Transformers News: In Package Images for Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Rampage and Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime

Sunday, February 3rd, 2019 10:09AM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 25,528

While the first wave of Transformers 2019 Studio Series voyagers have barely hit US retail (if you found Optimus and Bonecrusher, please let us know) the wave after that is already finished and ready to go. SS-37 voyager Rampage was available on e-bay and was sold for $65 USD. This gave us a first look at this toy in package.
At the same time, we got in package images of the hotly anticipated SS-38 Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime, thanks to a post from Weibo user NeoPSX. While this means they will be out in the wild somewhere on the globe soon, it may be a month or two before we see them in the west. These will be $30 USD each.

Credit(s): see article for full list

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: In Package Images for Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Rampage and Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2007946)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on February 3rd, 2019 @ 10:33am CST
The one figure I need this year :x

BTW, when does this come out? I'm tired of waiting :-(
Re: In Package Images for Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Rampage and Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2007947)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on February 3rd, 2019 @ 10:35am CST
Poor Rampage, has to be packaged staring at his bellybutton. I must buy him and free him.
Re: In Package Images for Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Rampage and Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2007966)
Posted by I_AM... MEGATRON! on February 3rd, 2019 @ 12:43pm CST

I really hope the next set won't be so hard to track down.
Re: In Package Images for Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Rampage and Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2007975)
Posted by Ig89ninja on February 3rd, 2019 @ 1:54pm CST
Actually, where I’m at I never even saw Ironhide in stores, Brawl is the one shelf warming here
Re: In Package Images for Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Rampage and Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2008010)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on February 3rd, 2019 @ 5:54pm CST
I_AM... MEGATRON! wrote:Why are SS voyagers so hard to find aside from the Megatron/Starscream shelf-warmers? I saw Ironhide exactly once in any store (bought him even though his box was a little damaged) and only saw Brawl twice. Other than that, its been nothing but RotF Megatron and Starscream for months now.

I really hope the next set won't be so hard to track down.

I too have only seen Irohinde once at brick and mortor, and RotF Starscream once as well. For over half a year, the Studio Series voyagers have been Megatron and Brawl. I don't know what the problem is.
Re: In Package Images for Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Rampage and Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2008012)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 3rd, 2019 @ 6:39pm CST
Anybody else with Barricade having trouble getting him into carmode?
Re: In Package Images for Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Rampage and Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2008015)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on February 3rd, 2019 @ 6:57pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:Anybody else with Barricade having trouble getting him into carmode?

No, what's wrong? bad tabs, or is this maybe another case of ss jazz where there's a place for his waist to tab into his roof, but it's weirdly difficult getting it aligned?
Re: In Package Images for Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Rampage and Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2008020)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 3rd, 2019 @ 7:16pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:

I dunno. For the life of me, I cannot get his legs to fold up enough to allow the rear end car panels to close.
Re: In Package Images for Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Rampage and Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2008023)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on February 3rd, 2019 @ 7:24pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Interesting; any blockages? Maybe watch a couple of reviews and see if they mention something about it one way or the other :-?
Re: In Package Images for Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Rampage and Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2008154)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 4th, 2019 @ 7:24pm CST

World War II Bee is pretty great so far. I'm loving him!
Re: In Package Images for Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Rampage and Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2008168)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on February 4th, 2019 @ 8:41pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Found the deluxes last night, got WWII Bee, Swipe, and Barricade. I was shocked at how much skinnier and lighter this Barricade is to his TLK self.

World War II Bee is pretty great so far. I'm loving him!

Care to share any more in-depth thoughts, or is there not much else that needs to be said? Those three are the exact ones from this wave I'm intending to grab (plus Bonecrusher), although I'm planning to wait on Barricade until we've seen how disappointing Siege Barry is what Siege Barry looks like.
Re: In Package Images for Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Rampage and Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2008171)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 4th, 2019 @ 9:10pm CST
Nemesis Primal wrote:

World War II Bee is pretty great so far. I'm loving him!

I've only gotten to open them and transform them into car modes and not back yet. I'll have some more thoughts tomorrow for you though.
Re: In Package Images for Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Rampage and Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2008184)
Posted by william-james88 on February 4th, 2019 @ 11:20pm CST
In the US, Transformers Studio Series The Last Knight Drift with Mini Dinobots (the stars of the Super Bowl two years ago) is an Entertainment Earth exclusive. The listing said there would be an exclusive Hasbro gift with purchase and no one had a clue what that meant... until now.

TF fan influence82 recieved the free gift in the mail and posted it into the TFW2005 boards. It turns out the free gift is a set of two high quality metal pins that you can't get anywhere else. One is of the Studio Series logo and the other is of Drift from The Last Knight. You can find the images below.

Re: In Package Images for Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Rampage and Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2008320)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 5th, 2019 @ 6:01pm CST
OK, so World War Bee then.

He is pretty awesome! He's not the best mold, and he's not quite great, but he is far from bad and definitely somewhere north of Good.

In my opinion, the only real missed opportunity here was to have the backpack become large bulky wings. It wouldn't be screen accurate, but it would vastly improve the 1 main drawback people might have with this figure. I also wish his arms were a bit bigger/beefed up, but that's a minor quibble.

The aesthetic is really cool, I like the weapons, he poses good, and he's got some good detail on the chest and even the back. I love the way the ankle wheels work here, it's great!! And the back wheels would look really good too with the aforementioned wings. He's really unique, and it makes him really interesting. He's also different from the Bees we know, but still readily identifiable with regards to robot parts.

I posed him the same way twice with the wheels transformed right and with the wheels hanging out like wings. I prefer them tucked in though.

Overall, he lived up to my expectations! That is one of the 3 highly anticipated figures of the wave down, and he is great! Now here's hoping Bonecrusher and Megs live up their hype like Bee did!

I am praying against all hope we get a WWII Hot Rod. He needs his Nazi fighting partner. That was one of the good parts of TLK, and I want those 2 fighting in the past together.

Re: In Package Images for Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Rampage and Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2008352)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on February 5th, 2019 @ 8:21pm CST
Re: In Package Images for Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Rampage and Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2008353)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 5th, 2019 @ 8:39pm CST
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:Man, I can't wait to get my hands on WWII Bee! That head sculpt looks perfect - I hope any future SS Bees use that sculpt (slightly tweaked for the helmet differences).

I do agree that this head is far superior to the other Bee sculpts from the line. Far better than VW and classic camaro Bee!
Re: In Package Images for Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Rampage and Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2008356)
Posted by Vanleer on February 5th, 2019 @ 9:04pm CST
I love the Axe and Gun. That will definitely help Bee's Value you pretty much need 2 so you have one for TLK BB.
Re: In Package Images for Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Rampage and Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2008359)
Posted by Deadput on February 5th, 2019 @ 9:38pm CST
WW2 Bee will make for a great Centurion in my collection, also love the hammer and how it becomes the vehicle mode gun.
Re: In Package Images for Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Rampage and Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2008503)
Posted by notirishman on February 6th, 2019 @ 3:47pm CST
Hot on the tails of the new WFC SIEGE product reveals that will be showed off at Toy Fair 2019, we have two Studio Series figures that'll be showed off, Studio Series Voyager Class Optimus Prime (from the Bumblebee film), which we've seen before through unofficial means, and Studio Series Deluxe Class Dropkick, the car mode version, which we've never seen before.

Thanks to IGN, we have some great stock renders of the two figures. The article also says Optimus will hit retail on April 1st, while Dropkick will go up on August 1st. Interestingly, despite being listed at a Studio Series Deluxe price point and size, IGN calls it a Voyager Class figure.

Check out the images below, as well as IGN's descriptions, and tell us your thoughts in the Pub forums below!

The Transformers: Studio Series line is getting two new additions by way of Dropkick and Optimus Prime, both based on the character models from last year's Bumblebee movie.

Optimus Prime, Autobot leader and easily the most iconic of all the Transformers across all media, is due to arrive April 1 with a retail price of $29.99 USD. Dropkick, definitely a less well-known member of the Decepticons, but still a notable figure, is scheduled to hit retailers August 1 for $19.99.

The Studio Series Optimus Prime features "vivid, movie-inspired deco and detailed hand blasters," and transforms from truck to robot in 35 steps. Optimus stands 6.5 inches and comes with a backdrop of the "San Francisco Bridge scene" in Bumblebee.

Dropkick stands 4.5 inches tall when in robot mode and transforms into car mode in 36 steps. Unlike the movie version, the Studio Series 46 Voyager Class Dropkick is not a triple-changer. You can still buy the Studio Series 22 Deluxe Class Dropkick to turn from robot to helicopter, completing the possible transformation set.

Hasbro said the figures will be "available on HasbroPulse.com and other major retailers" at launch, which means these particular figures won't be retail-exclusives like the entire line of Vintage G1 Transformers, which could only be purchased through Walmart. Don't forget to check out our Bumblebee review, too.
Re: In Package Images for Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Rampage and Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime (2008505)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 6th, 2019 @ 3:50pm CST
Love the new Dropkick, which means a studio series jet Shatter won't be too far behind, though helicopter Dropkick does suffer next to this one as they don't look alike at all

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #217 - Toy Fair 2019
"Toy Fair 2019"
Posted: Monday, February 18th, 2019

Buy "Combiner Wars Ironhide Transformers Deluxe 2015 CW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Mirage" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return BLOWPIPE & TRIGGERHAPPY New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return MONXO & WOLFWIRE figure boy toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Prowl Police Car Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Walgreens Exclusive Cloudraker and Wingspan MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class WOLFWIRE Weird Wolf Loose Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Skullsmasher Complete" on EBAY