Transformers News: Machinima Transformers: Titans Return Announces New Cast, Featuring Peter Cullen, Judd Nelson, Wil Wheaton, and More

Tuesday, July 18th, 2017 12:19PM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, People News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 19,095

A number of online sources, including Variety and Collider, are reporting some fairly breaking Transformers news from Machinima, and their new collaboration with Hasbro: the Titans Return animated series, sequel to Combiner Wars! It looks like the first iteration went down well enough to increase budget - and new voice actors have been brought in, shuffling around most of the cast.

That means we will now be hearing the likes of Peter Cullen, Judd Nelson, Michael Dorn, Wil Wheaton, Nolan North, and Jason David Frank, with the first two reprising their staple roles, and the latter working on Fortress Maximus, Perceptor, Metroplex, and Emissary. Check out more info below!

“Transformers: Titans Return” will feature the voice talents of Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime — the role he originated for the original 1980s animated TV show – along with Wil Wheaton, Judd Nelson, Michael Dorn and Jason David Frank in the digital series from Warner Bros.’ Machinima and toy giant Hasbro.

The series is the second installment in the Transformers “Prime Wars” trilogy. “Titans Return” will premiere in November exclusively on Verizon’s Go90 video service worldwide, except in China where it will be available on Sohu.com. The series comprises 10 episodes, each about 11 minutes long. Hasbro last year rolled out the Titans Return toy line in the Transformers Generations series.

The first chapter of the trilogy, “Transformers: Combiner Wars,” has generated more than 125 million views since debuting in August 2016, exclusively on Go90 in the U.S., according to Machinima.

In “Titans Return,” Nelson reprises his roles of Rodimus Prime and Hot Rod from the 1986 animated “Transformers” movie. The show also features Wheaton as Perceptor; Dorn as Fortress Maximus; North as Metroplex; and Frank as Emissary.

Those new cast members join returning talent from “Combiner Wars,” including Abby Trott (voice of Windblade), Jason Marnocha (Megatron), Frank Todaro (Starscream), Lana McKissack (Mistress of Flame), and DashieGames (Menasor).

In addition, Machinima and Hasbro have added other YouTube influencers to the cast, in a bid to lure the digital stars’ fans to “Titans Return,” including MatPat, creator of the YouTube channels Game Theorist, Film Theorist, GT Live and MatPat’s Game Lab; Rob Dyke, a YouTube influencer best known for “Seriously Strange”; and Tay Zonday, best known for his viral “Chocolate Rain” video.

“Titans Return” picks up where the destruction of “Combiner Wars” left off. In the series, the gigantic Transformers called Titans are awakened and cause massive problems. Trypticon, a gigantic lizard-like Transformer, rises to wreak havoc on Cybertron, while Windblade and a ragtag team of Transformers must resurrect an ancient ally. The conflict will transform beloved heroes forever — while some Transformers will be blown to oblivion.

“Titans Return” is being overseen by Executive Producer and showrunner FJ DeSanto. Here’s a look at the new cast members:

Peter Cullen (OPTIMUS PRIME): The original Optimus Prime from the Transformers animated television series.
Judd Nelson (RODIMUS PRIME / HOT ROD): The famed actor from The Breakfast Club and St. Elmo’s Fire reprising roles from the 1986 animated Transformers movie.
Michael Dorn (FORTRESS MAXIMUS): Starred in Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Wil Wheaton (PERCEPTOR): Star of Big Bang Theory and Star Trek: The Next Generation.
Jason David Frank (EMISSARY): Original Green Ranger from the Power Rangers TV series.
Nolan North (METROPLEX): Iconic voice actor featured in Uncharted, Halo, and Assassins Creed video games.

Transformers News: Machinima Transformers:Titans Return Announces New Cast, Featuring Peter Cullen, Judd Nelson, Wil Wh
Credit(s): Variety, Collider
Re: Machinima Transformers: Titans Return Announces New Cast, Featuring Peter Cullen, Judd Nelson, Wil Wheaton, and More (1897378)
Posted by o.supreme on July 18th, 2017 @ 12:22pm CDT
[quote]Michael Dorn (FORTRESS MAXIMUX): [/quote] :lol: Sounds about right. Instead of a proper Transfomrers series...they get this pool of voice talent for a (insert expletive here) web series. Maximux, as in he mux up the series. Sounds about right.

I have so many question, all of which I know I'm going to regret. If they couldn't even render a single full Titan in the last series, how are they going to do (2 apparently) in this series?

Of course based on the last one, probably Metroplex and Fortress Maximus will sit idly by the whole series until the end while Windblade and co. do a bunch decidedly Non-Titany things.
Re: Machinima Transformers: Titans Return Announces New Cast, Featuring Peter Cullen, Judd Nelson, Wil Wheaton, and More (1897379)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on July 18th, 2017 @ 12:25pm CDT
Interesting. Hoping the bigger budget and longer runtime will mean this ends up better than CW...to be honest, I'm just glad they didn't change Megatron's voice actor. I liked him in CW, as many others did, so hopefully they don't change his characterization. Everything else except for the art style does have much room for improvement, and while I do have hopes for this series, if it falls on its face again I just won't watch it more than once and wait for Freddery to abridge it. :lol:
Re: Machinima Transformers: Titans Return Announces New Cast, Featuring Peter Cullen, Judd Nelson, Wil Wheaton, and More (1897381)
Posted by ScottyP on July 18th, 2017 @ 12:29pm CDT

Am I being overly negative/pessimistic? Let me try again:

It's going to suck.
Re: Machinima Transformers: Titans Return Announces New Cast, Featuring Peter Cullen, Judd Nelson, Wil Wheaton, and More (1897382)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 18th, 2017 @ 12:30pm CDT
Re: Machinima Transformers: Titans Return Announces New Cast, Featuring Peter Cullen, Judd Nelson, Wil Wheaton, and More (1897383)
Posted by King Kuuga on July 18th, 2017 @ 12:36pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I mean, the only names on that big name list who I buy being in this project are Nolan North and maybe Peter Cullen. The rest are too big to have any business being in this series. It's baffling. It just can't be for real.

They will probably have as many lines as Maxima.
Re: Machinima Transformers: Titans Return Announces New Cast, Featuring Peter Cullen, Judd Nelson, Wil Wheaton, and More (1897386)
Posted by ScottyP on July 18th, 2017 @ 12:43pm CDT
Judd Nelson has been popping up a bit more recently. Maybe he's got some bills to pay, or maybe he's bored or something.
Re: Machinima Transformers: Titans Return Announces New Cast, Featuring Peter Cullen, Judd Nelson, Wil Wheaton, and More (1897387)
Posted by Mr.MicroMaster on July 18th, 2017 @ 12:44pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:Looking forward to watching this and then wishing I hadn't watched it. I don't care about this casting info dump. Did they spend more money on the animation and writing? Because voice talent wasn't an issue with CW. Also, when do we start the pool for if this will release before or after the Power of the Primes toy line has wrapped?

Am I being overly negative/pessimistic? Let me try again:

It's going to suck.

I have to agree with you on this if the animation and story don't hold water then it doesn't matter how good the actors are.
Re: Machinima Transformers: Titans Return Announces New Cast, Featuring Peter Cullen, Judd Nelson, Wil Wheaton, and More (1897390)
Posted by Black Hat on July 18th, 2017 @ 12:49pm CDT

Jesus, no wonder it was terrible.
Re: Machinima Transformers: Titans Return Announces New Cast, Featuring Peter Cullen, Judd Nelson, Wil Wheaton, and More (1897394)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on July 18th, 2017 @ 12:56pm CDT
So! Worf is playing Fort Max ;)

& i hope we see more than just the arm of Metroplex this time >:oP

is Trypticon gonna appear in this too :-?
Re: Machinima Transformers: Titans Return Announces New Cast, Featuring Peter Cullen, Judd Nelson, Wil Wheaton, and More (1897397)
Posted by RiddlerJ on July 18th, 2017 @ 1:14pm CDT
Stuartmaximus wrote:So! Worf is playing Fort Max ;)

& i hope we see more than just the arm of Metroplex this time >:oP

is Trypticon gonna appear in this too :-?

Bring back Brad Garrett!
Re: Machinima Transformers: Titans Return Announces New Cast, Featuring Peter Cullen, Judd Nelson, Wil Wheaton, and More (1897398)
Posted by Tyrannacon on July 18th, 2017 @ 1:15pm CDT
Hoping they took the feedback from the Combiner Wars series and improved upon what's there for the Titans Return story. I'll be open to seeing if they did when it comes out that's for sure.
Re: Machinima Transformers: Titans Return Announces New Cast, Featuring Peter Cullen, Judd Nelson, Wil Wheaton, and More (1897399)
Posted by bluecatcinema on July 18th, 2017 @ 1:16pm CDT
Peter Cullen and Judd Nelson reprising their classic roles? Awesome! And those other VAs sound good too. Though I'm surprised to see Jason David Frank in the mix.
Re: Machinima Transformers: Titans Return Announces New Cast, Featuring Peter Cullen, Judd Nelson, Wil Wheaton, and More (1897404)
Posted by zfogshooterz on July 18th, 2017 @ 1:44pm CDT
Black Hat wrote:Wait a minute...MatPat was Computron? As in, "le poorly done vidya analysis bloke" MatPat?

Jesus, no wonder it was terrible.

Is that friggin' true?! 'Cause if it is true, then that's probably a valid reason why Computron's voice sounds like a terrible nerd!
Re: Machinima Transformers: Titans Return Announces New Cast, Featuring Peter Cullen, Judd Nelson, Wil Wheaton, and More (1897441)
Posted by Nexus Knight on July 18th, 2017 @ 3:02pm CDT
zfogshooterz wrote:

Jesus, no wonder it was terrible.

Look alive fellas and please don't insult my second YouTube favorite nerd. :lol: :-P
Re: Machinima Transformers: Titans Return Announces New Cast, Featuring Peter Cullen, Judd Nelson, Wil Wheaton, and More (1897449)
Posted by Kyleor on July 18th, 2017 @ 3:14pm CDT
Wil "use my blocklist of people I've never actually interacted with, but claim are toxic" Wheaton being involved is enough reason to pass completely.

Unless someone redubs all his lines after the episodes get released :-D
Re: Machinima Transformers: Titans Return Announces New Cast, Featuring Peter Cullen, Judd Nelson, Wil Wheaton, and More (1897452)
Posted by Burn on July 18th, 2017 @ 3:20pm CDT

Am I being overly negative/pessimistic? Let me try again:

It's going to suck.

It's too early to type how I feel, so I'll just go with this.

What I find disappointing though is the one truly decent thing from the CW series, Mr Bailey himself, who did a fantastic Optimus Prime, has been shafted aside for fan service.
Re: Machinima Transformers: Titans Return Announces New Cast, Featuring Peter Cullen, Judd Nelson, Wil Wheaton, and More (1897457)
Posted by Autobot N on July 18th, 2017 @ 3:34pm CDT
Burn wrote:

Am I being overly negative/pessimistic? Let me try again:

It's going to suck.

It's too early to type how I feel, so I'll just go with this.

I'd have to agree with this. As much as I love Cullen, it's kinda sad that they've gotten rid of one of the very few bright spots of the show.
Re: Machinima Transformers: Titans Return Announces New Cast, Featuring Peter Cullen, Judd Nelson, Wil Wheaton, and More (1897458)
Posted by Burn on July 18th, 2017 @ 3:39pm CDT
Autobot N wrote:
Burn wrote:

Am I being overly negative/pessimistic? Let me try again:

It's going to suck.

It's too early to type how I feel, so I'll just go with this.

I probably should clarify before someone jumps on me. I have NOTHING against Cullen, but Jon did a fantastic job. Just like CW, this doesn't seem like a major project, it's the sort of project Cullen could easily have passed on and let someone who's trying to get his foot in the door to have a go.
Re: Machinima Transformers: Titans Return Announces New Cast, Featuring Peter Cullen, Judd Nelson, Wil Wheaton, and More (1897459)
Posted by GrandGalvatronG1 on July 18th, 2017 @ 3:45pm CDT
Ohh good I was worried they were ending the series after the reception of the last one,
Re: Machinima Transformers: Titans Return Announces New Cast, Featuring Peter Cullen, Judd Nelson, Wil Wheaton, and More (1897460)
Posted by Kurona on July 18th, 2017 @ 3:47pm CDT
Peter Cullen is a little over-used to say the least. He's in all the live-action movies, he's in both Aligned cartoons, now he's in this, I'm pretty sure he's done half a dozen minor roles as well... basically every Optimus voice in the last 10 years bar Animated has either been done by him or eventually been done by him in the case of Machinima. And he's damn good at it, but it would be a little nice if just for once someone else was allowed to be Optimus for more than five seconds.

I actually vastly prefer both Garry Chalk and David Kaye to him. Sue me

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Robots In Disguise Bumblebee 2 In 1 Blaster NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 34 minutes 15 seconds
DHL 100% Legit Hasbro Transformers 2015 Goat Platinum G2 Laser Optimus Prime - Time Remaining: 2 days 21 hours 35 minutes 43 seconds
Transformers Age of Extinction Autobot Drift - Time Remaining: 2 days 22 hours 37 minutes 19 seconds
Transformers Age of Extinction Dinonot Slug - Time Remaining: 2 days 19 hours 37 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers Armada Unicron Supreme with Dead End Mini Minicon Ball Lights Up - Time Remaining: 2 days 21 hours 42 minutes 45 seconds
OPTIMUS PRIME Classic VOYAGER RID Transformers 2006 Robot Truck Semi Hasbro - Time Remaining: 1 day 7 hours 44 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers Titans Return Titan Master Chasm & Decepticon Quake, NEW & SEALED! - Time Remaining: 5 days 2 hours 46 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Prime Beast Hunters DREADWING Deluxe Class Series 2: 011 NOSC - Time Remaining: 2 days 6 hours 46 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #182 - Great Expectations