Wednesday, September 5th, 2018 5:48am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 17,385

Courtesy of fellow Seibertron user, Cyberpath and Loopaza Mega Store's Facebook page, we now have dates and pricing for the Japanese releases of the Transformers: War for Cybertron- Siege toyline.

Transformers News: Release dates and prices for Takara Tomy Transformers: War for Cybertron - Siege

As you can see from this list, the figures are due out in Japan in February.

This first wave consists of battle master class Firedrive and Lionizer, micro masters Roadhandler and Swindler (Autobot Racecar Patrol), Deluxe class Sideswipe and Autobot Cog, Voyager Optimus Prime and Leader class Ultra Magnus. The images below are of the toy reveals from SDCC and are mirrored for your convenience.

It should be noted that due to the brand-unification between Hasbro and Takara Tomy, these releases are expected to be the same as the Hasbro releases.

Also check out our photo gallery from SDCC 2018 which show the Autobots from the first couple of waves from the Siege toyline.

Looking forward to these? Let us know in the comments and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.

Credit(s): Cyberpath from Seibertron, Loopaza Mega Store

This article was last modified on Wednesday, September 5th, 2018 5:57am CDT

Re: Release dates and prices for Takara Tomy Transformers: War for Cybertron - Siege (1982366)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on September 5th, 2018 @ 10:11am CDT
Re: Release dates and prices for Takara Tomy Transformers: War for Cybertron - Siege (1982369)
Posted by o.supreme on September 5th, 2018 @ 10:25am CDT
I'm not one of those "our country should have it first" fans...I believe in equal distribution for all, though unfortunately because of circumstances beyond our control, it isn't really feasible in some areas. However, it does appear that in unifying the "brand" release time frames between :HASBRO: and :TAKARATOMY: are shrinking, and will very soon pretty much be simultaneous, which I really think is a good thing. But as efficient :TAKARATOMY: seemingly is, it looks like they may even get their releases out faster than :HASBRO: at some point. It will be interesting to revisit this a year later and see where we are. I know the two companies may not release things in the same order, but just one case in point..

For PotP -Leader Optimal Optimus was supposedly released at the end of August in Japan, he is just starting to show up in some areas (Canada evidently), but still not in the United States. It seems more that this will be a simultaneous release than anything else.

Often when Takara would release their own product, if Hasbro ever decided to use it, it would come much later, and vice versa. i also believe its because of unification that many are getting "second chances" to find PotP figures that were previously very difficult to find. I guess there are some good things to come of this, again, it will be interesting to reevaluate a year form now, when we are most of the way through Siege, and see how things are going
Re: Release dates and prices for Takara Tomy Transformers: War for Cybertron - Siege (1982374)
Posted by william-james88 on September 5th, 2018 @ 10:50am CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:Typically, does the Japanese price have any effect on the Western prices? Or can we just assume that they will be the same price, in which case we just need to do the currency conversion?

There is a big difference between retail price and MSRP in Japan, where the price most retailers will sell it at (Amazon Japan, for example) will be a fraction derived from the MSRP.

So rule of thumb is that the retail price for Takara figures in Japan is 30% off MSRP, which would be

2450 for deluxe
3850 for voyager

And those prices do mirror close to what they retail for in the US (exchange varies a bit)

$22 for a deluxe

$34,50 for a voyager

So that should help you get an idea of the price points in the US for this line.

You can expect to pay the MSRP japanese price at retailers like BBTS.
Re: Release dates and prices for Takara Tomy Transformers: War for Cybertron - Siege (1982444)
Posted by MECHdirge on September 5th, 2018 @ 3:48pm CDT

Anyway, the prices seem reasonable, especially at the lower end. I plan on buying the entire first wave, although I’ll give Optimus a little thought first. He looks fine, but like many collectors, I have a LOT of Optimus figures. I skipped the PotP Leader version... just didn’t care for it. I usually buy Voyager scale stuff, but I’m not sure this Optimus is different enough to add anything to my collection. Ultra Magnus looks great, and I have the RID version boxed up somewhere. I like tye take on Cog, too.
Re: Release dates and prices for Takara Tomy Transformers: War for Cybertron - Siege (1982446)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on September 5th, 2018 @ 4:22pm CDT
MECHdirge wrote:This is a decent looking line, even if Collector types will have to decide if they need a Cybertron version of the more popular figures. Some of the “Cybertron” modes don’t strike me as very futuristic/space-y, but we’ll see. I think the smaller figures are interesting, and a good idea for kids/parents. I doubt the combiners were especially popular with kids and parents, but I don’t know how feasible it is for a toy company that sells retail to collect a good record of who buys what within their product lines.
I totally need Cybertron versions of everything. I love futuristic designs and yes, the designs could be way more futuristic but so far I dig half of them. They kind of look like a mixture of Earth and Cybertronian alt modes. For example I'm totally into Hound but I don't care for Sideswipe at all.

I'm thinking about getting Optimus for his alt mode because I already have the PotP Leader version and their alt modes look nearly identical. Or maybe I'll get rid of the PotP version but I can't display one SIEGE OP in both versions at the same time so there the Leader comes in handy. And maybe they recolor/-tool the mold so I'll wait to get it as wave 01 figures are not hard to get anyway and in my country the releases are a bit after the American's so I got some time to wait if there'll be more versions of it.
Kind of the same goes for Ironhide: I totally dig his alt mode but to me his robot mode is a bit boring. So I'll wait if they reuse the mold.
Re: Release dates and prices for Takara Tomy Transformers: War for Cybertron - Siege (1982474)
Posted by Skritz on September 5th, 2018 @ 6:15pm CDT

The thing is this line features a second Optimus-esque mold which is similar visually but clearly a separate mold: Ultra Magnus' cab. So then who could be the retool for Optimus? Or is he simply not getting a retool because Hasbro is making shorter lines with less need for 'filler'? :-?
Re: Release dates and prices for Takara Tomy Transformers: War for Cybertron - Siege (1982538)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on September 5th, 2018 @ 9:31pm CDT
Skritz wrote:I gotta admit I'm curious to see if Optimus will get a retool into somebody else, as his truck mode this time around is very clearly some pure G1 Optimus through a slight techno-filter. Unless the entire front cab/torso is retooled, whoever gets made using this mold would just look way too much like a recolored Optimus.

Actually not only is who could OP be retooled into, but who could UM also be retooled into. So far every single Leader class mold since T30 has been re-used at least once. On the voyager side, all the CW Voyager molds were used at least twice, but TR Galvatron and PotPie Grimlock were solo voyagers (I count Hun Gurr as a re-use of Silverbolt, yes, I know all new parts, but some definite savings on the design side.)

OP could be the voyager mold in this line that they don't re-use. But not re-using the UM leader mold for something else would be a major change for Hasbro. But who, I can't image another OP variant.
Re: Release dates and prices for Takara Tomy Transformers: War for Cybertron - Siege (1982540)
Posted by Skritz on September 5th, 2018 @ 9:33pm CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

People mentionned Thunderclash but we say that for every Voyager or Leader-class truck mold revealed. :lol:
Re: Release dates and prices for Takara Tomy Transformers: War for Cybertron - Siege (1982541)
Posted by william-james88 on September 5th, 2018 @ 9:40pm CDT

Wont Optimus just get a black redeco, as he always is?
Re: Release dates and prices for Takara Tomy Transformers: War for Cybertron - Siege (1982543)
Posted by Skritz on September 5th, 2018 @ 9:47pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Wont Optimus just get a black redeco, as he always is?

He technically only got one from Hasbro (Nemesis Prime) during the whole of Prime Wars unless you count his mold-mate Motormaster, who is kinda black/grey/purple. Grand Scourge was Takara only: his redeco in CW was the white Nova Prime-esque 'Battle Core' Optimus Prime. In TR he got the Powermaster Prime figure with no black recolor. Meanwhile the TR Voyager was a pretool of Octane with only a Black Convoy/Scourge repaint in the Takara line.

So really in the last three lines he only got one black redeco from Hasbro.
Re: Release dates and prices for Takara Tomy Transformers: War for Cybertron - Siege (1982545)
Posted by william-james88 on September 5th, 2018 @ 9:50pm CDT
Skritz wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Wont Optimus just get a black redeco, as he always is?

So really in the last three lines he only got one black redeco from Hasbro.

I never mentioned Hasbro, on purpose. Brand unification baby!

Plus how dare you forget Shredicus Maximus!!!!!!!

Re: Release dates and prices for Takara Tomy Transformers: War for Cybertron - Siege (1982550)
Posted by Skritz on September 5th, 2018 @ 9:56pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Skritz wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Wont Optimus just get a black redeco, as he always is?

So really in the last three lines he only got one black redeco from Hasbro.

I never mentioned Hasbro, on purpose. Brand unification baby!

Plus how dare you forget Shredicus Maximus!!!!!!!

Oh crap I forgot that....thing. :lol:
Re: Release dates and prices for Takara Tomy Transformers: War for Cybertron - Siege (1982556)
Posted by Emerje on September 5th, 2018 @ 10:18pm CDT

Hasbro will still try to get as much use as possible out of molds because it helps pay for the work put into making them. Even a shared transformation like Hun-Gurrr would be cheaper to produce even without sharing parts simply because of the reduced development costs. What we'll probably see more often thanks to the shorter line runs is mold reuses being spread out across more series rather than retained within them.

Ultra Magnus is a very obvious potential pre-tool of RID Ultra Magnus, there's no mystery there. Optimus could become Thunderclash, that's usually the popular guess, but with that large part on the top of his truck mode that just hangs off his back they could turn the torso around and make the back the front with a smaller part coming off the top like the g1 figure.

Emerje
Re: Release dates and prices for Takara Tomy Transformers: War for Cybertron - Siege (1982567)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on September 6th, 2018 @ 12:53am CDT
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

...I really don't think they're going to repaint Ultra Magnus into another Ultra Magnus. They already pointed out his alt mode as a shout-out to the RiD fans and a fusion of the two character designs, it would seem kinda redundant to then repaint it minutely and release it as a second Magnus. Plus, a big part of this line seems to be the narrative associated with it, both from what Hasbro has said/shown with the poll and from all these secret messages on the posters, and having two different Ultra Magnuses (Ultra Magni? Ultra Magnus's?) with the same alt mode running around at the same time in one continuity would kinda detract from the narrative Hasbro seems to be wanting to establish.

I think there are three separate discussion topics posed here:
1. Who do we think the planned repaints/retools are for the Siege figures we know of so far,
2. How many of those do we think we'll actually get in Siege, and
3. Are retools/repaints considered "line filler" in Hasbro/Takara's eyes?

Personally, I think the answer to that number 3 is both no and yes. We clearly still get retools/repaints in the shorter lines (Novastar, Cutthroat, Elita-1, Rodimus Unicronus, etc), but we haven't seen the level of mold reuse that we did in CW since that line ended. Now whether that was because that was just a CW thing, because of the length of the line, or because they learned and made a conscious decision not to do that again is debatable, but I think they know that repaints/retools get stale in excess. That being said, we're still going to get SOME retools/repaints, as we already have teases from posters towards a tentative total of three Seekers and at Red Alert, all of whom are virtually guaranteed to be repaints.
Re: Release dates and prices for Takara Tomy Transformers: War for Cybertron - Siege (1982568)
Posted by fenrir72 on September 6th, 2018 @ 1:09am CDT
So is UM now Optimus' brother this time? Ala DW's take on the continuity?

Re: Release dates and prices for Takara Tomy Transformers: War for Cybertron - Siege (1982579)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 6th, 2018 @ 3:19am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:So is UM now Optimus' brother this time? Ala DW's take on the continuity?

Officially, I doubt its going to be linked to the g1 toon continuity, however if that's what you want to do with your collection then more power to you ;)^
Re: Release dates and prices for Takara Tomy Transformers: War for Cybertron - Siege (1982596)
Posted by ThunderThruster on September 6th, 2018 @ 6:41am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:If this is during the main civil war in Cybertron (pre Ark launch) so this UM could be the UM in the 1986 Movie sans "earth mode" trans scanning who will in turn be killed by 6shot (JP line) and be resurrected as the Legends UM with A-3?

Now that's some enabling going on. My collection of Magnii now feels incomplete.
Re: Release dates and prices for Takara Tomy Transformers: War for Cybertron - Siege (1982611)
Posted by Overcracker on September 6th, 2018 @ 9:37am CDT

Just kidding, that probably won't happen. :-D

Though I'm willing to put good money on Sideswipe getting a Red Alert retool.
Re: Release dates and prices for Takara Tomy Transformers: War for Cybertron - Siege (1982621)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 6th, 2018 @ 10:00am CDT
Overcracker wrote:Would it blow everyone's mind if Prime is repainted into armorless Magnus, and Magnus got repainted into Powered Convoy? :michaelbay: :HEADHURTS: :BOOM:

Just kidding, that probably won't happen. :-D

Though I'm willing to put good money on Sideswipe getting a Red Alert retool.

While I'm not sure if he's a retool(or redeco) of Sideswipe, a red alert has been spotted on one of the first posters we've seen for the toyline ;)
Re: Release dates and prices for Takara Tomy Transformers: War for Cybertron - Siege (1982633)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on September 6th, 2018 @ 11:09am CDT
What might blow my mind is if Optimus could use the Magnus armor as his own trailer. :michaelbay:

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Sideswipe & Bumblebee MIX LOT 3’" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Stuntwing Mini Con" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Robots in Disguise GRIMLOCK Hasbro Warrior Class Combiner Force NIP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Stormshot Jet Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Jet" on EBAY
Buy "STRONGARM Transformers - Robots in Disguise" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Soundwave lot complete WFC Cassette Corp Ratbat Rumble Ravage" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise - CLIFFJUMPER  - NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Soundblaster complete WFC 35TH Anniversary Generations" on EBAY