This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai

Transformers News: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai

Saturday, March 30th, 2024 9:34AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ScottyP   Views: 51,352

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

An initial pair of blurry images have hit showing off a pair of upcoming Transformers Masterpiece releases from Takara Tomy, these being MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai, known as Powermaster Optimus Prime to many fans. These images have been previously posted on our forums by AllNewSuperRobot, as news on TFW2005 and many other places around the internet.

Transformers News: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai

Transformers News: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai


Precise details are sparse as the above images show that more thorough information can be expected on April 10th, but we can determine from the above that these are both slated for a December, 2024 release in Japan. MP-60 Ginrai will retail for ¥24,200 while MPG-09 Super Ginrai will run ¥46,200. This breaks down to approximately $160 and $305 in US dollars for each release, respectively, using the current exchange rate.

Stay tuned for more information on these as it becomes available, including pre-order information.
Credit(s): TFW2005.com, AllNewSuperRobot

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178422)
Posted by Emerje on March 30th, 2024 @ 9:44am CDT
Welp, I was in the middle of writing this, but ScottyP beat me to it so I'll just post it anyway, so it isn't for nothing. :-D

Back in 2013 Takara Tomy held a poll for the 30th Anniversary of Transformers asking fans what Cybertron/Autobot leader they wanted to see made into a new Masterpiece figure the most. As we all know the winner at the time was MP-24 Star Saber (followed by Legend of the Microns/Armada Convoy in second place), but pulling up with a solid third place with 18.6% percent of the votes was none other than Super Ginrai. It may have taken 10 years, but we're finally getting not one but two versions of Ginrai by the end of 2024!

First up is MP-60 Ginrai in toy colors. This is just the cab without the trailer, but he does include two guns, effect parts, and, most importantly, his fully transforming Godmaster self. Not only can the Godmaster be attached to the larger bot, but it retains the same unlocking gimmick that the original Godmasters/Powermasters had in order to transform the figure. He's priced at 24,200 JPY (currently about $160 USD) and due out in December 2024.

Second is MPG-09 Super Ginrai in cartoon colors. The cab for this figure is physically identical to the MP-60 version just in a different deco. The trailer shares all of the forms of the original with all the articulation we expect from an MP. In addition it comes with stickers for the trailer to replicate the toy version to go with MP-60 to create a toy version of Super Ginrai. This set is priced at 46,200 JPY (currently about $305 USD) and will also be out in December 2024.

Keep in mind the prices listed above are the Japanese retail prices and tax inclusive so they will be substantially lower at places like Amazon Japan. Full reveal is expected April 10, effectively April 9 for most of us on this side of the world.

So, are you excited about the next big entry in the MP line? Will you be buying both or will you be picking up just one? And how do you feel about MP Ginrai getting the same release treatment as Missing Link Optimus Prime? Let us know in the Energon Pub Forums!

Emerje
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178423)
Posted by Emerje on March 30th, 2024 @ 9:53am CDT
So, do we thing MPG-10 will be God Bomber? Since he's technically a combiner he makes more sense in MPG than MP.

Emerje
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178425)
Posted by Syclone on March 30th, 2024 @ 10:03am CDT
I am also going to throw my hat into 'The Great Sticker Debate' and say that, I'm an adult. It's 2024. These things cost hundreds of dollars. Please paint all the details you want on the figure and leave the stickers out.

Also, I understand what this subline is but, damn, just give me a true Takara masterpiece Devastator...
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178426)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 30th, 2024 @ 10:06am CDT
Oh dear...

Oh dear...

This will be very painful for my wallet, but I'll have to get Super Ginrai.

A bummer that God Bomber is not announced. Let's hope they will make him at some point.
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178429)
Posted by ScottyP on March 30th, 2024 @ 10:48am CDT
Emerje wrote:Welp, I was in the middle of writing this, but ScottyP beat me to it so I'll just post it anyway, so it isn't for nothing. :-D
Nobody replied to my email! :lol:

Syclone wrote:I am also going to throw my hat into 'The Great Sticker Debate' and say that, I'm an adult. It's 2024. These things cost hundreds of dollars. Please paint all the details you want on the figure and leave the stickers out.
Yeah the stickers on 44S were a bummer. Knowing that Riggorus has them too makes me sad.
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178432)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on March 30th, 2024 @ 1:33pm CDT
NEEEXT!!! >:oP :VEHI:
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178433)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on March 30th, 2024 @ 1:56pm CDT
Funny this pops up after I was talking about how sweet a Missing Link Ginrai would be with someone on Twitter.

This would be awesome, and I'm gonna have to put money aside for the probably $500+ price tag to get it in Canada.
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178434)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 30th, 2024 @ 2:12pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Emerje wrote:Welp, I was in the middle of writing this, but ScottyP beat me to it so I'll just post it anyway, so it isn't for nothing. :-D
Nobody replied to my email! :lol:

Syclone wrote:I am also going to throw my hat into 'The Great Sticker Debate' and say that, I'm an adult. It's 2024. These things cost hundreds of dollars. Please paint all the details you want on the figure and leave the stickers out.
Yeah the stickers on 44S were a bummer. Knowing that Riggorus has them too makes me sad.


About the stickers, those are only optional if one want the "toy" deco.
So it's a compromise that is acceptable because the MP line is all about toon accuracy after all.
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178435)
Posted by angtre on March 30th, 2024 @ 2:19pm CDT
The original is a toy I hold dear for many reasons, but I don't think I'll get any of these, nor the probable "Fire Guts" version.

One toy that might just catch my interest would be an Ultra Magnus-esque repaint. That would be a breath of fresh air within the multitude of Optimus Prime painted white we got in the past, as long as they'd have the decency of releasing it with a new head for combined mode.
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178436)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on March 30th, 2024 @ 2:26pm CDT
Wait, I think there might be some confusion. As it was initially presented to me MP-60 Ginrai is the cab and MPG-09 is the TRAILER ONLY. You have to buy both to form Super Ginrai, at the current exchange rate that's already around $500 before God Bomber and sight unseen. No idea of quality or durability. Are you telling me that MPG-09 is the COMPLETE set with the cab AND trailer? if that's the case my opinion has heavily changed!
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178437)
Posted by whacko on March 30th, 2024 @ 3:15pm CDT
Why would Takara release both an MP and an MPG of the same character at the same time? This just seems like it would cause confusion and cannibalize sales as most collectors will choose either one or the other instead of both just because of price. Just seems like a really bad strategy as many collectors might be willing to get both as long as their wallet isn't getting hit so hard all at once.
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178440)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 30th, 2024 @ 5:46pm CDT
whacko wrote:Why would Takara release both an MP and an MPG of the same character at the same time? This just seems like it would cause confusion and cannibalize sales as most collectors will choose either one or the other instead of both just because of price. Just seems like a really bad strategy as many collectors might be willing to get both as long as their wallet isn't getting hit so hard all at once.


Missing Link Convoy did the same thing. If I read it correctly, the standalone Ginrai is in toy-accurate colors, while Super Ginrai is anime-accurate... like Missing Link Convoy. :-?
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178441)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on March 30th, 2024 @ 5:49pm CDT
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
whacko wrote:Why would Takara release both an MP and an MPG of the same character at the same time? This just seems like it would cause confusion and cannibalize sales as most collectors will choose either one or the other instead of both just because of price. Just seems like a really bad strategy as many collectors might be willing to get both as long as their wallet isn't getting hit so hard all at once.


Missing Link Convoy did the same thing. If I read it correctly, the standalone Ginrai is in toy-accurate colors, while Super Ginrai is anime-accurate... like Missing Link Convoy. :-?


I'm not sure, I'm more confused than a baby in a topless club.
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178442)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 30th, 2024 @ 5:50pm CDT
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
whacko wrote:Why would Takara release both an MP and an MPG of the same character at the same time? This just seems like it would cause confusion and cannibalize sales as most collectors will choose either one or the other instead of both just because of price. Just seems like a really bad strategy as many collectors might be willing to get both as long as their wallet isn't getting hit so hard all at once.


Missing Link Convoy did the same thing. If I read it correctly, the standalone Ginrai is in toy-accurate colors, while Super Ginrai is anime-accurate... like Missing Link Convoy. :-?


Yeah, no way will they release the trailer alone. That would be completely daff.
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178463)
Posted by Emerje on March 30th, 2024 @ 11:04pm CDT
Syclone wrote:I am also going to throw my hat into 'The Great Sticker Debate' and say that, I'm an adult. It's 2024. These things cost hundreds of dollars. Please paint all the details you want on the figure and leave the stickers out.

Also, I understand what this subline is but, damn, just give me a true Takara masterpiece Devastator...

The stickers are optional and for people who buy both and would rather the trailer have to stickers to match MP-60. My understanding is that MP-60 will not have stickers.

As for Devastator, considering how Raiden turned out I'm not sure that's a good idea. Combined he'd still only be 12" tall and we're already getting one that height in SS next year.

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Wait, I think there might be some confusion. As it was initially presented to me MP-60 Ginrai is the cab and MPG-09 is the TRAILER ONLY. You have to buy both to form Super Ginrai, at the current exchange rate that's already around $500 before God Bomber and sight unseen. No idea of quality or durability. Are you telling me that MPG-09 is the COMPLETE set with the cab AND trailer? if that's the case my opinion has heavily changed!

Simply put the original info posted here was mistaken. They soursed TFW but to my knowledge they never presented it that way.

Emerje
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178471)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 31st, 2024 @ 1:04am CDT
We'll know one way or the other eventually.
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178474)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on March 31st, 2024 @ 1:38am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:We'll know one way or the other eventually.


Sooner than later I hope.
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178476)
Posted by Emerje on March 31st, 2024 @ 3:48am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:We'll know one way or the other eventually.


Sooner than later I hope.

April 10 specifically.

Emerje
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178478)
Posted by blackeyedprime on March 31st, 2024 @ 4:49am CDT
Ginrai looks good, trailer looks bad. Big bot mode also not looking great either, hopefully better bigger pictures can convince me. Now that hasbro is doing O-ring ghostbusters.... time for some MP (HD?) action masters :P
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178480)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on March 31st, 2024 @ 7:24am CDT
blackeyedprime wrote: time for some MP (HD?) action masters :P


Image
;)
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178482)
Posted by Emerje on March 31st, 2024 @ 8:35am CDT
blackeyedprime wrote:Ginrai looks good, trailer looks bad. Big bot mode also not looking great either, hopefully better bigger pictures can convince me. Now that hasbro is doing O-ring ghostbusters.... time for some MP (HD?) action masters :P

My only issue with the trailer is that in box mode the arms stick up much further than I would like, pretty sure in the cartoon the "wrists" were even with the top of the trailer. In bot mode I'm not crazy about that middle photo, but the two on the right look great.

Emerje
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178487)
Posted by Syclone on March 31st, 2024 @ 12:19pm CDT
Emerje wrote:
Syclone wrote:I am also going to throw my hat into 'The Great Sticker Debate' and say that, I'm an adult. It's 2024. These things cost hundreds of dollars. Please paint all the details you want on the figure and leave the stickers out.

Also, I understand what this subline is but, damn, just give me a true Takara masterpiece Devastator...

The stickers are optional and for people who buy both and would rather the trailer have to stickers to match MP-60. My understanding is that MP-60 will not have stickers.

As for Devastator, considering how Raiden turned out I'm not sure that's a good idea. Combined he'd still only be 12" tall and we're already getting one that height in SS next year.

Emerje



y'know, that is a very fair point about Devastator. I've been tempted by some of the 3rd party releases but have just always held out hope for a Takara version. Maybe I should change that stance. Same goes for any number of characters we strangely have yet to see in the MP line. *cough*Galvatron*cough*

Unrelated to anything, I just noticed my TWENTY YEAR anniversary of being part of this forum was last week :shock: :shock: :shock:
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178490)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 31st, 2024 @ 2:46pm CDT
Syclone wrote:Unrelated to anything, I just noticed my TWENTY YEAR anniversary of being part of this forum was last week :shock: :shock: :shock:


You've been here for 20 years yet you only have 89 posts? That's just one post around each 11 weeks.

That is, unless it's a second account. :-?
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178500)
Posted by jameswhich on March 31st, 2024 @ 10:51pm CDT
It looks impressive, but I'm relieved it wasn't one of the combiners on my wishlist. My wallet is thankful I can pass on this.
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178505)
Posted by Syclone on April 1st, 2024 @ 8:01am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Syclone wrote:Unrelated to anything, I just noticed my TWENTY YEAR anniversary of being part of this forum was last week :shock: :shock: :shock:


You've been here for 20 years yet you only have 89 posts? That's just one post around each 11 weeks.

That is, unless it's a second account. :-?



I was looking at that too and that doesn't seem right. I posted a ton when I first got here. It's definitely slowed considerably since then and, with my collecting focus being solely the MP line, I don't pop up for everything. Still, I feeeeeeeeeeel like it should be way higher than that. If old threads are long deleted, at least my join date stayed :???:
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178506)
Posted by ScottyP on April 1st, 2024 @ 8:59am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:About the stickers, those are only optional if one want the "toy" deco.
So it's a compromise that is acceptable because the MP line is all about toon accuracy after all.
I think it's just being cheap, or in the case of 44S, trying to keep the cost on an expensive tooling manageable. It was billed as a companion piece to 36+ Megatron and that toy has really nice G1 toy detail tampos all over it. Even MP Artfire has tampos. For toy-inspired redecos like these, I'd much rather have tampos than stickers.

Signed,
A guy that's really bad at putting stickers on straight :lol:
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178508)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 1st, 2024 @ 10:58am CDT
ScottyP wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:About the stickers, those are only optional if one want the "toy" deco.
So it's a compromise that is acceptable because the MP line is all about toon accuracy after all.
I think it's just being cheap, or in the case of 44S, trying to keep the cost on an expensive tooling manageable. It was billed as a companion piece to 36+ Megatron and that toy has really nice G1 toy detail tampos all over it. Even MP Artfire has tampos. For toy-inspired redecos like these, I'd much rather have tampos than stickers.

Signed,
A guy that's really bad at putting stickers on straight :lol:


Those releases are independent from the regular one. So the only reason to put stickers with that new Ginrai is they are not planning to release a "Plus" edition.

:-?
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178510)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 1st, 2024 @ 10:59am CDT
Syclone wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Syclone wrote:Unrelated to anything, I just noticed my TWENTY YEAR anniversary of being part of this forum was last week :shock: :shock: :shock:


You've been here for 20 years yet you only have 89 posts? That's just one post around each 11 weeks.

That is, unless it's a second account. :-?



I was looking at that too and that doesn't seem right. I posted a ton when I first got here. It's definitely slowed considerably since then and, with my collecting focus being solely the MP line, I don't pop up for everything. Still, I feeeeeeeeeeel like it should be way higher than that. If old threads are long deleted, at least my join date stayed :???:


It wouldn't surprise me if some :KREMZEEK: is at work here.
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178519)
Posted by Emerje on April 1st, 2024 @ 3:32pm CDT
When it comes to stickers, use tweezers, they make everything so much easier, especially smaller ones that need to go into recessed areas like on Titan Fort Max's legs.

Syclone wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Syclone wrote:Unrelated to anything, I just noticed my TWENTY YEAR anniversary of being part of this forum was last week :shock: :shock: :shock:


You've been here for 20 years yet you only have 89 posts? That's just one post around each 11 weeks.

That is, unless it's a second account. :-?



I was looking at that too and that doesn't seem right. I posted a ton when I first got here. It's definitely slowed considerably since then and, with my collecting focus being solely the MP line, I don't pop up for everything. Still, I feeeeeeeeeeel like it should be way higher than that. If old threads are long deleted, at least my join date stayed :???:

Pretty sure there was a forum glitch or server crash that resulted in a bunch of topics and posts getting lost. A lot of pictures from older forum posts and news articles have been lost as well.

Emerje
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178520)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 1st, 2024 @ 4:12pm CDT
Emerje wrote:When it comes to stickers, use tweezers, they make everything so much easier, especially smaller ones that need to go into recessed areas like on Titan Fort Max's legs.

Syclone wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Syclone wrote:Unrelated to anything, I just noticed my TWENTY YEAR anniversary of being part of this forum was last week :shock: :shock: :shock:


You've been here for 20 years yet you only have 89 posts? That's just one post around each 11 weeks.

That is, unless it's a second account. :-?



I was looking at that too and that doesn't seem right. I posted a ton when I first got here. It's definitely slowed considerably since then and, with my collecting focus being solely the MP line, I don't pop up for everything. Still, I feeeeeeeeeeel like it should be way higher than that. If old threads are long deleted, at least my join date stayed :???:

Pretty sure there was a forum glitch or server crash that resulted in a bunch of topics and posts getting lost. A lot of pictures from older forum posts and news articles have been lost as well.

Emerje


As someone who has done some Gunpla in my day tweezers help, a lot, but they're not perfect, especially if your hand shakes or the glue isn't good, or they're just not cut right.
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178528)
Posted by Emerje on April 1st, 2024 @ 9:54pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:As someone who has done some Gunpla in my day tweezers help, a lot, but they're not perfect, especially if your hand shakes or the glue isn't good, or they're just not cut right.

Don't forget static. I've had stickers that had a little bit of static on them and when trying to apply them they kept bending toward the figure instead of staying flat when placing them. But still, I can't think of a situation where they made applying stickers worse.

Emerje
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178529)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 1st, 2024 @ 9:57pm CDT
Emerje wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:As someone who has done some Gunpla in my day tweezers help, a lot, but they're not perfect, especially if your hand shakes or the glue isn't good, or they're just not cut right.

Don't forget static. I've had stickers that had a little bit of static on them and when trying to apply them they kept bending toward the figure instead of staying flat when placing them. But still, I can't think of a situation where they made applying stickers worse.

Emerje


As someone who applied a lot of Reprolabels, there's one recurring thing that is very annoying: When a tiny sticker act like a "flea" and "jump" out of your tweezers to disappear into the ether.
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178536)
Posted by Emerje on April 2nd, 2024 @ 7:32am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Emerje wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:As someone who has done some Gunpla in my day tweezers help, a lot, but they're not perfect, especially if your hand shakes or the glue isn't good, or they're just not cut right.

Don't forget static. I've had stickers that had a little bit of static on them and when trying to apply them they kept bending toward the figure instead of staying flat when placing them. But still, I can't think of a situation where they made applying stickers worse.

Emerje


As someone who applied a lot of Reprolabels, there's one recurring thing that is very annoying: When a tiny sticker act like a "flea" and "jump" out of your tweezers to disappear into the ether.

I was specifically thinking of ToyHax when I said that. For some reason their process produces some oddly staticky foil stickers that do all sorts of strange stuff.

Emerje
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178590)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 2nd, 2024 @ 2:55pm CDT
I am extremely curious to see how Ginrai comes out. I would be sorely tempted to get him.

As for stickers: for an MP, it is unacceptable, MP44 and MP-56 should have had tampos. I am already dreading putting the stickers on Riggorus.
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178732)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on April 5th, 2024 @ 2:25pm CDT
Some clarity via Omegalock.co.uk:

Image

Transformers Masterpiece MP-60 Jinrai - Power Master Optimus Prime
Availability date: December 2024


Image

Transformers Masterpiece Gattai MPG-09 Super Jinrai
Availability date: December 2024




-Kanrabat- wrote:Yeah, no way will they release the trailer alone. That would be completely daft.


:HEADHURTS: Daft it is...
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178733)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 5th, 2024 @ 3:01pm CDT
Those store listings does not clarify anything. >:oP

I'll wait for the proper reveals and the Amazon.JP preorders to see what's really up.
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178736)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 5th, 2024 @ 4:30pm CDT
Nope. As I understand the the release from Takara MPG-09 is the complete Cab and Trailer. I kinda get the feeling that MP-60 can't combine with the trailer, but comes with stickers to make the trailer toy accurate.
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178739)
Posted by Emerje on April 5th, 2024 @ 9:19pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Nope. As I understand the the release from Takara MPG-09 is the complete Cab and Trailer. I kinda get the feeling that MP-60 can't combine with the trailer, but comes with stickers to make the trailer toy accurate.

MP-60 and the Ginrai portion of MPG-09 are literally the same figure with different decos. It would make no sense to modify MP-60 just to spite fans like that.

Emerje
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178745)
Posted by Emerje on April 6th, 2024 @ 12:39am CDT
We're still a few days away from the official reveal of MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai on April 10, but a new batch of solicitation images have surfaced. Coming via HK retailer HobbyLand (via TFW2005) the new images are not just clearer but also include more looks at the figures and the accessories they both come with. Of note is replacement red eye lenses for Super Ginrai to give him toy accurate eyes, as well as some additional effect parts. Pre-orders will likely open the same day as the full reveal and both will be released in December. Apparently, thanks to some counting system, MP-60 is actually the 100th MP release and the instruction will include a book to commemorate the milestone (that's the blue box in the bottom corner of the last image).

Do the new pictures change your feelings for these figures? Do you plan on buying one, both or neither? Let us know in the Seibertron Energon Pub Forums!

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178748)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 6th, 2024 @ 1:47am CDT
AH, that tiny square where they show what the thing included.
Naruhodo.

MPG-09 it will be.

Image
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178749)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 6th, 2024 @ 2:12am CDT
Emerje wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Nope. As I understand the the release from Takara MPG-09 is the complete Cab and Trailer. I kinda get the feeling that MP-60 can't combine with the trailer, but comes with stickers to make the trailer toy accurate.

MP-60 and the Ginrai portion of MPG-09 are literally the same figure with different decos. It would make no sense to modify MP-60 just to spite fans like that.

Emerje


Maybe it's an error of translation but in the Takara release they talk about the cabs being different and mention different articulation points.
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178750)
Posted by Emerje on April 6th, 2024 @ 7:49am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Emerje wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Nope. As I understand the the release from Takara MPG-09 is the complete Cab and Trailer. I kinda get the feeling that MP-60 can't combine with the trailer, but comes with stickers to make the trailer toy accurate.

MP-60 and the Ginrai portion of MPG-09 are literally the same figure with different decos. It would make no sense to modify MP-60 just to spite fans like that.

Emerje


Maybe it's an error of translation but in the Takara release they talk about the cabs being different and mention different articulation points.

Just comparing the two images the only thing I'm seeing different is the deco. The text on the image says (through Google Translate) "Specifications of Ginrai or different from MP-60 Ginrai" immediately after talking about applying stickers to the trailer to give it the toy look. I'm positive it's just saying the two figures have different decos.

Emerje
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178753)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on April 6th, 2024 @ 9:50am CDT
Emerje wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Emerje wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Nope. As I understand the the release from Takara MPG-09 is the complete Cab and Trailer. I kinda get the feeling that MP-60 can't combine with the trailer, but comes with stickers to make the trailer toy accurate.

MP-60 and the Ginrai portion of MPG-09 are literally the same figure with different decos. It would make no sense to modify MP-60 just to spite fans like that.

Emerje


Maybe it's an error of translation but in the Takara release they talk about the cabs being different and mention different articulation points.

Just comparing the two images the only thing I'm seeing different is the deco. The text on the image says (through Google Translate) "Specifications of Ginrai or different from MP-60 Ginrai" immediately after talking about applying stickers to the trailer to give it the toy look. I'm positive it's just saying the two figures have different decos.

Emerje


You can see some of the deco differences. The mp-60 version has yellow under the knees, all silver legs and a fully white crotch piece. The mpg has no yellow on the knees, but does on the crotch, with blue upper thighs
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178754)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on April 6th, 2024 @ 9:56am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Those store listings does not clarify anything.


It does, in as much as it states what each MP release is.

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Nope. As I understand the the release from Takara MPG-09 is the complete Cab and Trailer. I kinda get the feeling that MP-60 can't combine with the trailer, but comes with stickers to make the trailer toy accurate.



So what is the point of both? MP-60 on it's own is worthless with the trailer. If MPG-09 comes with the cab, then there is no reason to buy MP-60 at all.
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178755)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 6th, 2024 @ 10:02am CDT
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:Those store listings does not clarify anything.


It does, in as much as it states what each MP release is.

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Nope. As I understand the the release from Takara MPG-09 is the complete Cab and Trailer. I kinda get the feeling that MP-60 can't combine with the trailer, but comes with stickers to make the trailer toy accurate.



So what is the point of both? MP-60 on it's own is worthless with the trailer. If MPG-09 comes with the cab, then there is no reason to buy MP-60 at all.


You missed my next post when I said that the small window in a black frame that show everything include does clarify everything.

And indeed, for me, MP-60 is pointless, but lone cabs do sell well.
I wonder why the numbering is not reversed? The full package with the trailer would make more sense as MP-60 and the lone cab as MPG-09 instead of the other way around. :-?
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178756)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on April 6th, 2024 @ 10:05am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:You missed my next post when I said that the small window in a black frame that show everything include does clarify everything.

And indeed, for me, MP-60 is pointless, but lone cabs do sell well.
I wonder why the numbering is not reversed? The full package with the trailer would make more sense as MP-60 and the lone cab as MPG-09 instead of the other way around. :-?


I completely missed the next page in my reply :oops:

I just don't understand the logic of this release at all? If the cab and trailer are the two separate releases. While a really shady business practice (unsurprising from HasTak) it makes more sense than releasing an otherwise deluxe class Prime cab, twice.
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178757)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 6th, 2024 @ 10:21am CDT
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:You missed my next post when I said that the small window in a black frame that show everything include does clarify everything.

And indeed, for me, MP-60 is pointless, but lone cabs do sell well.
I wonder why the numbering is not reversed? The full package with the trailer would make more sense as MP-60 and the lone cab as MPG-09 instead of the other way around. :-?


I completely missed the next page in my reply :oops:

I just don't understand the logic of this release at all? If the cab and trailer are the two separate releases. While a really shady business practice (unsurprising from HasTak) it makes more sense than releasing an otherwise deluxe class Prime cab, twice.


The one with the trailer does come with everything, including the cab. The only difference is the lone one have the toy deco. It seems this one will come with stickers to turn the trailer that is in toon deco into toy deco.

So that mean that the toy deco enthusiasts would have to double-dip and be stuck with an extra cab in the end.
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178759)
Posted by Emerje on April 6th, 2024 @ 11:10am CDT
These two are really just victims of Takara trying to further justify categorizing the MP line. Since MP-60 is also being called the 100th MP it had to be something special, it couldn't just be anybody so Ginrai makes perfect sense. However they also seem to be being sticklers for figures that combine with other figures/parts going in the MPG line and will likely shape the line in the future (like MPG Armada Prime who placed second in the poll between Star Saber and Super Ginrai). So they really painted themselves into a corner and couldn't put Super Ginrai in the regular MP line without breaking their own rules so we just got Ginrai without the trailer to represent Masterforce in the line. On the bright side it also means we could see MPG God Bomber in the future and if they do make MPG Armada Prime we might also see MPG Armada Jetfire and Overload as well.

Emerje
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178760)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on April 6th, 2024 @ 11:22am CDT
You mention Armada Prime, which is an interesting footnote to this release. Powermaster Prime/Ginrai is the Last G1 Optimus for the Masterpiece line (other than MP Orion Pax, which I highly doubt would be a thing). The next up would be Armada Prime (given Car Robots Prime is now a HasLab release).

Armada->Energon->Cybertron->Animated
Re: First Images of Masterpiece MP-60 Ginrai and MPG-09 Super Ginrai (2178762)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 6th, 2024 @ 11:31am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:I wonder why the numbering is not reversed? The full package with the trailer would make more sense as MP-60 and the lone cab as MPG-09 instead of the other way around. :-?
Because the cab on its own doesn't combine with anything. It wouldn't make sense to put a non-combining figure in the MPG line when the G in MPG specifically denotes combination: "Gattai".


AllNewSuperRobot wrote:You mention Armada Prime, which is an interesting footnote to this release. Powermaster Prime/Ginrai is the Last G1 Optimus for the Masterpiece line (other than MP Orion Pax, which I highly doubt would be a thing). The next up would be Armada Prime (given Car Robots Prime is now a HasLab release).
There's still Star Convoy they could do.

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON + KREMZEEK Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" figure WV2 2023 New"
MEGATRON + KREMZEE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Jumbo Transformers UNICRON Vinyl Figure #103 SDCC convention 2022 New"
Funko Pop! Jumbo T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL (Blue) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Decepticon Series Decoys"
SHRAPNEL (Blue) Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Movie Super7 Reaction Series 1 Retro Figure 2020 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE (Red) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Autobot Series Decoy"
BUMBLEBEE (Red) Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Action Figure Series 1 2020 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL (Orange) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Decepticon Series Decoys"
SHRAPNEL (Orange) ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL (Red) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Decepticon Series Decoys"
SHRAPNEL (Red) Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" Junkion action figure 2023 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEAD OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure WV4 2024 New"
DEAD OPTIMUS PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SANTA OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Super7 Reaction Series 5 Holiday Christmas 2021"
SANTA OPTIMUS PRIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNICRON Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Wave 6 G1 Prototype 2023 New"
UNICRON Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING STARSCREAM Transformers Movie Super7 Reaction Series 4 Retro Figure 2021"
KING STARSCREAM Tr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Huffer Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Movie Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON