New Stock Images of Transformers Earthrise Battle Master Doublecrosser

New Stock Images of Transformers Earthrise Battle Master Doublecrosser

Thursday, August 6th, 2020 3:35pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 35,968

Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user, O.Supreme has shared some interesting new stock images of the forthcoming third wave of Battlemasters for Transformers Earthrise. These images also appear on sponsor site Entertainment Earth. The images particularly contain the only new mold of wave 3, Decepticon Battlemaster Doublecrosser!

Transformers News: New Stock Images of Transformers Earthrise Battle Master Doublecrosser

Doublecrosser is similar to the previously released Soundbarrier and Slitherfang, in that his alt mode is a ramp connector piece, but unlike the other two, he is a four way connecting ramp! With him as part of the connection, fabs will be able to build more complex layouts of cities.

His robot mode is also memorable for having two heads.

Curiously, in the description of the wave breakdown on Entertainment Earth, it lists his name as Crossguard. Was Crossguard Doublecrosser's name before a last minute change?

The other Battlemasters in Wave 3 are repacks of Soundbarrier and Slitherfang.

What do you think of this new addition to the Decepticons? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.

Credit(s): o. supreme from Seibertron, Entertainment Earth

Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Earthrise Battle Master Doublecrosser (2075221)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on August 6th, 2020 @ 3:47pm CDT
This guy's name is now Twinferno so that I can keep calling the other one Doublecross.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Earthrise Battle Master Doublecrosser (2075222)
Posted by o.supreme on August 6th, 2020 @ 3:50pm CDT
That's kind of cool that both Soundbarrier and Slitherfang will be in wave 3 as well. Will make Doublecrosser harder to get, but that will definitely be the time to troop build with ramps if there ever was one. I may just pre-order a whole case and call it a day.

Also, what is the fan consensus.... we are of course no stranger to repaints, but with TR we got 15+ Titan Masters, PotP had roughly 8 single releases (all others were exclusives), and with Siege there were 9 regular releases (based on roughly 5 molds) minus exclusives.

For Earthrise we have had only 3 New Battlemasters, and 2 re-releases from Siege. Do fans like that there are fewer smaller figures with no repaints, or would we rather have additional characters even if they are just repaints of others?
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Earthrise Battle Master Doublecrosser (2075236)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on August 6th, 2020 @ 5:02pm CDT
AcademyofDrX wrote:They couldn't do anything different with Ironhide's feet?

Yeah, I've gotta say that vehicle mode looks ... bad. I thought just the shoulders sticking out would be the worst of it, but those feet? Couldn't they have just made them look like the back of a van?

I guess I'll have to hope for a 3P to save the day on this one.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Earthrise Battle Master Doublecrosser (2075238)
Posted by sol magnus on August 6th, 2020 @ 5:44pm CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:
AcademyofDrX wrote:They couldn't do anything different with Ironhide's feet?

I guess I'll have to hope for a 3P to save the day on this one.

You guys fly to 3P at the drop of a hat.

Maybe someone will make some feet or partsform the back of the van.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Earthrise Battle Master Doublecrosser (2075240)
Posted by Flashwave on August 6th, 2020 @ 5:53pm CDT
sol magnus wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:
AcademyofDrX wrote:They couldn't do anything different with Ironhide's feet?

I guess I'll have to hope for a 3P to save the day on this one.

You guys fly to 3P at the drop of a hat.

Maybe someone will make some feet or partsform the back of the van.

A guy had done that. Designed a set for Ratchet and Ironhide that allowed the toe piece to spin 180 and fit flush to the vack of the van. Sadly, he's out of the game; it was just a garage thing for him but they are really nice. Uses the same ankle joint as the original so super easy to install
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Earthrise Battle Master Doublecrosser (2075241)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on August 6th, 2020 @ 6:17pm CDT
There are definitely a few visual flaws to Ironhide's van mode... The random-looking black black boxes on the sides, the lack of windows towards the back, and the hinge under the windshield (of anything that was possible, what isn't that red instead of gray?)... On top of the back looking really awkward with his feet hanging out.

Thankfully none of this matters much to me since he'll never be in his alt mode anyway.
I'm still more than happy with the look of the bot mode.
Speaking of bot modes, I've recently seen some of the CW (and maybe PotP) figures; and talk about compromised design... Characters like Hound and Smokescreen look horrible compared to these ER figures!
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Earthrise Battle Master Doublecrosser (2075242)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on August 6th, 2020 @ 6:18pm CDT
sol magnus wrote:You guys fly to 3P at the drop of a hat.

Maybe someone will make some feet or partsform the back of the van.

Well. Can you blame me?

Partsforming a solution isn't something I'm into. That's alright for the shield, but not for feet.

TBH, it almost makes me want to cancel my preorder.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Earthrise Battle Master Doublecrosser (2075245)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on August 6th, 2020 @ 6:45pm CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:
sol magnus wrote:You guys fly to 3P at the drop of a hat.

Maybe someone will make some feet or partsform the back of the van.

Well. Can you blame me?

TBH, it almost makes me want to cancel my preorder.

It is a little annoying that the photos (at least that I've seen) have been taken from an angle that minimizes the back of the van...
I also don't think this is the best Ironhide that we'll end up seeing compared to where they are with the design of the something like the seeker mold.
But I'm holding on to my preorder... I still say the bot mode makes it worth it. In fact strictly talking bot mode, there isn't a whole lot more that can be improved here imo.
One thought I had that was a nudge to preorder was this: by the time we get a new design, is it going to be that much better anyway, and at what cost increase?

Not trying to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but sometimes with these toys I really almost start thinking. "Huh... This doesn't make much sense... This could've been better... Why isn't it?? Oh yeah, Hastak is waitng for a couple years to release the same character again with these types of improvements at a higher cost to maintain or increase their profit margin".
This isn't to suggest I think every flaw had some easy fix...
But it almost seems that sometimes the design team is told, "Hey y'all, the work is great... Too great... Let's back it down and remember there's always the next time; let's file a couple of these fixes away for the next release in a couple years. Now, who's in for lunch at Panera?"
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Earthrise Battle Master Doublecrosser (2075248)
Posted by sol magnus on August 6th, 2020 @ 7:10pm CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:
sol magnus wrote:You guys fly to 3P at the drop of a hat.

Maybe someone will make some feet or partsform the back of the van.

Well. Can you blame me?

TBH, it almost makes me want to cancel my preorder.

I don't blame you, but for myself my 'bots are displayed in robot mode so the van doesn't bother me in the slightest.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Earthrise Battle Master Doublecrosser (2075249)
Posted by Ultra Markus on August 6th, 2020 @ 7:23pm CDT
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Earthrise Battle Master Doublecrosser (2075253)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on August 6th, 2020 @ 8:13pm CDT

But I don't think they're going to make this version of Ironhide at this scale. So I may hold my nose on this one and get it. Because I have a feeling that this is it for G1 Ironhide at THIS scale.

Still. That vehicle mode. I think it's worse than the Universe mold. Sure the universe mold looks like a jigsaw puzzle, but at least it doesn't have robot feet sticking out the rear end. I'm just so disappointed in this. It's ... so almost a pass.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Earthrise Battle Master Doublecrosser (2075254)
Posted by blackeyedprime on August 6th, 2020 @ 8:13pm CDT
hopefuly more effort will go into Ratchet but if not then fingers crossed for RED versions, my collections waited this long with out a Ratchet it doesnt mind waiting a bit longer.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Earthrise Battle Master Doublecrosser (2075258)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 6th, 2020 @ 8:55pm CDT
Sky Lynx is seriously an incredible figure, he is so much fun! And has so much play value!

Also, I put my engineering degree to good use and built a spaceport! Omega is currently buried in one of my upper shelves at the moment, otherwise he would be there too

Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Earthrise Battle Master Doublecrosser (2075264)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 6th, 2020 @ 9:50pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Image
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Earthrise Battle Master Doublecrosser (2075270)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on August 7th, 2020 @ 12:02am CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:It'll be in bot mode for me too, but having a great bot mode and a so-so alt mode just robs the toy of half the fun. I want something I'm totally satisfied with. That I won't want to replace a couple of years down the line.

I totally get it... And that's part of the point I was making in my previous post... It's like when you see a seriously stupid commercial on tv and think, "Who the F thought that this was a good idea, and pushed it forward to actually paying people to make it happen?"
That's almost how I feel about those van feet... Like, that's it? That's the look the designers are happy with?? Other people in the company saw it and thought, "Yup, looks good."???
I do understand he's a large "deluxe"... But damn, figure out the alt mode and then charge $10 more for him. They want $20 for Cliffjumper, so yeah, I would pay $30 for that Ironhide, especially sans van feet.
But this is why I start to think there's f#ckery involved... It's the "well it's good enough, and there's always next time to make more money" mentality.
And sorry, it's 2020... It's really difficult to accept "reasons" why stuff like this happens.
Then I also remind myself, these are toys... On top of the choice to purchase or not.
I don't blame people for passing on figures for reasons like this. I've done it a ton myself.

Last thing I'll say is while we know this character will get made again sometime in the future, what little gimmick is it going to have that potentially compromises the design again?
In the grand scheme, a lot of the ER figures are pretty solid.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Earthrise Battle Master Doublecrosser (2075272)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on August 7th, 2020 @ 12:04am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:That settles it! I no longer care what any official packaging or media says. Sky Lynx's combined beast mode is totally a pointy-nosed dragon! :P

Wait, what does packaging/media claim is the combined mode?
That has to be a robot dragon!!
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Earthrise Battle Master Doublecrosser (2075274)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on August 7th, 2020 @ 12:13am CDT
Ultra Markus wrote:i'm surprised they didnt make ironhide a voyager class with that van roof it looks like it adds a good amount of plastic
That's probably why he's an exclusive.

The thing about Ironhide's feet should have been obvious already. :roll:
Every image we've had of him has shown that A. He has the same feet as SIEGE Ironhide and B. The shield is in no way capable of covering them.
And that vehicle mode render - just look at it!

It seriously took you all til the stolen copy review to notice?
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Earthrise Battle Master Doublecrosser (2075277)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on August 7th, 2020 @ 1:03am CDT
I will say... as much as the "red windows" pissed me off at first... realizing they're the front of his legs... I was like "oh... that's why".
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Earthrise Battle Master Doublecrosser (2075279)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on August 7th, 2020 @ 2:15am CDT
So, these images of a potential Earthrise Bluestreak just leaked on TFW with the source as an eBay listing. It could be fake, but it's worth noting that the render pose is different than Smokescreen's. Honestly, disappointed with how it looks, but it could be worse.

Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Earthrise Battle Master Doublecrosser (2075281)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on August 7th, 2020 @ 2:40am CDT
I really hope we get an actual blue Bluestreak in Selects. This one looks bland.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #259 - Podcast Convoy
"Podcast Convoy"
Posted: Sunday, September 13th, 2020

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Bot Shots Battle Game Series 1 B009 Thundercracker 2011" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Bot Shots Battle Game Series 1 B011 Autobot Topspin 2011" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Deluxe Chromia Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Walgreens Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Wingspan & Cloudraker 2 Pack" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro The Movie Transformers First Encounter Bumblebee VS Barricade 1st Film" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME ROBOTS IN DISGUISE DELUXE CLASS AIRACHNID" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME ROBOTS IN DISGUISE DELUXE CLASS CLIFFJUMPER" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege - War For Cybertron: "REFRAKTOR",  Deluxe Class, 2019, NEW" on EBAY