This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn

Transformers News: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn

Wednesday, March 27th, 2024 7:34PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 52,664

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Target is getting another 4 pack this year, as we've gotten in the previous three years. And we now know what it includes thanks to some leaked images.

The content of the exclusive pack are:

  • G1 Squeezeplay based on the Titans Return Mindwipe mold
  • Prime Cliffjumper, based on the Legacy Chase retool
  • Cyberverse Tarn, based on the Legacy Tarn mold (seems to just be a redeco)
  • Orange BW Tarantulas, referencing the early toy ads and cross sell images, based on the Kingdom Tarantulas mold (sporting the robot head rather than the mutant head)

This is meant to be officially revealed tomorrow.

Transformers News: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Clifjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn

Transformers News: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Clifjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn

Transformers News: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Clifjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn

Transformers News: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Clifjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn

Transformers News: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Clifjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn

Transformers News: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Clifjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn

Transformers News: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Clifjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn

Transformers News: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Clifjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn

Transformers News: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Clifjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn

Transformers News: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Clifjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn

Transformers News: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Clifjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn

Transformers News: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Clifjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn

Transformers News: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Clifjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn

Transformers News: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Clifjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn

Transformers News: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Clifjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn

Transformers News: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Clifjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178241)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on March 27th, 2024 @ 7:38pm CDT
Let me see, 3 wants and a meh on another Tarn, but I like it overall. If ti stays under $80 like the troop builder set, I'm in.
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178242)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on March 27th, 2024 @ 7:42pm CDT
Wow… That is an easy, easy pass.
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178243)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on March 27th, 2024 @ 7:47pm CDT
All I want is Cliffjumper and Squezeplay. Hate sets like this, it's hard to justify the expense.
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178244)
Posted by Overcracker on March 27th, 2024 @ 8:01pm CDT
Cliffjumper is a definite yes.
Tarn looks pretty good.
The other 2 do nothing for me.
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178245)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 27th, 2024 @ 8:12pm CDT
P. Cliff is all around PERFECT. That's a small miracle for a Legacy Prime figure. Too bad it's in a 4 pack where I don't give a single F about the others.
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178246)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on March 27th, 2024 @ 8:20pm CDT
Dammit. I really want that cliffjumper. That would be the definitive version of him in my collection

But the others are a waste of space and money for me. Money is one thing but I really am tight on space and want to stick only with characters I'm really attached to and versions of them I want most

Extra spiderbot and ugly monster guy, fine I guess. But Tarn bothers me the most. I already have the other version with the better paint job. That one I can't even do mental gymnastics to justify in my head.
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178247)
Posted by Emerje on March 27th, 2024 @ 8:43pm CDT
Interesting set, Squeezeplay and Cliffjumper are the most interesting for me.

Tarn is interesting, but to really look like his Cyberverse self they should have replaced the clear red plastic with teal so his face can look like this:

Image

Even if it says Tarn on the box instead of "Perfect Decepticon" I'm sure there'll be people who will complain about not being able to army build him.

I don't like clear plastic, but Tarantulas would be perfect if only they used clear orange plastic instead of opaque.

Image

I'm surprised they went with those pre-production colors and not actual toy colors like they did with Blackarachnia. Considering we aren't likely to get an Earthrise Tarantulas I would have liked to have seen this mold colored like that (which is basically his Transmetal colors).

Emerje
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178248)
Posted by cloudballoon on March 27th, 2024 @ 9:31pm CDT
It's CJ & Squeezeplay for me. I still love my 1st Ed. TFP CJ, but its ball joints are all loose, so if I get this set one of them will be repainted into Dark Energon corrupted CJ.

Costs too much for a PO, and me being in Canada, TRU don't even do PO so that's moot. I'll wait for a clearance.

However, IF Hasbro included a set of alt-heads somehow for all 4 bots, THAT is a different story and worthy of a bought on sight.
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178251)
Posted by Quantum Surge on March 27th, 2024 @ 10:47pm CDT
Pretty sure Tarantulas came out in Legacy Year 1. But this set feels more like a "screw it, let's throw them in a single set" vibe than past multipacks. But I do like CJ and Squeezeplay the most.
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178252)
Posted by Rtron on March 27th, 2024 @ 10:50pm CDT
This feels like a bit of a shitty attitude from the leakers. These are supposed to be shown tomorrow and they leak them like 12 hours before? It's a bit weird.

I dig Tarantula's prototype colors, toy colors wouldn't have made any sense since those aren't too different from the show ones, so glad they went that way with the recolor for this mold. Plus, most people can't get their hands on a prototype, while there's a chance to have the original figure. Rhinox and Rattrap are the only ones who haven't been reused so far, right? I hope they do either Dark Designs or Fox Kids colors for Rhinox; and Packrat for Rattrap... Or maybe Arcee, lol.
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178253)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 27th, 2024 @ 10:53pm CDT
It's... It's NINJA TARANTULAS!!!
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178255)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on March 28th, 2024 @ 1:01am CDT
No one on Seibertron wanted an updated Squeezeplay more than me, but sweet Primus, how did he end up looking so much better than his original toy in bot mode, but like some sort of giant custom Kreon in creature mode? Oh well, you can't have everything.

And I am suddenly so happy I never shelled out for Tarn online after never seeing him in store. Not as happy as the Cybertronian grunt last year made me though; nothing will likely ever top that Target-exclusive 4-pack, the most Buzz-worthy of all time.

CJ is oddly the one I'm most meh about. Legacy screwing the pooch on the aesthetics of Prime characters up until now means that even when Hasbro does one right, it just makes me want to shell out for vintage stuff I never got. Legacy would seriously have to start churning out new Arms Microns to make me give a crap at this point. But he looks good.

Now, as for alternate-reality Tarantulas...does anyone else ever find their mind instantly projects a persona onto a new toy at first sight, and then you can't shake it, no matter how little was ever backing it up? Whatever this Tarantulas's prowess in ninjutsu is, I can't see him as having any of his cartoon counterpart's genius. In fact, he looks so dim-witted that I pity him, and yet IDK why I'm jumping to this conclusion. I think the two factors at play are the similarity to Scorponok's prototype color scheme, and an issue of the unofficial G2 Continued comic that depicted him as wandering the wasteland apparently brain-damaged or something. I'm sure I'll get some other random impression of him once his toy's in hand, and that really will take me back to the good ol' Beast Wars days, when some toys simply exuded personality when handled, most notably both versions of Spittor.
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178256)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 28th, 2024 @ 1:10am CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:Now, as for alternate-reality Tarantulas...does anyone else ever find their mind instantly projects a persona onto a new toy at first sight, and then you can't shake it, no matter how little was ever backing it up? Whatever this Tarantulas's prowess in ninjutsu is, I can't see him as having any of his cartoon counterpart's genius. In fact, he looks so dim-witted that I pity him, and yet IDK why I'm jumping to this conclusion. I think the two factors at play are the similarity to Scorponok's prototype color scheme, and an issue of the unofficial G2 Continued comic that depicted him as wandering the wasteland apparently brain-damaged or something. I'm sure I'll get some other random impression of him once his toy's in hand, and that really will take me back to the good ol' Beast Wars days, when some toys simply exuded personality when handled, most notably both versions of Spittor.
He sounds pretty sick to me. ;)
Image
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178257)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on March 28th, 2024 @ 1:54am CDT
Does anyone remember the last time they saw a complete wave, core through leader, at retail at the same time?
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178258)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 28th, 2024 @ 1:56am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Does anyone remember the last time they saw a complete wave, core through leader, at retail at the same time?
Sure. Legacy Wave 1. :P
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178259)
Posted by Emerje on March 28th, 2024 @ 2:33am CDT
Rtron wrote:This feels like a bit of a poopy attitude from the leakers. These are supposed to be shown tomorrow and they leak them like 12 hours before? It's a bit weird.

Will they show them Thursday? Last stream they said the next stream would focus on media like comics and such.

Emerje
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178261)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on March 28th, 2024 @ 6:15am CDT
Ooooo, Squeezeplay. He's a childhood TF, so it's a must buy for me. I think that's a new headsculpt too and not the one that came with Wheelie.
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178262)
Posted by SGMLordMirage on March 28th, 2024 @ 7:48am CDT
Originally on Hasbro Pulse they had Gears slated on or around July 15th, for a ship date. I just got a notification that my order will ship on or around April 1st now. Thats certainly much better.

SGM
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178263)
Posted by Perceptor1996 on March 28th, 2024 @ 7:51am CDT
As a huge Masterforce fan, I'm really happy to see that Squeezeplay/Cancer comes with the little Browning gun.
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178264)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on March 28th, 2024 @ 8:08am CDT
Emerje wrote:
Rtron wrote:This feels like a bit of a poopy attitude from the leakers. These are supposed to be shown tomorrow and they leak them like 12 hours before? It's a bit weird.

Will they show them Thursday? Last stream they said the next stream would focus on media like comics and such.

Emerje


They mentioned product reveals as well
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178265)
Posted by RiddlerJ on March 28th, 2024 @ 8:42am CDT
Why does Squeezeplay have that other set of legs on his back in both modes? Is it really just an ornamental thing this time?
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178266)
Posted by RiddlerJ on March 28th, 2024 @ 8:44am CDT
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178267)
Posted by DeathReviews on March 28th, 2024 @ 8:49am CDT
Easy pass on all of these. Prime Cliffjumper would be nice (or at least an improvement over the pre-existing figures). But not having one won't cause me to fret that my collection is 'missing' anything. But what's taking so long with Leader 86 Swoop? It's bad enough that they bungled Snarl by not making enough figures...
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178268)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on March 28th, 2024 @ 8:51am CDT
The 4-pack is up on Target.com and they have a spend $75, save $20 Target Circle offer, so a great deal and pre-ordered.

https://goto.target.com/c/1137247/81938/2092?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.target.com%2Fp%2Ftransformers-l%20...%20A-89629499%3C%2Fa%3E
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178269)
Posted by Grahf_ on March 28th, 2024 @ 8:52am CDT
Got one on Pulse just in case since it was listed there first at 9am.

Still got it on Target (at 9:20 when it went up) though because it's $20 off as the $20 off a $75 toy purchase coupon worked for it. I also used my Red card and had $19 saved up on rewards. So I got the set for only $41.78.

Which means that they'll be sure to cancel my order first chance they get even after I approve the preorder delay. They seem more likely to cancel the preorders when they were put up during a sale. Or rather, that's what it seems like to me anyway.

I've been wanting Squeezeplay forever. That was one of my favorites way back when. It's going to be amazing to finally get a real update that's not just that little T-Rex to wyvern Titanmaster Crashbash from Titans Return or the redecoed Titan/Headmaster Cancer from Takara. Just one more now. Hopefully it won't be two years away again.

The rest are fine I guess.

While I did see why people thought Chase would be used for Prime Cliffjumper, I don't much care for it. It's fine and all, I just though this would make a better RotF Lockdown with how the weapon system works, how the legs work, the parts layout for robot mode, the transformation and so on. Hasbro seems to know that the Star Seekers Lockdown isn't perfect though so maybe it's still in the works. That Chase mold just screamed Lockdown to me when I first got it in hand.

Tarn is Tarn I guess. I have retail Tarn. I now have Cyberverse Tarn. Two if I don't cancel the Pulse preorder which I will as it gets closer to release. I was kinda hoping for RiD Blastwave or Banzaitron from Bludgeon or RiD Megatronus from Tarn or as another retool. Blastwave in particular for this set so Cliffjumper isn't the lone Autobot again.

Tarantulas is cool. Almost looks like Drill Bit or Drillnuts in that shade of brown/orange. Which could work from that mold if they retooled the beast head, the beast legs and swapped the mandibles/robot arms for the horn and drill. Swap another few pieces to get Insecticon and Beetle.
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178270)
Posted by Rtron on March 28th, 2024 @ 8:58am CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:No one on Seibertron wanted an updated Squeezeplay more than me, but sweet Primus, how did he end up looking so much better than his original toy in bot mode, but like some sort of giant custom Kreon in creature mode? Oh well, you can't have everything.

And I am suddenly so happy I never shelled out for Tarn online after never seeing him in store. Not as happy as the Cybertronian grunt last year made me though; nothing will likely ever top that Target-exclusive 4-pack, the most Buzz-worthy of all time.

CJ is oddly the one I'm most meh about. Legacy screwing the pooch on the aesthetics of Prime characters up until now means that even when Hasbro does one right, it just makes me want to shell out for vintage stuff I never got. Legacy would seriously have to start churning out new Arms Microns to make me give a crap at this point. But he looks good.

Now, as for alternate-reality Tarantulas...does anyone else ever find their mind instantly projects a persona onto a new toy at first sight, and then you can't shake it, no matter how little was ever backing it up? Whatever this Tarantulas's prowess in ninjutsu is, I can't see him as having any of his cartoon counterpart's genius. In fact, he looks so dim-witted that I pity him, and yet IDK why I'm jumping to this conclusion. I think the two factors at play are the similarity to Scorponok's prototype color scheme, and an issue of the unofficial G2 Continued comic that depicted him as wandering the wasteland apparently brain-damaged or something. I'm sure I'll get some other random impression of him once his toy's in hand, and that really will take me back to the good ol' Beast Wars days, when some toys simply exuded personality when handled, most notably both versions of Spittor.


Tarantula's toy DID have an intelligence of FOUR on his tech specs back in the day. Ninja Tarantulas and Mutant Tigatron! Iconic boxart that never happened duo.
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178271)
Posted by TOO MUCH ENERGON! on March 28th, 2024 @ 9:34am CDT
Lmao those last two images of Magmatron look like some kind of ungodly f-ck train.
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178272)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on March 28th, 2024 @ 10:02am CDT
Yet another character that I want trapped in a 5 pack. I think Hasbro is really trying to bankrupt us all. I might just bite the bullet, I need that Squeezeplay. So glad they kept him a Headmaster, makes me a little saltier about Minerva but whatever.

Is that Tarantulas based on the trading card art, or the Tarantulas seen in the pre-show commercials? I hope they release a Blackarachnia in his mold as well.
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178276)
Posted by Overcracker on March 28th, 2024 @ 10:44am CDT
Stormshot_Prime wrote:Yet another character that I want trapped in a 5 pack. I think Hasbro is really trying to bankrupt us all. I might just bite the bullet, I need that Squeezeplay. So glad they kept him a Headmaster, makes me a little saltier about Minerva but whatever.

Is that Tarantulas based on the trading card art, or the Tarantulas seen in the pre-show commercials? I hope they release a Blackarachnia in his mold as well.


Pre-show commercials as mentioned by the guys during the stream, even though it's not translucent.
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178278)
Posted by Lexomatic on March 28th, 2024 @ 11:00am CDT
I had completely forgotten about Squeezeplay as a G1 Headmaster (1988). I like the general shape and colors (needs an ink wash...) of this version, but the tiny Decepticon sigil on the lower edge of the chestplate is disappointing. This sometimes happens with recent toys -- oodles of molded detail but a paucity of flat surfaces in the usual positions (upper-center chest, shoulders) for tampo'd badging. I suspect lack of coordination between design teams.

The beast mode could make a fun cosplay: boxy, bright colors, an obscure character so you can take liberties to make the design wearable, no worry about articulating a humanoid mouth-plate.

(FWIW, the head design with cobra-hood curving like a cowl over the shoulders resembles the the Invid Regent from Robotech: Sentinels; just add a couple of nose-tendrils and de-emphasize the mouth.)
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178279)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on March 28th, 2024 @ 11:01am CDT
Grahf_ wrote:
Which means that they'll be sure to cancel my order first chance they get even after I approve the preorder delay. They seem more likely to cancel the preorders when they were put up during a sale. Or rather, that's what it seems like to me anyway.


We should be just fine in this case. The cancel after approval seemed like it was most prominent for ER and back then the release date was more than 6 months away. The 6 month mark appears to be something in Target's system that jettison's the orders. Since these are due in July, we shouldn't be anywhere close to the 6 month mark

I ordered the troop builder 4 pack last year with a similar sale and that came out just fine.
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178282)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 28th, 2024 @ 11:18am CDT
Stormshot_Prime wrote:Is that Tarantulas based on the trading card art, or the Tarantulas seen in the pre-show commercials? I hope they release a Blackarachnia in his mold as well.
They said in the stream that this Tarantulas is meant to go with the Blackarachnia we already got in the previous 4-pack.
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178285)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 28th, 2024 @ 11:39am CDT
Squeezeplay is the only 1 I really want, though I would take either Cliffy or Tarantulas as well, if someone wants to split a set.
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178287)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on March 28th, 2024 @ 11:42am CDT
Just wanted to point out that if you have Target Circle, there's a deal right now for $20 off a $75 toy purchase. And if you have a Red Card, that's another $3 off... So it's possible to get this 4-pk for basically $62.
Not too shabby.
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178301)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on March 28th, 2024 @ 1:07pm CDT
Dammit. I'm getting that four pack.
Tarantulas I'll rename and make him a star raider or something

Squeezeplay will go straight to Mayhem for me

Cliffjumper will be the prize

Tarn... I'm just gonna foolishly hope there's an alt head or something
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178302)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 28th, 2024 @ 1:15pm CDT
Razorbeast88 wrote:Dammit. I'm getting that four pack.
Tarantulas I'll rename and make him a star raider or something
According to JTPrime, this Tarantulas was originally going to be in the main Legacy Evolution line before Hasbro decided to just go with a straight rerelease of the normal Legacy Tarantulas, and it would have been a new character named Chimeracon.

Not entirely sure how that name fits since spiders aren't chimeras, but whatever.

Razorbeast88 wrote:Tarn... I'm just gonna foolishly hope there's an alt head or something
We've seen the mold's alternate head. It's Bludgeon, remember? ;)
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178303)
Posted by o.supreme on March 28th, 2024 @ 1:49pm CDT
I honestly wonder if someone at Hasbro saw Spetre Creatives video when I was asking about the 4pack with Fangry a couple of years ago ( why it was a store exclusive instead of a selects release, which he totally botched btw)...and said....yeah well do that again with Squeezeplay. :roll: . I'm glad I don't want these guys, but I feel sorry for those trying to complete them. I guess we'll get Horri-Bull in 2026.
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178315)
Posted by bluecatcinema on March 28th, 2024 @ 3:51pm CDT
Squeezeplay and Cliffjumper look pretty good.
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178316)
Posted by blackeyedprime on March 28th, 2024 @ 3:59pm CDT
Really dunno on this one. Squeeze play for sure. titan masters are a must for me. Tarn looks okay but IDW stuff is stuff I really dont need at all even under the cyberverse label. Cliffjumper looks fairly good for a modern carbot other than his bots forearms and orange tarantulus is just something I can leave despite wanting toy colours blackarachnia.
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178317)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 28th, 2024 @ 4:20pm CDT
Oof, Squeezeplay looks rough, being based on Mindwipe... Yeah, I may have to get him as a replacement for the TR Crashbash I lost. Missed out on Fangry tho... Calling Skullcruncher into Horri-Bull/Terri-Bull right here.

Sabrblade wrote:Not entirely sure how that name fits since spiders aren't chimeras, but whatever.


There is an extinct genus of arachnid called Chimerarachne, basically looks like a spider with a tail. Wait a second...
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178321)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on March 28th, 2024 @ 6:24pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Does anyone remember the last time they saw a complete wave, core through leader, at retail at the same time?
Sure. Legacy Wave 1. :P


Really? All at once, not trickling out?
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178329)
Posted by SpaceEagle on March 28th, 2024 @ 7:55pm CDT
Only one I'm not too crazy about is Tarn but that's only because I already have the standard release - still will definitely get this for the other figures, especially Squeezeplay. Kinda unfortunate the extra Decepticon Headmasters have been confined to sets but that's probably the best way to keep them from shelfwarming lol.
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178332)
Posted by conartist on March 28th, 2024 @ 8:54pm CDT
I think that Squeezeplay may possibly be mistransformed in that pic- he's got the little blue monster legs on his back that look like they could fold down like the G1 toy, and the robot arms could be moved out of the way, maybe.
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178333)
Posted by Till-all-R1 on March 28th, 2024 @ 9:05pm CDT
None of these are my ting, especially a 4-pk. I might have considered Cliffjumper had it been a solo release just cuz I like the alt mode and CJ in general. Though admittedly not the biggest fan of this iteration of the character.
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178334)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 28th, 2024 @ 9:23pm CDT
Till-all-R1 wrote:None of these are my ting, especially a 4-pk. I might have considered Cliffjumper had it been a solo release just cuz I like the alt mode and CJ in general. Though admittedly not the biggest fan of this iteration of the character.
Not a fan of Dwayne Johnson, I take it. ;)
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178338)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on March 29th, 2024 @ 12:13am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Razorbeast88 wrote:Dammit. I'm getting that four pack.
Tarantulas I'll rename and make him a star raider or something
According to JTPrime, this Tarantulas was originally going to be in the main Legacy Evolution line before Hasbro decided to just go with a straight rerelease of the normal Legacy Tarantulas, and it would have been a new character named Chimeracon.

Not entirely sure how that name fits since spiders aren't chimeras, but whatever.

Razorbeast88 wrote:Tarn... I'm just gonna foolishly hope there's an alt head or something
We've seen the mold's alternate head. It's Bludgeon, remember? ;)



Chimeracon.. alright I'll go with it, doubt I'd come up with anything better myself

Ahhhh true true. Guess I'm SOL on that one then
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178350)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on March 29th, 2024 @ 8:31am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Razorbeast88 wrote:Tarn... I'm just gonna foolishly hope there's an alt head or something
We've seen the mold's alternate head. It's Bludgeon, remember? ;)



Given the extortionate price of Tarn at the moment. This one appeals to me. Another (cheaper) Tarn for my Bludgeon-led army building! :lol:
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178371)
Posted by Till-all-R1 on March 29th, 2024 @ 12:09pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Till-all-R1 wrote:None of these are my ting, especially a 4-pk. I might have considered Cliffjumper had it been a solo release just cuz I like the alt mode and CJ in general. Though admittedly not the biggest fan of this iteration of the character.
Not a fan of Dwayne Johnson, I take it. ;)

I actually don't really have any feelings either way. He's a decent showman, but not that great of an actor. He's okay in some movies I've seen though, problem is he's basically the same character in every one of them which means you seen one then you've seen em all. lol

Why, was he the inspiration for this version of Cliffjumper? it's been a very long time since I watched an episode of this particular show and didn't watch again because it didn't appeal to me.
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178372)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 29th, 2024 @ 12:12pm CDT
Till-all-R1 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Till-all-R1 wrote:None of these are my ting, especially a 4-pk. I might have considered Cliffjumper had it been a solo release just cuz I like the alt mode and CJ in general. Though admittedly not the biggest fan of this iteration of the character.
Not a fan of Dwayne Johnson, I take it. ;)

I actually don't really have any feelings either way. He's a decent showman, but not that great of an actor. He's okay in some movies I've seen though, problem is he's basically the same character in every one of them which means you seen one then you've seen em all. lol

Why, was he the inspiration for this version of Cliffjumper? it's been a very long time since I watched an episode of this particular show and didn't watch again because it didn't appeal to me.
He was that Cliffjumper.

...for the five minutes of screentime he had before they killed him off.

And because Johnson was too expensive, they recast him with a soundalike when they brought Cliff back for a flashback episode set before his death.
Re: First Look at Transformers Legacy Squeezplay, Prime Cliffjumper, Orange Tarantulas, Cyberverse Tarn (2178403)
Posted by Ig89ninja on March 29th, 2024 @ 9:24pm CDT
Darn these multipacks! There's always one figure I want, like mainline Cheetor and Airazor from ROTB or Cliffjumper here, but I can never justify buying them because of the other figures bumping the price!

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 3rd ptg Image Comics 2023 0823IM820 (CA) Flaviano (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero YO JOE #1 IDW Comics 2022 DEC210518 (CA) Maine"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #2 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Golden (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE YEARBOOK #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr D Doubt Image Comics 2023 1123IM811 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #302 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 302C 1023IM319 (CA)Walker"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #18 IDW Comics 2012 210411A (CA) Loh (W) Dixon (A) Rosado"
GI JOE #18 IDW Com ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #4 RI 1:10 virgin IDW Comics 2009 FEB094332 4RI (A/CA) Johnson (W) Dixon"
GI JOE #4 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 2E 1223IM263 (CA) Dragotta"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #281 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 210518A 281RI (CA)Maloney"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM894 (CA) Flaviano (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #5 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 1E GI JOE 1023IM263 (CA) Sorrentino"
DUKE #1 Cvr E 1:50 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TALES OF GI JOE #15 Marvel Comics 1989 (A/CA) Vosburg (W) Hama 220721A"
TALES OF GI JOE #1 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Motormaster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Xort and Highbrow" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON