This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023

Transformers News: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023

Monday, June 27th, 2022 1:27AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 50,807

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

There are 3 fully new releases in the Transformers Legacy's leader class this year: Laser Prime, Blitzwing and Transmetal 2 Dragon Megatron (the only one we have not seen yet). Now, we have news, from JTPrime17, that all those toys will get rereleased in the Legacy line in 2023 along with leader class Armada Megatron and Prime Skyquake.

The good news is that if ever any leader class toys has been hard to find or if TM2 Megatron turns out to be hard to find, then there will be another chance to get them in 2023.

Here are those listings:

Tra Gen Legacy Ev LDR Metal Megs PR
Product Number: F7216
EAN: 5010994207823
Tra Gen legacy Ev LDR Laser Op Pr
Product Number: F7215
EAN: 5010994207830
Tra Gen Legacy Ev LDR Blitzwing Pr
Product Number: F7230
EAN: 5010994207571

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2136853)
Posted by Emerje on June 27th, 2022 @ 1:33am CDT
o.supreme wrote:Leader-1 didn't come with CW Armada Megatron, kind of doubt it will come with this one. Also I wouldn't put it past Hasbro that this "New" Armada Megatron for 2023 isn't just a slight variant of the CW one. SS86 Arcee from T30 set a precedent.

They don't make Leaders that big anymore so I wouldn't worry about that. He'll be a tall Voyager with add on parts (based on Tidal Wave?) or be bulked out like Galvatron (big ol' shoulder treads). He has two easy built in repaints (Galvatron and Megazarak) so he doesn't really need to share anything with anyone else, though I do wonder how people feel about him being used to make an interpretation of IDW Fort Max?

It also occurs to me that Legacy Leader-1 and Drill Bit could share tooling if they choose to make them, might improve their chances of being made.

Emerje
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2136854)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on June 27th, 2022 @ 2:50am CDT
william-james88 wrote:That doesn't mean there won't be new leader class toys in the line, there just haven't been any other listings found for leader class toys in 2023's Legacy line aside from those at the moment.
...except Armada Megatron and Prime Skyquake from barely 2 days ago.

Emerje wrote:though I do wonder how people feel about him being used to make an interpretation of IDW Fort Max?
Oh my god, the Fort Max I would actually buy? You're a genius.
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2136858)
Posted by william-james88 on June 27th, 2022 @ 7:30am CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:
william-james88 wrote:That doesn't mean there won't be new leader class toys in the line, there just haven't been any other listings found for leader class toys in 2023's Legacy line aside from those at the moment.
...except Armada Megatron and Prime Skyquake from barely 2 days ago.

Emerje wrote:though I do wonder how people feel about him being used to make an interpretation of IDW Fort Max?
Oh my god, the Fort Max I would actually buy? You're a genius.


Lol, gotta go fix that
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2136902)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on June 28th, 2022 @ 11:51am CDT
I saw a Dragstrip on the pegs yesterday and I said to myself....I said self what if :HASBRO: :TAKARATOMY: puts out a impressive box set....? Who's to say this WON'T come to pass....?

So I've waited this long for a good representation of the Stunticons post Combiner Wars I can wait some more....'nuff said! :VEHI:
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2136906)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on June 28th, 2022 @ 2:42pm CDT
Nemesis Destron wrote:I saw a Dragstrip on the pegs yesterday and I said to myself....I said self what if :HASBRO: :TAKARATOMY: puts out a impressive box set....? Who's to say this WON'T come to pass....?

So I've waited this long for a good representation of the Stunticons post Combiner Wars I can wait some more....'nuff said! :VEHI:
Considering that Motormaster is commander class, I doubt there will be a box set of the Stunticons.
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2136907)
Posted by Munkky on June 28th, 2022 @ 2:52pm CDT
For those who have Siege Soundwave, would it be worth getting the Legacy version? I have the Netflix version, but unfortunately many of the grey parts have started turning yellow. I'll probably never be able to get another Netflix Soundwave, so I don't know if I should:
A) have a go at restoring the one I have by painting over the yellowing parts.
B) swap it out for Legacy Soundwave (has yellwoing plastic ever been reported on the Siege version to anyone's knowledge?)
C) wait to see if the Netflix version becomes available again one day, that new Buzzworthy Bumblebee set with the Volkswageb Beetle mould for Goldbug has renewed my hope for this, as it means Wal-Mart have lost exclusivity for at least one retool and could also lose Soundwave soon.
or D) hang fire and wait to see if Hasbro brings out a new Soundwave without the Netflix version's problems.
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2136920)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 28th, 2022 @ 4:58pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Nemesis Destron wrote:I saw a Dragstrip on the pegs yesterday and I said to myself....I said self what if :HASBRO: :TAKARATOMY: puts out a impressive box set....? Who's to say this WON'T come to pass....?

So I've waited this long for a good representation of the Stunticons post Combiner Wars I can wait some more....'nuff said! :VEHI:
Considering that Motormaster is commander class, I doubt there will be a box set of the Stunticons.


SS69 tell that you're wrong on that one.

Image
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2136921)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 28th, 2022 @ 5:01pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Nemesis Destron wrote:I saw a Dragstrip on the pegs yesterday and I said to myself....I said self what if :HASBRO: :TAKARATOMY: puts out a impressive box set....? Who's to say this WON'T come to pass....?

So I've waited this long for a good representation of the Stunticons post Combiner Wars I can wait some more....'nuff said! :VEHI:
Considering that Motormaster is commander class, I doubt there will be a box set of the Stunticons.


SS69 tell that you're wrong on that one.

Image


It's a 50/50 shot, but with it's potentially high price the venue and production number will be very limited, I can assure you.
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2136922)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 28th, 2022 @ 5:03pm CDT
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:It's a 50/50 shot, but with it's potentially high price the venue and production number will be very limited, I can assure you.


Oh, no doubts. SS69 was available only at select online stores so a Legacy Stunticons set would be the same for sure.
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2136936)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on June 28th, 2022 @ 6:49pm CDT
The moment I read "high price" this came to mind.....


Image


and this old boy was not cheap. I wonder what the numbers sold were retail? :-?

Anyway my waiting begins and thanks for that reminder Kanrabat! ;)^ :VEHI:
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2136938)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 28th, 2022 @ 7:26pm CDT
Nemesis Destron wrote:The moment I read "high price" this came to mind.....

and this old boy was not cheap. I wonder what the numbers sold were retail? :-?

Anyway my waiting begins and thanks for that reminder Kanrabat! ;)^ :VEHI:


Speaking of VERY high price...

Image
(CLICK HERE for the rest of the gallery!)

I paid an arm and a leg for this but I'm sure the original price was pretty costly even at the time it originally came out. :-?
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2136941)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 28th, 2022 @ 8:10pm CDT
Nemesis Destron wrote:The moment I read "high price" this came to mind.....


Image


and this old boy was not cheap. I wonder what the numbers sold were retail? :-?

Anyway my waiting begins and thanks for that reminder Kanrabat! ;)^ :VEHI:


Is that the reissue?
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2136942)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 28th, 2022 @ 8:10pm CDT
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2136943)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 28th, 2022 @ 8:11pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Nemesis Destron wrote:The moment I read "high price" this came to mind.....


Image


and this old boy was not cheap. I wonder what the numbers sold were retail? :-?

Anyway my waiting begins and thanks for that reminder Kanrabat! ;)^ :VEHI:


Is that the reissue?
Yes. Encore logo in the top-left corner.
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2136945)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 28th, 2022 @ 8:50pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Nemesis Destron wrote:The moment I read "high price" this came to mind.....


Image


and this old boy was not cheap. I wonder what the numbers sold were retail? :-?

Anyway my waiting begins and thanks for that reminder Kanrabat! ;)^ :VEHI:


Is that the reissue?
Yes. Encore logo in the top-left corner.


I canceled my order when the reports of problems came out.
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2136949)
Posted by TulioDude on June 28th, 2022 @ 11:22pm CDT
Armada Megatron showing up in Genatations
Image

Day 911 of waiting for Transformers Armada Masterpiece news.
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2136951)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 28th, 2022 @ 11:52pm CDT
TulioDude wrote:Armada Megatron showing up in Genatations
Image

Day 911 of waiting for Transformers Armada Masterpiece news.


Heh, you know it!
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2136953)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 29th, 2022 @ 12:00am CDT
TulioDude wrote:Armada Megatron showing up in Genatations
Image

Day 911 of waiting for Transformers Armada Masterpiece news.
As long as they do right by him and not make him something like a green G1 Megatron with just a new head and new shoulder kibble.
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2136958)
Posted by Overcracker on June 29th, 2022 @ 8:37am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:


Great review. Not feeling him at all. I have no attachment to him as a character. Though I do wonder who they are going to retool him into exactly?

Also, for those in the know is not pronounced Gee-axus. or Jai-axus?
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2136959)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 29th, 2022 @ 8:39am CDT
Overcracker wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:


Great review. Not feeling him at all. I have no attachment to him as a character. Though I do wonder who they are going to retool him into exactly?

Also, for those in the know is not pronounced Gee-axus. or Jai-axus?


The wiki says Gee-Ax-Us
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2136960)
Posted by Overcracker on June 29th, 2022 @ 8:42am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:


Great review. Not feeling him at all. I have no attachment to him as a character. Though I do wonder who they are going to retool him into exactly?

Also, for those in the know is not pronounced Gee-axus. or Jai-axus?


The wiki says Gee-Ax-Us


Thanks. :D
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2136962)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 29th, 2022 @ 8:51am CDT
I really like that Jiaxus overall. The legs transformation is pretty nice too. Only fault is the huge hollow space under the cockpit. A weird design choice but still. I expect a 3D printed piece that will fill this up and act as a shield for bot mode.
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2136965)
Posted by Emerje on June 29th, 2022 @ 9:37am CDT
Overcracker wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:


Great review. Not feeling him at all. I have no attachment to him as a character. Though I do wonder who they are going to retool him into exactly?

Also, for those in the know is not pronounced Gee-axus. or Jai-axus?


The wiki says Gee-Ax-Us


Thanks. :D

Story goes that Furman anticipated the G2 comic not lasting long so he named the main villain of the story after his and the rest of the comic team's eminent firing ("gee, axe us").

Emerje
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2136989)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 29th, 2022 @ 2:03pm CDT
Emerje wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:


Great review. Not feeling him at all. I have no attachment to him as a character. Though I do wonder who they are going to retool him into exactly?

Also, for those in the know is not pronounced Gee-axus. or Jai-axus?


The wiki says Gee-Ax-Us


Thanks. :D

Story goes that Furman anticipated the G2 comic not lasting long so he named the main villain of the story after his and the rest of the comic team's eminent firing ("gee, axe us").

Emerje


Yup, I shared the story in the video.
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2136994)
Posted by Overcracker on June 29th, 2022 @ 3:54pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:


Great review. Not feeling him at all. I have no attachment to him as a character. Though I do wonder who they are going to retool him into exactly?

Also, for those in the know is not pronounced Gee-axus. or Jai-axus?


The wiki says Gee-Ax-Us


Thanks. :D

Story goes that Furman anticipated the G2 comic not lasting long so he named the main villain of the story after his and the rest of the comic team's eminent firing ("gee, axe us").

Emerje


Yup, I shared the story in the video.


Must have missed then. Whoops :oops: :P
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2136998)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on June 29th, 2022 @ 6:06pm CDT
Great character, really stupid name.
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2137007)
Posted by william-james88 on June 29th, 2022 @ 8:04pm CDT
While not available at US retail yet, Transformers Legacy Jhiaxus has been found online through e-bay vendors and even at collector retail in Singapore and Toysrus in Taiwan by Nimama. He and the Seige Soundwave rerelease are what make up wave 2 for voyagers. We have a few reviews from fellow Seibertronians to share with you.

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Every so often Hasbro will go deep and pull out a character that really hasn't had representation in toy form, in Legacy there giving this treatment to Jhiaxus. Created during the G2 comic era, Jhiaxus has seen representation in toy form, but those were repaints/retools of other characters. This Voyager Class release is the best representation of Jhiaxus from the comics we've seen. Transformation is very intuitive with a few interesting bits, I was quite pleased to see that the figure didn't have a fake cockpit. If you're a fan of the G2 era then Jhiaxus is a must-purchase.




Thundertron wrote:
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2137014)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on June 29th, 2022 @ 9:45pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:Though I do wonder who they are going to retool him into exactly?



I can see Thunderwing in that mold.
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2137016)
Posted by Uncontrolable_myosin on June 29th, 2022 @ 10:23pm CDT
Heh that username means your mom XD
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2137017)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 29th, 2022 @ 10:44pm CDT
Cyber Bishop wrote:
Overcracker wrote:Though I do wonder who they are going to retool him into exactly?



I can see Thunderwing in that mold.


Hmmmmm..... Maybe. And there's even enough space under that cockpit to add a core class "inner bot". Add two big guns, a small gun for the little bot, and maybe some blast effects and you get "Leader" Thunderwing!
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2137024)
Posted by griftimus prime on June 30th, 2022 @ 6:27am CDT
i had one g2 comic. and thats the only reason i know this guy. love that head sculpt.
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2137029)
Posted by partholon on June 30th, 2022 @ 8:05am CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:Great character, really stupid name.


testement to Furmans talent that even a character he intended to throw away STILL goes on to be a fan favourite.

i cant wait for the fig myself. its weird. the porportions somehow make him "stompy" looking , making him for more brute like than i expected.

but it IS how he was portrayed in the G2 book and that headsculpt is BANG on.extremely impressive as i doubt yaniger EVER intended him to be made into a toy.

getting a judge dredd vibe off him.

bout the only problem i have is the space/hollowness below the cockpit in jet mode that others noted. if he was to be retooled to a leaderclass Thunderwing with add on drone/weapons it'd make sense, though TBH i thought wed get that from a retooled sky shadow from titans retuns.

that lad was BEGGING for that.
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2137031)
Posted by First-Aid on June 30th, 2022 @ 8:52am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Cyber Bishop wrote:
Overcracker wrote:Though I do wonder who they are going to retool him into exactly?



I can see Thunderwing in that mold.


Hmmmmm..... Maybe. And there's even enough space under that cockpit to add a core class "inner bot". Add two big guns, a small gun for the little bot, and maybe some blast effects and you get "Leader" Thunderwing!


You think Hasbro can get Prime Skyquake out of this mold?
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2137033)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 30th, 2022 @ 9:19am CDT
First-Aid wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Cyber Bishop wrote:
Overcracker wrote:Though I do wonder who they are going to retool him into exactly?



I can see Thunderwing in that mold.


Hmmmmm..... Maybe. And there's even enough space under that cockpit to add a core class "inner bot". Add two big guns, a small gun for the little bot, and maybe some blast effects and you get "Leader" Thunderwing!


You think Hasbro can get Prime Skyquake out of this mold?

Possibly yes, but the question is, should they.
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2137037)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 30th, 2022 @ 9:46am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
First-Aid wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Cyber Bishop wrote:
Overcracker wrote:Though I do wonder who they are going to retool him into exactly?



I can see Thunderwing in that mold.


Hmmmmm..... Maybe. And there's even enough space under that cockpit to add a core class "inner bot". Add two big guns, a small gun for the little bot, and maybe some blast effects and you get "Leader" Thunderwing!


You think Hasbro can get Prime Skyquake out of this mold?

Possibly yes, but the question is, should they.
Prime Skyquake's already leaked as coming in the Velocitron line, but as a Leader rather than a Voyager, so he'll probably get his own mold.
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2137039)
Posted by First-Aid on June 30th, 2022 @ 10:19am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
First-Aid wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Cyber Bishop wrote:
Overcracker wrote:Though I do wonder who they are going to retool him into exactly?



I can see Thunderwing in that mold.


Hmmmmm..... Maybe. And there's even enough space under that cockpit to add a core class "inner bot". Add two big guns, a small gun for the little bot, and maybe some blast effects and you get "Leader" Thunderwing!


You think Hasbro can get Prime Skyquake out of this mold?

Possibly yes, but the question is, should they.
Prime Skyquake's already leaked as coming in the Velocitron line, but as a Leader rather than a Voyager, so he'll probably get his own mold.


That's right...I couldn't remember if he was Voyager or leader. That said, most of the Leader classes recently HAVE been essentially voyager sized and the price points increased simply by adding different extra accessories like Blitzwing's giant Energon mitts. I don't know if we can officially rule out that diagnosis yet.
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2137040)
Posted by sol magnus on June 30th, 2022 @ 10:22am CDT
First-Aid wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
First-Aid wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Cyber Bishop wrote:
Overcracker wrote:Though I do wonder who they are going to retool him into exactly?



I can see Thunderwing in that mold.


Hmmmmm..... Maybe. And there's even enough space under that cockpit to add a core class "inner bot". Add two big guns, a small gun for the little bot, and maybe some blast effects and you get "Leader" Thunderwing!


You think Hasbro can get Prime Skyquake out of this mold?

Possibly yes, but the question is, should they.
Prime Skyquake's already leaked as coming in the Velocitron line, but as a Leader rather than a Voyager, so he'll probably get his own mold.


That's right...I couldn't remember if he was Voyager or leader. That said, most of the Leader classes recently HAVE been essentially voyager sized and the price points increased simply by adding different extra accessories like Blitzwing's giant Energon mitts. I don't know if we can officially rule out that diagnosis yet.

Why not? What's the precedent of a Voyager being upgraded to a leader without adding something substantial to it? The only I can think of was the Walmart Black Convoy (that I never even saw so never had a chance to buy - A Voyager Siege Optimus with an Earthrise trailer.)

This would be retooling a figure from one class to another, and while we can't say it 'would never' happen, I think we can say it's highly unlikely.
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2137041)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 30th, 2022 @ 10:23am CDT
First-Aid wrote:That's right...I couldn't remember if he was Voyager or leader. That said, most of the Leader classes recently HAVE been essentially voyager sized and the price points increased simply by adding different extra accessories like Blitzwing's giant Energon mitts. I don't know if we can officially rule out that diagnosis yet.
Blitzwing's a Leader because of his core figure's parts count and complexity. Take away those bonus fist accessories and he's still a Leader. They just threw those in to make him "feel" more worthwhile as a Leader when he really doesn't need them to still be a Leader class.
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2137043)
Posted by First-Aid on June 30th, 2022 @ 10:40am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
First-Aid wrote:That's right...I couldn't remember if he was Voyager or leader. That said, most of the Leader classes recently HAVE been essentially voyager sized and the price points increased simply by adding different extra accessories like Blitzwing's giant Energon mitts. I don't know if we can officially rule out that diagnosis yet.
Blitzwing's a Leader because of his core figure's parts count and complexity. Take away those bonus fist accessories and he's still a Leader. They just threw those in to make him "feel" more worthwhile as a Leader when he really doesn't need them to still be a Leader class.


True. I guess what I'm trying to say- poorly, I might add (Damnit, I'm an NP not an English professor!)- is that size doesn't make as much of a difference of class as it used to. Leader Galvatron and Laser Prime are essentially the same size/height as Voyager Scourge and Cyclonus. Yes, it's the parts that make the difference, but this could quickly get made up by adding things like wing flaps, detailed folds in tailfins requiring additional joints, etc. With Jhiaxus, I feel like they can mold a lot of the details into the figure, bringing down overall parts count. Skyquake would need more detailing, I think, meaning a higher parts count and a more complex transformation. It makes no sense for Hasbro to make a mold without at least a second use for it planned (see my previous rants on repaints/Seekers and lack of imagination). Thunderwing? Maybe, but there hasn't been any announcement of that. Based on the announced characters, Skyquake seems the most logical choice. Also, if they successfully pull this off, suddenly Hasbro has expanded their production ability, adding the possibility of converting Voyager figures into Leader class and vice versa. Could result in more of the larger class of figs.

Maybe. Who knows.
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2137049)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on June 30th, 2022 @ 1:56pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Prime Skyquake's already leaked as coming in the Velocitron line, but as a Leader rather than a Voyager, so he'll probably get his own mold.
Skyquake's listing is for the mainline, not Velocitron. The Velocitron Leader listing just said "LDR 2".

First-Aid wrote:It makes no sense for Hasbro to make a mold without at least a second use for it planned (see my previous rants on repaints/Seekers and lack of imagination). Thunderwing? Maybe, but there hasn't been any announcement of that.
True thus far, but we also only have a single wave for next year leaked currently, as well as not having a guarantee that every exclusive for this year is already known (Amazon has been doing two sets of exclusives in the past years and only announced one so far, for example).
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2137060)
Posted by william-james88 on June 30th, 2022 @ 3:43pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
First-Aid wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Cyber Bishop wrote:
Overcracker wrote:Though I do wonder who they are going to retool him into exactly?



I can see Thunderwing in that mold.


Hmmmmm..... Maybe. And there's even enough space under that cockpit to add a core class "inner bot". Add two big guns, a small gun for the little bot, and maybe some blast effects and you get "Leader" Thunderwing!


You think Hasbro can get Prime Skyquake out of this mold?

Possibly yes, but the question is, should they.


No, they should not. They don't need to anyways since Skyquake is literally a Seeker mold. He already has a redeco built in of an even more popular character. The only thing I am dreading though is his G1-ification. We saw the reasoning behind Arcee's G1-ification, and Knockout comes from a G1 mold (Bulkhead has Optimus Rumours) but Skyquake's reuse is another Prime character. I really hope he looks closer to his Prime counterpart than any of the other Prime characters.
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2137065)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 30th, 2022 @ 3:53pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
First-Aid wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Cyber Bishop wrote:
Overcracker wrote:Though I do wonder who they are going to retool him into exactly?



I can see Thunderwing in that mold.


Hmmmmm..... Maybe. And there's even enough space under that cockpit to add a core class "inner bot". Add two big guns, a small gun for the little bot, and maybe some blast effects and you get "Leader" Thunderwing!


You think Hasbro can get Prime Skyquake out of this mold?

Possibly yes, but the question is, should they.


No, they should not. They don't need to anyways since Skyquake is literally a Seeker mold. He already has a redeco built in of an even more popular character. The only thing I am dreading though is his G1-ification. We saw the reasoning behind Arcee's G1-ification, and Knockout comes from a G1 mold (Bulkhead has Optimus Rumours) but Skyquake's reuse is another Prime character. I really hope he looks closer to his Prime counterpart than any of the other Prime characters.


"G1-ification" isn't really a good name for what's happening to the Prime characters in Legacy IMO. G1, RiD 2001, UT have all been roughly similar in boxy shapes used, but Prime and Animated feature a whole lot more curves in their designs, and comparatively speaking really stand out. Plus curves into blocky altmodes... yeah... Maybe "boxy streamlining?" :lol:
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2137068)
Posted by sol magnus on June 30th, 2022 @ 3:58pm CDT
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
First-Aid wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Cyber Bishop wrote:
Overcracker wrote:Though I do wonder who they are going to retool him into exactly?



I can see Thunderwing in that mold.


Hmmmmm..... Maybe. And there's even enough space under that cockpit to add a core class "inner bot". Add two big guns, a small gun for the little bot, and maybe some blast effects and you get "Leader" Thunderwing!


You think Hasbro can get Prime Skyquake out of this mold?

Possibly yes, but the question is, should they.


No, they should not. They don't need to anyways since Skyquake is literally a Seeker mold. He already has a redeco built in of an even more popular character. The only thing I am dreading though is his G1-ification. We saw the reasoning behind Arcee's G1-ification, and Knockout comes from a G1 mold (Bulkhead has Optimus Rumours) but Skyquake's reuse is another Prime character. I really hope he looks closer to his Prime counterpart than any of the other Prime characters.


"G1-ification" isn't really a good name for what's happening to the Prime characters in Legacy IMO. G1, RiD 2001, UT have all been roughly similar in boxy shapes used, but Prime and Animated feature a whole lot more curves in their designs, and comparatively speaking really stand out. Plus curves into blocky altmodes... yeah... Maybe "boxy streamlining?" :lol:


"Boxy streamlining" doesn't leave any room for the G1 cheap shot.
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2137070)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 30th, 2022 @ 4:04pm CDT
sol magnus wrote:
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:"G1-ification" isn't really a good name for what's happening to the Prime characters in Legacy IMO. G1, RiD 2001, UT have all been roughly similar in boxy shapes used, but Prime and Animated feature a whole lot more curves in their designs, and comparatively speaking really stand out. Plus curves into blocky altmodes... yeah... Maybe "boxy streamlining?" :lol:


"Boxy streamlining" doesn't leave any room for the G1 cheap shot.


Exactly! :lol:
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2137077)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on June 30th, 2022 @ 4:36pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:He already has a redeco built in of an even more popular character. The only thing I am dreading though is his G1-ification. We saw the reasoning behind Arcee's G1-ification, and Knockout comes from a G1 mold (Bulkhead has Optimus Rumours) but Skyquake's reuse is another Prime character.
I'm curious to see if they're also gonna make a pass at Megaplex with this mold, since we know from interviews that Mark consistently brings up Machine Wars, or if they're going to try to wait for an Energon Starscream mold or something to go more accurate to the original figure.
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2137078)
Posted by Rtron on June 30th, 2022 @ 4:41pm CDT
sol magnus wrote:
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
First-Aid wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Cyber Bishop wrote:
Overcracker wrote:Though I do wonder who they are going to retool him into exactly?



I can see Thunderwing in that mold.


Hmmmmm..... Maybe. And there's even enough space under that cockpit to add a core class "inner bot". Add two big guns, a small gun for the little bot, and maybe some blast effects and you get "Leader" Thunderwing!


You think Hasbro can get Prime Skyquake out of this mold?

Possibly yes, but the question is, should they.


No, they should not. They don't need to anyways since Skyquake is literally a Seeker mold. He already has a redeco built in of an even more popular character. The only thing I am dreading though is his G1-ification. We saw the reasoning behind Arcee's G1-ification, and Knockout comes from a G1 mold (Bulkhead has Optimus Rumours) but Skyquake's reuse is another Prime character. I really hope he looks closer to his Prime counterpart than any of the other Prime characters.


"G1-ification" isn't really a good name for what's happening to the Prime characters in Legacy IMO. G1, RiD 2001, UT have all been roughly similar in boxy shapes used, but Prime and Animated feature a whole lot more curves in their designs, and comparatively speaking really stand out. Plus curves into blocky altmodes... yeah... Maybe "boxy streamlining?" :lol:


"Boxy streamlining" doesn't leave any room for the G1 cheap shot.


It's not a cheap shot, they ARE G1-ifying those designs.
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2137080)
Posted by sol magnus on June 30th, 2022 @ 4:44pm CDT
Rtron wrote:
sol magnus wrote:
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
First-Aid wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Cyber Bishop wrote:
Overcracker wrote:Though I do wonder who they are going to retool him into exactly?



I can see Thunderwing in that mold.


Hmmmmm..... Maybe. And there's even enough space under that cockpit to add a core class "inner bot". Add two big guns, a small gun for the little bot, and maybe some blast effects and you get "Leader" Thunderwing!


You think Hasbro can get Prime Skyquake out of this mold?

Possibly yes, but the question is, should they.


No, they should not. They don't need to anyways since Skyquake is literally a Seeker mold. He already has a redeco built in of an even more popular character. The only thing I am dreading though is his G1-ification. We saw the reasoning behind Arcee's G1-ification, and Knockout comes from a G1 mold (Bulkhead has Optimus Rumours) but Skyquake's reuse is another Prime character. I really hope he looks closer to his Prime counterpart than any of the other Prime characters.


"G1-ification" isn't really a good name for what's happening to the Prime characters in Legacy IMO. G1, RiD 2001, UT have all been roughly similar in boxy shapes used, but Prime and Animated feature a whole lot more curves in their designs, and comparatively speaking really stand out. Plus curves into blocky altmodes... yeah... Maybe "boxy streamlining?" :lol:


"Boxy streamlining" doesn't leave any room for the G1 cheap shot.


It's not a cheap shot, they ARE G1-ifying those designs.

The term is being used for a cheap shot. I'm aware they're doing "boxy streamlining." :lol:
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2137086)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 30th, 2022 @ 5:24pm CDT
G1 Arcee is just as curvy as the Prime characters. If they can make her over and over again without any need for any "boxy streamlining", then there is no excuse for how they chose to make the Prime characters the way they did.
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2137087)
Posted by sol magnus on June 30th, 2022 @ 5:28pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:G1 Arcee is just as curvy as the Prime characters. If they can make her over and over again without any need for any "boxy streamlining", then there is no excuse for how they chose to make the Prime characters the way they did.

I have no reprimand for this comment.
Re: All 3 New Leader Class Toys in Legacy will be Rereleased in 2023 (2137092)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 30th, 2022 @ 5:47pm CDT
Also,
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:"G1-ification" isn't really a good name for what's happening to the Prime characters in Legacy IMO.
No, it pretty much is. In the Pulse video from late last year, Mark Maher said the following about the design aesthetic of the Legacy line:

"I mean, Transformers, we have such rich history. It's like forty years of just characters from all different, like, universes. I mean, the style and design aesthetics of each universe has its own feel and look. So, you know, early on, John Warden put the seeds in the ground for this and, uh, our design director, Michelino, actually really took the team together and was was like, 'We need something fresh and new for Generations.' So we're taking all of these characters from all of these different continuities, and we're trying to, like, almost like, place them into a universe of their own, which is basically Legacy. And, of course, having, like, a heavy G1 influence because, you know, I love G1, so."

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers GENERATION ONE #6 Dreamwave Comics 2004 G1 Ongoing (CA) Figueroa"
Transformers GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLASTER + FLIGHT-PACK Transformers G1 Action Masters complete 1990 240109A"
NEW!
BLASTER + FLIGHT-P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HYPER STEEL MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023"
HYPER STEEL MEGATR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SIZZLE Transformers G1 Sparkabots complete still works Hasbro 1988 221120A"
NEW!
SIZZLE Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #10 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 SEP210478 10A (CA) Malkova"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BACK TO THE FUTURE #1 RI-A 1:10 IDW Comics 2020 AUG200530 1RIA"
TRANSFORMERS BACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #9 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 AUG210583 9A (CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT ROD Transformers The Movie G1 Retro reissue Walmart exclusive 2023 New"
HOT ROD Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETOUR Transformers G1 Micromasters Sports Car Patrol Hasbro 1989 220302A"
DETOUR Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 FEB210484 3RI (CA) Perez"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #5 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 APR210677 5RI (CA) Milne"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TOPSPIN Transformers G1 Jumpstarters D-A-R complete + box + more 1985 220807A"
NEW!
TOPSPIN Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOIST Transformers G1 Commemorative Series reissue complete 2003 221120A"
NEW!
HOIST Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #344 - Journey to the Pegs
Twincast / Podcast #344:
"Journey to the Pegs"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, February 24th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON