This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images

Transformers News: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images

Monday, July 23rd, 2018 12:34PM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 25,733

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Fellow Seibertronian Carnivius_Prime has pointed us towards a new series of images from Weibo and other assorted social network platforms - mirrored below for ease from Autobase Aichi - featuring the Takara Tomy and Hasbro collaboration on the Transformers Studio Series line of figures, and the extent of the line until its 25th release!

The full list, which you can also see in text below, including figures from 15 to 25, has a lot of Bumblebees (between the new movie and his old Camaro body with a small figure of Charlie Watson, Hailee Steinfeld's character in the movie) and the reveals from San Diego Comic Con 2018 of KSI Sentry, Shadow Raider, and Ratchet - plus Ratchet and Dropkick. Check out the scale chart images with all the figures from the line below!

• 15: 1977 Camaro Bumblebee with Charlie
• 16: Autobot Ratchet (DOTM redeco)
• 17: Decepticon Shadow Raider
• 18: 1967 VW Beetle Bumblebee
• 19: Gold 1977 Camaro Bumblebee (Exclusive - Retro Pop Highway Vol.1)
• 20: Gold 1967 VW Beetle Bumblebee (Exclusive - Retro Pop Highway Vol.2)
• 21: Starscream (ROTF redeco)
• 22: Dropkick
• 23: KSI Sentry
• 24: 1967 VW Beetle Bumblebee
• 25: 2016 Camaro Bumblebee

Transformers News: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images

Transformers News: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images

Transformers News: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images

Transformers News: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images

Transformers News: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images
Credit(s): Autobase Aichi

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973328)
Posted by Munkky on July 23rd, 2018 @ 1:18pm CDT
As much as I understand how popular Bumblebee is, SEVEN Deluxe Bumblebees from the same two moulds in one toyline seems a bit excessive, even if some of them are exclusives. Along with Dropkick not looking like his design in the movie (I don't expect a full triple-changing Dropkick toy) and flat-out making up a character to repaint Lockdown into instead of just retooling it into a new Hot Rod, I think Studio Series has really dropped the ball after wave 2.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973331)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 23rd, 2018 @ 1:23pm CDT
Dropkick may look like that at one point though...now as for lockdown, I think someone else was right in that this was a way to get the gun and masked head out there. Who said they weren't making a hot rod anyway? There's plenty of time for that. Bee is still a bit of a mystery but they would probably expect people to pick and choose (while laughing at those who'll have to fight the urge to complete the line)
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973332)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on July 23rd, 2018 @ 1:33pm CDT
So with the 1977 Camero Version comes with Charlie, it appears, I'm guessing that means we'll see him shift into that by the end. If that is the case, I'm a bit disappointed by that.

Speaking of the Studio Series line, it looks like the VW Bug version of Bumblebee won't be available on the Hasbro site, unless it gets added just before the sale starts.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973345)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 23rd, 2018 @ 1:55pm CDT
Why would you not like that? It would help bridge the idea that the film is a prequel. I mean I don't think he'd change his alt till the very end of the movie anyway
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973352)
Posted by william-james88 on July 23rd, 2018 @ 2:04pm CDT
Rodimus Knight wrote:Speaking of the Studio Series line, it looks like the VW Bug version of Bumblebee won't be available on the Hasbro site, unless it gets added just before the sale starts.


That mold is coming out in a bunch of different ways. The exclusive releases are retailer specific, so of course HTS wouldt have them, but there is no reason to suspect that they wont have the mass retail release of the mold, SS 18.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973354)
Posted by Randomhero on July 23rd, 2018 @ 2:07pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Why would you not like that? It would help bridge the idea that the film is a prequel. I mean I don't think he'd change his alt till the very end of the movie anyway


Because it’s transformers. fans must find things to be disappointed in.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973360)
Posted by william-james88 on July 23rd, 2018 @ 2:16pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Why would you not like that? It would help bridge the idea that the film is a prequel. I mean I don't think he'd change his alt till the very end of the movie anyway


Because it’s transformers. fans must find things to be disappointed in.

Its not hard to find, already 5 live action films have been made :lol:

Jokes aside, I will admit, for a film where the marketting is about this being more G1 than anything before (the director having grown up with G1, BB beign a volkswagon, it taking place in the 80s), I do find it really odd that a G1 coloured jet transformer wearing a stylized G1 head of Starscream is not starscream. I know marketting people can be real dumb but this strikes me as an odd choice and I dont kow why they made it. They knew it would be a talking point, and the shot was chosen for the trailer so I am just puzzled as to the point of making us think one way and revealing something left field.

I dont really care about the end product since I am watching this for the film itself, but its still an odd decision in how this jet's identity has been handled.

EDIT: Dammit, I thought i was in another thread.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973373)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on July 23rd, 2018 @ 2:49pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Rodimus Knight wrote:Speaking of the Studio Series line, it looks like the VW Bug version of Bumblebee won't be available on the Hasbro site, unless it gets added just before the sale starts.


That mold is coming out in a bunch of different ways. The exclusive releases are retailer specific, so of course HTS wouldt have them, but there is no reason to suspect that they wont have the mass retail release of the mold, SS 18.


I'm specifically talking about the SDCC gold version, with the two cassette. The Vol 2 version.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973375)
Posted by william-james88 on July 23rd, 2018 @ 2:51pm CDT
Rodimus Knight wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Rodimus Knight wrote:Speaking of the Studio Series line, it looks like the VW Bug version of Bumblebee won't be available on the Hasbro site, unless it gets added just before the sale starts.


That mold is coming out in a bunch of different ways. The exclusive releases are retailer specific, so of course HTS wouldt have them, but there is no reason to suspect that they wont have the mass retail release of the mold, SS 18.


I'm specifically talking about the SDCC gold version, with the two cassette. The Vol 2 version.

Its retailer exclusive rather than convention exclusive, so no it wont be available there.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973382)
Posted by Deadput on July 23rd, 2018 @ 2:59pm CDT
Munkky wrote:As much as I understand how popular Bumblebee is, SEVEN Deluxe Bumblebees from the same two moulds in one toyline seems a bit excessive, even if some of them are exclusives. Along with Dropkick not looking like his design in the movie (I don't expect a full triple-changing Dropkick toy) and flat-out making up a character to repaint Lockdown into instead of just retooling it into a new Hot Rod, I think Studio Series has really dropped the ball after wave 2.


I mean it may seem excessive at first but only two (maybe 3) are retail figures the rest being exclusive in some way.

01 Bee: While a retail figure it is also a version of Bumblebee we haven't had a figure of since 2007 (maybe there was something in 2009 but I doubt it) and the figure back then wasn't exactly film accurate.

15 Bee: This is probably an exclusive since it comes with a Charlie fig but it seems to be unchanged from 01 so I guess they could of done something with it.

18 Bee: This seems to be the retail version of the VW Bee which we haven't had a figure of before and since it's his form in the upcoming film had to have at least a couple figures dedicated to. Also it's pretty spaced out from the first retail Bee so I don't think both retail Bee's will be on shelves at the same time.

19 and 20 Bee: Both are gold repaints of the previous two and both are exclusives, while they may have numbers I honestly doubt either are taking placements from any possible characters, plus how angry would fans be if these places were used for say Sideways and Jolt?

24 and 25 Bee: These are a two pack and probably exclusive in of itself, one of the figs is a re-release of a previous line Bee and the only version of a modern Camaro Bumblebee in the Studio Series line so far and the other seems to just be an unchanged version of 18, again I don't think these are taking places for any other possible figure.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973388)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 23rd, 2018 @ 3:19pm CDT
Munkky wrote:and flat-out making up a character to repaint Lockdown into instead of just retooling it into a new Hot Rod, I think Studio Series has really dropped the ball after wave 2.

Well, as I stated before, I can actually see a purpose to Shadow Raider that would not be served by Hot Rod: Providing Lockdown's gun, and his masked head. Packaging those with Hot Rod wouldn't make any sense at all (and would be to Hot Rod's detriment, considering). And making him a redeco character vaguely based on another car seen in Age of Extinction (as opposed to just an alternate Lockdown) helps counteract the "But you already have that toy" response.

TLDR he's a glorified accessory pack for Lockdown.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973395)
Posted by hausjam on July 23rd, 2018 @ 3:35pm CDT
I will pretty much be sticking to 3rd party from now on. Between Studio series and WFC, the immediate future of Hasbro looks rather disappointing.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973406)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on July 23rd, 2018 @ 4:40pm CDT
The Studio Series line drew me back into collecting the live-action movie Transformers (for a third time). At the beginning, it was very exciting to get these characters and figures in proper scale and with (in most cases) the most screen-accurate sculpting and designs yet. Heck, it even got me to pick up many of "The Last Knight" figures as they were being clearanced out of stores over the past few months. Now, after the release of the Wave 2 Deluxes and Voyagers, things are really cooling off for me. There's very little to look forward to for the rest of the year, thanks to the Bumblebee movie taking over for the next quarter or two. Having a few "army builders" with the KSI Drone and "Shadow Raider" are fine, but not terribly exciting, like collecting some Sweeps or Sharkticons would be for G1, for instance. I'm sure I'll be more into Dropkick after seeing the movie, but for now, he's not a character I have any attachment to at all. The repaints of Ratchet and Starscream are really only appealing to me in terms of their different accessories, as I much prefer both of their original decos to their later incarnations in the movies. I guess I'll focus on trying to snipe some good deals on eBay for some earlier movieverse figures that are still top notch quality and unlikely to get representation in the Studio Series any time soon.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973416)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 23rd, 2018 @ 5:09pm CDT
Munkky wrote:nd flat-out making up a character to repaint Lockdown into instead of just retooling it into a new Hot Rod,



I don't want them to retool another Lockdown into Hot Rod like they did with TLK. THe third party Hot Rod's have shown how damn cool he looks when he's been done all new from scratch.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973420)
Posted by First-Aid on July 23rd, 2018 @ 5:21pm CDT
So of the 25 studio series figures, about 30% are Bumblebees.

:BOOM:

I'm really starting to hate Bumblebee.

Dear Hasbro,

Variety is the spice of life.

Right now, all you're giving us is salt. How about some oregano or thyme or monosodium glutamate? Pepper? Hell, I'll settle for anise right now and I HATE black jellybeans. Too much salt gives people high blood pressure.

:michaelbay:
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973422)
Posted by Skritz on July 23rd, 2018 @ 5:39pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:So of the 25 studio series figures, about 30% are Bumblebees.

:BOOM:

I'm really starting to hate Bumblebee.

Dear Hasbro,

Variety is the spice of life.

Right now, all you're giving us is salt. How about some oregano or thyme or monosodium glutamate? Pepper? Hell, I'll settle for anise right now and I HATE black jellybeans. Too much salt gives people high blood pressure.

:michaelbay:


BAAAAMBLEBEEEEEY!!!
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973428)
Posted by transformers_va on July 23rd, 2018 @ 5:54pm CDT
Why is Bumblebee apparently so popular? Imho, he wasn't that good in the G1 cartoon, comics, etc., and the Bay movies didn't help with the whole not talking aspect to an already weak character. I'm personally getting annoyed at the focus in on Bumblebee, Grimlock, and Optimus.. there are sooooo many other Transformers that are much cooler/better than they could ever be.

Sorry about the rant, but with all the Bumblebees in the Studio Line.. :-x
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973429)
Posted by What's Crackin'? on July 23rd, 2018 @ 5:54pm CDT
I just love how the #15 Bee is just a worse version of the #1 Bee,, but they expect you to still buy it because it comes with Charlie. Seriously it has almost 0 paint. Why does this need to exist other than to sell more Bees. Where is the new Optimus Prime, and freakin' Bonecrusher? I love Bee, and the exsclusives are fine, but if you're gonna repaint figures at least make them look cool, andd not worse! Gold bees are fine, but no blue head to homage Gold Bug? Then you re-release the TLK Bee, and make it worse? Do a Jazz in G1 colors or something, but not this. Really hope the line gets better after this new wave. We don't want these garbage Bee re-releases. If you're gonna do this at least make it a High Octane one.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973432)
Posted by Skritz on July 23rd, 2018 @ 6:01pm CDT
transformers_va wrote:Why is Bumblebee apparently so popular?


Because he's the mascot of the Live Action Movies. Simple as that.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973440)
Posted by transformers_va on July 23rd, 2018 @ 6:20pm CDT
I understand that, but what I don't understand is why/how he became the mascot. He wasn't good to begin with, and there were soooo many better options to build a franchise around.

I don't ever recall a time that I thought of the G1s, and thought, oh yeah Bumblebee is why I got into these in the first place.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973441)
Posted by Skritz on July 23rd, 2018 @ 6:22pm CDT
transformers_va wrote:I understand that, but what I don't understand is why/how he became the mascot. He wasn't good to begin with, and there were soooo many better options to build a franchise around.

I don't ever recall a time that I thought of the G1s, and thought, oh yeah Bumblebee is why I got into these in the first place.


He's a season 1 Autobot and he was seen hanging with humans.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973447)
Posted by transformers_va on July 23rd, 2018 @ 6:29pm CDT
Ummmmm.. Unless I'm misremembering.. I think a lot of them did
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973452)
Posted by Qwan on July 23rd, 2018 @ 6:45pm CDT
As much as this is a fine conversation to have, may I suggest taking it to the Bumlebee Movie thread? This one is intended for the toys, after all... ;)
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973457)
Posted by First-Aid on July 23rd, 2018 @ 6:52pm CDT
Qwan wrote:As much as this is a fine conversation to have, may I suggest taking it to the Bumlebee Movie thread? This one is intended for the toys, after all... ;)


OK, we'll get back on focus.

TOO MANY BUMBLEBEES! MUST HAVE CREATIVITY! VARIETY! WANT BETTER TOYS NOW!!! :KREMZEEK:
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973464)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 23rd, 2018 @ 6:59pm CDT
So with the reveals out of the way, my notes:

KSI Sentry: boring, no thanks.

Shadow Raider: the one conflicts me. I was going to get Lockdown, but with this version having his masked head and a different color scheme and new character, I could justify it alongside my AoE Lockdown without getting 2 technically. But the Lockdown comes with the better sword accessories, grr.

Ratchet: I got the 1st, I'm good.

Starscream: yes please, I have been waiting for the saw.

Ironhide: Eh, I'm not digging him too much.

VW Bee: Oh yes please, great job with that one!!

Dropkick: also yes please! Though I am bummed they didn't make him a muscle car.

Bonecrusher... oh wait, he's not there. Where is he dammit?????? And a new leader figure?????
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973466)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 23rd, 2018 @ 7:03pm CDT
transformers_va wrote:Why is Bumblebee apparently so popular? Imho, he wasn't that good in the G1 cartoon, comics, etc., and the Bay movies didn't help with the whole not talking aspect to an already weak character. I'm personally getting annoyed at the focus in on Bumblebee, Grimlock, and Optimus.. there are sooooo many other Transformers that are much cooler/better than they could ever be.

Sorry about the rant, but with all the Bumblebees in the Studio Line.. :-x

Bumblebee is the kid-appeal character - on the small side, usually but not always yellow, has a lot of moxie for his size, often best friends with human companion characters if present, usually cute in some way. G1 Bumblebee set a trend followed by most subsequent kid-appeal characters to some degree: G1 Hot Rod, G1 Wheelie, Beast Wars Cheetor (Who spawned a quote about the concept: "Little. Yellow. Special. Kids love him."), Armada Hot Shot, Energon Ironhide, Cybertron Scattorshot (though he splits the kid-appeal duties with Jolt), movie Bumblebee, Animated Bumblebee. Don't know for sure right off about RiD (2001) or TFP.

Anyway, marketer logic (which is often out of sync with reality) says that since the kid-appeal character appeals to kids, toys of them are infinitely more marketable and thus they should get a bazillion toys (as well as get huge toys despite part of the character's appeal being that they're SMALLER. Beast Machines Supreme-class Cheetor, Animated jumbo-size Bumblebee, the assorted Leader-class movieverse Bumblebees - DotM Leader-class Bumblebee being the stupidest by far... And Hasbro's marketers never seem to learn despite how many of these have shelfwarmed. Including Supreme-class Cheetor, the one who started the trend.). RiD through the Unicron Trilogy, this bad habit was suppressed. But come the movies it flared right back up and hasn't been properly quashed since.

As for movieverse Bumblebee not talking normally most of the time and using radio clips instead, that apparently is Spielberg's fault. Because he thinks it makes him more interesting and more appealing. As for his being such a main focus, well... Kid appeal aside, the fact that they have to deal with shooting in actual physical locations means that his size makes him easier to fit into scenes than larger characters.

I do think there are a couple too many Bumblebees in the line, and the "one accessory per figure" thing (which has only a couple exceptions) is annoying and obviously done for profiteering (oh, you want Ratchet's gun? You have to buy a whole new Ratchet toy that doesn't even reflect a movie paintjob). On the other hand, some of them are nice to have. Classic Camaro 'Bee needed a new toy, the TLK Bee reissue is probably welcome to people who missed out on getting Proper TLK Deluxe 'Bee at retail because of how horrible TLK's distribution was (due in part to how badly Wave 1 shelfwarmed). But it is a bit much all the same.

hausjam wrote:I will pretty much be sticking to 3rd party from now on. Between Studio series and WFC, the immediate future of Hasbro looks rather disappointing.

What's your problem with WFC: Seige? No, really, what's your problem? We're getting a Chromia that actually turns into her car mode, a new Deluxe Ironhide/Ratchet van mold, Firedrive for people who don't want to buy Legends Targetmaster Roddy, Cog to go with Fortress Maximus, a new and very G1-looking Voyager Optimus (it figures, right after I finally found a reasonably-priced CW Optimus), a cab-robot-and-trailer-armor Ultra Magnus who looks more G1 in robot mode than CW Mags did (plus seems to have a Voyager-size cab!) and while his altmode looks more RiD than G1 it can probably carry one more Deluxe car than CW Mags, a new Deluxe Sideswipe (a welcome sight since while Universe Sideswipe is a good figure, he's also one of those Costs A Heap Secondhand Because Because toys now. My only disappointment is he probably can't combine with CW Optimus since we still need a combining Sideswipe and Windcharger), a new Hound that comes with more weapons than Universe Hound did and is likely a little bigger...
I can understand being disappointed in the Studio Series, but WFC: Seige is looking pretty appealing. Certainly not grounds for "WAAAH WAAAH I'M JUMPING TO 3P ONLY EVEN THOUGH MOSTLY WHAT THEY DO IS MASTERPIECE-STYLE FIGURES AND NOT MUCH IN THE WAY OF CLASSICS/GENERATIONS STUFF OUTSIDE OF 50 DIFFERENT NOT-DEVASTATORS".
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973472)
Posted by transformers_va on July 23rd, 2018 @ 7:17pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:OK, we'll get back on focus.

TOO MANY BUMBLEBEES! MUST HAVE CREATIVITY! VARIETY! WANT BETTER TOYS NOW!!! :KREMZEEK:


HEAR, HEAR!

ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Bumblebee is the kid-appeal character - on the small side, usually but not always yellow, has a lot of moxie for his size, often best friends with human companion characters if present, usually cute in some way. G1 Bumblebee set a trend followed by most subsequent kid-appeal characters to some degree: G1 Hot Rod, G1 Wheelie, Beast Wars Cheetor (Who spawned a quote about the concept: "Little. Yellow. Special. Kids love him."), Armada Hot Shot, Energon Ironhide, Cybertron Scattorshot (though he splits the kid-appeal duties with Jolt), movie Bumblebee, Animated Bumblebee. Don't know for sure right off about RiD (2001) or TFP.

Anyway, marketer logic (which is often out of sync with reality) says that since the kid-appeal character appeals to kids, toys of them are infinitely more marketable and thus they should get a bazillion toys (as well as get huge toys despite part of the character's appeal being that they're SMALLER. Beast Machines Supreme-class Cheetor, Animated jumbo-size Bumblebee, the assorted Leader-class movieverse Bumblebees - DotM Leader-class Bumblebee being the stupidest by far... And Hasbro's marketers never seem to learn despite how many of these have shelfwarmed. Including Supreme-class Cheetor, the one who started the trend.). RiD through the Unicron Trilogy, this bad habit was suppressed. But come the movies it flared right back up and hasn't been properly quashed since.

As for Bumblebee not talking normally most of the time and using radio clips instead, that apparently is Spielberg's fault. Because he thinks it makes him more interesting and more appealing.


Very well explained, and I agree 100% about the marketer logic - thank you!
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973489)
Posted by Tommy T. on July 23rd, 2018 @ 8:14pm CDT
You know, I know bumblebee is there mascot but I agree 7 bumblebees is a little too much. Who wants some characters we haven't gotten yet? Give me the garbage truck in dark of the moon as a leader!!!!or a screen accurate dino!!!
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973502)
Posted by DISCHARGE on July 23rd, 2018 @ 9:27pm CDT
I was going to wait and just pick up the tattoo Starscream, but Jazz in his robot mode looked pretty cool.
Dang is he small though.
0723182114c_Film1.jpg

I'm guessing I would need to have more to appreciate him at that size. That's cool though, I might pick up the Megatron, just cuz they're buddies.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973513)
Posted by First-Aid on July 23rd, 2018 @ 10:08pm CDT
Tommy T. wrote:You know, I know bumblebee is there mascot but I agree 7 bumblebees is a little too much. Who wants some characters we haven't gotten yet? Give me the garbage truck in dark of the moon as a leader!!!!or a screen accurate dino!!!


Leader class Scorn or Slug. I'd poop the bed over those...
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973516)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 23rd, 2018 @ 10:12pm CDT
One day, I'm gonna get Jazz and Megs. One day...
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973526)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on July 23rd, 2018 @ 11:07pm CDT
OK guys, done dissecting the mixed listings, as expected Studio Series entries may have been in there, tho not many:

Deluxe
Dino
Barricade
Sideswipe
Crankcase
Drift

Leader Class
Jetfire
Megatron

The rest seem to be either WFC or Bumblebee movie items.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973528)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 23rd, 2018 @ 11:21pm CDT
Yay for Dino and Jetfire.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973534)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on July 23rd, 2018 @ 11:50pm CDT
Leader Class Studio Series Megatron, huh? Maybe it will be his Dark of the Moon truck form? I'm guessing he'll be a smaller Leader figure and some of the "bulk" will be taken out of robot mode and put into accessories, like his shotgun and his cape and cowl.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973547)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on July 24th, 2018 @ 2:45am CDT
I suspect the Leader Class Shockwave to be part of the Studio Series as well, but can anyone provide info on his height compared to Optimus?
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973560)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 24th, 2018 @ 4:04am CDT
This is third party but since it's an upgrade kit for a Studio figure I thought it best to post here so collectors of Studio won't miss it.

In addition to their upcoming Grimlock upgrade kit (who badly needs it, especially that new dino tail and robot hands), DNA Design have a Megatron kit coming out which notably adds new side sections that are small wings in tank mode and fold up to cover up some of the hollow sides of the robot mode and a right hand to have in place of his stabby gun arm if you want to.

37774919_2134801843474993_3165721609633792_o.jpg

37729382_2134801153475062_3977650095649718272_o.jpg

37707054_2134801680141676_8857830716071739392_o.jpg

37709652_2134802010141643_4113821973639856128_n.jpg

37682735_2134801206808390_3564987550495932416_o.jpg


More at https://www.facebook.com/dnadesign.dna/ ... 4790141365
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973585)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on July 24th, 2018 @ 7:12am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Rodimus Knight wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Rodimus Knight wrote:Speaking of the Studio Series line, it looks like the VW Bug version of Bumblebee won't be available on the Hasbro site, unless it gets added just before the sale starts.


That mold is coming out in a bunch of different ways. The exclusive releases are retailer specific, so of course HTS wouldt have them, but there is no reason to suspect that they wont have the mass retail release of the mold, SS 18.


I'm specifically talking about the SDCC gold version, with the two cassette. The Vol 2 version.

Its retailer exclusive rather than convention exclusive, so no it wont be available there.


Have the announced the retailer that has it, cause everything else I've seen sounded like it was a convention thing.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973586)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 24th, 2018 @ 7:17am CDT
For UK collectors Kapow Toys has the gold VW Bee set for £59.99 pre-order. Which is more than i was hoping to pay for a Deluxe toy I really want stuck with G1 cassettes I don't want at all so am wondering how much thsoe tapes are worth to a G1 collector.

https://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/transformer ... ghway.html

They had a listing for the gold Camaro set but that seems to have disappeared and it was £64.99.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973599)
Posted by william-james88 on July 24th, 2018 @ 8:24am CDT
Rodimus Knight wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Rodimus Knight wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Rodimus Knight wrote:Speaking of the Studio Series line, it looks like the VW Bug version of Bumblebee won't be available on the Hasbro site, unless it gets added just before the sale starts.


That mold is coming out in a bunch of different ways. The exclusive releases are retailer specific, so of course HTS wouldt have them, but there is no reason to suspect that they wont have the mass retail release of the mold, SS 18.


I'm specifically talking about the SDCC gold version, with the two cassette. The Vol 2 version.

Its retailer exclusive rather than convention exclusive, so no it wont be available there.


Have the announced the retailer that has it, cause everything else I've seen sounded like it was a convention thing.


Hasbro stated entertainment earth, you can preorder it right now

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prod ... ve/hse1891
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973604)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 24th, 2018 @ 8:44am CDT
First-Aid wrote:
Tommy T. wrote:You know, I know bumblebee is there mascot but I agree 7 bumblebees is a little too much. Who wants some characters we haven't gotten yet? Give me the garbage truck in dark of the moon as a leader!!!!or a screen accurate dino!!!


Leader class Scorn or Slug. I'd poop the bed over those...



Saw a custom Leader Class Scorn on eBay today. Made from an AoE Leader Class Grimlock (suppose that makes that mold good for something). If a Hasbro one looks like this (but with the spikes the listing says is missing) and that nice metal paintwork I might be tempted. :)
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?siteid=0&pub=5574891718&campid=5336631220&customid=&toolid=10001&mkevt=1&mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fitm%2F232860695282%3Ful_noapp%3Dtrue%26
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973617)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 24th, 2018 @ 9:34am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
First-Aid wrote:
Tommy T. wrote:You know, I know bumblebee is there mascot but I agree 7 bumblebees is a little too much. Who wants some characters we haven't gotten yet? Give me the garbage truck in dark of the moon as a leader!!!!or a screen accurate dino!!!


Leader class Scorn or Slug. I'd poop the bed over those...



Saw a custom Leader Class Scorn on eBay today. Made from an AoE Leader Class Grimlock (suppose that makes that mold good for something). If a Hasbro one looks like this (but with the spikes the listing says is missing) and that nice metal paintwork I might be tempted. :)
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?siteid=0&pub=5574891718&campid=5336631220&customid=&toolid=10001&mkevt=1&mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fitm%2F232860695282%3Ful_noapp%3Dtrue%26
There's also a bunch of Legos in that custom, so a Hasbro-made one would have to be even more different.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973618)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 24th, 2018 @ 9:37am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
First-Aid wrote:
Tommy T. wrote:You know, I know bumblebee is there mascot but I agree 7 bumblebees is a little too much. Who wants some characters we haven't gotten yet? Give me the garbage truck in dark of the moon as a leader!!!!or a screen accurate dino!!!


Leader class Scorn or Slug. I'd poop the bed over those...



Saw a custom Leader Class Scorn on eBay today. Made from an AoE Leader Class Grimlock (suppose that makes that mold good for something). If a Hasbro one looks like this (but with the spikes the listing says is missing) and that nice metal paintwork I might be tempted. :)
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?siteid=0&pub=5574891718&campid=5336631220&customid=&toolid=10001&mkevt=1&mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fitm%2F232860695282%3Ful_noapp%3Dtrue%26
There's also a bunch of Legos in that custom (the whole tail, for instance), so a Hasbro-made one would have to be even more different.


Well yeah i wasn't saying it would look exactly like that but it gives enough of an idea how a Hasbro Leader Class Studio figure could look of Scorn that even I (who didn't really care for the Deluxe or Voyager Scorns) may be tempted to fork out for one if it had the size and paintjob to match Grimlock. :P
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973653)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 24th, 2018 @ 11:30am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:For UK collectors Kapow Toys has the gold VW Bee set for £59.99 pre-order. Which is more than i was hoping to pay for a Deluxe toy I really want stuck with G1 cassettes I don't want at all so am wondering how much thsoe tapes are worth to a G1 collector.

https://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/transformer ... ghway.html

They had a listing for the gold Camaro set but that seems to have disappeared and it was £64.99.



Another UK website has the gold VW set for pre-order also for £59.99
https://www.indemandtoys.co.uk/product/ ... p-highway/

They also had the gold camaro set for £69.99 but sold out and more annoyingly they also had Studio Ironhide for pre-order but sold that out already too before i found them. Still it seems a site worth bookmarking and checking back from time to time.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973662)
Posted by william-james88 on July 24th, 2018 @ 12:12pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:For UK collectors Kapow Toys has the gold VW Bee set for £59.99 pre-order. Which is more than i was hoping to pay for a Deluxe toy I really want stuck with G1 cassettes I don't want at all so am wondering how much thsoe tapes are worth to a G1 collector.

https://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/transformer ... ghway.html

They had a listing for the gold Camaro set but that seems to have disappeared and it was £64.99.



Another UK website has the gold VW set for pre-order also for £59.99
https://www.indemandtoys.co.uk/product/ ... p-highway/


Thats MSRP, so they are getting it directly from Hasbro, interesting.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973767)
Posted by Va'al on July 24th, 2018 @ 5:05pm CDT
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973796)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 24th, 2018 @ 6:47pm CDT
Yay for a Dino hopefully finally! and a new Jetfire and Sideswipe! I hope those are real.

What happened to Bonecrusher though? That is the guy I am dying for here!
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973826)
Posted by Prime Target on July 24th, 2018 @ 10:31pm CDT
Can we please have more releases after 25? For me this line has always been about getting new, good versions out of crappy toys from the past and they'res soooooooooooooooooo many more we still need.Right now they're really only at the
Tip of the iceberg.

Here's the Characters I think need Studio Series releases

Deluxe:

.Roadbuster
.Leadfoot
.Topspin
.Twin Twist (Topspin repaint based on his "Autobot Armor" Dark of the moon repaint)
.2007 Concept Camaro Bumblebee
.Cliffjumper (Repaint of the figure above both continuing the legacy and calling back to the 2008 Allspark Power Repaint)
. Revenge of the Fallen Bumblebee
. Dark of the Moon Bumblebee
. Crankcase (Crowbar repaint/Beserker head pretool)
. Hatchet
. Skids
. Mudflap
. Sideswipe
. Soundwave
. Barricade with Frenzy
. Bumblebee movie Barricade
. Dropkick (car)
. Shatter (car)
. Shatter (jet)
. Dino (Mirage)
. Que (Wheeljack)
. Sideways
. Jolt
. Arcee
. Chromia
. Elita-1




Voyager:

. Bonecrusher
. 2007 Megatron
. Dark of the Moon Megatron
. Demolisher
. Shockwave
. Galvatron
. Jetfire (A normal figure with the ability to Partsform into armor and weapons for Studio Series Optimus)
. Skywarp (Nitro Zeus repaint)
. Daytrader
. Onslaught
. The Fallen

Leader:

.Grindor (Light blue Blackout repaint)
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973830)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on July 24th, 2018 @ 10:39pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Yay for a Dino hopefully finally! and a new Jetfire and Sideswipe! I hope those are real.

What happened to Bonecrusher though? That is the guy I am dying for here!


Should still be there, in fact his product code (E3745) along with the new Optimus Prime's (E3747), fits like a charm among Leader Class Megatron's and Jetfire's
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973852)
Posted by RotorstormNZ on July 25th, 2018 @ 3:41am CDT
Prime Target wrote:Here's the Characters I think need Studio Series releases
<SNIP>
.2007 Concept Camaro Bumblebee
. Revenge of the Fallen Bumblebee
. Dark of the Moon Bumblebee

Please, no more Studio Series Bumblebees. Not for a while, anyway. Please.

For what it's worth, I'm on board with the idea of SS Devastator. Despite the "alien scrotum" I thought he was an amazing presence on screen and an incredible achievement in CGI. I loved the Legends figure but always wanted a decent one somewhat in-scale with the main toys. Devastator was a major reason why I went to see the movie twice in the cinema. I know it'll be expensive but, done to the same quality as the rest of the line, it'll be worth it and very well-received.

I wish I'd been at SDCC to ask John Warden and the team about when in the new movie we see the two different gold Bees and the four cassettes. I'm getting real tired of not-seen-on-screen characters/toys getting the SS treatment. I know I don't have to buy them but given the objective of the line it seems like a waste of time.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Figures and Scale Chart Images (1973854)
Posted by Deadput on July 25th, 2018 @ 3:48am CDT
RotorstormNZ wrote:
I wish I'd been at SDCC to ask John Warden and the team about when in the new movie we see the two different gold Bees and the four cassettes. I'm getting real tired of not-seen-on-screen characters/toys getting the SS treatment. I know I don't have to buy them but given the objective of the line it seems like a waste of time.


They might be numbered but their exclusives and are not taking actual places in the Studio Series line away from any other potential figure.

Unless you wanted actual characters like Barricade and Sideswipe to be exclusives.

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #66 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A) Senior (CA) Akin 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #1 Cvr E RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 MAR220470 1E Su"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #7 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 0224IM317 7E (CA) Clarke (W)Johnson"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #7 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1223IM855 (CA) Howard"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REVOLUTION TRANSFORMERS One-Shot LCSD IDW Comics 2016 (CA) Matere 230124"
REVOLUTION TRANSFO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #12 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 NOV210459 12B (CA) Murphy"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #1 Marvel Comics 1993 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915C"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #16 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 MAR220504 16A (CA) Lopez"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr H 1:100 foil Image Comics 2023 0823IM293 1H Bertram 231207A"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #8 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JUL210497 8B (CA) Gee"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ENERGON #20 Dreamwave Comics DW 2004 (W) Furman (A/CA) Guidi"
Transformers ENERG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #31 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/A) Budiansky (A) Perlin 231222I"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ESCALATION #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2007 3B (W) Furman (CA) Scherwinski"
Transformers ESCAL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS II #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 JUN221672 1RI"
Transformers SHATT ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON