Final Colored Images of Flame Toys Tarn Figure

Transformers News: Final Colored Images of Flame Toys Tarn Figure

Saturday, March 17th, 2018 3:39AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: WreckerJack   Views: 11,122

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Flame Toys presents us with some photographs of Tarn via their Twitter page. This figure is a highly detailed, non transforming collectible. It appears that this figure will be poseable and in images below you will notice that a lot of intricate sculpting went into this work of art. Flame Toys figures of this type run about 300$ each. Before the colors had been finished, Tarn's prototype was displayed at ToySoul 2017 in Hong Kong. Fans of IDW's More Than Meets The Eye and Lost Light comics should be familiar with Tarn as the powerhouse of the DJD. If you have not already read IDW the comics, we highly recommend checking them out.

Transformers News: Final Colored Images of Flame Toys Tarn Figure

Transformers News: Final Colored Images of Flame Toys Tarn Figure

Transformers News: Final Colored Images of Flame Toys Tarn Figure
Credit(s): twitter
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Final Colored Images of Flame Toys Tarn Figure (1946656)
Posted by Emerje on March 17th, 2018 @ 4:50am CDT
That does look really nice, but not being able to transform at that price does take half the fun out of it. What we need is a proper IDW Masterpiece line from Hasbro. Or better yet it would be nice if Hasbro stopped being self conscious and let a third party (not a "third party" but a real licensed one) make some Transformers that transform for a change.

Emerje
Re: Final Colored Images of Flame Toys Tarn Figure (1946661)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 17th, 2018 @ 6:03am CDT
That is really nice, when a figure looks that good it doesn't need to transform! (In my opinion at least :-) I understand that others would prefer it to transform.
Re: Final Colored Images of Flame Toys Tarn Figure (1946662)
Posted by BumbleDouche on March 17th, 2018 @ 6:12am CDT
Holy flying fudgeballs & frozen fiddlesticks, now that's a spicy meatball!

Unfortunately, the absence of Transformation renders this item ineligible for inclusion in my collection, but holy fudgepacked fistula, it sure is pretty!
Re: Final Colored Images of Flame Toys Tarn Figure (1946669)
Posted by Rated X on March 17th, 2018 @ 8:04am CDT
I got a Tarn figure that looks better and it transforms. :CON:
Re: Final Colored Images of Flame Toys Tarn Figure (1946673)
Posted by Black Hat on March 17th, 2018 @ 9:02am CDT
That looks really, really nice, but...eh. The MMC one looks almost as good for a much lower price, and it transforms. Plus IIRC even the IDW production crew love that figure.

I will say though if I had money to burn I would grab him, transformation or not. The paint on that thing is astounding.
Re: Final Colored Images of Flame Toys Tarn Figure (1946731)
Posted by bodrock on March 17th, 2018 @ 6:09pm CDT
WOW, Tarn looks FAN-flippin'-TASTIC! The fact he doesn't transform is also a no-buy for me, but that does not mean he ain't gorgeous. :CON:
Re: Final Colored Images of Flame Toys Tarn Figure (1950728)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 4th, 2018 @ 5:34pm CDT
Thanks to site sponsor TFsource, we have new images of Flame Toys upcoming figure: IDW Tarn! Tarn is based off of his IDW More Than Meest The Eye appearance, complete with removable Face insignia and giant double fusion cannons. The figure, ironically for a guy addicted to transformation, does not transform, like the rest of the Flame Toys figures, but he is very posable and highly articulated. He is currently available for $369.99.

Check him out below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

[quote]Enter Flame Toys Transformers Tarn! The second figure in their highly limited series, Tarn may be the most impressive Masterpiece of a figure yet! Reborn from IDW comic greatness, Tarn is highly articulated and features a detachable face mask! Features two buster guns that can combine together, 3 LED's, and super posable formed of high quality ABS and plenty of Die-cast. Tarn stands 21CM/8.3" tall and is highly articulated, the pinnacle piece of every Transformers collector! Officially licensed Transformers merchandise by Hasbro.

Set Includes:
- 1 x Tarn Figure
- Detachable Face Mask
- 3 built in LED lights
- Linkage Articulation Gimmicks
- Super Posable with Diecast parts for solidity and Heaviness[/quote]



























Re: Final Colored Images of Flame Toys Tarn Figure (1950747)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 4th, 2018 @ 6:34pm CDT
While a shame about the price, that is a thing of beauty.
Re: Final Colored Images of Flame Toys Tarn Figure (1950752)
Posted by Jack Hallows on April 4th, 2018 @ 6:55pm CDT
there are probably12 babies that will be born exactly 9 months from today... all because this sexiness was unleashed upon the public.
Re: Final Colored Images of Flame Toys Tarn Figure (1950769)
Posted by YoungPrime on April 4th, 2018 @ 8:08pm CDT
Meanwhile Hasbro could've made a decent Tarn using TR Blitzwing or TR Galvatron's mold (or his own mold) last year.

Instead they'd rather be greedy renting the name out to 3P companies. So here are the controversial ironies about highly coveted CHUG TF figures that are putting me off as a collector.

-Hasbro gives the name of Tarn to a 3rd party company with crazy articulation but no transformation, yet has a price tag close to $400.

-Hasbro makes a long awaited Shockwave that's Voyager class size under this cheap Cyber Batallion line with barely no articulation.
Re: Final Colored Images of Flame Toys Tarn Figure (1950774)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 4th, 2018 @ 8:24pm CDT
This isn't a 3rd party figure. Flame Toys is officially licensed.

Even so, I do wish we would get official toys of the DJD, but considering they are a torture squad and only ever have been, kinda hard to justify as a toy
Re: Final Colored Images of Flame Toys Tarn Figure (1950776)
Posted by william-james88 on April 4th, 2018 @ 8:26pm CDT
YoungPrime wrote:Meanwhile Hasbro could've made a decent Tarn using TR Blitzwing


NOPE

Would have looked like crap

And we know that from this reprolabels set that no one wants

https://toyhax.com/for-titans-ret/2453- ... -tarn.html
Re: Final Colored Images of Flame Toys Tarn Figure (1950786)
Posted by Ultra Markus on April 4th, 2018 @ 8:46pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
YoungPrime wrote:Meanwhile Hasbro could've made a decent Tarn using TR Blitzwing


NOPE

Would have looked like crap

And we know that from this reprolabels set that no one wants

https://toyhax.com/for-titans-ret/2453- ... -tarn.html

yeah not even close :SICK:
Re: Final Colored Images of Flame Toys Tarn Figure (1950789)
Posted by Ultra Markus on April 4th, 2018 @ 9:11pm CDT
Ultra Markus wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
YoungPrime wrote:Meanwhile Hasbro could've made a decent Tarn using TR Blitzwing


NOPE

Would have looked like crap

And we know that from this reprolabels set that no one wants

https://toyhax.com/for-titans-ret/2453- ... -tarn.html

yeah not even close :SICK:

this is much closer ;)^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKCIDCu3shw
Re: Final Colored Images of Flame Toys Tarn Figure (1950791)
Posted by Sustain on April 4th, 2018 @ 9:17pm CDT
I want it. At some point I will have it.
Re: Final Colored Images of Flame Toys Tarn Figure (1950792)
Posted by Emerje on April 4th, 2018 @ 9:33pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:This isn't a 3rd party figure. Flame Toys is officially licensed.

Uh, this is the very definition of an official 3rd party figure, not the KO stuff that people mislabel as 3rd party. 1st party would be Hasbro and any company they own, such as Playskool (Rescue Bots) or Galoob (Titaniums). 2nd party would be an outside company that works with Hasbro to produce figures, like Fun Publications. 3rd party would be a company that produces figures on their own with an official license, there's numerous examples of this like Funko, the Loyal Subjects, Kids Logic, etc.

And for the that matter licenses are expensive, you're paying for bot a name and a likeness and Hasbro doesn't give them to just anyone. Flame Toys has to produce something that'll make them a profit at a small production run. Hasbro doesn't allow 3rd parties to make transforming figures so they have to go all out on a figure that makes up for that loss.

[quote]Even so, I do wish we would get official toys of the DJD, but considering they are a torture squad and only ever have been, kinda hard to justify as a toy[/quote]
How is that any different from all the other killer Decepticons? Or for that matter any super villain toys? How many children did Darth Vader personally murder in Episode III again? :lol:

Emerje
Re: Final Colored Images of Flame Toys Tarn Figure (1950804)
Posted by william-james88 on April 4th, 2018 @ 10:45pm CDT
Emerje wrote:2nd party would be an outside company that works with Hasbro to produce figures, like Fun Publications.


Not really. The second party, traditionally speaking, is the consumer. So us.

Emerje wrote:
How is that any different from all the other killer Decepticons? Or for that matter any super villain toys? How many children did Darth Vader personally murder in Episode III again? :lol:

Emerje


I watched that scene again the other day (watching random star wars clips) and man, I know George Lucas has his faults, but that shot with the cute little kid asking if everything will be ok is PERFECT.
Re: Final Colored Images of Flame Toys Tarn Figure (1950811)
Posted by Ultra Markus on April 4th, 2018 @ 11:57pm CDT
Emerje wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:This isn't a 3rd party figure. Flame Toys is officially licensed.

Uh, this is the very definition of an official 3rd party figure, not the KO stuff that people mislabel as 3rd party. 1st party would be Hasbro and any company they own, such as Playskool (Rescue Bots) or Galoob (Titaniums). 2nd party would be an outside company that works with Hasbro to produce figures, like Fun Publications. 3rd party would be a company that produces figures on their own with an official license, there's numerous examples of this like Funko, the Loyal Subjects, Kids Logic, etc.

And for the that matter licenses are expensive, you're paying for bot a name and a likeness and Hasbro doesn't give them to just anyone. Flame Toys has to produce something that'll make them a profit at a small production run. Hasbro doesn't allow 3rd parties to make transforming figures so they have to go all out on a figure that makes up for that loss.

[quote]Even so, I do wish we would get official toys of the DJD, but considering they are a torture squad and only ever have been, kinda hard to justify as a toy

How is that any different from all the other killer Decepticons? Or for that matter any super villain toys? How many children did Darth Vader personally murder in Episode III again? :lol:

Emerje[/quote]
like with console games for example 1st party hasbro owns 100% 2nd party hasbro owns partial 3rd party is an independent company that may have a licence to produce the product
then what of these other companies that make add ons or upgrades or whole figures unofficially without a licence, still third party?
Re: Final Colored Images of Flame Toys Tarn Figure (1950846)
Posted by ausbot on April 5th, 2018 @ 5:14am CDT
epic action master.
Re: Final Colored Images of Flame Toys Tarn Figure (1950848)
Posted by Sabrewing on April 5th, 2018 @ 5:28am CDT
$369.99

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

For a Transformer who not only does not transform but is supposed to be addicted to it.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #203 - Light Bringer
Twincast / Podcast #203:
"Light Bringer"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, July 15th, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon