This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Encore 18 is Skids

Transformers News: Encore 18 is Skids

Saturday, July 4th, 2009 11:44PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: GetterDragun   Views: 13,653

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

TakaraTomy has released information that the next figure in the Encore series is none other than Skids. Could a movie green E-Hobby version of Skids be soon to follow? Does it really take 3 licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop? The world may never know.
Credit(s): It Is Him

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Encore 18 is Skids (948496)
Posted by Mkall on July 5th, 2009 @ 12:50am CDT
Neat, not interested!
Re: Encore 18 is Skids (948503)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 5th, 2009 @ 1:01am CDT
Sweet, I don't have Skids yet. I'm buying it!
Re: Encore 18 is Skids (948527)
Posted by Cybertronian on July 5th, 2009 @ 3:02am CDT
If the eHobby version is a bright green Skids, does this mean he'll be paired with a Red version of the Honda City (regular or S; Crosscut), as a Mudflap homage?
As much I (as an African-American) hate references to the "Ghettobots" (as my equally black best friend calls them; my insult was... not a good word), I might have to consider picking one or both of them up. At least there's no gold tooth or "soul patch"...

(Also, if you disagree with my qualms on the twins, save it for another thread. This one is purely meant to ask if we're getting a green Skids and red Crosscut.)
-- Cybertronian. :BOT:

P.S.: Is it a crime for me to want Encore 19 or 20 to be THUNDERWING?!? To make him look different, you can even detail his outer shell's eyes and mouth. I'd want red eyes on the inner robot, but don't lose sleep on that detail. (As a consolation, I'd accept a Henkei version repainted from Ramjet. I know how to bring T-Wing's color scheme out perfectly.)
Re: Encore 18 is Skids (948590)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 5th, 2009 @ 7:53am CDT
Cybertronian wrote:P.S.: Is it a crime for me to want Encore 19 or 20 to be THUNDERWING?!? To make him look different, you can even detail his outer shell's eyes and mouth. I'd want red eyes on the inner robot, but don't lose sleep on that detail. (As a consolation, I'd accept a Henkei version repainted from Ramjet. I know how to bring T-Wing's color scheme out perfectly.)
If the Thunderwing mold does make it into the Enocre line, it won't be as "Thunderwing". It would more likely be as Black Shadow.
Re: Encore 18 is Skids (948619)
Posted by ChrisR291 on July 5th, 2009 @ 9:17am CDT
again? I wish Takara would leave G1 and Reissue Liokaiser, Star Saber, Overlord.... etc! Give us a chance to grab something we have never had before
Re: Encore 18 is Skids (948622)
Posted by Firebird on July 5th, 2009 @ 9:27am CDT
ChrisR291 wrote:again? I wish Takara would leave G1 and Reissue Liokaiser, Star Saber, Overlord.... etc! Give us a chance to grab something we have never had before

This
Re: Encore 18 is Skids (948651)
Posted by Flux Convoy on July 5th, 2009 @ 10:22am CDT
Any word on if anything is different for the Encore release? I already have the TFC reissue. I don't need two if nothing is different or better.
:BOT:
Re: Encore 18 is Skids (948657)
Posted by It Is Him on July 5th, 2009 @ 10:35am CDT
Firebird wrote:
ChrisR291 wrote:again? I wish Takara would leave G1 and Reissue Liokaiser, Star Saber, Overlord.... etc! Give us a chance to grab something we have never had before

This


They'd have to reissue quite a lot combiners and cityformers before TakaraTomy releases those three. I wouldn't be surprised if Trypticon was next... and then eventually Scorponok and Fort Max before we see an Overlord reissue.

Personally, I'd like a Trainbots reissue before anything else. But that probably won't happen.
Re: Encore 18 is Skids (948719)
Posted by Zeds on July 5th, 2009 @ 1:47pm CDT
He has been done so many times already but hey I am glad that Encore is continuing as a line. Bring 'em on!
Re: Encore 18 is Skids (948724)
Posted by Chaoslock on July 5th, 2009 @ 2:00pm CDT
It Is Him wrote:
Firebird wrote:
ChrisR291 wrote:again? I wish Takara would leave G1 and Reissue Liokaiser, Star Saber, Overlord.... etc! Give us a chance to grab something we have never had before

This


They'd have to reissue quite a lot combiners and cityformers before TakaraTomy releases those three. I wouldn't be surprised if Trypticon was next... and then eventually Scorponok and Fort Max before we see an Overlord reissue.

Personally, I'd like a Trainbots reissue before anything else. But that probably won't happen.


I'm hoping for Black Zarak...

But does somebody know which G1 figures weren't released in Japan in the time of G1? Skylynx was such, and he was released amongst the first waves of Encores, so I think non-Japan figures could have priority.
Re: Encore 18 is Skids (948733)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on July 5th, 2009 @ 2:18pm CDT
Chaoslock wrote:
It Is Him wrote:
Firebird wrote:
ChrisR291 wrote:again? I wish Takara would leave G1 and Reissue Liokaiser, Star Saber, Overlord.... etc! Give us a chance to grab something we have never had before

This


They'd have to reissue quite a lot combiners and cityformers before TakaraTomy releases those three. I wouldn't be surprised if Trypticon was next... and then eventually Scorponok and Fort Max before we see an Overlord reissue.

Personally, I'd like a Trainbots reissue before anything else. But that probably won't happen.


I'm hoping for Black Zarak...

But does somebody know which G1 figures weren't released in Japan in the time of G1? Skylynx was such, and he was released amongst the first waves of Encores, so I think non-Japan figures could have priority.


It goes without saying that all of the "borrowed" molds from Bandai and others never made it into Transformers either, except for Shockwave. Sky Lynx and Omega Supreme were happy accidents as Tomy held the copyright over the molds at the time (from a take-over I'm guessing), plus they were in the show. ;) Count Jetfire out by the way.

Just for the record, after the Headmasters series Takara really went their own way with the toys, making them into separate characters, repainted or not, and remolding others. In short, only these from the "Master" era were released mold-wise:

- All Powermasters
- All Headmasters, even the smaller ones.
- All Targetmasters, but not the Double Targetmasters
- 6 of the regular Pretenders: Landmine, Cloudburst, Waverider, Bomb-Burst, Submarauder and Skullgrin
- 2 of the Mega Pretenders, Thunderwing and Crossblades, remolded into Black Shadow and Blue Bacchus

Everything else was unreleased over there.
Re: Encore 18 is Skids (948772)
Posted by Gutter Bunny on July 5th, 2009 @ 4:20pm CDT
i'll pick skids up since i don't have him yet...but he's very low priority.

Perhaps it's wishful thinking but perhaps they are saving a great reissue such as black zarak or overlord for number 20...

we can dream

we can cry ourselves to sleep when it doesn't happen.
Re: Encore 18 is Skids (948886)
Posted by Bumblebeast on July 5th, 2009 @ 9:17pm CDT
I want this skids ! =P~
Re: Encore 18 is Skids (948892)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 5th, 2009 @ 9:32pm CDT
If BlackZarak ever gets rereleased, he better have gold paint instead of gold plastic. I highly doubt anyone would want another case of Gold Plastic Syndrome.
Re: Encore 18 is Skids (948941)
Posted by ChrisR291 on July 6th, 2009 @ 12:19am CDT
It Is Him wrote:
Firebird wrote:
ChrisR291 wrote:again? I wish Takara would leave G1 and Reissue Liokaiser, Star Saber, Overlord.... etc! Give us a chance to grab something we have never had before

This


They'd have to reissue quite a lot combiners and cityformers before TakaraTomy releases those three. I wouldn't be surprised if Trypticon was next... and then eventually Scorponok and Fort Max before we see an Overlord reissue.

Personally, I'd like a Trainbots reissue before anything else. But that probably won't happen.



I don't think you really have to go down the list? How did we get Predaking before Devastator/Bruticus/Menasor... etc...

Hasn't some victory toys already been reissues? Like landcross.
Re: Encore 18 is Skids (948963)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 6th, 2009 @ 1:23am CDT
ChrisR291 wrote:
It Is Him wrote:
Firebird wrote:
ChrisR291 wrote:again? I wish Takara would leave G1 and Reissue Liokaiser, Star Saber, Overlord.... etc! Give us a chance to grab something we have never had before

This


They'd have to reissue quite a lot combiners and cityformers before TakaraTomy releases those three. I wouldn't be surprised if Trypticon was next... and then eventually Scorponok and Fort Max before we see an Overlord reissue.

Personally, I'd like a Trainbots reissue before anything else. But that probably won't happen.



I don't think you really have to go down the list? How did we get Predaking before Devastator/Bruticus/Menasor... etc...

Hasn't some victory toys already been reissues? Like landcross.
Yeah, but only Landcross. As part of the Micromaster Collection (which is kinda funny since none of his components have ever been considered Micromasters).

However, the Brainmasters who form Road Caesar were rereleased and redecoed as the Motovators in Europe during late G1 in 1991, but could not combine since they lacked the necessary combiner kibble.

In addition, four of the six Brestforce members who form Liokaiser were also redecoed into the Autobot Recuse Force in Europe in 1992. But they were nameless this time. They did still retain their ability to combine, but the combined form looks silly as it's just a big armless bot with no true head (Gaihawk, Hellbat, and the helmet that forms the head werenot included). So there's really no point to combine these four.
Re: Encore 18 is Skids (949061)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 6th, 2009 @ 7:49am CDT
Cybertronian wrote:(Also, if you disagree with my qualms on the twins, save it for another thread. This one is purely meant to ask if we're getting a green Skids and red Crosscut.)
-- Cybertronian. :BOT:


Then don't bring it up to begin with next time.
Re: Encore 18 is Skids (949129)
Posted by GuyIncognito on July 6th, 2009 @ 10:09am CDT
I'll buy it. I still have my original G1 Skids, but he's in really bad shape, literally falling apart.
Re: Encore 18 is Skids (949182)
Posted by Dagon on July 6th, 2009 @ 11:25am CDT
Boo!
Hiss!
Re: Encore 18 is Skids (949203)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 6th, 2009 @ 12:00pm CDT
Dagon wrote:Boo!
Hiss!


Yea...worst Autobot Car from that Diaclone line up.

Skids is really awful, even by G1 standards.
Re: Encore 18 is Skids (949238)
Posted by It Is Him on July 6th, 2009 @ 12:58pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
ChrisR291 wrote:
It Is Him wrote:
Firebird wrote:
ChrisR291 wrote:again? I wish Takara would leave G1 and Reissue Liokaiser, Star Saber, Overlord.... etc! Give us a chance to grab something we have never had before

This


They'd have to reissue quite a lot combiners and cityformers before TakaraTomy releases those three. I wouldn't be surprised if Trypticon was next... and then eventually Scorponok and Fort Max before we see an Overlord reissue.

Personally, I'd like a Trainbots reissue before anything else. But that probably won't happen.



I don't think you really have to go down the list? How did we get Predaking before Devastator/Bruticus/Menasor... etc...

Hasn't some victory toys already been reissues? Like landcross.
Yeah, but only Landcross. As part of the Micromaster Collection (which is kinda funny since none of his components have ever been considered Micromasters).

However, the Brainmasters who form Road Caesar were rereleased and redecoed as the Motovators in Europe during late G1 in 1991, but could not combine since they lacked the necessary combiner kibble.

In addition, four of the six Brestforce members who form Liokaiser were also redecoed into the Autobot Recuse Force in Europe in 1992. But they were nameless this time. They did still retain their ability to combine, but the combined form looks silly as it's just a big armless bot with no true head (Gaihawk, Hellbat, and the helmet that forms the head werenot included). So there's really no point to combine these four.


Just to add to this...

Predaking, Sixshot, and Powermaster Prime were reissued outside the TFC and Encore lines. Encore seems so far seems to be reissuing most of the toys chronologically. Starscream before the other seekers, Omega Supreme before Mextroplex. Etc.
Re: Encore 18 is Skids (949258)
Posted by Dagon on July 6th, 2009 @ 1:18pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
Dagon wrote:Boo!
Hiss!


Yea...worst Autobot Car from that Diaclone line up.

Skids is really awful, even by G1 standards.



Ain't that the truth. Oh well, at least Encore is still alive and well. That's the real good news here.
Re: Encore 18 is Skids (949521)
Posted by Flux Convoy on July 6th, 2009 @ 7:31pm CDT
Dagon wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:
Dagon wrote:Boo!
Hiss!


Yea...worst Autobot Car from that Diaclone line up.

Skids is really awful, even by G1 standards.



Ain't that the truth. Oh well, at least Encore is still alive and well. That's the real good news here.

Aw, I kinda like Skids. He isn't great, but hes no worse than most of the earlier G1. Still, like you, I'm pretty stoked that Encore is continuing too. I'd prefer to see molds we haven't gotten already within the last five years though.
:BOT:
Re: Encore 18 is Skids (949747)
Posted by Cybertronian on July 6th, 2009 @ 11:42pm CDT
Cybertronian wrote:If the eHobby version is a bright green Skids, does this mean he'll be paired with a Red version of the Honda City (regular or S; Crosscut), as a Mudflap homage?
As much I (as an African-American) hate references to the "Ghettobots" (as my equally black best friend calls them; my insult was... not a good word), I might have to consider picking one or both of them up. At least there's no gold tooth or "soul patch"...

(Also, if you disagree with my qualms on the twins, save it for another thread. This one is purely meant to ask if we're getting a green Skids and red Crosscut.)
-- Cybertronian. :BOT:

P.S.: Is it a crime for me to want Encore 19 or 20 to be THUNDERWING?!? To make him look different, you can even detail his outer shell's eyes and mouth. I'd want red eyes on the inner robot, but don't lose sleep on that detail. (As a consolation, I'd accept a Henkei version repainted from Ramjet. I know how to bring T-Wing's color scheme out perfectly.)


I guess Skids would be neat, considering the only version produced in G1 in Japan was a short-run 3-pack of "American exclusives", the 2nd of which (Buzzsaw) being re-released with Soundblaster. Since the American re-release came months after the TF Collection one, many people, myself included (having TF Collection #3) would be 'Skids'ed-out, and only looking forward to special edition repaints. On the other hand, if someone does me a favor, and recreates the Diaclone stripe decals -- only this time matching Skids's "Chevy Astro" stripe, I'd be happy to look into it.
(For reference, the DW artist who did the Collection box keeps the light gray and red stripe going up to his turn signal, the same as the yellow Diaclone one was decaled. On TF versions, the stripe is cut off at the door hinge, even though part of the yellow original stripe is still printed on the turn signals' decals.)
Just the same, I'd still find myself wanting more unique reissues, such as Sunstreaker (or Tigertrack branded as Sunstreaker), Wheeljack, Mirage, Thunderwing, or Overlord.
Re: Encore 18 is Skids (949805)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 7th, 2009 @ 1:33am CDT
Cybertronian wrote:
Cybertronian wrote:If the eHobby version is a bright green Skids, does this mean he'll be paired with a Red version of the Honda City (regular or S; Crosscut), as a Mudflap homage?
As much I (as an African-American) hate references to the "Ghettobots" (as my equally black best friend calls them; my insult was... not a good word), I might have to consider picking one or both of them up. At least there's no gold tooth or "soul patch"...

(Also, if you disagree with my qualms on the twins, save it for another thread. This one is purely meant to ask if we're getting a green Skids and red Crosscut.)
-- Cybertronian. :BOT:

P.S.: Is it a crime for me to want Encore 19 or 20 to be THUNDERWING?!? To make him look different, you can even detail his outer shell's eyes and mouth. I'd want red eyes on the inner robot, but don't lose sleep on that detail. (As a consolation, I'd accept a Henkei version repainted from Ramjet. I know how to bring T-Wing's color scheme out perfectly.)


I guess Skids would be neat, considering the only version produced in G1 in Japan was a short-run 3-pack of "American exclusives", the 2nd of which (Buzzsaw) being re-released with Soundblaster. Since the American re-release came months after the TF Collection one, many people, myself included (having TF Collection #3) would be 'Skids'ed-out, and only looking forward to special edition repaints. On the other hand, if someone does me a favor, and recreates the Diaclone stripe decals -- only this time matching Skids's "Chevy Astro" stripe, I'd be happy to look into it.
(For reference, the DW artist who did the Collection box keeps the light gray and red stripe going up to his turn signal, the same as the yellow Diaclone one was decaled. On TF versions, the stripe is cut off at the door hinge, even though part of the yellow original stripe is still printed on the turn signals' decals.)
Just the same, I'd still find myself wanting more unique reissues, such as Sunstreaker (or Tigertrack branded as Sunstreaker), Wheeljack, Mirage, Thunderwing, or Overlord.
I've heard that they've lost the molds to Sunstreaker, Wheeljack, and Mirage; which would make them "unreissuable" like the G1 Dinobots.
Re: Encore 18 is Skids (950186)
Posted by OPTIMUS MAGNUS on July 7th, 2009 @ 3:36pm CDT
Me want. Skids will look gewd on my G1 Bot shelf. My G1 Skids is beat to hell and back. Gotta get one of these.
Re: Encore 18 is Skids (950234)
Posted by IceWilly on July 7th, 2009 @ 4:24pm CDT
It Is Him wrote:
Predaking, Sixshot, and Powermaster Prime were reissued outside the TFC and Encore lines. Encore seems so far seems to be reissuing most of the toys chronologically. Starscream before the other seekers, Omega Supreme before Mextroplex. Etc.


I'm still kicking myself for missing out on the Sixshot release a few years ago. I thought I wouldn't want it or I could get it later. Bad idea. Luckily I did get predaking and I already have a powermaster prime in great shape.
Re: Encore 18 is Skids (950302)
Posted by Delicon on July 7th, 2009 @ 6:27pm CDT
I got out of the G1 cars, even on the reissues but this one isn't a bad idea. Sure, he was rereleased by Hasbro but not in the massive numbers that a lot of the rest of that line was.

It's funny how his personality differs so much from his movie namesake, though.

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "N.E.S.T. BONECRUSHER Transformers Studio Series 95 Buzzworthy Bumblebee Voyager"
N.E.S.T. BONECRUSH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
NEW!
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Studio Series 86-02 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
KUP Transformers S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BARRICADE Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +02 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
BARRICADE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 84 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RAVAGE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
RAVAGE Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +01 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2023 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SIDEWAYS Transformers Studio Series 88 Movie ROTF Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
SIDEWAYS Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #344 - Journey to the Pegs
Twincast / Podcast #344:
"Journey to the Pegs"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, February 24th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Silverbolt Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy and Blowpipe" on AMAZON