New Images of Transformers United Cliffjumper and More!

New Images of Transformers United Cliffjumper and More!

Wednesday, September 22nd, 2010 9:00am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 49,316

Takara's Henkei will continue under the name Transformers United. If you missed out on Henkei Voyager Megatron, or Bumblebee, this line offers you a second chance at them. If you like metallic shine on your figures, then much of the United figures have it too. And to top it all off, our first look at Generations/United Cliffjumper. Courtesy of TFW2005, check out some of the new images below!

Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): TFW2005

Re: New Images of Transformers United Cliffjumper and More! (1127519)
Posted by Hal7300 on September 22nd, 2010 @ 9:05am CDT
El Duque wrote:Cliffjumper looks great, though I would prefer him in Hasbro colors.

Ditto, not a fan of the metallic paint either.
Re: New Images of Transformers United Cliffjumper and More! (1127520)
Posted by EyeOfTheTigatron on September 22nd, 2010 @ 9:08am CDT
CJ has two Megsys to shoot the faceplate off of them now :lol: OOOHH SHINY PAINT 8-}
Re: New Images of Transformers United Cliffjumper and More! (1127523)
Posted by Powermaster Jazz on September 22nd, 2010 @ 9:11am CDT
That Classics Megatron re-release looks better without the chrome :)
Re: New Images of Transformers United Cliffjumper and More! (1127526)
Posted by Emperor Galvatron on September 22nd, 2010 @ 9:18am CDT
I know the head will fit, I just wonder if it'll look okay on Classic CJ's body.
Re: New Images of Transformers United Cliffjumper and More! (1127527)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on September 22nd, 2010 @ 9:20am CDT
I like Chromey Classics Megs, will have to pick him up.
Re: New Images of Transformers United Cliffjumper and More! (1127529)
Posted by Duskfall on September 22nd, 2010 @ 9:23am CDT
the wfc megatron looks so much better, hoping to see what they did to prime.
Re: New Images of Transformers United Cliffjumper and More! (1127535)
Posted by --B-- on September 22nd, 2010 @ 9:29am CDT
Is it just me, or does Cliffjumper look...girly?

I already have henkei Megs, so that's a pass, and I don't love the WFC Megs, so I'm import free on this set!

But yeah, Cliffy looks a bit too feminine for some reason.
Re: New Images of Transformers United Cliffjumper and More! (1127536)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on September 22nd, 2010 @ 9:30am CDT
Powermaster Jazz wrote:That Classics Megatron re-release looks better without the chrome :)

You sure? *Compares his Henkei Megs with United Megs* Nope, I'm not seeing things. Megatron has not only lost the chrome, but a lot of paint apps as well.

Bumblebee is just perfect: no chrome, no stripes, just plain yellow. Actually makes me glad I missed out on him. The rest I'll just skip and get the Hasbro versions instead. By the by, would the use of the Deluxe mold for Optimus Prime be a sign that the Voyager mold has degraded beyond use?
Re: New Images of Transformers United Cliffjumper and More! (1127540)
Posted by Jazz-1982 on September 22nd, 2010 @ 9:36am CDT
Megatron's paint looks better this time around but I still wish they had decked him out in silver like the G1 toy. Now that would have been a real improvement.

I quite like the look of Cliffjumper, he's a bit on the thin side but the head looks nice.

I think you may well be right about Optimus, it would certainly explain why Takara Tomy haven't released Ultra Magnus, Nemesis Prime or Sleep mode Prime.
Re: New Images of Transformers United Cliffjumper and More! (1127541)
Posted by Powermaster Jazz on September 22nd, 2010 @ 9:37am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Well i think he looks better, to each is own
Re: New Images of Transformers United Cliffjumper and More! (1127549)
Posted by El Duque on September 22nd, 2010 @ 10:00am CDT
I'm guessing that these are the deluxe OP and BB molds that were found in Wal-Mart's computer system yesterday.
Re: New Images of Transformers United Cliffjumper and More! (1127551)
Posted by Dead Metal on September 22nd, 2010 @ 10:02am CDT
I believe this mean that the Generations G1 Prime and Bumblebee in the wallmart computers will be the same as these.

Also I think the henkei version of Megatron is still the best use of that mold.
Re: New Images of Transformers United Cliffjumper and More! (1127552)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on September 22nd, 2010 @ 10:05am CDT

I've confused myself again.
Re: New Images of Transformers United Cliffjumper and More! (1127553)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on September 22nd, 2010 @ 10:06am CDT
Pretender Skywarp wrote:What Megs Mould is that? The original Classics Voyager one or the Hasbro "special edition" one?

I've confused myself again.

I said "Voyager". The Deluxe one is a tank, inspired by G2.
Re: New Images of Transformers United Cliffjumper and More! (1127557)
Posted by Tigertrack on September 22nd, 2010 @ 10:17am CDT
WFC Megs is fantastic! Why does it seem to blow away the HASBRO one?
Re: New Images of Transformers United Cliffjumper and More! (1127559)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on September 22nd, 2010 @ 10:20am CDT
whats with the takara and their new found love of shiny paint >.>
Re: New Images of Transformers United Cliffjumper and More! (1127560)
Posted by Tigertrack on September 22nd, 2010 @ 10:21am CDT
cannonfodder4000 wrote:whats with the takara and their new found love of shiny paint >.>

New found?
Re: New Images of Transformers United Cliffjumper and More! (1127561)
Posted by kirbenvost on September 22nd, 2010 @ 10:25am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Agreed on United/Henkei Megs. Too many missing paint apps, but still a good option for those who missed out on Henkei. I might pick up United WFC Megs if comparison shots turn out to be highly favorable. The rest I'll probably pass on, although Soundwave looks tempting.

I don't think this means the Classics Voyager mold is unusable, because the Seeker mold is still in use. This may just be a sign that the Prime & Bee listings at Walmart are in fact rereleases of the deluxes.
Re: New Images of Transformers United Cliffjumper and More! (1127564)
Posted by Joker'sRequiem on September 22nd, 2010 @ 10:31am CDT
Cliffjumper looks good, so hopefully his US release turns out to be comparable. I may still pass on him, unless I get a lot of the things on my wish list first.

The re-issue of BB is great news for me. I missed out on the entire line, so BB will be a buy on sight. I'm not too pumped for Prime though. I really like his bot mode. But I wish they had re-issued Voyager Prime instead. IMO that Prime has a much better Alt-Mode and fits in better size-wise.
Re: New Images of Transformers United Cliffjumper and More! (1127565)
Posted by craggy on September 22nd, 2010 @ 10:37am CDT
I like Cliff a lot better than Bee. New Voyager Megs is ok but I got the Henkei, no need to repeat when theres so many other nice things coming. WFC Megs is much nicer than Hasbro's one. In fact, all the WFC toys look improved.

Straxus wasn't a toy I was overly worried about (if they gave me his head in a jar, as an accessory, I'd love it though) so I can't say I notice much difference. Classics BB is pretty nice, still has silver bumpers, but it's G1 enough colours that I could theoretically be tempted to buy the mold again. Classics Deluxe Prime is pretty cool in those colours too, but I have the first version and can't say I'm overly eager to spend more money on it again (I don't hate it though). Drift looks the same to me.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
"Netflix and Siege"
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Decepticon SHOCKWAVE  Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Action Attackers: Ultra Class Slipstream Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime & Generations Selects Hot Shot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botbots Series 1 - Burgertron, Poo Sham & Sticky McGee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Pime Talking BUMBLEBEE Beast Hunters LOOSE Action Figure HTF 2013" on EBAY
Buy "WB Hasbro Collectibles - Transformers Generations Selects Hot Shot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Lot of 7 DINOBOT HOT SHOT CHEETOR RATCHET Complete! + MORE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Mega Mighties "Hot Shot"  Action Figure" on EBAY