This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

20th Anniversary Beast Wars Easter Event in Tokyo, May 7th

Transformers News: 20th Anniversary Beast Wars Easter Event in Tokyo, May 7th

Tuesday, March 8th, 2016 10:35AM CST

Categories: Event News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 23,845

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Via Seibertron.com Twincast Podcaster xRotorstormx, we have an update from the Q-Transformers website concerning a special showing of the Beast Wars animated series in Maihama amphiteatre, Tokyo. Included in the 'Beast Wars Easter' event, tickets for which go on sale today, are Miwa Iwanami (director), Kappei Yamaguchi (rattle voice actor), and Kenshu Kato (Waspinator voice actor) from the Japanese dub of the show plus entry to a Transformers FES session later in the day. Check out more info below, or here in Japanese!

[Event Summary]
◆ schedule May 7, 2016 (Saturday) Doors open 18:00 raising of the curtain 19:00 curtain 21:00 (scheduled)
◆ venue Maihama Amphitheatre
◆ Speakers Miwa Iwanami (director), Kappei Yamaguchi (rattle voice actor), Kenshu Kato (Waspinator voice actor)
◆ ticket
March 8, 2016 (Tuesday) 22:00 sale starts at ~ e +
Fee: 4,800 yen (up to one person four in the tax / all seats designated / a single operation)
Handling: e +
Credit(s): qTransformers

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: 20th Anniversary Beast Wars Easter Event in Tokyo, May 7th (1772068)
Posted by Glarryg on March 8th, 2016 @ 10:54am CST
Just to head off any possible objections, Easter lasts until May 15th, so, yes, that part of the announcement is accurate.

Glarryg
Re: 20th Anniversary Beast Wars Easter Event in Tokyo, May 7th (1772073)
Posted by Microraptor on March 8th, 2016 @ 11:11am CST
Complaints about hasbro not doing something like this in 3..2..1....
Re: 20th Anniversary Beast Wars Easter Event in Tokyo, May 7th (1772140)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 8th, 2016 @ 7:24pm CST
So, Google translates "Waspeeter" as "Waspinator" but leaves "Rattle" alone.
Re: 20th Anniversary Beast Wars Easter Event in Tokyo, May 7th (1772886)
Posted by yzh on March 11th, 2016 @ 8:08pm CST
So far, Why there is no information about TransMetals ?
Re: 20th Anniversary Beast Wars Easter Event in Tokyo, May 7th (1772997)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 15th, 2016 @ 10:53am CDT
Didn't transmetals debut the year after? As in 1997 which would be 20 years next year.
Re: 20th Anniversary Beast Wars Easter Event in Tokyo, May 7th (1772999)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 15th, 2016 @ 11:53am CDT
Transmetals came out in 1998, a whole two years after Beast Wars started.

Plus, most of the original Transmetal molds were already so good that almost none of them need updating.
Re: 20th Anniversary Beast Wars Easter Event in Tokyo, May 7th (1773032)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 15th, 2016 @ 3:04pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Transmetals came out in 1998, a whole two years after Beast Wars started.

Plus, most of the original Transmetal molds were already so good that almost none of them need updating.

Wow they came out later then I thought.
Re: 20th Anniversary Beast Wars Easter Event in Tokyo, May 7th (1773091)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 15th, 2016 @ 7:52pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Transmetals came out in 1998, a whole two years after Beast Wars started.

Plus, most of the original Transmetal molds were already so good that almost none of them need updating.


The only problem with the line is the ocasional GPS but mostly, flaky chrome paints. A problem that carried on to Beast Machines.
Re: 20th Anniversary Beast Wars Easter Event in Tokyo, May 7th (1787743)
Posted by Va'al on May 8th, 2016 @ 11:18am CDT
As a sort of coda to the posts from TransFes 2016 we have already shared, we have some additional images from the event, courtesy of a number of Twitter users via TFYuki's account. We get some more toys and displays, of course, but also merchandise, posters, box art collections, old toys, and people involved in the franchise too, incljding the Beast Wars Easter celebration/show. Check them out mirrored below!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: 20th Anniversary Beast Wars Easter Event in Tokyo, May 7th (1787764)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 8th, 2016 @ 12:26pm CDT
A whole event at the show dedicated to Beast Wars's anniversary. Thank you, Japan!

Love the Supreme Commanders display as well.
Re: 20th Anniversary Beast Wars Easter Event in Tokyo, May 7th (1787777)
Posted by Deathsanras on May 8th, 2016 @ 12:54pm CDT
Lookin' for a little of the Beast Wars love, Hasbro...
Re: 20th Anniversary Beast Wars Easter Event in Tokyo, May 7th (1787779)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 8th, 2016 @ 1:03pm CDT
Deathsanras wrote:Lookin' for a little of the Beast Wars love, Hasbro...
Hasbro: "Uh, well, um... Say, how bout those awesome Titans Return and TFTM Platinums we got coming, huh huh? ;) "

BW fans: " >:oP "

Hasbro: "Uh... Oh! We got that Platinum Edition Optimus Primal for the Year of the Monkey! It's from a Robots in Disguise toy based on a Beast Machines design and sports Optimus Prime-like colors! It even has wannabe Peter Cullenish sound clips! :-D "

BW fans: " >:oP >:oP "

Hasbro: "Well... Takara's made a nice Masterpiece of Primal. Ya'll should go check that out from them! ;)^ "

BW fans: " >:oP >:oP >:oP "

Hasbro: " :saint: "

BW fans: "...You know what? Yeah! We WILL go check out Takara's offerings! Forget you, Hasbro! =; "

Hasbro: " :PEACE: "
Re: 20th Anniversary Beast Wars Easter Event in Tokyo, May 7th (1787798)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 8th, 2016 @ 2:05pm CDT
Now we've got a rough idea of prices for the LG-EX figures! Next question is when and where? Were these available at this show, or are they just advertising their future release elsewhere?
Re: 20th Anniversary Beast Wars Easter Event in Tokyo, May 7th (1787800)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 8th, 2016 @ 2:20pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:Now we've got a rough idea of prices for the LG-EX figures! Next question is when and where? Were these available at this show, or are they just advertising their future release elsewhere?
These are convention exclusives, yes.
Re: 20th Anniversary Beast Wars Easter Event in Tokyo, May 7th (1787883)
Posted by Zeedust on May 8th, 2016 @ 8:45pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Deathsanras wrote:Lookin' for a little of the Beast Wars love, Hasbro...
Hasbro: "Uh, well, um... Say, how bout those awesome Titans Return and TFTM Platinums we got coming, huh huh? ;) "

BW fans: " >:oP "

Hasbro: "Uh... Oh! We got that Platinum Edition Optimus Primal for the Year of the Monkey! It's from a Robots in Disguise toy based on a Beast Machines design and sports Optimus Prime-like colors! It even has wannabe Peter Cullenish sound clips! :-D "

BW fans: " >:oP >:oP "

Hasbro: "Well... Takara's made a nice Masterpiece of Primal. Ya'll should go check that out from them! ;)^ "

BW fans: " >:oP >:oP >:oP "

Hasbro: " :saint: "

BW fans: "...You know what? Yeah! We WILL go check out Takara's offerings! Forget you, Hasbro! =; "

Hasbro: " :PEACE: "


Thank you for rubbing it in. I'd almost forgotten how determined Hasbro was to punish us if we like anything other than G1. :BANG_HEAD:

You know, as much as I've always been sick of the "true fans only buy Takara" people, Hasbro seems set on vindicating them.
Re: 20th Anniversary Beast Wars Easter Event in Tokyo, May 7th (1788144)
Posted by Lucky Logician on May 9th, 2016 @ 4:24pm CDT
Zeedust wrote:Thank you for rubbing it in. I'd almost forgotten how determined Hasbro was to punish us if we like anything other than G1. :BANG_HEAD:

You know, as much as I've always been sick of the "true fans only buy Takara" people, Hasbro seems set on vindicating them.
I'm imaging next year at 'Hascon' the exclusives will be a Mindwipe and Skullcruncher painted like Bat Optimus and Gator Megatron.

Hasbro: "Sorry were late to the party guys. But we just wanted everyone to know we loved Beast Wars just as much as the fans. We even made exclusives of our two favorite characters from the show! :-D "

BW fans: " #-o "
Re: 20th Anniversary Beast Wars Easter Event in Tokyo, May 7th (1788218)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 9th, 2016 @ 7:28pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:Now we've got a rough idea of prices for the LG-EX figures! Next question is when and where? Were these available at this show, or are they just advertising their future release elsewhere?
These are convention exclusives, yes.


I know they are convention exclusives. I wanted to know if they were available at TransFest 2016, or are they to be available at a different show later? I'm expecting the latter, as there have been now solicitations yet from the likes of TFSource or BBTS, where they definitely had some last year for LG-EX Armada Megatron and RID Scourge. I don't want to miss out on Rhinox or Waspinator at the very least.
Re: 20th Anniversary Beast Wars Easter Event in Tokyo, May 7th (1788284)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 9th, 2016 @ 10:45pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:I wanted to know if they were available at TransFest 2016,
They are, yes.
Re: 20th Anniversary Beast Wars Easter Event in Tokyo, May 7th (1788428)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 10th, 2016 @ 1:19pm CDT
Here's my point of confusion, then. Has TransFest already happened, or is it going to take place later on? I don't know if these news snippets have been reports of the event itself, or news about what is to be expected at the event.
Re: 20th Anniversary Beast Wars Easter Event in Tokyo, May 7th (1788431)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 10th, 2016 @ 1:23pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:Here's my point of confusion, then. Has TransFest already happened, or is it going to take place later on? I don't know if these news snippets have been reports of the event itself, or news about what is to be expected at the event.
It was this previous weekend.
Re: 20th Anniversary Beast Wars Easter Event in Tokyo, May 7th (1788432)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 10th, 2016 @ 1:24pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:Here's my point of confusion, then. Has TransFest already happened, or is it going to take place later on? I don't know if these news snippets have been reports of the event itself, or news about what is to be expected at the event.
It was this previous weekend.


So, TFSource and BBTS completely skipped out on getting these Beast Wars LG-EX figures? Crap.
Re: 20th Anniversary Beast Wars Easter Event in Tokyo, May 7th (1788433)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 10th, 2016 @ 1:33pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:Here's my point of confusion, then. Has TransFest already happened, or is it going to take place later on? I don't know if these news snippets have been reports of the event itself, or news about what is to be expected at the event.
It was this previous weekend.


So, TFSource and BBTS completely skipped out on getting these Beast Wars LG-EX figures? Crap.
Well, the Legend Commander Collection toys were con exclusives that eventually got rereleased on TakaraTomy Mall which led them to reaching other venues as well, so there's a chance that these three could too.
Re: 20th Anniversary Beast Wars Easter Event in Tokyo, May 7th (1795769)
Posted by Va'al on June 8th, 2016 @ 7:36am CDT
The Tokyo Toy Show is just round the corner - as it takes place this weekend, 11th June - and we're getting more information from Takara Tomy Transformers about their Beast Wars special celebrations, not only with the LGEX Rhinox, Waspinator, and Rattrap (Rattle), but also with some teasers about what's to come, and a potential new product reveal!

Is this in addition to rumoured MP Cheetor? Does Waspinator have a shot at the Masterpiece line? A surprise guest has also been mentioned in the update, so keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for more, and take the time until then to delve into Japanese Beast Wars with our first Beast Wars Tuesday update here!

June 11 at (Saturday) at 11 than Tomy booth next to the stage

New product announcement meetings of Transformers!

This time, titled Beast Wars Special 20th anniversary, "Beast Wars ultra-life Transformers"

In Kenshu Kato large dominating Wasupita officers appeared in guest!

The inside story and at that time, is fun planning, such as an announcement of the Beast Wars new products lots!

Be even there is also the emergence of surprise guest! ? 
Re: 20th Anniversary Beast Wars Easter Event in Tokyo, May 7th (1795772)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 8th, 2016 @ 7:53am CDT
The fandom would flip so many times if a MP Waspinator was announced. That figure would sell out faster than the club Punch/Counterpunch did. :MAXIMAL:
Re: 20th Anniversary Beast Wars Easter Event in Tokyo, May 7th (1795798)
Posted by Insurgent on June 8th, 2016 @ 9:36am CDT
The mention of waspinator is reference to his voice actor (I'm assuming hsi japanese one) appearing at the con.


I'm guessing the prototype of MP Cheetor will be revealed.
Re: 20th Anniversary Beast Wars Easter Event in Tokyo, May 7th (1795818)
Posted by Va'al on June 8th, 2016 @ 10:15am CDT
Insurgent wrote:The mention of waspinator is reference to his voice actor (I'm assuming hsi japanese one) appearing at the con.


I'm guessing the prototype of MP Cheetor will be revealed.


Retreading the piece, I do believe that is correct. We'll see soon enough!

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Facsimile Ed Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney DEC220640 (CA) Madureira"
GARGOYLES #1 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #5 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 ptg 0923DC268 5A (CA) Kane (W) Finger"
BATMAN #5 Facsimil ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #181 Facsimile Edition Cvr B foil DC Comics 2023 ptg 0323DC161 181B"
BATMAN #181 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #405 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 1023DC212 (CA) Mazzucchelli (W) Miller"
BATMAN #405 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INCREDIBLE HULK #181 facsimile Marvel Comics 2023 ptg MAY230702 (CA) Trimpe"
INCREDIBLE HULK #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MICRONAUTS #1 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2023 JUL230681 (CA) Cockrum (W) Mantlo"
MICRONAUTS #1 Facs ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #1 Facsimile DC Comics 2022 ptg 0822DC186 (A/CA) Shuster (W) Siegel"
SUPERMAN #1 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OMEGA MEN #3 Facsimile Edition FOIL DC Comics 2023 ptg 0623DC260 (CA) Giffen"
OMEGA MEN #3 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #404 Facsimile Cvr B blank sketch DC Comics 2023 ptg 1023DC211 404B"
BATMAN #404 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #123 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 1122DC116 (CA) Infantino + Anderson"
FLASH #123 Facsimi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHIZ COMICS #2 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 1222DC130 Shazam (CA) Beck (W)Parker"
WHIZ COMICS #2 Fac ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEW TEEN TITANS #1 Facsimile Cvr C blank sketch DC Comics 2023 ptg 1023DC208 1C"
NEW TEEN TITANS #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #122 Facsimile Edition Marvel Comics 2023 ptg APR230704"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROM SPACEKNIGHT #1 Facsimile foil Marvel Comics 2023 JUL230685 (CA) Miller"
ROM SPACEKNIGHT #1 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #344 - Journey to the Pegs
Twincast / Podcast #344:
"Journey to the Pegs"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, February 24th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Cyclonus Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Sergeant Kup and Flintlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Legion Class Smokescreen Stealth Fighter Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Autobot Jazz Figure" on AMAZON