Alternate Head for Reveal the Shield G2 Optimus Prime

Alternate Head for Reveal the Shield G2 Optimus Prime

Wednesday, January 19th, 2011 9:46pm CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 48,769

It's become par for the course as of late for us to get our first look at future repaints from the original figure's instruction sheet. Earlier this week it was discovered that Reveal the Shield Wreck-Gar would in fact have a remolded Junkion head sometime down the road. Well this time around the future repaint isn't so apparent. Allspark.com member Code of Walky has uploaded a picture of the alternate head here. While most of us have speculated that G2 Optimus Prime would probably get repainted into Ultra Magnus or maybe even RID Scourge this new head is rather ambiguous and has an almost organic appearance. The image has been mirrored below.

Feel free to speculate on who this repaint will be in our forums!

Credit(s): Allspark.com member Code of Walky

This article was last modified on Wednesday, January 19th, 2011 10:27pm CST

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Alternate Head for Reveal the Shield G2 Optimus Prime (1171432)
Posted by WeatherManNX01 on January 19th, 2011 @ 9:52pm CST

But that would raise the question of having two characters released in the same year with the same name.
Re: Alternate Head for Reveal the Shield G2 Optimus Prime (1171434)
Posted by Galvatrondestroyer on January 19th, 2011 @ 9:55pm CST
that's....a interesting head sculpt
Re: Alternate Head for Reveal the Shield G2 Optimus Prime (1171435)
Posted by emeraldbeacon on January 19th, 2011 @ 9:56pm CST
Look at that headsculpt... then look at this.

While it's not the classical bucket-in-a-box look, the new head does seem to homage the original toy head for Motormaster. And the toy is already a semi truck that weilds a sword... seems like a pretty natural fit to me, IMHO.

And this certainly doesn't preclude the use of the mold to give us Scourge/Nemesis Prime or Toxitron at a later date, of course.
Re: Alternate Head for Reveal the Shield G2 Optimus Prime (1171436)
Posted by ShardFenix on January 19th, 2011 @ 9:58pm CST
the face looks decepticon to me. So I guess it will be Scourge(or more likely as he will be packaged Nemesis)

Motormaster would be sexy though. That would be a repaint i would buy.

And who is toxitron? all i ever saw was he was a proposed figure that was given the axe. and he looks hideous
Re: Alternate Head for Reveal the Shield G2 Optimus Prime (1171437)
Posted by harvester on January 19th, 2011 @ 10:00pm CST

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... /939/1/12/
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... rimal/964/
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... /964/1/10/
Re: Alternate Head for Reveal the Shield G2 Optimus Prime (1171438)
Posted by Galvatrondestroyer on January 19th, 2011 @ 10:00pm CST
emeraldbeacon wrote:Look at that headsculpt... then look at this.

Hm..that would be neat to see since we got a classics Drag Strip out of a previous mold so... I can believe in it
Re: Alternate Head for Reveal the Shield G2 Optimus Prime (1171439)
Posted by OptiMagnus on January 19th, 2011 @ 10:01pm CST
WeatherManNX01 wrote:My initial guess would be that they're trying to add a bit of character to Scourge.

I say this a lot: I highly doubt they'll call him Scourge if this is who he represents. He'd probably be another Nemesis Prime. They probably wouldn't release two toys of the same name so close to each other in order of release.
Re: Alternate Head for Reveal the Shield G2 Optimus Prime (1171443)
Posted by WeatherManNX01 on January 19th, 2011 @ 10:10pm CST
emeraldbeacon wrote:Look at that headsculpt... then look at this.

Oh...that would be brilliant. I can't believe I didn't even think of Motormaster. I just went to the remolds of Laser Prime.
Re: Alternate Head for Reveal the Shield G2 Optimus Prime (1171447)
Posted by Badassimus Prime on January 19th, 2011 @ 10:18pm CST
harvester wrote:Maybe Optimus Primal? the second pic looks kind of monkey like. Reminds me of the Cybertron/Galaxy Force Optimus Primal/Prime

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... /939/1/12/
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... rimal/964/
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... /964/1/10/

That's what I'm thinking as well. Probably Hasbro's way to tick off the "Truk not Munky!" crowd :lol:
Re: Alternate Head for Reveal the Shield G2 Optimus Prime (1171452)
Posted by ShardFenix on January 19th, 2011 @ 10:25pm CST
but why would they make a non-animal optimus primal, didnt they do cheetor in beast form not too long ago?
Re: Alternate Head for Reveal the Shield G2 Optimus Prime (1171458)
Posted by T-Macksimus on January 19th, 2011 @ 10:32pm CST
Has anyone bothered to entertain the notion that not all of these are getting recycled and that this may, in fact, just be a really crappy drawing/rendition of a head sculpt that had too much detail to be accurately rendered? I won't deny that it is a well done mold in terms of articulation and detail but I also have to say that I honestly don't see this mold being re-purposed for anything else. I think Hasbro has enough lined up for release over the next 1-2 years that I doubt they would even waste their time repainting this as Scourge. Turning it into Motor Master or Magnus would just be insulting to both the fans and the characters.
Re: Alternate Head for Reveal the Shield G2 Optimus Prime (1171471)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on January 19th, 2011 @ 10:53pm CST
Oh man.. When I saw the headline I thought we were getting a look at the upgrade kit that we saw the other night. If it's a RID Scourge, I'll buy it. Otherwise, I'll probably pass on it.
Re: Alternate Head for Reveal the Shield G2 Optimus Prime (1171474)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on January 19th, 2011 @ 10:55pm CST
Hmmmm interesting i have considered all possibility's and i think cybertron mode optimus primal =P~
Re: Alternate Head for Reveal the Shield G2 Optimus Prime (1171476)
Posted by Counterpunch on January 19th, 2011 @ 10:57pm CST
Optimus Minor?
Re: Alternate Head for Reveal the Shield G2 Optimus Prime (1171479)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on January 19th, 2011 @ 11:00pm CST
Motormaster seems like the best bet, but the face also reminds me of WFC Sentinel Prime.
Re: Alternate Head for Reveal the Shield G2 Optimus Prime (1171482)
Posted by Gandalf on January 19th, 2011 @ 11:02pm CST
My first thought was Sentinel or Zeta Prime.

I just hope this doesn't push back a Nemesis/Scourge repaint (which should have the original Optimus head).

I fully expect Hasbro to get at least one repaint out of this mold. It would be unusual for them not to. If they don't have a place for that repaint in the current Generations or Reveal the Shield line, then it will very likely be in the next incarnation of the Classics line. And I would be shocked if they don't go for the obvious, which is Scourge. It would be great to see Nemesis/Scourge on store shelves again, rather than a convention exclusive.
Re: Alternate Head for Reveal the Shield G2 Optimus Prime (1171483)
Posted by Starscream GaGa on January 19th, 2011 @ 11:03pm CST
Defs looks like Zeta Prime to me.
Re: Alternate Head for Reveal the Shield G2 Optimus Prime (1171486)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on January 19th, 2011 @ 11:09pm CST
Hmmmmm interesting maybe a cybertron mode optimus primal :D
Re: Alternate Head for Reveal the Shield G2 Optimus Prime (1171493)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 19th, 2011 @ 11:16pm CST
To me each head looked a little different. I have no idea who this could be, and I wonder even if we'll see this figure this year.
Re: Alternate Head for Reveal the Shield G2 Optimus Prime (1171494)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on January 19th, 2011 @ 11:18pm CST
Nacho Libre??

Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #261 - Ratchets, Tigers and Planes
"Ratchets, Tigers and Planes"
Posted: Sunday, October 11th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron Rewind & Sunder legends class 2 pack" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise RiD 2001 Cryotek MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BotBots Backpack Bunch 5-Pack Figures, Styles May Vary" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege GREENLIGHT & DAZZLESTRIKE MISB 2019 WFC-S15" on EBAY
Buy "????Playskool HASBRO Heroes TRANSFORMERS Rescue Bots Beam Box Game System Full Set" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Predacons Rising Beast Fire Predaking Target 2013" on EBAY
Buy "2016 SDCC Hasbro Transformers Evolution SOUNDWAVE Tablet Figure" on EBAY