This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw

Transformers News: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw

Tuesday, January 25th, 2022 11:06PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 43,379

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

We've seen images of these toys already but this is out best look yet at two upcoming Generations Selects figures, Nightprowler and Buzzsaw. Both of these toys have aspects that callback to their portrayals. While the original Waspinator mold had both a mutant and robot face, Waspinator was always shown with his mutant face while Buzzsaw's art always had him with his robot face, hence why this toy has a new head. As for Nightprowler, he was originally supposed to show up in the Universe line, which had Autobots vs Decepticons, even though the line was rereleasing molds from the Beast Wars era. So, this release of Nightprowler is also an Autobot rather than a Maximal.
These images come to us from a Chefatron review.

Transformers News: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw

Transformers News: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw

Transformers News: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw

Transformers News: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw

Transformers News: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw

Transformers News: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw

Transformers News: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw

Transformers News: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw

Transformers News: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw

Transformers News: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw
Credit(s): Chefatron

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2126188)
Posted by Emerje on January 26th, 2022 @ 12:41am CST
Mistransformed the same mold three times in each mode, now that's talent!

Emerje
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2126195)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 26th, 2022 @ 4:43am CST
Emerje wrote:Mistransformed the same mold three times in each mode, now that's talent!

Emerje


What part is mistransformerd? The chest of the cheetah seems way too sunken. Is that it? :-?
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2126200)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on January 26th, 2022 @ 6:40am CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Emerje wrote:Mistransformed the same mold three times in each mode, now that's talent!

Emerje


What part is mistransformerd? The chest of the cheetah seems way too sunken. Is that it? :-?


Yep, for bot mode, you push those flaps in to form his chest. He forgot to pull them back out for beast mode. At least he is consistent?
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2126212)
Posted by truegrit on January 26th, 2022 @ 9:09am CST
Seeing the colors on that DK-2 Guard now, I really want a Transformers crossover A-Team van. Ironhide's head already has a mohawk going on…
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2126250)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 26th, 2022 @ 8:20pm CST
truegrit wrote:Seeing the colors on that DK-2 Guard now, I really want a Transformers crossover A-Team van. Ironhide's head already has a mohawk going on…


Maaaan, I want that too but we're not going to get it now since we're already getting a black Ironhide.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2126253)
Posted by Emerje on January 26th, 2022 @ 8:34pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
truegrit wrote:Seeing the colors on that DK-2 Guard now, I really want a Transformers crossover A-Team van. Ironhide's head already has a mohawk going on…


Maaaan, I want that too but we're not going to get it now since we're already getting a black Ironhide.

There's still a lot of room for retooling if they're going for accuracy like they did with other crossovers like Ecto-1 and the DeLorean. At that point color wouldn't matter.

Emerje
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2126346)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on January 28th, 2022 @ 6:20am CST
Who-hoo Lift Ticket is getting ready to ship from Pulse!
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2126353)
Posted by sol magnus on January 28th, 2022 @ 7:43am CST
TF-fan kev777 wrote:Who-hoo Lift Ticket is getting ready to ship from Pulse!

If only that was the only thing that is coming early. my Pulsecon Emperor (which was supposed to be available right then but magically became a pre-order) and BEHOLD!! GALVATRON!!! are also in the queue.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2126359)
Posted by o.supreme on January 28th, 2022 @ 9:24am CST
Really? Lift Ticket already, and still no Black Zarak. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2126365)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 28th, 2022 @ 10:36am CST
o.supreme wrote:Really? Lift Ticket already, and still no Black Zarak. :BANG_HEAD:


Maybe the other stores will get theirs when HP is ready to ship?
I paid mine months ago and Age 3 & Up still have no clue when Zarak will ship.

It's worrying.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2126368)
Posted by o.supreme on January 28th, 2022 @ 10:48am CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:
o.supreme wrote:Really? Lift Ticket already, and still no Black Zarak. :BANG_HEAD:


Maybe the other stores will get theirs when HP is ready to ship?
I paid mine months ago and Age 3 & Up still have no clue when Zarak will ship.

It's worrying.


Asia and Europe has received him already (I cant speak for Pulse UK, but I know other European retailers have already shipped him).

I mean...we know it's out there, because many fans in other countries already have it. I just don't know what's going on with North America.

Surprisingly, I was turned on to the idea of using GameStop as a barometer, which I found to be true as I got Artfire in store from them about 6 weeks before it shipped on Pulse.

GameStop however, keeps delaying their release date of BZ as well, so like everyone else, I am stuck without any barometer other than Pulse's ever fluid shipping date which is *currently* 3/1/22.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2126373)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on January 28th, 2022 @ 11:03am CST
o.supreme wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
o.supreme wrote:Really? Lift Ticket already, and still no Black Zarak. :BANG_HEAD:


Maybe the other stores will get theirs when HP is ready to ship?
I paid mine months ago and Age 3 & Up still have no clue when Zarak will ship.

It's worrying.


Asia and Europe has received him already (I cant speak for Pulse UK, but I know other European retailers have already shipped him).

I mean...we know it's out there, because many fans in other countries already have it. I just don't know what's going on with North America.

Surprisingly, I was turned on to the idea of using GameStop as a barometer, which I found to be true as I got Artfire in store from them about 6 weeks before it shipped on Pulse.

GameStop however, keeps delaying their release date of BZ as well, so like everyone else, I am stuck without any barometer other than Pulse's ever fluid shipping date which is *currently* 3/1/22.


They are likely still on a ship waiting their turn. My guess would be Hasbro shipped everything for North America together since Gamestop doesn't have theirs yet. Asia is much closer by boat, and it wouldn't surprise me if Europe got theirs by air shipment if the numbers were small enough.

Also remember scale, we are probably talking multiple cargo containers for the BZ shipment versus 1, maybe 2 for Lift Ticket. If a ship has room for an extra container or 2, Lift Ticket would go first before BZ.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2126472)
Posted by Overcracker on January 29th, 2022 @ 7:51pm CST
Just got G2 Ramjet, and man is he awesome.Don’t have the Ramjer, Dirge two pack so had not seen the mold changes to the seeker mold but they are fantastic. He looks imposing and cool. The black, purple and dayglowteal work together really well. His joints are much tighter than on Thundercracker or Skywarp.

Also, his head seems to be locked in place, or the joint is so tight I can’t actually move it.

The only thing that’s weird are his thigh-high boots. While the other seekers tuck the knee pads under the waist piece. Ramjet’s go on top of it but don’t actually peg anywhere that I can see.

8C30E195-810C-4B11-B9B3-F7F6D50B3CCF.jpeg

183FBFF4-EB0D-49AA-82E4-22AA1FCD5BE2.jpeg

CD82C466-6420-468A-8A65-F9380D34FFD1.jpeg

243417FC-E908-4D10-8C35-B3D961948BA7.jpeg

AE5AB5EA-D80F-42DC-BB2B-B14E3DF8FAF6.jpeg
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2126473)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 29th, 2022 @ 10:00pm CST
Overcracker wrote:The only thing that’s weird are his thigh-high boots. While the other seekers tuck the knee pads under the waist piece. Ramjet’s go on top of it but don’t actually peg anywhere that I can see.
All of the Earthrise Coneheads' knees are like that, because of how their cartoon models were.

Image
Image
Image
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2126526)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 30th, 2022 @ 12:13pm CST
I probably missed something but what extra accessory is coming with the black Ironhide repaint?
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2126528)
Posted by Rtron on January 30th, 2022 @ 12:16pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I probably missed something but what extra accessory is coming with the black Ironhide repaint?


They're talking about the shield that forms the top of the van. It's a very big extra accessory compared to the original Siege deluxe mold.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2126582)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 30th, 2022 @ 7:00pm CST
I managed to sneak my Guard Preorder in when it was still $22.99, didn't know it would go up. Guess we'll have to see when the next deluxe goes up if that is an actual price change or just a unique case.

I too was told Lift Ticket is prepping to ship. Interesting, but kinda Argh that there is something else yet coming early. I am not liking the amount of early items right now.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2126583)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 30th, 2022 @ 7:11pm CST
"Guard" the Van could have been so easily named "Vanguard".
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2126860)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 3rd, 2022 @ 7:30pm CST
Thanks to Seibertron user hiway7, we have notice that a new video review has been posted for the new Transformers Generations Selects Lift Ticket. Lift Ticket is the diaclone repaint of the Earthrise Hoist figure, which was released 2 years ago, featuring a red and yellow paint scheme complete with the Wrecker logo across the doors. Lift Ticket is currently coming in stock at Hasbro Pulse, and has either shipped out or will be shipping out shortly for those who preordered him.

Check out the video review below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2126878)
Posted by cloudballoon on February 4th, 2022 @ 1:41am CST
HmHmmm! Makes me think of a Big Mac & fries.

Joking aside, the colors & deco really make the figure POP!
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2127096)
Posted by o.supreme on February 7th, 2022 @ 12:09am CST
tf-collector-legacy-black-zarak-review--p2127084.php#p2127084

Lore Keepers review of Selects Black Zarak may not be the first, but it's certainly one of the best and most comprehensive so far.

Also we get confirmation that BZ is in stock at BBTS. If it wasn't for the taxes making it more expensive, I'd cancel my Pulse pre order, but I'm still hoping GameStop in my the United States gets it soon,since Canada now seems to be getting them in stock.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2127099)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 7th, 2022 @ 4:49am CST
Me, waiting for my BZ shipping notice from Age 3 & Up...

Image
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2127104)
Posted by o.supreme on February 7th, 2022 @ 9:17am CST
^ I recall you saying you already paid for your BZ in advance. Are you able to cancel and get a refund? I was just wondering in case you were able to go to a local GameStop and actually find one in store, I've read online they are showing up at Canadian GameStop stores, and they are supposed to start shipping to customers who pre-ordered in the U.S. starting next week sometime, which would place them starting to show up in U.S. stores I'd imagine as well around that same time.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2127106)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 7th, 2022 @ 10:01am CST
o.supreme wrote:^ I recall you saying you already paid for your BZ in advance. Are you able to cancel and get a refund? I was just wondering in case you were able to go to a local GameStop and actually find one in store, I've read online they are showing up at Canadian GameStop stores, and they are supposed to start shipping to customers who pre-ordered in the U.S. starting next week sometime, which would place them starting to show up in U.S. stores I'd imagine as well around that same time.


I think it's too late for a refund.
Beside, mine was at least 50$can cheaper than GameStop over-all. I'll just have to wait some more.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2127107)
Posted by o.supreme on February 7th, 2022 @ 10:16am CST
I get that. As I said earlier. If not for the increased price and taxes, I'd be ordering from BBTS right now and canceling my Pulse order.

Fortunately GameStop (at least in the United States), charges the same amount as Pulse was initially (before the price increase), plus there would be no shipping cost, and I have GS discount coupons on top of all of that, so getting it form GameStop in a store would be an all around win vs Pulse. I would order form their site, but the item is not available currently, which is a shame, because GS had a great sale on toys which would have included BZ if it were available to pre-order.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2127141)
Posted by o.supreme on February 8th, 2022 @ 11:16am CST
I was hoping for a TF Tuesday reveal today, we shall see in the next few minutes if anything. I know there have been a ton of name leaks, and store listings, but I believe (correct me if I am mistaken), but Diaclone Bluestreak is the only leaked toy image of anything from Generations that hasn't been officially revealed correct? well...I guess Titan Cybertron Metroplex counts too, but I figure that reveal is still a ways off.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2127146)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on February 8th, 2022 @ 12:40pm CST
o.supreme wrote:I believe (correct me if I am mistaken), but Diaclone Bluestreak is the only leaked toy image of anything from Generations that hasn't been officially revealed correct? well...I guess Titan Cybertron Metroplex counts too, but I figure that reveal is still a ways off.
I think that is accurate, yeah, although Silverstreak is supposed to be a Target exclusive, so the most likely candidates for a Tuesday reveal would be DK3/Blue Trailbreaker and the Cyclonus' Armada repaint as the only remaining Selects that we know of (assuming Clampdown has had his Selects release cancelled as the leakers believe).

Looks like Pulse's new stuff for today is some Marvel and Star Wars drops though.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2127148)
Posted by o.supreme on February 8th, 2022 @ 12:54pm CST
Nemesis Primal wrote:I think that is accurate, yeah, although Silverstreak is supposed to be a Target exclusive, so the most likely candidates for a Tuesday reveal would be DK3/Blue Trailbreaker and the Cyclonus' Armada repaint as the only remaining Selects that we know of (assuming Clampdown has had his Selects release cancelled as the leakers believe).

Looks like Pulse's new stuff for today is some Marvel and Star Wars drops though.


Cool. There haven't been any leaked pics of DK-3 yet, so either its a ways off, or he has been leak proof, which isn't bad. I wasn't even aware of the possibility Clampdown...interesting though.

yeah...I got the email about the Sar Wars and Marvel Legends X-Men drops. Cool for fans of those lines, no TF news is sad though.

I'll keep holding out hope for some news about Black Zarak this week from Pulse or Gamestop...Probably not though.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2127149)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on February 8th, 2022 @ 1:07pm CST
o.supreme wrote:I wasn't even aware of the possibility Clampdown...interesting though.
Clampdown is in a weird spot. When he first leaked, he was in the same situation as Deep Cover last year, where he had a Selects listing and a separate Walmart exclusive listing, so people were speculating one would be the Siege mold and one would be the retooled Kingdom mold, but now the leakers have said more recently that Selects Clampdown has been stricken/is missing from the more recent order sheets, so that release may have been cancelled? It's up in the air.

If Selects Clampdown is cancelled though, I'm curious if Hasbro's going to release another Selects we haven't heard about yet to replace him (Detritus, Loudpedal, and/or another missing Seeker please).
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2127150)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on February 8th, 2022 @ 1:41pm CST
Or maybe Clampdown is being moved to a multipack with other uses of the Kingdom Sideswipe tooling? They did that for Spin Out and Cordon from the Earthrise Sunstreaker mold. It would be an easy way to put out the “Earthmode” versions of Tigertrack and Deep Cover, for instance.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2127151)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 8th, 2022 @ 2:24pm CST
Or it could be a case of mistaken identities...
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2127152)
Posted by Emerje on February 8th, 2022 @ 2:24pm CST
Earth mode Clampdown and Deep Cover as a two pack would make a lot of sense. I don't see them revisiting the Siege mold, but starting fresh with a pair of Earthrise molds would make for a nice set.

Emerje
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2127153)
Posted by sol magnus on February 8th, 2022 @ 2:28pm CST
Emerje wrote:Earth mode Clampdown and Deep Cover as a two pack would make a lot of sense. I don't see them revisiting the Siege mold, but starting fresh with a pair of Earthrise molds would make for a nice set.

Emerje

I thought CLampdown was in Velocitron with an Earth Mode (which makes no sense)?
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2127154)
Posted by Emerje on February 8th, 2022 @ 2:49pm CST
sol magnus wrote:
Emerje wrote:Earth mode Clampdown and Deep Cover as a two pack would make a lot of sense. I don't see them revisiting the Siege mold, but starting fresh with a pair of Earthrise molds would make for a nice set.

Emerje

I thought CLampdown was in Velocitron with an Earth Mode (which makes no sense)?

Forgot about that, was a mold ever said or was it just assumed because it's the most recent? Using the Siege mold for the Velocitron series and using the Earth mode in Selects seems like the best way to go similar to how Deep Cover was done.

Emerje
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2127155)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on February 8th, 2022 @ 2:52pm CST
Wolfman Jake wrote:It would be an easy way to put out the “Earthmode” versions of Tigertrack and Deep Cover, for instance.
....I don't foresee them coming out with Earth mode versions of those 2, honestly. Hasbro still hasn't done an Earth mode redo for Hound yet, despite those who claim that Hasbro needs to, I highly doubt they're going to prioritize updating two nobody repaints when they aren't even committing to updating all the Ark cast. Plus there's still so many other characters Selects could do, I don't think they need to do repeat characters (Megatron gets a pass because he's Megatron, of course they did multiples of him, and those had VERY different decos).

sol magnus wrote:
Emerje wrote:Earth mode Clampdown and Deep Cover as a two pack would make a lot of sense. I don't see them revisiting the Siege mold, but starting fresh with a pair of Earthrise molds would make for a nice set.

Emerje

I thought CLampdown was in Velocitron with an Earth Mode (which makes no sense)?
A Clampdown is in the Velocitron lineup, we have no clue which mold it uses. The whole "one will be the Siege mold, one will be the ER/Kingdom mold" was what people settled on as the only logical reason why there would be 2 Clampdowns (doing the color-invert they did to Deep Cover doesn't really work here), but we honestly know nothing about either release other than "we had listings for 2, one of them is gone now".
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2127156)
Posted by Emerje on February 8th, 2022 @ 3:05pm CST
Honestly I'd rather have proper Earth mode versions of Clampdown and Deep Cover than some of the random Diaclone repaints we're getting.

Emerje
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2127165)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 8th, 2022 @ 7:51pm CST
Black Zarak continues to look nice. I had a fakeout this morning thinking i was charged for him, but it was only a marvel legends astral Strange.

I'm kinda surprised there were no selects reveals friday, but that is ok for right now
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2127198)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 9th, 2022 @ 7:56am CST
JD Red Knight exist.
It's a repaint/remold of a Movie toy.
On the box, no truck nor Paramount license is seen.


Does that means Movie Select toys are possible, even if those would too, be Hasbro Asia exclusives?

20220207_212113.jpg
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2127200)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 9th, 2022 @ 8:50am CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:JD Red Knight exist.
It's a repaint/remold of a Movie toy.
On the box, no truck nor Paramount license is seen.


Does that means Movie Select toys are possible, even if those would too, be Hasbro Asia exclusives?

20220207_212113.jpg
Is that a brand new JD Red Knight, or is that just the same one that came out four years ago in 2018?
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2127209)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 9th, 2022 @ 11:30am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:JD Red Knight exist.
It's a repaint/remold of a Movie toy.
On the box, no truck nor Paramount license is seen.


Does that means Movie Select toys are possible, even if those would too, be Hasbro Asia exclusives?

20220207_212113.jpg
Is that a brand new JD Red Knight, or is that just the same one that came out four years ago in 2018?


The same old one.

That was a one shot deal.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2127213)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 9th, 2022 @ 12:10pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:JD Red Knight exist.
It's a repaint/remold of a Movie toy.
On the box, no truck nor Paramount license is seen.


Does that means Movie Select toys are possible, even if those would too, be Hasbro Asia exclusives?

20220207_212113.jpg
Is that a brand new JD Red Knight, or is that just the same one that came out four years ago in 2018?


The same old one.

That was a one shot deal.
Then it's a figure from before the Selects line first existed.

The thing about the Studio Series live action movie molds is that they're based on designs owned by Paramount. JD Red Knight went and stripped away enough of its visual resemblance to AOE Galvatron in robot mode to pass legal. But at which point would beg the question of what good reusing live action movie molds would be if so much of the molds' original identities would need to be excised for such use in the first place.

I would think more Movieverse fans would prefer that the molds be used in such a way that let them resemble the designs they were made to resemble instead of stripping them of so much of their core identity as live action movie designs.

Basically, it's a question of what good it would do to "de-Movieverse" the Movieverse molds, especially in lieu of just using other non-Movieverse molds for said purposes.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2127219)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 9th, 2022 @ 2:02pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:JD Red Knight exist.
It's a repaint/remold of a Movie toy.
On the box, no truck nor Paramount license is seen.


Does that means Movie Select toys are possible, even if those would too, be Hasbro Asia exclusives?

20220207_212113.jpg
Is that a brand new JD Red Knight, or is that just the same one that came out four years ago in 2018?


The same old one.

That was a one shot deal.
Then it's a figure from before the Selects line first existed.

The thing about the Studio Series live action movie molds is that they're based on designs owned by Paramount. JD Red Knight went and stripped away enough of its visual resemblance to AOE Galvatron in robot mode to pass legal. But at which point would beg the question of what good reusing live action movie molds would be if so much of the molds' original identities would need to be excised for such use in the first place.

I would think more Movieverse fans would prefer that the molds be used in such a way that let them resemble the designs they were made to resemble instead of stripping them of so much of their core identity as live action movie designs.

Basically, it's a question of what good it would do to "de-Movieverse" the Movieverse molds, especially in lieu of just using other non-Movieverse molds for said purposes.


Wait, there's no truck license info? Odd, as the original AoE Galvatron did make a slight mention to its manufacturer Daimler Trucks North America and its Freightliner line:

Image
Transformers Age of Extinction: Generations Galvatron Gallery

... tho no logo to be seen on the toy. :-?

:EDIT: Ah, found it, it's on the back of his box, on the bottom.

Do take note that JD Red Knight is a sponsored exclusive for the Chinese JD.com ("Jingdong") online store, and as such carries its logo and mascot.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2127229)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on February 9th, 2022 @ 5:17pm CST
This guy showed up today...
Image

Obviously he photographed darker than he really is...
Wanted to share my thoughts and give a loose review.

There's really not anything I can think of that I don't like about this figure.
This is a release where it's different, yet it works really well imo, and everything that makes him different is well done.
I wouldn't ever say someone who doesn't have this figure is missing out.
But I am beyond happy with this purchase, and I don't think there would've been any way to know without having him in-hand.

Unlike almost every photo I've seen of this guy, the opaque and translucent plastic colors match much closer than it has appeared.
The translucent plastic is solid... More so than some of the solid plastic on other figures, and it truly makes some of the clear plastic used for some of the vehicle windshields look and feel stupid cheap.
The white linework... Incredibly well done. So far I've found a couple mistakes, but both are minute. the average person probably would never see them.
All of the joints are just as tight as my Kingdom copy.
There's not too much more to say... If you were on the fence about him, and he becomes available again, I would say go for it.

Now, the extras... For me, because I don't have Haslab Unicron, are fine... But I'm not even sure I'll hold onto them. I'm betting there are people out there that would pay a little bit to have those as part of their display.

Now I'm tempted to get the R.E.D. Reformatting Megatron and display them on stands side by side...

*Edit: Also, having this figure really makes me wish the Kingdom version was a more muted, light tone of Blue-Violet as he looked most of the time in the movie.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2127261)
Posted by sol magnus on February 10th, 2022 @ 9:00am CST
I didn't have him out when I shot this, but yes - Behold, Galvatron! (or bonus free Galvatron for the extra bits for the Unicron I'll be getting next week) showed up yesterday.

IMG_8413.jpg


Sowndwave76 wrote:*Edit: Also, having this figure really makes me wish the Kingdom version was a more muted, light tone of Blue-Violet as he looked most of the time in the movie.


Hilariously, the Legacy Galvatron at least seems to have that muted color palette going by the photos I've seen. If this turns out to be in fact the case (we already know the paint for the fuel or whatever is gone), that will be by FOURTH (!!!!) Galvatron.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2127265)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 10th, 2022 @ 9:39am CST
If I find that Galvatron in the wild, it will be hard to resist.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2127266)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 10th, 2022 @ 9:42am CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:If I find that Galvatron in the wild, it will be hard to resist.
Do Hasbro PulseCon exclusives usually show up "in the wild" (and for reasonable prices)?
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2127267)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 10th, 2022 @ 9:47am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:If I find that Galvatron in the wild, it will be hard to resist.
Do Hasbro PulseCon exclusives usually show up "in the wild" (and for reasonable prices)?


So far, most Pulse exclusives has been popping up at Canadian GameStop. So the possibility is there.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2127268)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 10th, 2022 @ 9:52am CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:If I find that Galvatron in the wild, it will be hard to resist.
Do Hasbro PulseCon exclusives usually show up "in the wild" (and for reasonable prices)?


So far, most Pulse exclusives has been popping up at Canadian GameStop. So the possibility is there.
Did the Quintesson Pit of Judgement ever show up?

There is a difference between mere Pulse exclusives and those that are specifically PulseCon exclusives.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2127269)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 10th, 2022 @ 10:18am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:If I find that Galvatron in the wild, it will be hard to resist.
Do Hasbro PulseCon exclusives usually show up "in the wild" (and for reasonable prices)?


So far, most Pulse exclusives has been popping up at Canadian GameStop. So the possibility is there.
Did the Quintesson Pit of Judgement ever show up?

There is a difference between mere Pulse exclusives and those that are specifically PulseCon exclusives.


That Pit never shown, but I rule nothing out.
Re: In Hand Images of Transformers Generations Selects Nightprowler and Buzzsaw (2127273)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on February 10th, 2022 @ 11:54am CST
sol magnus wrote:I didn't have him out when I shot this, but yes - Behold, Galvatron! (or bonus free Galvatron for the extra bits for the Unicron I'll be getting next week) showed up yesterday.

IMG_8413.jpg


Sowndwave76 wrote:*Edit: Also, having this figure really makes me wish the Kingdom version was a more muted, light tone of Blue-Violet as he looked most of the time in the movie.


Hilariously, the Legacy Galvatron at least seems to have that muted color palette going by the photos I've seen. If this turns out to be in fact the case (we already know the paint for the fuel or whatever is gone), that will be by FOURTH (!!!!) Galvatron.


I have also decided that if the Legacy version is in fact a more muted, less Red-Violet color, I will get it. Especially having sans battle damage paint apps... That will be enough of an improvement of his appearance to make it worth it for me.

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WEB OF SPIDER-MAN #2 var Marvel Comics 2021 NOV200573 (CA) Alburquerque"
WEB OF SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN & SCOOBY-DOO MYSTERIES #10 DC Comics 0523DC252 (A/CA) Brizuela (W) Cohen"
BATMAN & SCOOBY-DO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #4 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 0323DC073 4B (W) Williamson (CA) Rodriguez"
SUPERMAN #4 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1 var Marvel Comics 2022 FEB220791 (CA) Davis (W) Wells"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #136 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 0423DC002 136B (W) Zdarsky (CA) Quesada"
BATMAN #136 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MILES MORALES SPIDER-MAN #20 Marvel Comics 2020 SEP200630 (CA) Garron"
MILES MORALES SPID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "X-MEN #14 var Spider-Man Marvel Comics 2022 JUN220916 (CA) Romita (W) Duggan"
X-MEN #14 var Spid ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #73 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2021 JUN210540 (CA) Vicentini"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #435 DC Comics 1989 (W/CA) Byrne (A) Aparo 230915A"
BATMAN #435 DC Com ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #91 Marvel Comics 2022 DEC211117 (CA) Adams (W) Gleason"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #84 Devil's Reign Marvel Comics 2022 OCT210811 (CA) Lafuente"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #682 DC Comics 1995 (A/CA) Nolan (W) Dixon 230915A"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman Santa Claus SILENT KNIGHT #1 Cvr F 1:50 DC Comics 0923DC051 1F (CA) Ra"
Batman Santa Claus ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TEAM SUPERMAN Secret Files and Origins #1 DC Comics 1998 200610A"
TEAM SUPERMAN Secr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #344 - Journey to the Pegs
Twincast / Podcast #344:
"Journey to the Pegs"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, February 24th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Skrapnel" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Rumble(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON