Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #49 iTunes Preview

Tuesday, January 12th, 2016 5:15am CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 28,453

The second piece of IDW Transformers comics news today - also from Mariel Romero and iTunes - brings us even closer to issue 50 in The Transformers, with the conclusion to the Conquerors arc. Check out the first three pages of issue 49, coming later this month!

CONQUERORS: CONCLUSION! The most dramatic action ever taken by an AUTOBOT sets the stage for next month's mammoth issue 50. Earth and CYBERTRON. OPTIMUS PRIME and GALVATRON. SOUNDWAVE and COSMOS. It all comes together at four billion miles an hour.

Transformers News: IDW The Transformers #49 Discussion Thread

Transformers News: IDW The Transformers #49 Discussion Thread

Transformers News: IDW The Transformers #49 Discussion Thread

Credit(s): IDW, iTunes

Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #49 iTunes Preview (1754618)
Posted by ScottyP on January 12th, 2016 @ 8:11am CST
There are too many smiles going on in firefights. Other than that, I enjoy the art here.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #49 iTunes Preview (1754630)
Posted by Shuttershock on January 12th, 2016 @ 9:05am CST
Hooray! Tracks isn't dead! :KREMZEEK:
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #49 iTunes Preview (1754644)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 12th, 2016 @ 9:59am CST
Well, this certainly is going to be a good issue. Love all the art too! amazing! :BOT:
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #49 iTunes Preview (1754660)
Posted by Microraptor on January 12th, 2016 @ 11:02am CST
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #49 iTunes Preview (1754667)
Posted by Va'al on January 12th, 2016 @ 11:39am CST
Microraptor wrote:IDW, on behalf of all fans everywhere, i respectfully ask you to stop reminding us of All Hail Megatron. :saint:

Honestly, I still really don't mind that macro-arc. [-(
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #49 iTunes Preview (1754674)
Posted by Shuttershock on January 12th, 2016 @ 12:07pm CST
Va'al wrote:

Honestly, I still really don't mind that macro-arc. [-(

I don't either since I read it WAAAY after the fact, but I can understand why it's so reviled. It soft-rebooted everyone to more basic personalities, put emphasis on new, not well liked characters, and undid a lot of groundwork that the Ations series had laid.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #49 iTunes Preview (1754684)
Posted by Va'al on January 12th, 2016 @ 12:41pm CST
Shuttershock wrote:
Va'al wrote:

Honestly, I still really don't mind that macro-arc. [-(

Yeah, all of that stands true, I agree. But at the same time, a lot of the -ations had, in my opinion, already run their course by that stage. Sure, it would've been nice to not have the storylines shoved into Revelation and Maximum Dinobots, but I feel like the aftermath of AHM is the real bad part of how that really took place.

I'll take AHM over the Costa run any day. :P

Back on topic though, I am REALLY looking forward to where this storyline is headed, and how they're going to make Optimus' intervention make sense in the grand scheme of things, other than what we've seen in the conversation with Aileron and Victorion.

Also, I wonder where Prowl might fit into any of this, post Sins of the Wreckers. OR maybe... hmmm... :-?
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #49 iTunes Preview (1754694)
Posted by Shuttershock on January 12th, 2016 @ 1:04pm CST
Va'al wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
Va'al wrote:

Honestly, I still really don't mind that macro-arc. [-(

I'll take AHM over the Costa run any day. :P

After Prime takes control, Prowl steps out of the shadows, gives him a big hug and whispers "I'm so proud of you." :-P
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #49 iTunes Preview (1754695)
Posted by Va'al on January 12th, 2016 @ 1:05pm CST
All he ever wanted. :x

Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #49 iTunes Preview (1754722)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 12th, 2016 @ 1:44pm CST
All hail was alright, but still not my favorite. Chaos Theory is my favorite arc pre-MTMTE/RiD, with the Infiltration arc close behind :BOT:
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #49 iTunes Preview (1754772)
Posted by Microraptor on January 12th, 2016 @ 3:15pm CST
Va'al wrote:All he ever wanted. :x

I want a toy of that Optimus SO BAD.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #49 iTunes Preview (1754773)
Posted by Randomhero on January 12th, 2016 @ 3:15pm CST

On behalf of all fans, don't speak for us. Your opinion is not everyone else's
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #49 iTunes Preview (1754787)
Posted by Va'al on January 12th, 2016 @ 3:35pm CST
Randomhero wrote:

On behalf of all fans, don't speak for us. Your opinion is not everyone else's

No need no need. :x
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #49 iTunes Preview (1754899)
Posted by Deadput on January 12th, 2016 @ 10:45pm CST
Randomhero wrote:

On behalf of all fans, don't speak for us. Your opinion is not everyone else's

No need to act like a hero Randomhero

wait...
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #49 iTunes Preview (1754984)
Posted by Bleak5170 on January 13th, 2016 @ 7:35am CST
Shuttershock wrote:Hooray! Tracks isn't dead! :KREMZEEK:

I was sooooo relieved to see that. Tracks is my 2nd favourite TF and I was devastated to see him gunned down last issue.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #49 iTunes Preview (1755070)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 13th, 2016 @ 12:12pm CST
Bleak5170 wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:Hooray! Tracks isn't dead! :KREMZEEK:

Probably still has to knock some sense into his brother! :BOT:
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #49 iTunes Preview (1755372)
Posted by MrBlack on January 14th, 2016 @ 6:40am CST
Microraptor wrote:
Va'al wrote:All he ever wanted. :x

I want a toy of that Optimus SO BAD.

It's like a weird mash-up between Evasion Mode Optimus (the legs in particular) and Legends Class Optmius.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #49 iTunes Preview (1755903)
Posted by Va'al on January 15th, 2016 @ 2:28pm CST
The end of the Conquerors arc of The Transformers arrives from IDW next week, leading directly into All Hail Optimus - what is in store for the various factions, willingly and unwillingly caught in the middle of high-end politics? Check out the preview below, via Newsarama (ish), and head back here for a review on Wednesday!

Transformers #49
John Barber (w) • Andrew Griffith (a & c)
CONQUERORS: CONCLUSION! The most dramatic action ever taken by an AUTOBOT sets the stage for next month’s mammoth issue 50. Earth and CYBERTRON. OPTIMUS PRIME and GALVATRON. SOUNDWAVE and COSMOS. It all comes together at four billion miles an hour.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
The end of the world as we know it!
Leads directly into next month’s epoch-changing issue 50.
They always say “this changes everything.” Hey, we’ve done it, too. But hold tight, TF fans—because the last page of this issue changes everything.
Variant Cover by Alex Milne!

Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #49 iTunes Preview (1755916)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 15th, 2016 @ 2:49pm CST
This issue has the potential to get really nasty, but still cool :BOT:
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #49 iTunes Preview (1755918)
Posted by Deadput on January 15th, 2016 @ 3:11pm CST
There goes the helicopter chick from Redemption.

If she is dead but knowing Arcee most likely is a goner.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON WFC-S32 BLACKJACK & HYPERDRIVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Powertrain & Highjump Siege War for Cybertron Micromaster" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG37 Ravage & Bullhorn Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Battle Core Optimus Prime Action Figure Incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC: Earthrise Micromasters Battle Squad DIRECT-HIT / POWER PUNCH" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations - Starscream, Optimus Prime, Rodimus Prime - NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Masterpiece Convoy Mode Eva MP-10 Optimus Prime Brand" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Roadburn (aka Chase) Sealed!" on EBAY