This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul

Transformers News: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul

Wednesday, June 5th, 2019 8:52PM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 32,965

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to In Demand Toys on Facebook, we have a bunch of new images of the upcoming Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul!

Drift is an extensive retool of the original Dropkick figure, being almost entirely new save for some parts of the legs, and he is based on his helicoptor form from Age of Extinction.

Dropkick is a new mold that is modeled after his muscle car form from the Bumblebee movie, prior to his taking on the triple changing form that he held for the remainder of the movie.

Hightower is based on some Constructicon concept art and the smaller Hightower legion figure that came out with the tiny Legion class Devastator during Revenge of the Fallen. Hightower is a new mold, and he forms the upper left arm of Studio Series Devastator.

Long Haul is also a new mold Constructicon, and he forms the right foot of Studio Series Devastator. He and Hightower will make 4 of 8 members of Devastator released at retail.

Check out the pictures below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Transformers News: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul

Transformers News: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul

Transformers News: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul

Transformers News: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul

Transformers News: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul

Transformers News: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul

Transformers News: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul

Transformers News: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul

Transformers News: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul

Transformers News: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul

Transformers News: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul

Transformers News: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul

Transformers News: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul

Transformers News: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul

Transformers News: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul

Transformers News: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul
Credit(s): In Demand Toys on Facebook

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2023554)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 5th, 2019 @ 9:37pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Hightower is a new mold, and he forms the left hand of Studio Series Devastator.


Not exactly: he forms the left upper arm, with Scrapmetal forming the actual hand.

Comparing Long Haul's foot mode with Rampage's, there's no doubt that Devastator is gonna look "messy" head to toe, in an artistic sense. :lol:
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2023558)
Posted by Stargrave on June 5th, 2019 @ 10:31pm CDT
I read on tfwiki in the footnotes somewhere that this version of Devastator is bigger or smaller depending on how many Constructicons are merged. I think that’s a clever explain away for the jumbled mess that he became. Like with Rampage they’re each like a Deceptimonster in their own unique ways.

That chopper mode works way better on Drift I think it’s not great for either one but better on Drfift.
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2023576)
Posted by Acolyte on June 6th, 2019 @ 2:46am CDT
Dropkick certainly doesn't look like a new mold. If anything, I'd say it's a slight retooling of War for Cybertron: Siege's Prowl/Barricade/Smokescreen.
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2023579)
Posted by Inactive_____ on June 6th, 2019 @ 3:31am CDT
Acolyte wrote:Dropkick certainly doesn't look like a new mold. If anything, I'd say it's a slight retooling of War for Cybertron: Siege's Prowl/Barricade/Smokescreen.


I doubt it. I imagine it's more that Dropkick design is fairly standard as carformers go (front becomes the chest, door wings, etc ad infinitum), so similarities are inevitable.
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2023580)
Posted by Bucky on June 6th, 2019 @ 4:04am CDT
Pretty excited for this next wave, all in all. This is the first movie Drift toy that I actually want. It’s bound to be much better than Dropkick’s first figure. It’ll be great to have a good looking Dropkick, because like I said his first figure is pretty atrocious. He looks very solid. I doubt we’ll ever see him and Shatter as triple changers. I’m not sure if they could ever pull of all three modes without at least two of them looking like a kibbley mess.

The Constructicons are definitely the ones I’m looking forward to the most. I love for stubby and chunky Long Haul is. He’s certainly different enough from his RotF figure that I can have them together, and headcanon them into different but similar bots. I might be more excited for Hightower though? He’s got such a wonderfully unique and bizarre bot mode. Having another unorthodox looking Constructicon kind of makes Rampage’s and Demolisher’s appearance make more sense to me.

Speaking of him, are we getting a SS Demolisher???
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2023584)
Posted by Grimlocktimus on June 6th, 2019 @ 7:23am CDT
Are we going to end up seeing a jet mode Shatter? Honestly like her better than Dropkick...
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2023589)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on June 6th, 2019 @ 7:50am CDT
Acolyte wrote:Dropkick certainly doesn't look like a new mold. If anything, I'd say it's a slight retooling of War for Cybertron: Siege's Prowl/Barricade/Smokescreen.


No, not a retool, most likely a new mold that may share some transformation aspects. There are 2 areas that give it away that is it definitely not the Siege Prowl mold. First is the very front of the car. They have a similar panel in the hood where the head pops out, but for dropkick the front bumper is involved where for Prowl the whole hood and bumper is 1 solid piece. The other tell are the wheels, they end up on the shoulders and the forearms for Dropkick. For Prowl, the rear wheels stay on his feet.

It just wouldn't make sense to retool a mold with those changes to the transformation. It would just be easier going with a new mold that takes some aspects of the transformation from Prowl and other like him where the hood/bumper becomes the chest.
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2023595)
Posted by Ig89ninja on June 6th, 2019 @ 8:34am CDT
Man this wave can’t be released fast enough! I need those Constructicons along with Drift; and knowing my brother, if Dropkick is any improvement over Shatter he’s going pick him up.
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2023601)
Posted by transformnerd114 on June 6th, 2019 @ 9:35am CDT
Bucky wrote:...The Constructicons are definitely the ones I’m looking forward to the most. I love for stubby and chunky Long Haul is. He’s certainly different enough from his RotF figure that I can have them together, and headcanon them into different but similar bots....


Technically, they are; the Constructicons that formed Devy in ROTF were different 'Cons, entirely separate from the ones that were fighting OP. This includes Scrapmetal; he did not die at the bottom of the ocean. I noticed all this when I recently rewatched the movie. Devastator is at the Pyramid, while Longhaul, Mixmaster, Scrapper, and Rampage are all fighting/dying near some ruins.
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2023603)
Posted by Inactive_____ on June 6th, 2019 @ 10:10am CDT
Bucky wrote:
Speaking of him, are we getting a SS Demolisher???


Yes, him and Longhaul Overload are going to be Leaders that make up Devastator's torso. Image

EDIT: Thanks to everyone who corrected my mix up #-o
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2023604)
Posted by JoeIsNotCool on June 6th, 2019 @ 10:11am CDT
Gemstonegemini wrote:
Bucky wrote:
Speaking of him, are we getting a SS Demolisher???


Yes, him and Longhaul are going to be Leaders that make up Devastator's torso. Image

Did you by any chance mean Overload? Long Haul is a voyager!
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2023605)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on June 6th, 2019 @ 10:17am CDT
Gemstonegemini wrote:
Bucky wrote:
Speaking of him, are we getting a SS Demolisher???


Yes, him and Longhaul are going to be Leaders that make up Devastator's torso. Image


Actually, I believe Devy's component is going to be Scavenger (all red) instead of Demolisher (red and white) who was killed off before Devy made his appearance in the movie. But, there is a very good chance of getting a Scavenger redeco as Demolisher down the line somewhere.
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2023607)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 6th, 2019 @ 10:22am CDT
Yeah it's scavenger who'll be released, that's what they said.
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2023628)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 6th, 2019 @ 12:07pm CDT
transformnerd114 wrote:
Bucky wrote:...The Constructicons are definitely the ones I’m looking forward to the most. I love for stubby and chunky Long Haul is. He’s certainly different enough from his RotF figure that I can have them together, and headcanon them into different but similar bots....


Technically, they are; the Constructicons that formed Devy in ROTF were different 'Cons, entirely separate from the ones that were fighting OP. This includes Scrapmetal; he did not die at the bottom of the ocean. I noticed all this when I recently rewatched the movie. Devastator is at the Pyramid, while Longhaul, Mixmaster, Scrapper, and Rampage are all fighting/dying near some ruins.
Scrapmetal wasn't one of the components who formed Devastator in that scene. He wasn't present for that part of the movie.

While Long Haul, Mixmaster, red Rampage, and Scrapper were fighting at the ruins like you say, a different Long Haul, Mixmaster, yellow Rampage (Skipjack?) and Scrapper formed Devastator along with Overload, Scavenger, an unnamed yellow dump truck (of a different model from both Long Hauls) and an unnamed yellow construction shovel (of a different model from both Scrappers and both Rampages).

The yellow dump truck combined with the yellow Rampage to form Devastator's leg, while the yellow shovel formed Devastator's hand when it attached to the arm formed by Hightower. SS Scrapmetal takes inspiration from this shovel by forming the same hand for SS Devastator, but is otherwise still his own separate guy from this shovel since he (Scrapmetal) retains his own unique backhoe altmode that was seen earlier in the film during the Megatron resurrection scene.
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2023661)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 6th, 2019 @ 4:38pm CDT
Gemstonegemini wrote:
Bucky wrote:
Speaking of him, are we getting a SS Demolisher???


Yes, him and Longhaul are going to be Leaders that make up Devastator's torso. Image

And Scavenger is gonna be a nice big leader, more fitting for the Demolishor body type seen in the film. I'm really excited for a larger wheelbot type robot!
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2023666)
Posted by Inactive_____ on June 6th, 2019 @ 6:02pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Gemstonegemini wrote:
Bucky wrote:
Speaking of him, are we getting a SS Demolisher???


Yes, him and Longhaul are going to be Leaders that make up Devastator's torso. Image

And Scavenger is gonna be a nice big leader, more fitting for the Demolishor body type seen in the film. I'm really excited for a larger wheelbot type robot!


Yeah, ScavDemengerorilisher was one of the more interesting movie designs that the original Voyager (that I loved at the time) didn't do justice.

And yes I meant Overload I'm just a dummy who can't remember names :c
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2023667)
Posted by Inactive_____ on June 6th, 2019 @ 6:10pm CDT
Of course for proper scaling though we need :michaelbay: TITAN CLASS DEMOLISHER :michaelbay:
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2023809)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on June 7th, 2019 @ 9:04pm CDT
Looks like the release schedule of the remaining Constructicons has been updated. Looks like the upcoming releases are coming sooner than before.

These come from Long Haul's instructions
IMG_4840.JPG.jpg
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2023816)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 7th, 2019 @ 10:31pm CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:Looks like the release schedule of the remaining Constructicons has been updated. Looks like the upcoming releases are coming sooner than before.

These come from Long Haul's instructions
IMG_4840.JPG.jpg


Comparing them to my Scrapmetal's and Rampage's, these figures have seemingly been pushed up:
  • Rampage, from Late 2019 to Early 2019
  • Scrapmetal, from Early 2020 to Early 2019
  • Overload, from Late 2020 to Mid 2020

Oddly, Long Haul's and Hightower's dates are missing, probably because they're to be shipped around the same time (Mid to Late 2019).
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2023817)
Posted by Trocheman on June 7th, 2019 @ 10:43pm CDT
You can preorder Hightower now and i only saw one site you can preorder longhaul. both out mid august apparently
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2023880)
Posted by Inactive_____ on June 8th, 2019 @ 4:37pm CDT
So Smyths has recently put up a bunch of new Studio Series figures listings to come out in June. I might finally get my chance to pick up SS Sideswipe :DANCE:
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2023977)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 9th, 2019 @ 7:51pm CDT
I'm still singing Jazz's praises, best figure of the entire line to date, no question, though Rampage and SS-32 Optimus are really good ones too

Image
Image
Image
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2023983)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on June 9th, 2019 @ 8:18pm CDT
Newest Studio Series acquisitions!

7074EF90-05C8-430D-8FEB-4536352D04EB.jpeg


Found a discounted SS-05 to parts-swap with the upcoming DOTM leader, and got Bonecrusher and Barricade!

Bonecrusher is really fun (I love the claw hands), and Barricade is weird (being half rubber and half clear plastic), but he does look good!

I also finally got the chance to paint up my SS Ironhide, and I really like how it turned out! I’ll probably add a couple more paint apps for alt. mode and maybe some more work on the cannons, but it’s pretty much done! (Although the picture doesn’t quite do it justice)

17A61430-D596-475F-A8C1-6F541E6A4D5D.jpeg
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2024126)
Posted by william-james88 on June 11th, 2019 @ 8:32am CDT
Transformers Studio Series 42 Long Haul is coming out later this year and as with Rampage and Scrapmetal, he will be part of the movie Devastator combiner. He becomes one of Devastator's legs and you can see images of that mode below. There are also images of his his chunky robot mode and vehicle mode, next to his fellow movie constructicons. This toy will be available at a variety of retail shops in the fall for $29.99 USD.

So, are you all up to date on your components so far? Have you tried their limb modes or are you waiting until you have all the characters to buil devastator before doing so? Let us know. These images were found on the Trans Fans Facebook page.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2024131)
Posted by Stargrave on June 11th, 2019 @ 9:17am CDT
That foot mode is weaksauce but Long Haul looks like the Decepticon Hulkernaut! Nice way to start the day thank you sir!
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2024134)
Posted by william-james88 on June 11th, 2019 @ 9:30am CDT
00Stargrave00 wrote:That foot mode is weaksauce but Long Haul looks like the Decepticon Hulkernaut! Nice way to start the day thank you sir!

it's a pleasure!
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2024137)
Posted by Stargrave on June 11th, 2019 @ 9:56am CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I'm still singing Jazz's praises, best figure of the entire line to date, no question, though Rampage and SS-32 Optimus are really good ones too

Image
Image
Image


Those are the coolest pics I have to get Rainbow Blaster Jazz now!
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2024138)
Posted by Ig89ninja on June 11th, 2019 @ 10:04am CDT
Now I’m wondering how Rampage and Long Haul are going to attach to Overload with their unique designs
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2024139)
Posted by Stargrave on June 11th, 2019 @ 10:12am CDT
I got to play with my CW Devastator and I think it’s going to be something akin to that it’s just a guess but I think Rampage will kind of peg in then probably get grabbed/clasped onto by the larger bot. Honestly I just hope it’s kind of ugly and awkward that’s the whole feel of the beast. I’m totally finding new appreciation for these movie designs. Vindicate my Bay Bitterness.
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2024140)
Posted by Stargrave on June 11th, 2019 @ 10:20am CDT
These leader classes are going to be nuuuuts. :BOOM:
Image
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2024142)
Posted by Omegatron. on June 11th, 2019 @ 10:33am CDT
He'll probably end up more like his legends class toy.

ROTF_Overload_Legends_toy.jpg
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2024143)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on June 11th, 2019 @ 10:33am CDT
00Stargrave00 wrote:These leader classes are going to be nuuuuts. :BOOM:
Image

I would both love it and hate it if that was the desig they chose for Overload. Awesome design, but it'd probably be a nightmare to transform :lol:
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2024145)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 11th, 2019 @ 10:35am CDT
I think they might do a combination of that plus the robot mode Takara designed when they made the legends class combiner
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2024146)
Posted by Stargrave on June 11th, 2019 @ 10:51am CDT
I don’t see any practicality in that concept art I mean no way...but again it’s another freaky monster I’m curious to see what they come up with Mwa-hahaha it’s like Count Megatron in his dungeon laboratory.
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2024147)
Posted by Stargrave on June 11th, 2019 @ 10:55am CDT
There’s a Leader Class Megatron warming the shelves at a nearby Target has anyone wanted to nab this guy or not so much?
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2024148)
Posted by Trocheman on June 11th, 2019 @ 11:04am CDT
00Stargrave00 wrote:There’s a Leader Class Megatron warming the shelves at a nearby Target has anyone wanted to nab this guy or not so much?

yea i saw 3 of them at the target by me. was gonna buy another one but told myself to wait for the new figures coming in august
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2024150)
Posted by Randomhero on June 11th, 2019 @ 11:07am CDT
00Stargrave00 wrote:There’s a Leader Class Megatron warming the shelves at a nearby Target has anyone wanted to nab this guy or not so much?


I have him and really like him. He’s duking it out with ROTF SS Megatron as one of my favorites so far.
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2024151)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on June 11th, 2019 @ 11:34am CDT
00Stargrave00 wrote:I don’t see any practicality in that concept art I mean no way...but again it’s another freaky monster I’m curious to see what they come up with Mwa-hahaha it’s like Count Megatron in his dungeon laboratory.


Not Megatron...

Shockwave!

Hopefully this guy gets an epic figure.

Also, I noted that the figures seem to be smaller than they are supposed to. In the movie, Long Haul towered over Starscream, but now, he seems very short compared to him.
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2024152)
Posted by Inactive_____ on June 11th, 2019 @ 11:47am CDT
Just out of interest, what do you think the future for this line is? Do you think Hasbro is going to do a minimal amount of repaints or do you think we'll be seeing things like G1 deco Jazz/Starscream etc?
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2024153)
Posted by Stargrave on June 11th, 2019 @ 11:54am CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:
00Stargrave00 wrote:I don’t see any practicality in that concept art I mean no way...but again it’s another freaky monster I’m curious to see what they come up with Mwa-hahaha it’s like Count Megatron in his dungeon laboratory.


Not Megatron...

Shockwave!

Hopefully this guy gets an epic figure.

Also, I noted that the figures seem to be smaller than they are supposed to. In the movie, Long Haul towered over Starscream, but now, he seems very short compared to him.


Yesss Doctor Shocktapus cooking up Predacons and Constructi-monstercons :lol: love that

I was so smitten with Grimlock and the attempt at scale. With Long Haul it’s obviously not perfect he should be enormous their scales are so staggered my god it’s like oh what you want a li’l steamshovel vehicle in there NO Scavenger will be a building with arms on a WHEEL wha huh? And there’s duplicates of many of them it’s a mystery wrapped in a conundrum tucked into a Constructicon.
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2024154)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on June 11th, 2019 @ 12:41pm CDT
Sentinel_Primal wrote:
00Stargrave00 wrote:These leader classes are going to be nuuuuts. :BOOM:
Image

I would both love it and hate it if that was the desig they chose for Overload. Awesome design, but it'd probably be a nightmare to transform :lol:


Personallly, I'm not going in on Devastator for a lack of funds and lack of a place to put what will roughly be the equivalent of a titan sized quadroped, but if that is what the Leader Overload toy looks like I'm buying it
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2024155)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on June 11th, 2019 @ 12:51pm CDT
Wireless_Phantom wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:
00Stargrave00 wrote:These leader classes are going to be nuuuuts. :BOOM:
Image

I would both love it and hate it if that was the desig they chose for Overload. Awesome design, but it'd probably be a nightmare to transform :lol:


Personallly, I'm not going in on Devastator for a lack of funds and lack of a place to put what will roughly be the equivalent of a titan sized quadroped, but if that is what the Leader Overload toy looks like I'm buying it


I don't think the final product will be anything close to that complex. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it, I just don't see it physically being possible to have a bot mode with that many smaller posable parts and still be a lower torso capable of bearing the weight of 1 leader, 2 voyagers and 2 deluxes on top of him without falling to pieces.
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2024156)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on June 11th, 2019 @ 12:52pm CDT
00Stargrave00 wrote:
Nathaniel Prime wrote:
00Stargrave00 wrote:I don’t see any practicality in that concept art I mean no way...but again it’s another freaky monster I’m curious to see what they come up with Mwa-hahaha it’s like Count Megatron in his dungeon laboratory.


Not Megatron...

Shockwave!

Hopefully this guy gets an epic figure.

Also, I noted that the figures seem to be smaller than they are supposed to. In the movie, Long Haul towered over Starscream, but now, he seems very short compared to him.


Yesss Doctor Shocktapus cooking up Predacons and Constructi-monstercons :lol: love that

I was so smitten with Grimlock and the attempt at scale. With Long Haul it’s obviously not perfect he should be enormous their scales are so staggered my god it’s like oh what you want a li’l steamshovel vehicle in there NO Scavenger will be a building with arms on a WHEEL wha huh? And there’s duplicates of many of them it’s a mystery wrapped in a conundrum tucked into a Constructicon.


Don't be smitten!... smitted? Smotten?

Anyway, Grimlock's scale didn't bother me too much, and he looked decent among TLK figures. But I am a little peeved about Long Haul's scale. He looks great, and I bet he will look great with his teammates, but I may never forget the fact that he is small now. But if it facilitates the combination gimmick better, I can live with that.

Also, seeing the combined leg modes in reverse order, that brings to question; are the legs for SS Devastator interchangeable? The ankles being able to tilt both ways seems to be an indication of that
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2024158)
Posted by Stargrave on June 11th, 2019 @ 1:17pm CDT
Dude I’m totally smited by that point! I honestly nerded out a bit when I realized that joint was for an ankle tilt.
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2024163)
Posted by william-james88 on June 11th, 2019 @ 2:52pm CDT
Gemstonegemini wrote:Just out of interest, what do you think the future for this line is? Do you think Hasbro is going to do a minimal amount of repaints or do you think we'll be seeing things like G1 deco Jazz/Starscream etc?

We might see redecos but if we do, it will be in the form of exclusives, like the Thundercracker redeco.

00Stargrave00 wrote:There’s a Leader Class Megatron warming the shelves at a nearby Target has anyone wanted to nab this guy or not so much?


I recently got him and while I really like the transformation and look of both modes, I really don,t like how limited his hips are. They dont go back far enough so he has balancing issues and ends up slouching.

I wouldnt call him shelfwarming though. There are only 2-3 leader class toys a year from that line and we all want to see nicely stocked shelves so having shelves stocked with the latest figure makes perfect sense. It's like last year, there was only Blackout and Grimlock so for sure you were gonna see them all year long, from them being out up until christmas.
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2024164)
Posted by william-james88 on June 11th, 2019 @ 2:52pm CDT
Gemstonegemini wrote:Just out of interest, what do you think the future for this line is? Do you think Hasbro is going to do a minimal amount of repaints or do you think we'll be seeing things like G1 deco Jazz/Starscream etc?

We might see redecos but if we do, it will be in the form of exclusives, like the Thundercracker redeco.

00Stargrave00 wrote:There’s a Leader Class Megatron warming the shelves at a nearby Target has anyone wanted to nab this guy or not so much?


I recently got him and while I really like the transformation and look of both modes, I really don,t like how limited his hips are. They dont go back far enough so he has balancing issues and ends up slouching.

I wouldnt call him shelfwarming though. There are only 2-3 leader class toys a year from that line and we all want to see nicely stocked shelves so having shelves stocked with the latest figure makes perfect sense. It's like last year, there was only Blackout and Grimlock so for sure you were gonna see them all year long, from them being out up until christmas.
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2024167)
Posted by Stargrave on June 11th, 2019 @ 3:03pm CDT
In package it’s hard to tell how the fabric lays.

This can be problematic with some Star Wars and Marvel Legends figures. Sometimes fabric is a nice choice that is stitched well while other times it can flay out a bit much making softer vinyl the better choice.

I was so impressed with how the cloak worked in this figure’s Voyager incarnation.

Would you say fabric was the right choice on this one? Other than the hips do the accessories make it an overall satisfying buy?
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2024168)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on June 11th, 2019 @ 3:38pm CDT
00Stargrave00 wrote:In package it’s hard to tell how the fabric lays.

This can be problematic with some Star Wars and Marvel Legends figures. Sometimes fabric is a nice choice that is stitched well while other times it can flay out a bit much making softer vinyl the better choice.

I was so impressed with how the cloak worked in this figure’s Voyager incarnation.

Would you say fabric was the right choice on this one? Other than the hips do the accessories make it an overall satisfying buy?


In some instances, fabric can be a good thing, while in others, not so much. I like the cloak for SS DOTM Megatron, but I thought it was pulled off way better on the DOTM Voyager.

The accessories are pretty nice, especially that shotgun, even if it is only painted on one side.

About the slouching, I am 90% sure it is meant to do that, as Megatron had a slouch in DOTM.

Overall, I thought SS DOTM Megatron is a good figure, and I think he's only shelfwarming because parents think there is a defect on his face (when in reality, his head is supposed to be like that)
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2024175)
Posted by william-james88 on June 11th, 2019 @ 5:32pm CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:
00Stargrave00 wrote:In package it’s hard to tell how the fabric lays.

This can be problematic with some Star Wars and Marvel Legends figures. Sometimes fabric is a nice choice that is stitched well while other times it can flay out a bit much making softer vinyl the better choice.

I was so impressed with how the cloak worked in this figure’s Voyager incarnation.

Would you say fabric was the right choice on this one? Other than the hips do the accessories make it an overall satisfying buy?


In some instances, fabric can be a good thing, while in others, not so much. I like the cloak for SS DOTM Megatron, but I thought it was pulled off way better on the DOTM Voyager.

The accessories are pretty nice, especially that shotgun, even if it is only painted on one side.

About the slouching, I am 90% sure it is meant to do that, as Megatron had a slouch in DOTM.

Overall, I thought SS DOTM Megatron is a good figure, and I think he's only shelfwarming because parents think there is a defect on his face (when in reality, his head is supposed to be like that)

Once again, i have no clue why we could call the latest toy from a toyline shelfwarming. Would you guys rather the shelves be empty?

And i dont care if he slouched in the film, the figure should have all ranges of articulation, and simply give you the option to present him as that, not force it. Those hips are ridiculously restrictive.
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul (2024176)
Posted by Stargrave on June 11th, 2019 @ 5:54pm CDT
Fair point. It’s the same box that’s not been sold for some time not, well, no I get it I see what you’re saying. I should have just said I made the observation it’s been unexpectedly present in a more populace area than I currently live in.

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #81 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1123IM354 81A (CA) Finch + McCaig"
NEW!
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #42 Cvr E Image Comics 2022 MAY220288 42E (CA) Adlard"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #3 Cvr L 1:50 Dynamite Comics 2021 MAY210878 3L (CA)Linsner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #49 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 AUG220257 49B (CA) Adlard"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #1 Dynamic Forces DF Octo Boom Comics 1D (CA) Haeser 240210B"
NEW!
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #8 Cvr C Dynamite Comics 2022 NOV210582 8C (CA) Celina"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "tINVINCIBLE RED SONJA #9 Cvr P Dynamite Comics 2022 MAR229174 9P (CA) Moritat"
tINVINCIBLE RED SO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #52 Cvr C Image Comics 2022 OCT220247 52C (CA) Lotay"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #78 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 1023IM395 78B (CA) Adlard + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #4 Cvr E 1:50 Boom Comics 2022 NOV210748 4E (CA) Romero"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #3 Cvr E 1:50 Boom Comics 2021 OCT210725 3E (CA) Infante"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #15 Cvr E AAPI Image Comics 2021 MAR218080 15E (CA) Cheng"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #66 Cvr D Image Comics 2023 MAY230294 66D (CA) Tedesco"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #8 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2022 NOV210581 8B (CA) Linsner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #343 - In the Future Year 2000
Twincast / Podcast #343:
"In the Future Year 2000"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, February 10th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Ultra Bee, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Furos and Hardhead" on AMAZON