Transformers News: Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Bumblebee and Stuntwing found at US retail

Friday, December 23rd, 2016 5:50pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 30,540

Seibertronians, the Transformers: Robots In Disguise Combiner Force subline seems to be in full swing! After it was announced at NYCC this year, the toys have slowly but surely made thier way to store shelves. Today we have another example of that, as our own supreme overlord Seibertron has spotted the Combiner Force Bumblebee and Stuntwing Two Pack in Illinois! Check out the photos below, and notice the Strongarm two pack solicited on the back of the box!
Transformers News: Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Bumblebee and Stuntwing found at US retail (1848634)
Posted by RAR on December 23rd, 2016 @ 6:47pm CST
The Combiner Force One-Step changers Drift, Optimus & Bumblebee are also now out in UK Store The Entertainer (and on their website too).
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Bumblebee and Stuntwing found at US retail (1848766)
Posted by Va'al on December 25th, 2016 @ 11:39am CST
Via UK retailer The Entertainer, we have some official images of upcoming One-Step Changers from the Transformers: Robots in Disguise line of toys - Combiner Force subline - featuring Bumblebee, Optimus Prime, and Drift. Check them out below!

Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Bumblebee and Stuntwing found at US retail (1848796)
Posted by Deviancy on December 25th, 2016 @ 2:55pm CST
I picked up the one step changer Bumblebee and Paralon. Bumblebee is pretty cool, very easy to transform, obviously, but stands on display with ease. Paralon, while he looks cool, the joints on the legs make him a bit of a pain to put on display since the legs tend to give out.

All in all, I have a little bit of buyers remorse when it comes to Paralon and I'm not fond of the Autobot and Decepticon sticker emblems they use now. It would have been nice if they had painted on the emblems instead.

And yes, its been a long time since I collected Transformer figures, the last one I got up until this month was back in the late 80's.
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Bumblebee and Stuntwing found at US retail (1848921)
Posted by ScottyP on December 26th, 2016 @ 6:45pm CST

Can anyone else confirm that, or are my eyes going bonkers on me?
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Bumblebee and Stuntwing found at US retail (1848945)
Posted by Zeedust on December 26th, 2016 @ 10:03pm CST
Is it just me, or does the new 1-step Bumblebee look like you could basically take the car off the robot and have two separate toys?
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Bumblebee and Stuntwing found at US retail (1848959)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 26th, 2016 @ 11:19pm CST
ScottyP wrote:So Combiner Force vs Clash of the Transformers Warrior Starscream - need some help because I don't trust my eyes completely on this. It seems the CotTF version uses the same paint on the guns, chest vents, and outside/"helmet" part of the head, which has a hint of bronze in it. The CF version uses the same barely bronze paint on the guns, but goes for a metallic black on the chest vents and head.

Can anyone else confirm that, or are my eyes going bonkers on me?
Honestly, I feel like I really can't tell what is or isn't different between the two versions just by looking at them separately. If someone could get their hands on both in person and post comparison photos of the two side-by-side, that'd be marvelous.
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Bumblebee and Stuntwing found at US retail (1848979)
Posted by Va'al on December 27th, 2016 @ 5:58am CST
Via the official Transformers Facebook page, we have another clip (first one was here) of the upcoming warrior class Robots in Disguise Soundwave - and it looks like it's an activator, thank to the accompanying Mini-Con! Designer Sean Carmen Isabella explains more in the clip, and we get to see the transformation and gimmick too - check it out below.

Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Bumblebee and Stuntwing found at US retail (1848983)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on December 27th, 2016 @ 7:46am CST
He looks a bit TFA
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Bumblebee and Stuntwing found at US retail (1848985)
Posted by bluecatcinema on December 27th, 2016 @ 7:58am CST
Stuartmaximus wrote:He looks a bit TFA

The vehicle mode is inspired by his WFC incarnation.
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Bumblebee and Stuntwing found at US retail (1848989)
Posted by Cobotron on December 27th, 2016 @ 8:36am CST

Edit: :lol: minivan? Thanks auto correct!
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Bumblebee and Stuntwing found at US retail (1848991)
Posted by Ravage XK on December 27th, 2016 @ 8:59am CST
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Bumblebee and Stuntwing found at US retail (1848992)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 27th, 2016 @ 9:08am CST
Cobotron wrote:I'm not sure that's the Warrior toy. I think that may be whatever class the others like Bee and Strongarm are in with the minivans that activate a play feature. Can't remember what they're called. 8-}

Edit: :lol: minivan? Thanks auto correct!
Yeah, that isn't the Warrior toy, that's the Activator toy.
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Bumblebee and Stuntwing found at US retail (1849008)
Posted by Munkky on December 27th, 2016 @ 11:11am CST
Hasbro seems really eager to push Soundwave in particular, I'm guessing it's to appease all of the G1 fans on Facebook who react with pure venomous hatred toward anything that's not G1 or Combiner Wars. I'm wondering if they'll make videos about other new RID figures, like Blurr or Twinferno?
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Bumblebee and Stuntwing found at US retail (1849009)
Posted by MGrotusque on December 27th, 2016 @ 11:11am CST
What's with the epic music in the background with the power string section and tinkling piano? Was that meant to make me well up with tears or something? Like I'd be saying to mysel" WOW, these guys are really doing it man!! Staying true to the Soundwave of ages passed keeping with the subtle design nuances of this iconic character from my distant childhood......I think I'm going to cry tears of joy!! Maybe the world isn't such a terrible place..."
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Bumblebee and Stuntwing found at US retail (1849014)
Posted by ScottyP on December 27th, 2016 @ 11:35am CST
Sabrblade wrote:

Can anyone else confirm that, or are my eyes going bonkers on me?
Yeah that's what I need to do with mine. Hoping that some brighter lighting and a camera lens will help me out, just gotta find the time for it.
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Bumblebee and Stuntwing found at US retail (1849027)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 27th, 2016 @ 12:29pm CST
Is it one of the deliberately simple figures like one step changer or something? Cos it sure doesn't seem very interesting.
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Bumblebee and Stuntwing found at US retail (1849052)
Posted by Targetmaster Kup on December 27th, 2016 @ 2:05pm CST
Did anyone else get this error with the video?

Video Unavailable
Sorry, this video could not be played.
Learn More
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Bumblebee and Stuntwing found at US retail (1849062)
Posted by LE0KING on December 27th, 2016 @ 3:10pm CST
Sigh, I really like this design. But I have way to many soundwaves already... Maybe they will repaint it into soundblaster or something. I don't have a soundblaster.
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Bumblebee and Stuntwing found at US retail (1849098)
Posted by Z3ROhour on December 27th, 2016 @ 7:29pm CST

POO
I SAY!
POO!

still gonna though

8-}
>:oP
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Bumblebee and Stuntwing found at US retail (1849103)
Posted by Emerje on December 27th, 2016 @ 8:28pm CST
Ravage XK wrote:Basically, they did what they did for practically every other version of Soundwave and shoehorned G1 elements into his latest design.

Not quite. This figure is a mix of his design from War for Cybertron/Fall of Cybertron with his Prime design since they're the same guy. The G1 elements come from the Cybertron design having them, not a direct attempt to make this design more G1.

Emerje

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #238 - The Podcast That Leapt Through Time
"The Podcast That Leapt Through Time"
Posted: Sunday, January 12th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Generations Power Of The Primes Rodimus Unicronus - Shattered Glass" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Beam Box Heatwave The Fire-Bot Game" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 vintage Wreck-Gar" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes - DECEPTICON CINDERSAUR velociraptor SEALED NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 22 Deluxe Class Bumblebee Dropkick figure mint  hot" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT INFERNOCUS & QUINTESSA TOYS R US EXCLUSIVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Thrilling 30 Shrapnel Skrapnel Reflector" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage Transformers Original G1 1987 Terrorcon Sinnertwin for Abominus" on EBAY