Tranformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 5.0 Registration Now Open

Tranformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 5.0 Registration Now Open

Friday, April 29th, 2016 4:42pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 32,738

And with the arrival of the first Transformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 4.0 figure, we receive news from the Club itself about the final service - now open for Club members to subscribe! Soon to be open for non-current members too, 5.0 will include the figures revealed during BotCon, as seen here. Check out more info below!

The Transformers Figure Subscription Service (TFSS) 5.0 order period is now open. As of now, the TFSS is only open to active Transformers Collectors’ Club members. In the next few weeks we will be offering an option for ANY past member of the Club to order the TFSS 5.0 as well. Stay tuned to TransformersClub.com for information on when that is available.

In the meantime, if you are an active member you can order your TFSS 5.0 now. Please note, there is no limit on the number of subscriptions you can purchase as the TFSS is built to order.

The order period will run until midnight May 26, 2016. In addition, please ignore the Join link on the log in page. It has been disabled.

You can either pay in full or by installment. Also, everyone that completes the full TFSS will also receive a BONUS 7th deluxe figure! This bonus 7th deluxe figure features a head sculpt not yet released at U.S. retail.

Thank you for your support and we hope you are as excited as we are about the TFSS 5.0!

- Brian

Credit(s): TFCC

Re: Tranformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 5.0 Registration Now Open (1785394)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 29th, 2016 @ 4:52pm CDT

U.S. retail, eh? So this means any unrevealed and Japan-only pretools are fair game. So these figures are strong contenders:

- Ghost Starscream
- Curse Armada Thrust
- Rook's alternate head
- Brawl's alternate head
- Trailbreaker's alternate head aka Hoist (if we're to believe FunPub's fiction)
Re: Tranformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 5.0 Registration Now Open (1785397)
Posted by megatronus on April 29th, 2016 @ 4:57pm CDT

That's pretty cool!
Re: Tranformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 5.0 Registration Now Open (1785398)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 29th, 2016 @ 5:00pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

- Ghost Starscream
- Curse Armada Thrust
- Rook's alternate head
- Brawl's alternate head
Unless it isn't a CW Deluxe mold. As the 4.0 mystery figure is said to be a CW Deluxe, the 5.0 figure needn't have be one as well. ;)
Re: Tranformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 5.0 Registration Now Open (1785401)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 29th, 2016 @ 5:14pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

- Ghost Starscream
- Curse Armada Thrust
- Rook's alternate head
- Brawl's alternate head

Since Wreckage only needs one more limb from either year... it's gonna be a long wait.
Re: Tranformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 5.0 Registration Now Open (1785405)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on April 29th, 2016 @ 5:17pm CDT
strange that i never get these emails even though im an active member. need to wait to make sure i can afford to subscribe. bad idea for them to try and charge for both subs in the same month
Re: Tranformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 5.0 Registration Now Open (1785410)
Posted by steals_your_goats on April 29th, 2016 @ 5:19pm CDT
Sorry if this is stupid but where do you order? I don't see a link or anything.
Re: Tranformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 5.0 Registration Now Open (1785411)
Posted by G.B. Blackrock on April 29th, 2016 @ 5:20pm CDT
steals_your_goats wrote:Sorry if this is stupid but where do you order? I don't see a link or anything.

It's not on the web page yet. Just in the e-mails.

EDIT: I had the link here, trying to be helpful, but a post elsewhere suggests that, if you use that, you might find yourself trying to buy a shipment to be mailed to MY address. So I took it down to be safe. Sorry.
Re: Tranformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 5.0 Registration Now Open (1785419)
Posted by steals_your_goats on April 29th, 2016 @ 5:25pm CDT
G.B. Blackrock wrote:

It's not on the web page yet. Just in the e-mails.

No problem, I'll just keep my eyes open for the email. Thanks!
Re: Tranformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 5.0 Registration Now Open (1785506)
Posted by kurthy on April 29th, 2016 @ 9:43pm CDT
Re: Tranformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 5.0 Registration Now Open (1785513)
Posted by megatronus on April 29th, 2016 @ 10:12pm CDT
kurthy wrote:I'm a little disappointed they're going to start 5.0 billing before 4.0 gets the 2nd in. May is a huge month for large releases with UW Bruticus, Victorion, tfss 4.0, armada skywarp, TR probably seeing initial distribution, cyclonus set, and all immediately following Botcon. Great time to be a well bankrolled collector.

I wish there was an option to receive all 7 figures at the end of the service period. I don't need to be the first person to get the figures, but I woul like to save $30-$40 on shipping, which is over 10% of the entire subscription cost.
Re: Tranformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 5.0 Registration Now Open (1785514)
Posted by G.B. Blackrock on April 29th, 2016 @ 10:12pm CDT

It's less than ideal, but it's all a race to get finished by December 31st at this point.
Re: Tranformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 5.0 Registration Now Open (1785519)
Posted by kurthy on April 29th, 2016 @ 10:31pm CDT
G.B. Blackrock wrote:

I completely understand that aspect.

It's just I've agreed with my wife on a budget for my spending on collecting so that I don't go overboard and I don't like having to ask if I can go over my budget. :oops:
Re: Tranformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 5.0 Registration Now Open (1785536)
Posted by Afterlife07 on April 29th, 2016 @ 11:39pm CDT
Is anyone else getting this error from the link?:

Transformers Collectors' Club Figure Subscription Service V.5
The subscription service period has now expired.

I'm unable to order, so I've emailed TCC about it.
Re: Tranformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 5.0 Registration Now Open (1785538)
Posted by kurthy on April 29th, 2016 @ 11:46pm CDT
Afterlife07 wrote:Is anyone else getting this error from the link?:

Transformers Collectors' Club Figure Subscription Service V.5
The subscription service period has now expired.

I'm unable to order, so I've emailed TCC about it.

I'm getting the same error. Did they sell out their expectations in a day?
Re: Tranformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 5.0 Registration Now Open (1785540)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 29th, 2016 @ 11:51pm CDT
kurthy wrote:
Afterlife07 wrote:Is anyone else getting this error from the link?:

Transformers Collectors' Club Figure Subscription Service V.5
The subscription service period has now expired.

I'm unable to order, so I've emailed TCC about it.

I'm getting the same error. Did they sell out their expectations in a day?
I'm betting it's just another technical problem, as the order period is supposed to last four weeks.
Re: Tranformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 5.0 Registration Now Open (1785548)
Posted by youngku on April 30th, 2016 @ 12:29am CDT
So, if you are like me, you were probably thrilled to see you received the email from Brian Savage at the much beloved Transformers Collector Club which stated the TFSS 5.0 order period was now open for active TCC members. Well, MAYBE it's just me, but when I go to try to log in to order, what do I get, but a nice screen telling me that the subscription period has now expired. Really?! I don't know the whole reason why Brian Savage and gang are not doing BOTCONs and any more TCC after this next go around, but this is probably a big reason. They cannot get simple things right like their web-based ordering service. Every year they had to change it and put out more and more excuses about why BOTCON registration was later and later. I know I am complaining, and it's unfortunate, too, because I really love the exclusive figures. I haven't figured out why they ever sold retail figures online when their selection was so crummy--you could just go to your local Target, Toys R Us, or Walmart and get a 1000% better selection on retail figures. But they were it for the BOTCON and TCC exclusives. Really a shame. I did the "I'll just shut up and please take my money!" bit for years, but now I can't even do that anymore. Brian, you made this so much harder than it had to be!

Let me hear your gripes and complaints!

P.S. I'm still waiting for my Universe 2.0 Voyager Class Tread Bolt figure I ordered from the TCC back in 2008 that I never received, but that Brian Savage himself PROMISED ME I would get.

Uh huh...sure.
Re: Tranformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 5.0 Registration Now Open (1785634)
Posted by youngku on April 30th, 2016 @ 1:26pm CDT
Okay, TFSS 5.0 is actually up, and I successfully registered.
Re: Tranformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 5.0 Registration Now Open (1785642)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 30th, 2016 @ 1:51pm CDT
I remember hearing quite often back in the day that people were having to flip their convention sets, to cover the cost of the trip and buy what they really wanted. That never really made sense to me but, there ya go.
Re: Tranformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 5.0 Registration Now Open (1785999)
Posted by Bounti76 on May 1st, 2016 @ 6:25pm CDT
I posted on their Facebook page about the "expiration", and to their credit, they replied saying they'd temporarily taken the link down to remove the "Sign Up Here" link, because they're no longer accepting memberships. I was able to successfully register.
Re: Tranformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 5.0 Registration Now Open (1787005)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on May 5th, 2016 @ 11:41am CDT
Okay, I can't even log into the club period. I'm at the member's login screen. My email and password are in and I click 'go'. And nothing happens. What the hell is going on?

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-47 Kickback & Double Dealer" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-38 Laserbeak & Apeface" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Botcon 2013 Classics SEEKER HOTLINK  Tech Card  & instuctions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Challenge at Cybertron Rodimus and Titans Return Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager ASTROTRAIN Loose Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Chromedome COMPLETE, Great Condition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Legends Class Galvatron Action Figure 2005 - MOC" on EBAY