MP-46 Masterpiece Blackwidow (Blackarachnia) Designer Video from Takara Tomy

Transformers News: MP-46 Masterpiece Blackwidow (Blackarachnia) Designer Video from Takara Tomy

Wednesday, May 15th, 2019 12:39PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Wolfman Jake   Views: 14,726

The news just keeps rolling in for the upcoming MP-46 Masterpiece Blackwidow (a.k.a., Blackarachnia). As first reported to us by forum user 00stargrave00, Takara Tomy has released a three minute long designer video for the figure, showing off both modes, comparisons with the original toy from Beast Wars back in the 1990's, and some size comparisons with her Beast Wars Masterpiece contemporaries. Of course, the design team is most proud of the amount of articulation they were able to squeeze into Blackarachnia, showing her realistically crossing her legs and swaying side to side at her robot mode abdominals. The video is entirely in Japanese and without alternate language subtitles. Also, because the original video upload is geo-blocked outside of Japan, it's being hosted on Primal Convoy's YouTube channel. Thanks to forum member Sabrblade for that particular piece of information! Please, take a look at the video for yourselves below!

Has this video changed your mind at all about the figure? Do the sacrifices to the beast mode justify the amazing attention to detail in sculpt, paint, and articulation in the robot mode of MP-46 Blackarachnia? Let us know in the comments below, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest news on all things Transformers!
Credit(s): YouTube (Primal Convoy), 00stargrave00, Sabrblade

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: MP-46 Masterpiece Blackwidow (Blackarachnia) Designer Video from Takara Tomy (2021628)
Posted by 00Stargrave00 on May 15th, 2019 @ 1:00pm CDT
Pardon me ladies but are these arachnids giving you trouble? It appears you have the matter well in hand...or claw, as the case may be.
Re: MP-46 Masterpiece Blackwidow (Blackarachnia) Designer Video from Takara Tomy (2021633)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on May 15th, 2019 @ 1:56pm CDT
UK Update:

Pre-orders are now up on In Demand Toys. Tentative release date "November"...

£129.99 :-?

The Link
Re: MP-46 Masterpiece Blackwidow (Blackarachnia) Designer Video from Takara Tomy (2021639)
Posted by BumbleDouche on May 15th, 2019 @ 2:41pm CDT
Still looks a bit tall for Blackarachnia...
Re: MP-46 Masterpiece Blackwidow (Blackarachnia) Designer Video from Takara Tomy (2021640)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on May 15th, 2019 @ 2:50pm CDT
BumbleDouche wrote:Still looks a bit tall for Blackarachnia...

Yep, the height is wrong. So much for the show accurate scaling. I'd imagine they couldn't justify charging more than Optimus Primal for a figure that should be about the size of Rattrap >:oP
Re: MP-46 Masterpiece Blackwidow (Blackarachnia) Designer Video from Takara Tomy (2021641)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on May 15th, 2019 @ 3:04pm CDT
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
BumbleDouche wrote:Still looks a bit tall for Blackarachnia...

Yup, your absolutely right. She should be just a bit shorter then cheetor. Images in the video make her look about the same height as primal. This kinda bothers me more so then the legs in beast mode. but we are still looking at a hand painted prototype. so it could still (unlikely) change. it could be a trick of the camera angle too.

I'm still getting her. Her robot mode is fantastic and shes my fave BW character, so it is kinda obligatory to do so. But for her not fit in with the others the right way on my shelf is not great.
Re: MP-46 Masterpiece Blackwidow (Blackarachnia) Designer Video from Takara Tomy (2021643)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 15th, 2019 @ 3:09pm CDT
Immortal Starscream wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
BumbleDouche wrote:Still looks a bit tall for Blackarachnia...

It's possible they couldn't make the figure any smaller and still retain the spot-on robot mode, level of articulation, and what passes for the beast mode. To keep everything proportional, you're going to have to scale down everything, even the smallest of joints, so everything looks right. Parts that are too small will break from normal usage, so they have to be a certain minimum size. That's a tall order for a character that has such curvy proportions on such a slender frame. Otherwise, a different piece will have to be engineered which may detract from the figure aesthetically or limit its poseability or functionality. In other words, Masterpiece Blackarachnia may be the smallest she can be and still be worthy of the "Masterpiece" name.
Re: MP-46 Masterpiece Blackwidow (Blackarachnia) Designer Video from Takara Tomy (2021644)
Posted by Black Hat on May 15th, 2019 @ 3:09pm CDT
Yikes, that's a hefty price. I want it, but I'll definitely be waiting for reviews in case Dinobot and Megatron's QC issues carry on to her. For £130 I want her to be perfect.
Re: MP-46 Masterpiece Blackwidow (Blackarachnia) Designer Video from Takara Tomy (2021645)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on May 15th, 2019 @ 3:13pm CDT
I think she is. when she's next to Primal in the video their heads are about eye to eye, but since she's standing on the base it looks to me like her feet are about level with the top of Primal's leg pistons. That should make her just barely noticeably shorter than Cheetor. It's not the greatest quality comparison to work with so I could be wrong but at least she's not massive. I think we just need better comparison shots. Regardless I'm absolutely picking her up.
Re: MP-46 Masterpiece Blackwidow (Blackarachnia) Designer Video from Takara Tomy (2021647)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on May 15th, 2019 @ 3:20pm CDT
What this means for MP Rattrap and MP Airazor is somewhat concerning. If they are all going to be roughly Cheetor's height, I think the complete line will look a bit odd. Hopefully MP Tarantulas will still be taller than BA. Although that will make him look off when next to Primal :-?

Re: MP-46 Masterpiece Blackwidow (Blackarachnia) Designer Video from Takara Tomy (2021663)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 15th, 2019 @ 6:31pm CDT
Re: MP-46 Masterpiece Blackwidow (Blackarachnia) Designer Video from Takara Tomy (2021664)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on May 15th, 2019 @ 6:45pm CDT
Awww yeah! Locked in! I know many here are unhappy with the alt mode and the height (and I’ll admit, I wish she was exactly as tall as she should be but HOT DAMN she’s so good), but I am stoked for this jawn.
Re: MP-46 Masterpiece Blackwidow (Blackarachnia) Designer Video from Takara Tomy (2021672)
Posted by Ironhidensh on May 15th, 2019 @ 7:57pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I just placed my Amazon Japan pre-order. $116 shipped seems fairly ok with me, as does the late November release. Gives me time after TFcon

Man, I really like the looks of the figure. Compromises kinda suck, but are easily overlooked. That price though.... way too much. I wouldn't be willing to pay more than $80. Ah well, we are finally getting a KO of Dinobot, so I can hope for this dark poison of a birddog's heart.
Re: MP-46 Masterpiece Blackwidow (Blackarachnia) Designer Video from Takara Tomy (2021673)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 15th, 2019 @ 8:03pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:

I would not pay the $140 for it, but $115 is much better. And I'm still hoping the price drops a bit more. I think it's an OK price. And I doubt I'll get another MP BW figure. I'm perfectly happy with the rest of my figures that are on the shelf.
Re: MP-46 Masterpiece Blackwidow (Blackarachnia) Designer Video from Takara Tomy (2021675)
Posted by william-james88 on May 15th, 2019 @ 8:41pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:

Saying it's available on amazon is always big news since not everyone reads the forums (and other vendors get their own sponsor news story). Can any of you take a screen shot of your order on amazon, showing the shipping charge and total price so that we can news it?

thanks
Re: MP-46 Masterpiece Blackwidow (Blackarachnia) Designer Video from Takara Tomy (2021680)
Posted by Blackalekthor on May 15th, 2019 @ 10:02pm CDT
Two beautiful spiders pre-ordered. Yeaaaaaah. Now what's the number of the devil? I'll offer him my soul. Jiji :PREDACON:
Re: MP-46 Masterpiece Blackwidow (Blackarachnia) Designer Video from Takara Tomy (2021683)
Posted by 00Stargrave00 on May 15th, 2019 @ 11:05pm CDT
I don’t own any MP’s I’ll be honest I could never afford them but like so much of this stuff I appreciate them from afar or through the cool galleries here but this ones important - I mean Black Arachnia was fortunately an awesome character but she’ll always be the first female TF toy that I ever had. I know some Japanese characters preceded her but for just a kid growing up in the states she was the first, my BW Arcee. I wish they’d been more creative but she does look like the cartoon come to life. Not arguing anybody’s points just love that character it’s nice to see her considered for a MP. It’s like a beautiful Revoltech Arachnia that also whoa watch out can approximate a spider.
Re: MP-46 Masterpiece Blackwidow (Blackarachnia) Designer Video from Takara Tomy (2021690)
Posted by Emerje on May 16th, 2019 @ 12:22am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:

thanks

I don't have time right now to write this, but here's my PO if anyone else on staff wants to.

BA PO.jpg

That's with a 25% discount and the sales tax removed. Should be noted that the based price for stores is 16,500 JPY instead of the Takara Tomy Mall price of 16,200 JPY meaning TTM got a rare discount (that still isn't close to the discount normal retailers have). There is a chance of the Amazon price still coming down since it's covered by the pre-order price guarantee.

Emerje
Re: MP-46 Masterpiece Blackwidow (Blackarachnia) Designer Video from Takara Tomy (2021696)
Posted by blackeyedprime on May 16th, 2019 @ 4:54am CDT
Nice, around £95 before customs charges and parcel farce handling fees that will no doubt be applied to it for us in the U.K
Re: MP-46 Masterpiece Blackwidow (Blackarachnia) Designer Video from Takara Tomy (2021710)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on May 16th, 2019 @ 10:29am CDT
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:UK Update:

Pre-orders are now up on In Demand Toys. Tentative release date "November"...

£129.99 :-?

The Link

UK update 2.0:

£109.99 @ Kapow Toys

The Link
Re: MP-46 Masterpiece Blackwidow (Blackarachnia) Designer Video from Takara Tomy (2021741)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 16th, 2019 @ 7:37pm CDT
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:UK Update:

Pre-orders are now up on In Demand Toys. Tentative release date "November"...

£129.99 :-?

The Link

UK update 2.0:

£109.99 @ Kapow Toys

The Link

That's a pretty good one.

I need to see Blackarachnia near the OG Silverbolt. I want to see how they look together

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #222 - The Real Ghostbusters
"The Real Ghostbusters"
Posted: Sunday, May 12th, 2019

Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Roar and Rescue Bumblebee Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Strongarm TransFormers Robots in Disguise 2014" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Crash Combiner Skyhammer" on EBAY
Buy "2016 Hallmark Ornament Transformers Grimlock NIB" on EBAY
Buy "New TransFormers Sideswipe 2014 Robots In Disguise" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS IDW THRILLING 30TH DELUXE ARMADA STARSCREAM New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Wheeljack RID Deluxe Class Series 1 #003 + DVD 2012 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction SLASH LOOSE COMPLETE" on EBAY