Thursday, September 27th, 2018 11:06am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 14,479

Seibertron.com friend and concept artist Ken Christiansen has dropped us a line to let us know he's posted on his social media accounts some more toy concept art for the Transformers: The Last Knight toyline - specifically, the Infernocus set that was made exclusive to Toys R Us, which reused the Terrorcons molds with the addition of new torso bot Skulk, and a see through Quintessa non transforming character.

You can check both out below, including variants of the latter, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub discussion boards!

Concept art for the Skulk figure for the Toys R Us Infernocus Exclusive set, for the Transformers the Last Knight toyline. He's a mean looking one, nice change of pace from my regular Transformers work.

Commissioned in partnership with Hasbro, Inc. Copyright 2018

Transformers News: Concept Art for Skulk and Quintessa from Transformers: The Last Knight by Ken Christiansen

Concept art for the Quintessa pack in figure for the Toys R Us Infernocus Exclusive set, for the Transformers the Last Knight toyline. Swipe to see a few different versions.

Credit(s): Ken Christiansen

This article was last modified on Thursday, September 27th, 2018 12:53pm CDT

Re: Concept Art for Skulk and Quintessa from Transformers: The Last Knight by Ken Christiansen (1986383)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 27th, 2018 @ 11:30am CDT
Re: Concept Art for Skulk and Quintessa from Transformers: The Last Knight by Ken Christiansen (1986394)
Posted by Va'al on September 27th, 2018 @ 12:52pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Urm Va'al you said the set was exclusive to Target when it was a Toys r Us exclusive ;-)

Too many T shops. Fixed!
Re: Concept Art for Skulk and Quintessa from Transformers: The Last Knight by Ken Christiansen (1986397)
Posted by william-james88 on September 27th, 2018 @ 1:13pm CDT
Va'al wrote:

Too many T shops. Fixed!

Dont worry. The world heard your frustration over that and removed one from the US :lol:
Re: Concept Art for Skulk and Quintessa from Transformers: The Last Knight by Ken Christiansen (1986398)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on September 27th, 2018 @ 1:15pm CDT
I love this set! I would have preferred the axe to the swords he came with, but it's still neat!
Re: Concept Art for Skulk and Quintessa from Transformers: The Last Knight by Ken Christiansen (1986399)
Posted by Va'al on September 27th, 2018 @ 1:17pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Va'al wrote:

Too many T shops. Fixed!

Toys R Not US
Re: Concept Art for Skulk and Quintessa from Transformers: The Last Knight by Ken Christiansen (1997344)
Posted by RedShifter88 on December 6th, 2018 @ 11:43am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
NTESHFT wrote:Does he transform into anything. I don't recall him having an alt mode in the movie...

He turns into a lovely looking licensed Aston Martin and can fit TWO Titan Masters in the seats (thereby outdoing most Titan Returns figures at their own gimmick and doing it with a realistic alt-mode too).

I've had mine since last year and he's very nice and got some great detailing and such. Worth way more than that 10 bucks price so go snap him up while you can.

Re: Concept Art for Skulk and Quintessa from Transformers: The Last Knight by Ken Christiansen (1997387)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 6th, 2018 @ 4:58pm CST
RedShifter88 wrote:They just opened an Ollie's back in Mid-November this year. Up until then, I remembered Ollie's for advertising TR Trypticon - cheap. However, this Black Friday Ollie's ad, I saw a new find. TLK Premiere Deluxe Figures, for $6, and the picture was of Cogman! In my corner of southwestern PA, I saw no Cogman figures. Tons of TLK Wave 1 regular, and gimmick, figures stocked, and later, languishing on the pegs, along with the better-selling Transformers lines. So, I made it a point to run in there. TLK Drifts, Bumblebees, and Crosshairs were all well-represented, and I found an enormous volume of TLK Hot Rods (seriously thought about buying another for G1-esque repaint/kitbash). I even think I saw a couple Optimus Prime's, too. But, no Cogmans... :( When another collector expressed the same frustration, on Black Friday, at Ollie's, I said maybe they liked Cogman's more dynamic pose on his box art? Very disappointing...

As someone else who lives in south west PA, I feel your pain. But if it helps, the new Studio Series line is re-releasing Cogman with a new paint job here next year!
Re: Concept Art for Skulk and Quintessa from Transformers: The Last Knight by Ken Christiansen (1998839)
Posted by beastwarsbrah on December 14th, 2018 @ 2:15pm CST
I don't know if he's been spotted yet but I found legion dragonstorm at 5 below in Indiana along with some titan masters I didn't have
Re: Concept Art for Skulk and Quintessa from Transformers: The Last Knight by Ken Christiansen (1998909)
Posted by Nacelle on December 14th, 2018 @ 9:14pm CST
Re: Concept Art for Skulk and Quintessa from Transformers: The Last Knight by Ken Christiansen (1998913)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on December 14th, 2018 @ 9:23pm CST
Nacelle wrote:As someone who quite likes legion class figures, this (and even more so the line before) was real disappointing. The molds were mostly from TF Prime and thus looked nothing like the actual movie characters (like Stinger being a KnockOut repaint, Berserker being a Breakdown repaint, Barricade being a very bland Prowl repaint, Grimlock being rippersnapper, etc etc). I did hear the Megatron one from TLK was, I heard, a new mold along with some others.

Only Wave 1 and the exclusives (bar one) were redecos, the rest were all new. A list:

Wave 2
Megatron
Crosshairs
Autobot Drift

Wave 3
Autobot Hound
Dragonstorm

Originally Walmart Exclusive
Autobot Hot Rod

They can also be found at Ross if you look hard enough.
Re: Concept Art for Skulk and Quintessa from Transformers: The Last Knight by Ken Christiansen (2013593)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 5th, 2019 @ 6:50pm CST
So, do you guys remember that Universal Studios Deluxe Snarl Exclusive? Well, it appears as though this figure is the latest in the lineup of The Last Knight based figures to end up at the $7.99 pricepoint at Ross!

Thanks to Seibertronian Reluctantyouth, we have word that Snarl has hit Ross, showing up in Illinois for the very reasonable price of $7.99, which is pretty cheap considering his BBTS self is $19.99 and he is around $35 to $40 at Universal itself. This figure joins the Wave 3 and 4 The Last Knight toys to have hit stores like Ross, following in the footsteps of Bumblebee, Strafe, Crosshairs, Cogman, and others.

For those who might not remember, Snarl is a repaint of his Age of Extinction toy, now done in the similar sort of smokey gray that can be found in the other The Last Knight dinobots, attempting to be more screen accurate like Studio Series Grimlock (despite not showing up in the movie proper).

Check out the photos below, and let us know if you plan to hunt down this figure in the comments section below! And if you do find, him, why not share it in our Toy Haul Thread!

Re: Concept Art for Skulk and Quintessa from Transformers: The Last Knight by Ken Christiansen (2013603)
Posted by Ravage2031 on March 5th, 2019 @ 7:21pm CST
For me, that's a good find. Unfortunately no Ross's near me. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Concept Art for Skulk and Quintessa from Transformers: The Last Knight by Ken Christiansen (2013624)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 5th, 2019 @ 9:14pm CST
Re: Concept Art for Skulk and Quintessa from Transformers: The Last Knight by Ken Christiansen (2013632)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 5th, 2019 @ 9:31pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I already have the green Snarl, but... No, don't think even of double dipping, you still have the AoE lineup to finish! :BANG_HEAD:

What figures from AoE do you still need?
Re: Concept Art for Skulk and Quintessa from Transformers: The Last Knight by Ken Christiansen (2013633)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 5th, 2019 @ 9:31pm CST
I too have the green one, but for the others I got the Takara Black Knight redecos since (at the time) they were most movie-accurate versions.

Except for Grimlock. I missed out on his AOE Leader mold and instead got the Studio Series Leader when it came out later.

But since Snarl's all green while the others are black and gray, I just treat Snarl as a sort of permanent "Super Saiyan" kind of powered up dude.

Oh, and I did also get the normal blue version of Slash, but regretted that one enough to not care for the gray one released later. Blue Slash just stays in dino mode since its the less bad of the two modes and, well, Slash's odd colors are just written off as Slash simply being an odd one among the Dinobots.
Re: Concept Art for Skulk and Quintessa from Transformers: The Last Knight by Ken Christiansen (2013637)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 5th, 2019 @ 9:37pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:

I saw the TLK Grimlock on clearance at Target, passed on it since I wanted to get a golden one (the Evolution one preferably first). Ugh, this Snarl is making me regret that :lol:
Re: Concept Art for Skulk and Quintessa from Transformers: The Last Knight by Ken Christiansen (2013639)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 5th, 2019 @ 9:47pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I did get the Evolution 2-pack Voyager Grimlock too (which means I also got the sad Energon Grimlock redeco), but only because its deco looked the nicest at the time and there was no foreknowledge of the TLK Voyager redeco yet to come.
Re: Concept Art for Skulk and Quintessa from Transformers: The Last Knight by Ken Christiansen (2013683)
Posted by reluctantyouth on March 6th, 2019 @ 8:20am CST
Thanks so much for the highlight on main page. I have two ROSS within 10 minutes of me. Each ROSS had just (1) Snarl. If anyone lives in the Peoria, Illinois area...I left the one at ROSS out by Five Guys.

~Reluctantyouth~ :SG-BOTS:

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyager Class Megatron Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "????  NEW Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Trilogy “STARSCREAM” Voyager Class" on EBAY
Buy "Soundwave Sealed MISB MOSC Voyager War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Decepticon Shockwave Sealed MISB Leader War for Cybertron Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Sideswipe Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Red Alert Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Prowl Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Red Alert Figure" on EBAY