New Transformers Studio Series Backdrop Suggests New Upcoming Figures

Transformers News: New Transformers Studio Series Backdrop Suggests New Upcoming Figures

Sunday, April 15th, 2018 8:42AM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 41,827

A number of Seibertron.com community members - such as westjames/notirish - have been sending us a notification of what appears to be a rumoured new figure in the Transformers Studio Series line - or at least, a new backdrop appearing on the TFCN fan group, and leading to speculation of either a new Megatron or Sentinel Prime figures appearing later in the line, once the current waves are dealt with.

The backdrop appears to depict the Chicago Bridge scene from Dark of the Moon, which features both of the characters, alongside Optimus Prime. As many fans have been asking for a bigger truck Megatron this might be a good outlet, but so far there have been no repeats, so Sentinel may equally be feasible - what do you think? Let us know in the discussion!

A new background for a mystery #StudioSeries figure. This takes place on the Chicago Bridge where Optimus and Sentinel fought, and also looks like the shot where Megatron said “who would you be without me?” Swipe to see each shot. Do you think this will be for Megatron or Sentinel? If they did make Megatron, my guess would be that he would have the desert as his background, but I would love a DOTM Megatron update. Sentinel could also use an update, so it could be him. #TransformersStudioSeries #Megatron #SentinelPrime

Credit(s): IG transformers quotes

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Transformers Studio Series Backdrop Suggests New Upcoming Figures (1953025)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 15th, 2018 @ 8:46am CDT
:michaelbay: GIVE US LEADER DOTM LEGATRON ALREADY! :michaelbay:
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Backdrop Suggests New Upcoming Figures (1953029)
Posted by Rated X on April 15th, 2018 @ 9:05am CDT
Not interested in sentinal prime. I dont think DOTM Megatron needs a new figure personally. Then again I have the nice Takara edition. If its gotta be DOTM, I would much rather see Hatchet or Roadbuster with an armored car mode. It also wouldnt hurt to release Leadfoot for everybody who didnt grab the expensive one or the KO. Also can anyone say deluxe Soundwave? In silver paint of course.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Backdrop Suggests New Upcoming Figures (1953032)
Posted by Agent 53 on April 15th, 2018 @ 9:46am CDT
I'd go for either but the speculators are missing something. While it would be ridiculously lazy Optimus was on that bridge as well, an he already has a studio series figure, all they'd need to do was change his abs. Personally I'd expect Sentinel though, because of all 3 members of that fight Optimus and Megatron already have toys in this line, though both have other bodies as well. Something I'd like is a more screen accurate protoform.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Backdrop Suggests New Upcoming Figures (1953036)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 15th, 2018 @ 9:52am CDT
A leader DOTM Megatron in scale would be possible. The cab itself of the truck would be the same size as the voyager Optimus cab, not counting the trailer. The trailer would then compact a lot to make DOTM leader Megatron the same size as the "ROTF" voyager Megatron. Sure, it would be a small leader, but it would be the same thing with voyager Optimus. The number of parts and engineering would justify the category and the price.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Backdrop Suggests New Upcoming Figures (1953040)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on April 15th, 2018 @ 10:04am CDT
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Backdrop Suggests New Upcoming Figures (1953047)
Posted by Lore Keeper on April 15th, 2018 @ 10:26am CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:My money's on it being Sentinel, but I'd be really happy with any of the three from this scene!

I'm not so enthused on this one. Sentinel already had a fantastic leader toy and isn't someone I would think is in need of an update. But then again, neither was ROTF Optimus, so I guess having him in scale with the rest of SS is a huge plus for some people. I'm with those that say a SS Soundwave would be a great pick from this movie.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Backdrop Suggests New Upcoming Figures (1953064)
Posted by Spider5800 on April 15th, 2018 @ 11:48am CDT
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Backdrop Suggests New Upcoming Figures (1953076)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on April 15th, 2018 @ 12:55pm CDT
wheelhousean wrote:For my Blackout figure, I chose to keep them horizontal, but swapped the right and left sides and rotated them 180 (those pins were no joke!). I then dremeled inside the arms to allow the hands to fold back up without showing in alt mode.

I thought of doing that, I like how it looks. And I agree, those pins were brutal!
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Backdrop Suggests New Upcoming Figures (1953088)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 15th, 2018 @ 1:30pm CDT
Spider5800 wrote:The important thing here is they're continuing the line. Hopefully we get a voyager or leader sized Bonecrusher and some of the other characters who've never had a toy released from this (Leadfoot, Dino, Mercedes Soundwave, Scrapper, take your pick) and it's not just a bunch of new molds of characters we already have tons of toys for (although no doubt we'll get ANOTHER Bumblebee for his new movie, and wouldn't shock me to see a Ratchet repaint to match his DotM color scheme).

We were supposed to get a bumblebee based on his vw beetle alt in the first wave buy then the film was pushed back so they gave us the camero instead with the beetle coming later (along with the rest of the toys to advertise the movie)
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Backdrop Suggests New Upcoming Figures (1953094)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 15th, 2018 @ 1:42pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:

Let's hope Beetle Bee will be a completely new mold with better engeniring and none of the QC issues than "Hammer Time" Bee.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Backdrop Suggests New Upcoming Figures (1953141)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 15th, 2018 @ 3:02pm CDT
I would like to think so, I mean given the dimensions of a beetle they would have to do something to make sure his height in both mode was the same
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Backdrop Suggests New Upcoming Figures (1953152)
Posted by Lokimus on April 15th, 2018 @ 3:35pm CDT
I'm just gonna say now, I already said to multiple friends that I hope for a Sentinel Prime, so if it ends up being that, my reputation only gets better. ;)
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Backdrop Suggests New Upcoming Figures (1953185)
Posted by SFXPrime on April 15th, 2018 @ 5:13pm CDT
I'm hoping the Studio Series will keep going. I would love to have a Leader Class Demolisher from Revenge of the Fallen.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Backdrop Suggests New Upcoming Figures (1953200)
Posted by Ironhidensh on April 15th, 2018 @ 5:36pm CDT

Namely, the underside of the tail doest stay in place, and flops down. I'm hoping I'm doing something wrong, the instructions are that worthless dark print crap. Seriously Hasbro, why must the instructions be worthless?

I'm gonna watch a few youtube videos, see if I can figure it out.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Backdrop Suggests New Upcoming Figures (1953203)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 15th, 2018 @ 5:41pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:So I got Grimlock the other day, and I'm a tad disappointed as well as impressed. This is my first ever movie Grimlock figure, as I positively despise the characters aracter and design from that series. The size and faithfulness to screen design is great, but mine may be a tad loose in spots.

I'm gonna watch a few youtube videos, see if I can figure it out.

Reply to me.
For your happy 10000th!
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Backdrop Suggests New Upcoming Figures (1953204)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on April 15th, 2018 @ 5:41pm CDT

I'm gonna watch a few youtube videos, see if I can figure it out.

I think that's just how the figure was designed, unfortunately. Mine stays up fairly well but will still flop down, and I've heard a lot of people have the same issue. I don't personally mind it since I'm displaying mine in robot mode but it would've been cool if they'd added some pegs so it could (Grim)lock into place better. The toy is frickin gorgeous either way, I was impressed by the painted detail and that he barely fit in the box!
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Backdrop Suggests New Upcoming Figures (1953213)
Posted by Octobotimus on April 15th, 2018 @ 5:51pm CDT
this is pretty old news tbh..... was shown off like 2 months ago in many places....
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Backdrop Suggests New Upcoming Figures (1953243)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on April 15th, 2018 @ 9:09pm CDT
Maybe we might end up getting a new Voyager Sentinel Prime figure based off of his Leader toy! I think that would be great for Studio Series, although I would also like a new, more accurate DOTM Soundwave at the Deluxe scale. Cheers to seeing what it might be in the future!
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Backdrop Suggests New Upcoming Figures (1953331)
Posted by william-james88 on April 16th, 2018 @ 10:52am CDT
Walmart Canada now has the entirety of the first wae of Transformers Studio Series available in their stores, including the leader class toys Grimlock and Blackout. The voyagers and deluxes are also present and those two classes can also be purchased on their website. The prices are the new MSRP based on the price jump from the Pemier Edition Transformers: The Last Knight toys, where deluxes are $29.97, voyagers are $39.97 and leaders are $69.97.

These toys are trickling across North America right now, at various retail outlets (Target in the US now has the leaders for instance) and opinions have been mixed but generally more positive than negative. Many wonder if this line will continue and Hasbro already did confirm more toys coming, such as the toys for characters from the upcoming Bumblebee movie that have been pushed to a later release in an attempt to be on shelves closer to the film's release.

Re: New Transformers Studio Series Backdrop Suggests New Upcoming Figures (1953335)
Posted by Rated X on April 16th, 2018 @ 11:12am CDT
Ouch. Are they serious about those prices? Does it really cost them that much extra per unit to get them on the shelves in mass quanity? Or is that just using the economy as an excuse to f**k the general public? Oh well...at least the free health insurance helps build up some extra spending money.
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 30 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #207 - Through The Fargate
"Through The Fargate"
Posted: Sunday, September 9th, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon

Buy "NEW Transformers Movie 4 Age of Extinction AOE VOYAGER 7" AUTOBOT DRIFT MISB" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Movie 4 Age of Extinction AOE VOYAGER 7" SLOG DINOBOT MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Custom Classics GENERATIONS G2 Megatron Remolded chest GDO Hotspot" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS 4 AGE EXTINCTION AOE DELUXE STRAFE EVOLUTION TRU EXCLUSIV G1 2-PACK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Platinum CROSSHAIRS Complete Deluxe AOE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction GALVATRON Voyager AOE Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 1985 BOMBSHELL loose figure insecticon hasbro takara" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Wreck-Gar ACTION FIGURE NEW" on EBAY