen Rider Heart is a redesign (ala Super Deadheat) of Type Tridoron.
Madeus Prime
City Commander

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:24 pm

Madeus Prime wrote:Caught up on Ghost and I got to say that Mugen Damashii is...well, it just looks like somebody crossed over Wizard Infinity Style and Fourze.

You're not the first to notice. :) It's getting to the point of Cyclone Mini-Cons being compared to Bakugan (don't!).

Other news as well, the shift cars for the new Drive spinoff movie have been revealed:
Shift Ride Crosser of the left and Shift Heartron on the right. Apparently Ride Crosser will give Mach his Chaser Mach form again, something I was hoping to see more of. Heartron is a remold of Shift Tridoron, featuring much of the same effects and phrases, redone for Heart's character.

I'm really hoping Kamen Rider Heart is a redesign (ala Super Deadheat) of Type Tridoron.

Chou Deadheat Drive was simply a recolored Mashin Chaser with a retooled Drive helmet piece. Pretty much on par with Gaim Gaiden which were kitbashed for the most part:

Watermelon Arms: recolored Melon Arms
Ringo Arms: recolored Golden/Silver Arms
Dragon Energy Arms prototype: retooled Dragon Energy Arms to have symmetrical shoulder pieces and to smooth out the chest piece

Jimber Marron Arms: recolored Jimber Arms with newly tooled weapons. However, the second set of gauntlets is recolored from OOO's in SaGohZo Combo
Lemon Arms: based on a Legends Rider Arms, but I'm not sure which one.

Both seem to feature sounds, mainly quotes from the series, from Chase, Heart, Brain and Medic. In case you're curious, here are the sounds each Shift Car makes when used in their proper Driver (Mach Driver Honoo for Ride Crosser, Drive Driver for Heartron):

Shift Ride Crosser
Signal Bike/Shift Car!
Rider! Mach Chaser!
Hissatsu! Full Throttle! Mach Chaser!

Shift Hearttron (split between Drive Driver and the Shift Car)
Fire all Core!
Drive! Type Miracle!
Heart, the Kamen Rider!
Come on! Heart!
Viral Kakimazeru!
Hissatsu! Full Throttle! Heart!

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby Madeus Prime » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:04 am

In relation to my comment about Mugen Damashii. I really, really, really, dislike this form. It's already being overused in Episode 35 with three(!) henshins in it's first use (Not counting the glow-y appearance or it's technical debut). Super boringly standard final upgrade, as it just shrugs off attacks like they are nothing. At least Grateful got some hurting dealt out in his first appearance.

Oh BTW, there's going to be a new rider outside of Dark Ghost in the summer movie, Zero Specter, Specter's daddy/purple redeco with three horns and a new face.
Madeus Prime
City Commander

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:35 am

Following the official subbed DVD releases of Zyuranger, Dairanger, and Kakuranger, Ohranger will be seeing an official subtitled DVD release by Shout! Factory this Fall!

http://news.tokunation.com/2016/05/21/shout-factory-confirms-chouriki-sentai-ohranger-complete-series-dvd-set-33127

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Bradimus » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:02 am

Are any Super Sentai on Amazon Prime and Netflix yet?
Bradimus
Pretender

Postby King Kuuga » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:34 am

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
No, but you can find some Ultra Series on Shout Factory TV and Crunchyroll.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 9

Postby Madeus Prime » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:11 pm

That Bot wrote:No, but you can find some Ultra Series on Shout Factory TV and Crunchyroll.

And all Kamen Rider, Super Sentai, and Ultra series on KissAsian (not a dating site).

Also, trademark confirmed the name of the next Kamen Rider: Ex-Aid!!
Madeus Prime
City Commander

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #3 Vol 1 Dreamwave Comics 2002 G1 Autobots Mini-Bot"
Transformers PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM976 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 AUG210587 3B (CA) Padilla"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 JAN210500 2RI 220427"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #1 Cvr E RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 MAR220470 1E Su"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #7 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915W"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #24 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210209D"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 4E GI JOE 0124IM251 (CA) Oliver (W) Williamson"
DUKE #4 Cvr E 1:50 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIMACY #4 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2014 4RI SEP140388 (CA) Griffith"
Transformers PRIMA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #9 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 AUG210583 9A (CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED FCBD IDW Comics 2008 Free Comic Book Day 230227"
TRANSFORMERS ANIMA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 MAR220508 War's End 4A Lawrence"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #4 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 JUN221677 4RI (CA) Su"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ONGOING #24 Cvr A IDW Comics 2011 24A (W) Costa (CA) Ramondelli"
Transformers ONGOI ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Autobot Stylor and Chromedome" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON