This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art

Transformers News: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art

Wednesday, December 7th, 2022 11:36AM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 36,852

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Transfomers Studio Series designer King Samlock is back to give us details on the designing process for the two Rise of the Beasts toys revealed yesterday. There was an assumption, way back before the film delay, that while the mainline toys would be based on preliminary concept art, the Studio Series toys would be of the finished models and that's not entirely the case. As you'll see below, was working with what they were given to make toys that should match what we see on screen but there was still some guesswork, making them not entirely accurate. Like Battletrap's missing engine block and adding stripes on Bumblebee's car mode.

The designer discusses how Battletrap, for instance, was designed based on concept art and we learn through the blurb accompanying Bumblebee that the toys and the film were worked on at the same time. Some of the most obvious differences are in the paint apps department where Hasbro provided more paint apps than needed for Bumblebee's car mode, having the stripes on the offroad Camaro continue onto the back. Here are the full notes below, enjoy!

SS-99 TF7 Rise of the Beasts Battletrap

“POWER IS PRIMAL”

This robot design is terrifying, and we absolutely love it. Making his live action debut in ROTB is Battletrap!

Based on a licensed wrecker body GMC C70, Battletrap’s vehicle mode features a blower out of the hood, and a menacing tow truck boom off the rear. When transformed into bot mode, he retains some of the awesome spiked brush guard on the chest, with an exposed engine block protruding out the center. The arms maintain portions of the wrecker crane, so that they can be utilized as melee weapons, and he features a large spiked wrecking ball that can be an extension of his arm. His head design is unlike anything that we’ve seen before in transformers, with a vented eye covering that looks a bit medical.

I was lucky enough to be able to partner with Yuya Onishi on this design, and he did an amazing job of delivering on both forms. This figure is a blast to transform, and features an huge range of articulation include waist and ankle tilt. His vehicle mode even features a functioning dually wheel setup in the rear.

The deco on Battletrap was a blast to put together, and delivers a color palette that is very break frame from our traditional movie villains. He gets some nice two toning on the grill, weathering on the crash bar, stripes down the side, and is complete with “Bernie’s Towing” on the door. The concept art depicted a lot of amber lighting from the cab interior for Battletrap, so we used a nice translucent orange on the windows and wrecker lights to accentuate the overall tone of the design. Overall this has to be one of the most exciting characters to come out of the trailer, and I am so excited to finally be able to share him with you!

NOTE: I won’t be sharing full Screen to Toy asset breakdowns prior to the films release out of respect to our studio partnerships.

What are your thoughts on ROTB Battletrap? Are you excited to see this new character on screen? What was your reaction to the trailer? Let’s hear about it below!


SS-100 TF7 Rise of the Beasts Bumblebee

“POWER IS PRIMAL”

What a perfect book end to the first one hundred studio series figures. Bumblebee’s debut as a 1977 Camaro from his appearance in the 2007 film being figure #001, and his modified off-road form of the 1977 Camaro in the 7th installment of the live action Transformers film for Rise of the Beasts being figure #100.

Despite sharing some visual similarities to the Camaro form factor, this release is 100% new tooling. The figure does an incredible job of evolving the on screen bot from The Bumblebee Film into an off-road capable, rollbar heavy, winch ready, over-fender wearing juggernaut the blazed an unbeaten path with Cheetor by his side.

Built by the legendary team at @hendrickperformance , this practical vehicle is absolutely insane. Every detail of this build was precision crafted to bring the conceptual car design to life.

Ittoku Kuwazu was such a wonderful design partner to have on this item, and did an amazing job of bringing this character to life. I tried to keep a good balance of paint on the vehicle mode, with some exciting color reveals as it was transformed into the robot mode. I tried to keep the rear of the vehicle as visually interesting as the front, with many of the new components shifting to the back of the Camaro, with additions of the rear louver panel, spoiler and the blacked out tailgate. Despite being developed at the same time as the film, i find these ROTB figures to be incredibly successful at replicating their on screen designs. Though I might have gone stripe heavy on this guy coming off of the Dark of the Moon deco.

NOTE: I won’t be sharing full Screen to Toy asset breakdowns prior to the films release out of respect to our studio partnerships.

What are your thoughts on ROTB Bumblebee? Are you amped to see him in the film? What was your reaction to the trailer? Let’s hear about it below


Transformers News: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art

Transformers News: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art

Transformers News: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art

Transformers News: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art

Transformers News: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art

Transformers News: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art

Transformers News: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art

Transformers News: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art

Transformers News: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art

Transformers News: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art

Transformers News: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art

Transformers News: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art

Transformers News: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art

Transformers News: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art

Transformers News: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art

Transformers News: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art

Transformers News: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art

Transformers News: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art

Transformers News: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art

Transformers News: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2150923)
Posted by DeathReviews on December 7th, 2022 @ 11:37am CST
Why wouldn't they make something that sells? That's just silly.


Oh it'll probably SELL. But I'm not getting one. Just more for the rest of you!
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2150926)
Posted by wolverinetodd on December 7th, 2022 @ 12:20pm CST
Overall I think the designs are great and I especially like Battletrap (and that's coming from a G1-er), which I might add to my collection.

My biggest gripe is their alt modes and the near lack of clearing underneath. I sort of wish the designers would either lower the wheels, make the wheels a hair bigger, or both. Or just make the wheels adjustable where they're lowered for alt mode, then raised for bot mode. I can't help but imagine these figures in their alt modes stuck on railroad tracks because of their extremely low undercarriage.
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2150929)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 7th, 2022 @ 12:47pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:Could we get a SS leader Scourge? Or will it be Prime with a trailer again?


Yes, we are getting a SS leader Scourge. The two leaders from the film will be Scourge and Primal.

Interestingly, there won't be a release of ROTB Optimus Prime in the mainline in 2023. So either we'll get one as some kind of exclusive or he'll come out later than the rest (or there simply won't be one, which I highly doubt).


Wait. Primal will be a LEADER?
I'm looking forward to see the size and complexity of the thing.
Especially when the Kingdom one is pretty damn fine as a voyager.


Yes, primal will be leader. Ready yourself for a voyager sized bot with accessories.


Urgh..... #-o
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2150931)
Posted by o.supreme on December 7th, 2022 @ 1:28pm CST
I remember a while ago, Hasbro talking about changing it's release strategy. Could this be the case with RotB SS? Neither is an exclusive, but they are being shipped in solid cases as opposed to assortment packs?

Also, I guess 94, 97, and 98 are still unknown at this time ?
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2150936)
Posted by william-james88 on December 7th, 2022 @ 2:20pm CST
o.supreme wrote:I remember a while ago, Hasbro talking about changing it's release strategy. Could this be the case with RotB SS? Neither is an exclusive, but they are being shipped in solid cases as opposed to assortment packs?

Also, I guess 94, 97, and 98 are still unknown at this time ?


Oh yeah, I remember. Though not sure how much of that carried through with the supply chain issues.
And yes, this could be part of those changes. I personally do not like solid cases, at least in an initial run, it adds to the complexity of distribution. Question for you, do you see Velocitron Hauler as much as Velocitron Override? Because those were sent to stores in solid cases and I wonder if it's been even for people.

Also, 94 is assumed to be Buzzworthy Bumblebee Hatchet.

DeathReviews wrote:
Why wouldn't they make something that sells? That's just silly.


Oh it'll probably SELL. But I'm not getting one. Just more for the rest of you!


Doesn't even need to be bought by any of us. While made with collectors in mind, the target market is still kids aged 8-10. And we saw with The last Knight that older fans arent needed to sell a deluxe Bumblebee figure, with that AOE redeco selling out two prduction runs without going to clearance.
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2150972)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 7th, 2022 @ 7:14pm CST
Love the extra info on Battletrap and Bee. Cannot wait to show my Dad Battletrap, that alt mode is highly regarded in my family.
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2150976)
Posted by Emerje on December 7th, 2022 @ 8:47pm CST
Interesting that Bumblebee was originally intended to have more gray/silver around his face, but they never intended for him to have the Autobot symbol on his head despite being on every single yellow SS Bumblebee figure to date and having it in ROTB.

ZeroWolf wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:Could we get a SS leader Scourge? Or will it be Prime with a trailer again?


Yes, we are getting a SS leader Scourge. The two leaders from the film will be Scourge and Primal.

Interestingly, there won't be a release of ROTB Optimus Prime in the mainline in 2023. So either we'll get one as some kind of exclusive or he'll come out later than the rest (or there simply won't be one, which I highly doubt).


Wait. Primal will be a LEADER?
I'm looking forward to see the size and complexity of the thing.
Especially when the Kingdom one is pretty damn fine as a voyager.


Yes, primal will be leader. Ready yourself for a voyager sized bot with accessories.

Like the transwarp key perhaps?

Maybe, but also more likely two swords, ball and chain, and some guns.

Emerje
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2150977)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on December 7th, 2022 @ 9:07pm CST
Battletrap still looks alright, but I'll probably be passing.
Bee looks almost too yellow, if that makes sense?

william-james88 wrote:Question for you, do you see Velocitron Hauler as much as Velocitron Override? Because those were sent to stores in solid cases and I wonder if it's been even for people.
I used to only see Hauler, but at some point recently they started getting Override as well and now have equal numbers of each.
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2150983)
Posted by Emerje on December 8th, 2022 @ 9:24am CST
About Battletrap, I get the impression from the trailer that his face glows like a G2 Cyberjet. I wonder if that's a late design change because I don't get that glowy impression at all from the toy design.

Emerje
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2151003)
Posted by o.supreme on December 8th, 2022 @ 12:41pm CST
william-james88 wrote:Question for you, do you see Velocitron Hauler as much as Velocitron Override? Because those were sent to stores in solid cases and I wonder if it's been even for people.


Excellent question. I can only speak for myself, but yes, I've seen Hauler & Override in about even quantities in every Walmart I've seen them at.

I know a few years can make a difference, however I think back to past Target exclusives such as SS Leadfoot, and ER Runabout. I would have thought those came in solid cases as well, but I only ever saw literally ONE of each of those ONE time. Either they were extremely popular, or...as some surmise, Target may have split full cases at distribution centers and only sent a couple to each store (I know from working at retail long ago retailers will also receive random boxes that had everything packed in from chewing gum to electronics, if it wasn't received as a solid case). Perhaps this was the case with those? Unlike current Buzzwothy items, where they very obviously get solid cases of Toy Deco Terrorsaur, Raw Chicken Dinobot etc... and just shelfwarm.
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2151006)
Posted by william-james88 on December 8th, 2022 @ 1:33pm CST
o.supreme wrote:Either they were extremely popular, or...as some surmise, Target may have split full cases at distribution centers and only sent a couple to each store (I know from working at retail long ago retailers will also receive random boxes that had everything packed in from chewing gum to electronics, if it wasn't received as a solid case). Perhaps this was the case with those? Unlike current Buzzwothy items, where they very obviously get solid cases of Toy Deco Terrorsaur, Raw Chicken Dinobot etc... and just shelfwarm.


That could very well be the case, sure. We know Walgreens does that, as does Gamestop. Target may do it for some of these toys sometimes too. But at least with exclusives, we know they are getting all the stock alloted to the US, whereas for these SS ones, those solid cases are further split between all the US retailers. We'll see. I think we'll be seeing movie toys in large amounts.
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2151062)
Posted by william-james88 on December 8th, 2022 @ 11:39pm CST
Just checking, while I know the latest studio series deluxes, Crosshairs and Hot Rod, have been released and quite a few of us have them, have they been found at US brick and mortar retail?
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2151063)
Posted by First-Aid on December 8th, 2022 @ 11:43pm CST
william-james88 wrote:Just checking, while I know the latest studio series deluxes, Crosshairs and Hot Rod, have been released and quite a few of us have them, have they been found at US brick and mortar retail?


What is this "brick and mortar retail" you speak of? I know not what you are talking about...only thing I have up here is pine trees, deer, turkeys, bald eagles, and a couple random black bears wandering around. Just don't startle the bear. They really do sh!t in the woods, and lemme tell ya...like Mini-Cooper sized...don't know they've been eating....
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2151074)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on December 9th, 2022 @ 12:26am CST
william-james88 wrote:Just checking, while I know the latest studio series deluxes, Crosshairs and Hot Rod, have been released and quite a few of us have them, have they been found at US brick and mortar retail?


I actually didn’t even see the wave before this one at retail. I’ve heard the Fallen was sighted at retail but haven’t heard anything about Crosshairs or Hot Rod.
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2151085)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 9th, 2022 @ 5:08am CST
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Just checking, while I know the latest studio series deluxes, Crosshairs and Hot Rod, have been released and quite a few of us have them, have they been found at US brick and mortar retail?


I actually didn’t even see the wave before this one at retail. I’ve heard the Fallen was sighted at retail but haven’t heard anything about Crosshairs or Hot Rod.


The only news I got from those two is that they will be out in months at online stores. >:oP
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2151088)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on December 9th, 2022 @ 6:33am CST
In the US, Target seems to be on the Sidways/Bee/Arcee wave and Walmart keeps putting out the Ironhide/Wheeljack/Arcee/Perceptor wave.
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2151094)
Posted by william-james88 on December 9th, 2022 @ 8:46am CST
TF-fan kev777 wrote:In the US, Target seems to be on the Sidways/Bee/Arcee wave and Walmart keeps putting out the Ironhide/Wheeljack/Arcee/Perceptor wave.


Thanks!
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2151304)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on December 10th, 2022 @ 7:04pm CST
Just a small update for Crosshairs, I realized that I forgot to add the striping on the right shin. Fixed that up real quick and got some new pictures!

Crosshairs bot 4.jpg


Also working on Hot Rod, but the thin orange lines on the tires have been very tricky to get down.
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2151860)
Posted by william-james88 on December 16th, 2022 @ 2:01pm CST
A few people have the upcoming Transformers Rise of the Beasts toys. One of them is Brett Rothe who posted this video of voyager Battletrap on Youtube. It is not an extensive review but it does show the transformation for those curious.

Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2151868)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on December 16th, 2022 @ 2:36pm CST
Still on the fence about Battletrap, but he does look pretty cool. Love that head sculpt in bot mode!

I've had Clunker Bee on my desk more after the reveal of SS-100, and I gotta say I really like him! It does have the thin forearms carried over from the TLK mold, but other than that it's a very solid figure. At least once the roof is pinned, anyway xD

That leads me into a question for everyone, what's your favorite Bumblebee in Studio Series? I have to go with DOTM Bee, although there's a lot of great ones. All of the SS-49 molds (49/74/87) are excellent, Clunker Bee is cool, and Jeep Bee is very fun as well!

76 and DOTM Bee bot IG.jpg

76 and DOTM Bee alt 2.jpg
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2151872)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 16th, 2022 @ 3:19pm CST
This.

Was.

Inevitable.

Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2151875)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on December 16th, 2022 @ 3:52pm CST
He has more of a Generations vibe and aesthetic than Bayverse.
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2151878)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 16th, 2022 @ 4:03pm CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:He has more of a Generations vibe and aesthetic than Bayverse.


My observation too.

It's only flaw are those tow kibbles on his arms but it's no dealbreaker. Looks pretty sweet and fun overall.
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2151887)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on December 16th, 2022 @ 6:04pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:He has more of a Generations vibe and aesthetic than Bayverse.


My observation too.

It's only flaw are those tow kibbles on his arms but it's no dealbreaker. Looks pretty sweet and fun overall.
He does. I meant what I said as a positive, I wholly prefer Generations style over regular Bayverse, even with SS cranking out some great-looking pieces.

Now, for possible Battletrap repaints. Green, Hoist? Blue and white, Towline? Any others?
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2151897)
Posted by Emerje on December 16th, 2022 @ 8:08pm CST
Aside from the head it reminds me of Legacy Evolution Scraphook (and not because they're both wreckers). But I also think the design is on par with Dropkick, Shatter and Blitzwing from the previous movie so it still has a movie feel to me.

Emerje
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2151916)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 17th, 2022 @ 10:39am CST
FINALLY.

It needed a 50$can upgrade kit to have the PERFECT '07 Megatron. It shouldn't have been needed from the start.

20221217_113204.jpg


20221217_113215.jpg
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2151921)
Posted by M. Spector on December 17th, 2022 @ 11:43am CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:FINALLY.

It needed a 50$can upgrade kit to have the PERFECT '07 Megatron. It shouldn't have been needed from the start.

Snip




I got the DNA kit for DoTM Shockwave and that's pretty how I felt about him. I do adore my 07 Megatron, even if his chest is a reuse and he doesn't have a cannon arm. The shelf presence the toy has is fantastic and both modes are fun and satisfying. Glad you finally reached nirvana with him :lol:
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2151927)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 17th, 2022 @ 2:19pm CST
Regarding favorite SS Bee, I think the 2007 deluxe is my favorite, I love that toy a lot!

"Time to lay some hate hahahahaha"

Image
Image
Image
Image
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2151931)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 17th, 2022 @ 2:34pm CST
M. Spector wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:FINALLY.

It needed a 50$can upgrade kit to have the PERFECT '07 Megatron. It shouldn't have been needed from the start.

Snip




I got the DNA kit for DoTM Shockwave and that's pretty how I felt about him. I do adore my 07 Megatron, even if his chest is a reuse and he doesn't have a cannon arm. The shelf presence the toy has is fantastic and both modes are fun and satisfying. Glad you finally reached nirvana with him :lol:



I also love the fact that the gun fill the gap in vehicle mode. I forgot just how HUGE that spaceship is. That voyager is a TRUE voyager. Meaning it have the mass and size of old voyagers.

20221217_132424.jpg
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2151942)
Posted by william-james88 on December 17th, 2022 @ 9:03pm CST
This is more of a fun article than anything else, but this is a very random occurrence, so why not give it a random article? A fan in the Philippines went to a mall kiosk/shop which sells loose transformers from years past. And low and behold, they were selling a loose Studio Series Airazor from the Rise of the Beasts film. What this means is that these figures are out in the wild, probably unboxed, but plentiful enough to end up there randomly. It is odd that this figure is so prevalent in the world and yet is not up for preorder yet while (assumed wavemate) Bumblebee is.

This was found by Avant Garde Plata at Megatrade Hall 3 in SM Megamall.

Image
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2151949)
Posted by RotorstormNZ on December 17th, 2022 @ 10:19pm CST
Every so often this site comes up with something that tells me I need a friend in the Philippines! How cool!
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2151953)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on December 18th, 2022 @ 2:14am CST
Is that the WFC Prime we’ve been hearing about?!
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2151954)
Posted by cloudballoon on December 18th, 2022 @ 2:25am CST
Stormshot_Prime wrote:Is that the WFC Prime we’ve been hearing about?!


Doubt it. I painted my Deluxe WFC Prime so I can't tell from the paint apps, but the size of it and its transformation joints tell me it's the old toy.
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2151958)
Posted by Emerje on December 18th, 2022 @ 8:54am CST
Stormshot_Prime wrote:Is that the WFC Prime we’ve been hearing about?!

It's the one from the Tribute 2 pack with Orion Pax.

Image

Emerje
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2151987)
Posted by Overcracker on December 18th, 2022 @ 1:55pm CST
That is not the new WFC prime. Its the old one.

Emerje wrote:
Stormshot_Prime wrote:Is that the WFC Prime we’ve been hearing about?!

It's the one from the Tribute 2 pack with Orion Pax.

Image

Emerje


That set was all over te the place. A Game design, with a Generations TR Kup desing, and a movie Prime artwork on the box. Kinda weird.
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2151992)
Posted by william-james88 on December 18th, 2022 @ 2:23pm CST
We have a video review for Transformers Studio Series Rise of the Beasts deluxe Bumblebee. This is how Bumblebee will look like in the second half of the film when he turns his Camaro alt mode into an offroad mode when the Autobots get to Peru. It comes to us from Prime vs Prime. Let us know what you think!

Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2151994)
Posted by LinaNui on December 18th, 2022 @ 2:36pm CST
I am looking forward to that new Bee. I've already got a whole shelf cleared for the RotB figures! I really can not wait to see Scourge.
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2151995)
Posted by DeathReviews on December 18th, 2022 @ 2:36pm CST
Mixed feelings about this figure based on the premise under which it was concocted for the movie. I kind of remember the Bayverse franchise saying they didn't want to do massforming because 'it wasn't realistic'. But their transformers seem able to flexibly and dynamically tweak their alt modes completely on whim. In the 2007 move, Bumblebee just suddenly decides, 'OK I'm going to go from 70s Camero to 2007 Camero just by turning around in this TUNNEL'. Now all his armor plating and inner mechanisms can just squirm around dynamically so he can go from normal car to off-road car when it's convenient?

They need to have limits on that sort of behavior to make it more palatable as a movie gimmick. You can't just have them reformat from one alt mode to another so easily - otherwise, why not just make them ALL like AoE Galvatron, composed of flying nanites that can become anything at any time?
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2152000)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 18th, 2022 @ 2:51pm CST
LinaNui wrote:I am looking forward to that new Bee. I've already got a whole shelf cleared for the RotB figures! I really can not wait to see Scourge.


I'm annoyed that it still has visible-arms-syndrome again, but it still look nice all over and seems to be more fun to handle than the previous Bees.
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2152001)
Posted by william-james88 on December 18th, 2022 @ 2:52pm CST
DeathReviews wrote:Mixed feelings about this figure based on the premise under which it was concocted for the movie. I kind of remember the Bayverse franchise saying they didn't want to do massforming because 'it wasn't realistic'. But their transformers seem able to flexibly and dynamically tweak their alt modes completely on whim. In the 2007 move, Bumblebee just suddenly decides, 'OK I'm going to go from 70s Camero to 2007 Camero just by turning around in this TUNNEL'. Now all his armor plating and inner mechanisms can just squirm around dynamically so he can go from normal car to off-road car when it's convenient?


The Bumblebee film basically rewrote everything on that with Bee going from a Cybertronian car, to a jeep to a VW Beetle to a 70s Camaro. So a slight change from a 70s Camaro to an 70s Camaro with different tires and some racks seems tame by comparison.
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2152003)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 18th, 2022 @ 3:04pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
DeathReviews wrote:Mixed feelings about this figure based on the premise under which it was concocted for the movie. I kind of remember the Bayverse franchise saying they didn't want to do massforming because 'it wasn't realistic'. But their transformers seem able to flexibly and dynamically tweak their alt modes completely on whim. In the 2007 move, Bumblebee just suddenly decides, 'OK I'm going to go from 70s Camero to 2007 Camero just by turning around in this TUNNEL'. Now all his armor plating and inner mechanisms can just squirm around dynamically so he can go from normal car to off-road car when it's convenient?


The Bumblebee film basically rewrote everything on that with Bee going from a Cybertronian car, to a jeep to a VW Beetle to a 70s Camaro. So a slight change from a 70s Camaro to an 70s Camaro with different tires and some racks seems tame by comparison.
Plus, TLK completely broke all of the rules by having Bumblebee just reassemble himself after being literally blown to bits, when everyone else that happened to in the previous movies just instantly died and stayed dead. >:oP
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2152007)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 18th, 2022 @ 3:08pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Plus, TLK completely broke all of the rules by having Bumblebee just reassemble himself after being literally blown to bits, when everyone else that happened to in the previous movies just instantly died and stayed dead. >:oP


Maybe Bee injected himself with that "Transformium" juice from AoE that allow the :CON: to disintegrate and reassemble themselves to "transform". :-?
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2152014)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 18th, 2022 @ 4:48pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Plus, TLK completely broke all of the rules by having Bumblebee just reassemble himself after being literally blown to bits, when everyone else that happened to in the previous movies just instantly died and stayed dead. >:oP


Maybe Bee injected himself with that "Transformium" juice from AoE that allow the :CON: to disintegrate and reassemble themselves to "transform". :-?
"Transformium" was just KSI's focus-grouped name for the stuff that all Cybertronians (including Bumblebee) are already made of. The robots built by KSI could pixelate their transformations because they were programmed to transform like that.
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2152017)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 18th, 2022 @ 5:03pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Plus, TLK completely broke all of the rules by having Bumblebee just reassemble himself after being literally blown to bits, when everyone else that happened to in the previous movies just instantly died and stayed dead. >:oP


Maybe Bee injected himself with that "Transformium" juice from AoE that allow the :CON: to disintegrate and reassemble themselves to "transform". :-?
"Transformium" was just KSI's focus-grouped name for the stuff that all Cybertronians (including Bumblebee) are already made of. The robots built by KSI could pixelate their transformations because they were programmed to transform like that.


Who care what's it's called and where that come from. It could be flour mixed with 9V batteries shoved into the bot's ass it would still be the same bullshiit. I obviously meant that Bee took notes that allow him to go full Waspinator.
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2152021)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 18th, 2022 @ 6:28pm CST
The Movie Megs display is almost done (even if it's a bit crowded.)

Now all I need is a SS TLK Megs (hopefully a leader) and MPM ROTF Megs (or a proper MP style 3P version not that SS oversized KO.). Then it will be complete.

20221218_192123.jpg
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2152111)
Posted by Mkdlmr on December 20th, 2022 @ 5:53am CST
Any idea if there will be a Reissue of Studio Series 86 Grimlock?
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2152112)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 20th, 2022 @ 6:07am CST
Mkdlmr wrote:Any idea if there will be a Reissue of Studio Series 86 Grimlock?


No news yet and unless they continue the AoE Dinobots, I don't think it will ever happen.

But if you don't mind, that Grimlock got an improved oversized KO and it's the same price as a MSRP leader. Hunt it down on eBay or AliExpress. The scale will also be better with the SS toys.
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2152113)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 20th, 2022 @ 7:01am CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Mkdlmr wrote:Any idea if there will be a Reissue of Studio Series 86 Grimlock?


No news yet and unless they continue the AoE Dinobots, I don't think it will ever happen.

But if you don't mind, that Grimlock got an improved oversized KO and it's the same price as a MSRP leader. Hunt it down on eBay or AliExpress. The scale will also be better with the SS toys.

I think they mean the G1 grimlock figure not the AoE one.

If you don't care too much about colours there is rumours of a G2 Grimlock release next year but nothing about a Reissue
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2152114)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 20th, 2022 @ 7:03am CST
ZeroWolf wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Mkdlmr wrote:Any idea if there will be a Reissue of Studio Series 86 Grimlock?


No news yet and unless they continue the AoE Dinobots, I don't think it will ever happen.

But if you don't mind, that Grimlock got an improved oversized KO and it's the same price as a MSRP leader. Hunt it down on eBay or AliExpress. The scale will also be better with the SS toys.

I think they mean the G1 grimlock figure not the AoE one.

If you don't care too much about colours there is rumours of a G2 Grimlock release next year but nothing about a Reissue


I just can't read. :HEADHURTS:

For SS86 Grimlock, chances for a reissue are high.
Re: Designer Notes on Studio Series ROTB Figures Describe the Process of Working from Concept Art (2152115)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 20th, 2022 @ 7:07am CST
If it were to happen, I'd say it would be near the release of ss86 swoop

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars BOUNTY HUNTERS #22 Traitor Marvel Comics 2022 FEB221028 (CA) Renaud"
Star Wars BOUNTY H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars DOCTOR APHRA #15 Marvel Comics 2021 AUG211254 (CA) Pichelli (W) Wong"
Star Wars DOCTOR A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars HYPERSPACE STORIES #11 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics SEP231184 11B (CA) Nord"
Star Wars HYPERSPA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Trek DAY OF BLOOD #1 Cvr G 1:50 IDW Comics MAY231384 1G Johnson 231010S"
Star Trek DAY OF B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars DOCTOR APHRA #21 Lucasfilm Marvel Comics 2022 MAR221111 (CA) Sprouse"
Star Wars DOCTOR A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR WARS #12 Marvel Comics 2021 JAN210707 (W) Soule (A) Rosanas (CA) Pagulayan"
STAR WARS #12 Marv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars CRIMSON REIGN #3 Enemies Dawn Marvel Comics 2022 JAN220996 (CA) Crain"
Star Wars CRIMSON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR WARS ADVENTURES #10 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 APR210656 10RI *ERROR VERSION*"
STAR WARS ADVENTUR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #6 Cvr H 1:10 Dynamite Comics 2023 MAR230500 6H (CA) Nakayama"
GARGOYLES #6 Cvr H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #10 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney JUL230328 10B (CA) Parrillo"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #10 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #67 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 SEP231272 67A (CA) Arq"
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #64 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 JUN231446 64B (CA) Hernandez"
NEW!
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK YEAR FIVE #14 IDW Comics 2020 MAR200764 (CA) Thompson"
STAR TREK YEAR FIV ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK DEFIANT #10 Cvr E 1:25 IDW Comics 2023 OCT231339 10E (CA) Lendl"
STAR TREK DEFIANT ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #343 - In the Future Year 2000
Twincast / Podcast #343:
"In the Future Year 2000"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, February 10th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations, Platinum Edition, One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure" on AMAZON