Additional Kabaya DX Fortress Maximus Image

Transformers News: Additional Kabaya DX Fortress Maximus Image

Tuesday, April 10th, 2012 12:30am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 33,745

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

A second Rakuten listing has revealed a little additional information on the recently reported Kabaya DX Fortress Maximus. This listing includes a computer render revealing all three component parts and fully assembled robot mode. Powerglide will be joining Windcharger as one of the included mini figures. The third mini figure is also pictured in robot mode, and appears to be Cerebros. Image mirrored below.


This assortment is scheduled to arrive in July.

Image

Credit(s): Rakuten


This article was last modified on Tuesday, April 10th, 2012 12:51am CDT

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Additional Kabaya DX Fortress Maximus Image (1367582)
Posted by waaaaghlord on April 10th, 2012 @ 12:40am CDT
Given that he's shown in grey while the other 2 are pictured as red and the stuff that looks to be hanging off his back I think the 3rd mini fig is Cerebros.

edit- I replied straight from the front page and hadn't seen your post DM. Great minds and all that...
Re: Additional Kabaya DX Fortress Maximus Image (1367583)
Posted by zodconvoy on April 10th, 2012 @ 12:42am CDT
The third bot pictured is Cerebros.
Re: Additional Kabaya DX Fortress Maximus Image (1367584)
Posted by C - 310 on April 10th, 2012 @ 12:44am CDT
Does this mean TakaraTomy is not reissuing the G1 Fort Max?
Re: Additional Kabaya DX Fortress Maximus Image (1367600)
Posted by AdamPrime on April 10th, 2012 @ 2:57am CDT
Here's an idea:

Fort Max is too large to release at retail these days. Both in terms of size and price. (The designers were doubtful he would get a Japanese release, even back in 87!)

So why not do a "build a figure" type thing? A small amount of retooling will allow the arms/legs/torso/weapons to be attached by average joe. They could, say, include a limb with each appropriately-sized Classics/Movie/Prime toy.

In the same way that Kabaya and the figurine collections have done build-a-figs, it could work on a larger scale, right?
Re: Additional Kabaya DX Fortress Maximus Image (1367601)
Posted by Michel_Beckers on April 10th, 2012 @ 3:38am CDT
its looks good, but im hoping on a reissue for the G1 version.

if this does not come, maybe ill get this on, but ill have to
see better pictures first
Re: Additional Kabaya DX Fortress Maximus Image (1367607)
Posted by ausbot on April 10th, 2012 @ 5:21am CDT
If its bigger than the Fort Max jr I'll get it.
Re: Additional Kabaya DX Fortress Maximus Image (1367611)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 10th, 2012 @ 9:45am CDT
AdamPrime wrote:Here's an idea:

Fort Max is too large to release at retail these days. Both in terms of size and price. (The designers were doubtful he would get a Japanese release, even back in 87!)

So why not do a "build a figure" type thing? A small amount of retooling will allow the arms/legs/torso/weapons to be attached by average joe. They could, say, include a limb with each appropriately-sized Classics/Movie/Prime toy.

In the same way that Kabaya and the figurine collections have done build-a-figs, it could work on a larger scale, right?


Not with a figure the size of Fortress Maximus. The only thing you'd eliminate are the assembly costs, not the hazard the toys become. Plus, not everyone is knowledgeable on assembling stuff. Take a look at the playsets that need assembling or the IKEA furniture to see what I mean.
Re: Additional Kabaya DX Fortress Maximus Image (1367612)
Posted by joevill on April 10th, 2012 @ 9:45am CDT
Awesome! I want it!
Re: Additional Kabaya DX Fortress Maximus Image (1367613)
Posted by gothsaurus on April 10th, 2012 @ 9:47am CDT
I actually think this is a good sign... I'm betting Takara is building up excitement and interest in a FULL SIZE Max by putting this lil guy out.

Stoked. Can't have enough city-formers.
Re: Additional Kabaya DX Fortress Maximus Image (1367625)
Posted by Rated X on April 10th, 2012 @ 10:02am CDT
How about a full sized classics Fort Max instead of all these minis ???
Re: Additional Kabaya DX Fortress Maximus Image (1367628)
Posted by Anonymous on April 10th, 2012 @ 10:05am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
AdamPrime wrote:Here's an idea:

Fort Max is too large to release at retail these days. Both in terms of size and price. (The designers were doubtful he would get a Japanese release, even back in 87!)

So why not do a "build a figure" type thing? A small amount of retooling will allow the arms/legs/torso/weapons to be attached by average joe. They could, say, include a limb with each appropriately-sized Classics/Movie/Prime toy.

In the same way that Kabaya and the figurine collections have done build-a-figs, it could work on a larger scale, right?


Not with a figure the size of Fortress Maximus. The only thing you'd eliminate are the assembly costs, not the hazard the toys become. Plus, not everyone is knowledgeable on assembling stuff. Take a look at the playsets that need assembling or the IKEA furniture to see what I mean.
...what hazard?

I was under the impression that large toys like that aren't made any more because parents either couldn't afford them or just wouldn't buy something that expensive for their kids.
Re: Additional Kabaya DX Fortress Maximus Image (1367634)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 10th, 2012 @ 10:12am CDT
orangeitis wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
AdamPrime wrote:Here's an idea:

Fort Max is too large to release at retail these days. Both in terms of size and price. (The designers were doubtful he would get a Japanese release, even back in 87!)

So why not do a "build a figure" type thing? A small amount of retooling will allow the arms/legs/torso/weapons to be attached by average joe. They could, say, include a limb with each appropriately-sized Classics/Movie/Prime toy.

In the same way that Kabaya and the figurine collections have done build-a-figs, it could work on a larger scale, right?


Not with a figure the size of Fortress Maximus. The only thing you'd eliminate are the assembly costs, not the hazard the toys become. Plus, not everyone is knowledgeable on assembling stuff. Take a look at the playsets that need assembling or the IKEA furniture to see what I mean.
...what hazard?

I was under the impression that large toys like that aren't made any more because parents either couldn't afford them or just wouldn't buy something that expensive for their kids.


Drop Test. That's the test that Fortress Maximus failed in the US back in 2001 for it's intended RiD release (FAO Schwartz exclusive if you must know). Simply put, the toy is dropped from a certain height and the testers see if and especially how it breaks (or shatters). Plus, I can imagine you don't want a (insert net weight of FM here) pound toy landing on your head.
Re: Additional Kabaya DX Fortress Maximus Image (1367640)
Posted by gothsaurus on April 10th, 2012 @ 10:23am CDT
Yeah, I'd be in for both a Fort Max AND a Grand Max ehobby version. Maybe with all the stickers as Tampos??? Can I hear an Amen???
Re: Additional Kabaya DX Fortress Maximus Image (1367642)
Posted by Anonymous on April 10th, 2012 @ 10:27am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
orangeitis wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
AdamPrime wrote:Here's an idea:

Fort Max is too large to release at retail these days. Both in terms of size and price. (The designers were doubtful he would get a Japanese release, even back in 87!)

So why not do a "build a figure" type thing? A small amount of retooling will allow the arms/legs/torso/weapons to be attached by average joe. They could, say, include a limb with each appropriately-sized Classics/Movie/Prime toy.

In the same way that Kabaya and the figurine collections have done build-a-figs, it could work on a larger scale, right?


Not with a figure the size of Fortress Maximus. The only thing you'd eliminate are the assembly costs, not the hazard the toys become. Plus, not everyone is knowledgeable on assembling stuff. Take a look at the playsets that need assembling or the IKEA furniture to see what I mean.
...what hazard?

I was under the impression that large toys like that aren't made any more because parents either couldn't afford them or just wouldn't buy something that expensive for their kids.


Drop Test. That's the test that Fortress Maximus failed in the US back in 2001 for it's intended RiD release (FAO Schwartz exclusive if you must know). Simply put, the toy is dropped from a certain height and the testers see if and especially how it breaks (or shatters). Plus, I can imagine you don't want a (insert net weight of FM here) pound toy landing on your head.
Oh yeah. I forgot about that. :BANG_HEAD:

Though if I may comment, the fact that kids today NEED safety tests done like that to their potential playthings before they're released is revolting. I wish parental quality was higher, and not just because I want a hueg 50lb toy. :HEADHURTS:
Re: Additional Kabaya DX Fortress Maximus Image (1367663)
Posted by Marcdachamp on April 10th, 2012 @ 11:02am CDT
So, how big would this figure be? And what would it cost to import? If he's a decent size, I might be tempted to snag that.
Re: Additional Kabaya DX Fortress Maximus Image (1367723)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on April 10th, 2012 @ 1:00pm CDT
Marcdachamp wrote:So, how big would this figure be? And what would it cost to import? If he's a decent size, I might be tempted to snag that.


If he's coming in with other, smaller figures, he'll probably be Voyager size at most. Otherwise the cost would be a bit much. Still, ANY version of Fort Max is awesome to me and I'll have him set up with my Cyberverse guys!
Re: Additional Kabaya DX Fortress Maximus Image (1367778)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 10th, 2012 @ 3:28pm CDT
gothsaurus wrote:Yeah, I'd be in for both a Fort Max AND a Grand Max ehobby version. Maybe with all the stickers as Tampos??? Can I hear an Amen???


AMEN! Although I still have my G1 Fort Max so I doubt I'd buy a new one. Unless it was the one with the pretender shell and swords.
Re: Additional Kabaya DX Fortress Maximus Image (1367785)
Posted by jasonwilty on April 10th, 2012 @ 3:47pm CDT
Dont get this either or bit.

Takara said at CybertronCon that they wanted to release an Encore G1 Fort Max next year.

Bearing in mind the caliber of speakers there, quite a bold statement.

IThis Kapaya thing isn't a replacement - as awesome as it is.

Although I doubt it would harm the encore's chances much, if this sells like hotcakes.
Re: Additional Kabaya DX Fortress Maximus Image (1367880)
Posted by scalijdub on April 10th, 2012 @ 10:15pm CDT
I have one of the originals w/ the original box. Didn't think they'd ever re-release him.
Re: Additional Kabaya DX Fortress Maximus Image (1367940)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on April 11th, 2012 @ 7:05am CDT
orangeitis wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
orangeitis wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
AdamPrime wrote:Here's an idea:

Fort Max is too large to release at retail these days. Both in terms of size and price. (The designers were doubtful he would get a Japanese release, even back in 87!)

So why not do a "build a figure" type thing? A small amount of retooling will allow the arms/legs/torso/weapons to be attached by average joe. They could, say, include a limb with each appropriately-sized Classics/Movie/Prime toy.

In the same way that Kabaya and the figurine collections have done build-a-figs, it could work on a larger scale, right?


Not with a figure the size of Fortress Maximus. The only thing you'd eliminate are the assembly costs, not the hazard the toys become. Plus, not everyone is knowledgeable on assembling stuff. Take a look at the playsets that need assembling or the IKEA furniture to see what I mean.
...what hazard?

I was under the impression that large toys like that aren't made any more because parents either couldn't afford them or just wouldn't buy something that expensive for their kids.


Drop Test. That's the test that Fortress Maximus failed in the US back in 2001 for it's intended RiD release (FAO Schwartz exclusive if you must know). Simply put, the toy is dropped from a certain height and the testers see if and especially how it breaks (or shatters). Plus, I can imagine you don't want a (insert net weight of FM here) pound toy landing on your head.
Oh yeah. I forgot about that. :BANG_HEAD:

Though if I may comment, the fact that kids today NEED safety tests done like that to their potential playthings before they're released is revolting. I wish parental quality was higher, and not just because I want a hueg 50lb toy. :HEADHURTS:


Do Legos undergo drop tests too? The result of dropping Fort Max can't beat dropping a lego city or creator. :lol: Although, Lego Technic can survive the drop. :lol:

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Legion Class Smokescreen Stealth Fighter Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #245 - On a Boat
Twincast / Podcast #245:
"On a Boat"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 4th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Hasbro Transformers DOTM HA Backfire with Spike MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Berserker Sixwing! White Micromaster Combiner 2003 Takara Chase Set" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2017 The Last Knight Premium Series Deluxe Decepticon Berserker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 1984 Insecticon Bombshell complete nice shape G1 80's toys    513" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Siege War for Cybertron Deluxe Class, Ratchet  (Exclusive)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers The Last Knight TLK Toys R Us TRU Infernocus & Quintessa 100% Comp" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation Power of the Primes POTP Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botbots Series 1 Jock Squad FIT NESS MONSTER orange fitness tracker" on EBAY