This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th

Transformers News: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th

Tuesday, February 1st, 2022 2:46PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 47,193

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Here is what Hasbro posted on their Facebook page today:

RISE UP! And catch the Transformers team this Friday, February 4th, at 11:00am ET for their first FanFirstFriday stream of 2022 on the Hasbro Pulse YouTube channel. It's going to be full of franchise news, product reveals, and pre-order news. The Decepticons sure know how to lure ya in, so don't miss it!


While many fans were wondering if this would be our first look at the upcoming Rise of the Beasts toys, please remember that Hasbro has never had Cyberverse toys as part of their presentations, which is our closest comparison for a toy line. Also, the Bumblebee Movie toyline was revealed with as little fanfare as possible. Just things to keep in mind.

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126698)
Posted by TulioDude on February 1st, 2022 @ 3:37pm CST
Maybe more Decepticons for the Legacy line?

Or maybe it will finally reveal something planned for the Armada tenth anniversary! :michaelbay:
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126703)
Posted by LinaNui on February 1st, 2022 @ 3:59pm CST
I am looking forward to see a new selects figure. Then for them ramble for 40 mins about the 86 movie again because they won't let it die. Lastly to end with a recap of the shattered glass line.
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126706)
Posted by Overcracker on February 1st, 2022 @ 4:07pm CST
TulioDude wrote:Maybe more Decepticons for the Legacy line?

Or maybe it will finally reveal something planned for the Armada tenth anniversary! :michaelbay:



Surely you mean.... 20th!!!! anniversary. We got a single nod to R.I.D for its 20th, and we know we are getting an Armada Starscream in Voyager size class.

The only other thing that would make sense for the 20th, would be Prime, and we know we ain't getting that. Maybe another repaint of Siege Megs in Armada colors.
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126708)
Posted by Tuned Agent on February 1st, 2022 @ 4:21pm CST
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Tuned Agent wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:-Hasbro teases a very Con-heavy reveal event
-The leaked wave breakdown for Legacy Wave 2 is all Cons except for Elita-1
:-?
Who was leaked to be in wave two again? I forget the wave breakdowns.
Cores: Shockwave, G2 Megatron, Optimus repack, Iguanus repack
Deluxes: Elita-1, Tarantulas, Wildrider, Knockout
Voyagers: Jhiaxus, Soundwave (which Soundwave is still unclear)
Leader: Blitzwing

Thanks. I'm probably only interested in Tarantulas, but it'll be interesting to see how all these turn out (if this is what's getting revealed).
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126709)
Posted by o.supreme on February 1st, 2022 @ 4:23pm CST
I know some commentary was made regarding the last couple of TF FFF about how Hasbro has been transitioning towards more of an Entertainment company as opposed to just a toy company, and those comments are fair points. However there is new leadership now, and most of the non-toy items (mobile games, other miscellaneous items) have fallen flat. So hopefully this FFF will get back to basics and just focus on toys.

Also hopefully , they wont spend a lot of time retreading old news. We know Legacy Wave 1 and the first SS wave for 2022 are imminent, as well as that overly priced remote control Optimus Prime. No need to rehash old news.

We know Diaclone Bluestreak, BW Buzzsaw, BW Nightprowler, and BW Sandstorm already have leaked reviews. So as to whether these are Selects, or retailer exclusives, I imagine we will find out. Hopefully wave 2 of Legacy, and the next wave of SS overall will get reveals as well. That's probably too much to hope for, but considering, once upon a time, Toy Fair would show us 6 months (or roughly 2 waves) worth of product at least, I know it can be done.
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126710)
Posted by DeathReviews on February 1st, 2022 @ 4:28pm CST
I'd be interested in seeing Commander class Motormaster, and a hint at how big/sturdy the upcoming Mensasor combiner might be. I think most collectors agree that CW Menasor was a floppy disappointment.
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126713)
Posted by TulioDude on February 1st, 2022 @ 4:43pm CST
Overcracker wrote:
TulioDude wrote:Maybe more Decepticons for the Legacy line?

Or maybe it will finally reveal something planned for the Armada tenth anniversary! :michaelbay:



Surely you mean.... 20th!!!! anniversary. We got a single nod to R.I.D for its 20th, and we know we are getting an Armada Starscream in Voyager size class.


You're right,my bad.The hype is too big!

The only other thing that would make sense for the 20th, would be Prime, and we know we ain't getting that. Maybe another repaint of Siege Megs in Armada colors.

I wouldn't mind some of the Decepticons getting some love too,like Cyclonus or Demolisher.
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126714)
Posted by jtanimator on February 1st, 2022 @ 5:52pm CST
o.supreme wrote:I know some commentary was made regarding the last couple of TF FFF about how Hasbro has been transitioning towards more of an Entertainment company as opposed to just a toy company, and those comments are fair points. However there is new leadership now, and most of the non-toy items (mobile games, other miscellaneous items) have fallen flat. So hopefully this FFF will get back to basics and just focus on toys.

Also hopefully , they wont spend a lot of time retreading old news. We know Legacy Wave 1 and the first SS wave for 2022 are imminent, as well as that overly priced remote control Optimus Prime. No need to rehash old news.

We know Diaclone Bluestreak, BW Buzzsaw, BW Nightprowler, and BW Sandstorm already have leaked reviews. So as to whether these are Selects, or retailer exclusives, I imagine we will find out. Hopefully wave 2 of Legacy, and the next wave of SS overall will get reveals as well. That's probably too much to hope for, but considering, once upon a time, Toy Fair would show us 6 months (or roughly 2 waves) worth of product at least, I know it can be done.


I agree with just about all your points, and you share my hopes for this FFF. But knowing the entire last year’s worth of FFF’s, this one will likely rehash every single thing you just mentioned in hopes to pan out the time.
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126717)
Posted by MeGrimlock78 on February 1st, 2022 @ 6:56pm CST
I know I've said this before, but...Me Grimlock want to see Sludge.

Honestly, with all the talk of price increases (even the PotP increase stings for me, and that was years ago!) I've convinced myself that if it's not a Dinobot, I ain't getting it.
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126719)
Posted by o.supreme on February 1st, 2022 @ 7:21pm CST
There are several people like that. Some are still going for the whole line. But some are widdling their lists down, and specific characters to check off are becoming fewer and far between. One SS Leader Dinobot per year definitely takes patience. But it took 2 years to complete RotF Devastator, and I'm all in on MPG Raiden, so yeah, it's going to be a long haul for many of us.

Late 2020 SS86 Grimlock
Late 2021 SS86 Slag
*Assuming Late 2022 SS86 Sludge

*if"Hasbro makes Swoop a large Voyager we could conceivably get the last two Dinobots in 2023... only time will tell. By then Voyagers will probably cost almost $40 USD...the same as what a Leader cost during CW/TR...
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126723)
Posted by Lucky Logician on February 1st, 2022 @ 8:48pm CST
Overcracker wrote:The only other thing that would make sense for the 20th, would be Prime, and we know we ain't getting that. Maybe another repaint of Siege Megs in Armada colors.
What makes you say that we aren't getting a Prime? I vividly remember this bad boy previewed next to Star Convoy. They've obviously been waiting for the 20 year anniversary. Why else would they sit on it for THREE WHOLE YEARS!

There is surely still hope for this figure coming out, right guys? You're not telling me to give up on this seeing the light of day are you?

Image
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126725)
Posted by william-james88 on February 1st, 2022 @ 9:31pm CST
o.supreme wrote:There are several people like that. Some are still going for the whole line. But some are widdling their lists down, and specific characters to check off are becoming fewer and far between. One SS Leader Dinobot per year definitely takes patience. But it took 2 years to complete RotF Devastator, and I'm all in on MPG Raiden, so yeah, it's going to be a long haul for many of us.

Late 2020 SS86 Grimlock
Late 2021 SS86 Slag
*Assuming Late 2022 SS86 Sludge

*if"Hasbro makes Swoop a large Voyager we could conceivably get the last two Dinobots in 2023... only time will tell. By then Voyagers will probably cost almost $40 USD...the same as what a Leader cost during CW/TR...


If having Swoop be a leader means I need to wait an extra year, then so be it. I'm in no rush for mediocrity. I don't see how a voyager could work without some sacrifices few of us would stand for.
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126730)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on February 1st, 2022 @ 10:51pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
o.supreme wrote:There are several people like that. Some are still going for the whole line. But some are widdling their lists down, and specific characters to check off are becoming fewer and far between. One SS Leader Dinobot per year definitely takes patience. But it took 2 years to complete RotF Devastator, and I'm all in on MPG Raiden, so yeah, it's going to be a long haul for many of us.

Late 2020 SS86 Grimlock
Late 2021 SS86 Slag
*Assuming Late 2022 SS86 Sludge

*if"Hasbro makes Swoop a large Voyager we could conceivably get the last two Dinobots in 2023... only time will tell. By then Voyagers will probably cost almost $40 USD...the same as what a Leader cost during CW/TR...


If having Swoop be a leader means I need to wait an extra year, then so be it. I'm in no rush for mediocrity. I don't see how a voyager could work without some sacrifices few of us would stand for.


I agree… Although if he’s just slightly shorter than the rest, I could be okay with that.
But regular voyager height will be a ginormous letdown.
Before, I caved to others saying, “Look at character model charts”.
But at this point I don’t care about that; when I stand OP next the Grimlock & think, “Would it look weird if Swoop was only this tall?”.
Absolutely. It will really look like some crazy mistake.

Here’s why I have hope he’ll be leader class:
Even if he’s slightly shorter than the others, he could still be substantially larger than regular voyagers.
He shouldn’t require intricate engineering, even if they do a good job of articulation with his wings.
Just because he’s taller than a normal voyager doesn’t mean he has to be super bulky. Even with large wings & missiles… He shouldn’t use more plastic than the others.
Then stop & think that Hastak would sell this guy for $55+ per figure instead of $35+.
Imo making him a voyager seems like a loss for everyone.

What I’m hoping for in terms of the release:
Swoop is leader class for SS86 in early 2023.
Snarl is in the mainline mid to late 2023.
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126734)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 1st, 2022 @ 11:32pm CST
Lucky Logician wrote:
Overcracker wrote:The only other thing that would make sense for the 20th, would be Prime, and we know we ain't getting that. Maybe another repaint of Siege Megs in Armada colors.
What makes you say that we aren't getting a Prime? I vividly remember this bad boy previewed next to Star Convoy. They've obviously been waiting for the 20 year anniversary. Why else would they sit on it for THREE WHOLE YEARS!

There is surely still hope for this figure coming out, right guys? You're not telling me to give up on this seeing the light of day are you?
Takara hasn't put it out yet because they've opted not to. It's been put into developmental limbo indefinitely.
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126740)
Posted by william-james88 on February 2nd, 2022 @ 8:18am CST
TulioDude wrote:Maybe more Decepticons for the Legacy line?


Looking at past FFF, it will probably be wave 2 of Legacy which does have lots of Decepticons.

Also further proof that this won't be about the ROTB toyline as there are no Decepticons in that toyline. They may give us a first look at things though, like concept art, could be fun.
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126747)
Posted by o.supreme on February 2nd, 2022 @ 10:56am CST
william-james88 wrote:If having Swoop be a leader means I need to wait an extra year, then so be it. I'm in no rush for mediocrity.


This makes perfect sense. I really had no strong opinion one way or the other, I was just reiterating what I had heard from others. It seems just as many people feel as you do WJ, and that is cool. I've been watching a LOT of videos online. Long time Star Wars, Marvel Legends, TF fans etc... are more and more in it for the long waiting game, maybe only getting a couple of figures per year that are on their personal *want lists*, as opposed to whole waves or lines.

That isn't to say that some people wont be all in on Legacy, or SS but I've just been preparing myself to be more focused on my spending and to go perhaps many months between purchases. It seems others are as well.
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126761)
Posted by DeathReviews on February 2nd, 2022 @ 12:58pm CST
o.supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:If having Swoop be a leader means I need to wait an extra year, then so be it. I'm in no rush for mediocrity.


I hear that. I'll wait for quality work. Though, I can see a voyager Swoop being tolerable, because of the wingspan factor. Wingfinger was a Deluxe with almost no heft to him - a skinny little stringbean. But somehow, it looks bigger simply because the wings spread out so wide. If half of each of Swoop's wings wind up being just 3 inches, then each outspread wing would be six inches - making the wingspan at least a foot wide, not including any of the body parts between the wings. That would be a lot of shelf space, even for a voyager. Visually, that would make Swoop appear larger than Grimlock or Slag. Kind of like how Batman flares his cape to make himself seem more impressive than he actually is....
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126771)
Posted by bluecatcinema on February 2nd, 2022 @ 2:06pm CST
I hope we see more Legacy reveals. Like a Stunticon or two.
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126790)
Posted by TulioDude on February 2nd, 2022 @ 7:34pm CST
Overcracker wrote: We got a single nod to R.I.D for its 20th, and we know we are getting an Armada Starscream in Voyager size class.



Thinking about it,Scourge being a black truck in Rise of the Beasts counts as nod too,right?

william-james88 wrote:
Also further proof that this won't be about the ROTB toyline as there are no Decepticons in that toyline. They may give us a first look at things though, like concept art, could be fun.


To be fair,they kind set themselves up for movie related news expectations.The film is called Rise of the Beasts and the first words in the facebook post is "RISE UP!"
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126792)
Posted by william-james88 on February 2nd, 2022 @ 7:55pm CST
TulioDude wrote:
Overcracker wrote: We got a single nod to R.I.D for its 20th, and we know we are getting an Armada Starscream in Voyager size class.



Thinking about it,Scourge being a black truck in Rise of the Beasts counts as nod too,right?

william-james88 wrote:
Also further proof that this won't be about the ROTB toyline as there are no Decepticons in that toyline. They may give us a first look at things though, like concept art, could be fun.


To be fair,they kind set themselves up for movie related news expectations.The film is called Rise of the Beasts and the first words in the facebook post is "RISE UP!"


That's just an unlucky coincidence. Rise Up is the Decepticon version of Roll Out
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126799)
Posted by o.supreme on February 2nd, 2022 @ 10:25pm CST
william-james88 wrote:That's just an unlucky coincidence. Rise Up is the Decepticon version of Roll Out
Was it ever used outside of TFA?
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126800)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 2nd, 2022 @ 10:34pm CST
o.supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:That's just an unlucky coincidence. Rise Up is the Decepticon version of Roll Out
Was it ever used outside of TFA?
Yes. Off the top of my head, in two places. Once was in the season 2 finale of TF: Prime, the other was in the Grand Opening Ceremony of Transformers: The Ride at Universal Studio Hollywood. Both times spoken by Frank Welker as Prime and Movie Megatron, respectively.
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126817)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on February 3rd, 2022 @ 11:06am CST
I really hope we see Soundwave and confirm once and for all what mold and package we're getting.
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126820)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on February 3rd, 2022 @ 11:34am CST
DeathReviews wrote:
I hear that. I'll wait for quality work. Though, I can see a voyager Swoop being tolerable, because of the wingspan factor. Wingfinger was a Deluxe with almost no heft to him - a skinny little stringbean. But somehow, it looks bigger simply because the wings spread out so wide. If half of each of Swoop's wings wind up being just 3 inches, then each outspread wing would be six inches - making the wingspan at least a foot wide, not including any of the body parts between the wings. That would be a lot of shelf space, even for a voyager. Visually, that would make Swoop appear larger than Grimlock or Slag. Kind of like how Batman flares his cape to make himself seem more impressive than he actually is....


I see your point about wingspan possibly adding the overall appearance of bulk of a figure.
However, another reason I don't think Swoop should be a voyager is because if he's almost the exact height of say OP, then just to keep his proportions somewhat decent he'd have to be really pretty thin.
And while he may in fact have thinner limbs than the other 4, imo it never stood out that much.
Swoop never looked substantially smaller than the others in bot mode.
Being smaller both in height and overall bulk is going to look borderline horrible.
People who don't even care would notice and point it out.
Of course, being leader class means the dino mode is going to be too big in relation to the others' dino modes...
But between the two, the trend seems to be more focus on the bot mode than alt mode.

I do have a small fear that Hastak is going to bump him up to "leader class" by throwing-in a couple blast effects and a clear stand of some sort for his dino mode, while the figure itself is regular voyager scale.
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126821)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on February 3rd, 2022 @ 11:35am CST
AcademyofDrX wrote:I really hope we see Soundwave and confirm once and for all what mold and package we're getting.


Same. Very curious about this!!
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126897)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on February 4th, 2022 @ 11:18am CST
Wow, what a disappointing wet fart of a Fan First Friday that was. Of course, we all should have known better. They were never going to reveal something new, just catch up and officially reveal everything PvP already has shown us, aside from Sludge.
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126899)
Posted by sol magnus on February 4th, 2022 @ 11:22am CST
TF-fan kev777 wrote:Wow, what a disappointing wet fart of a Fan First Friday that was. Of course, we all should have known better. They were never going to reveal something new, just catch up and officially reveal everything PvP already has shown us, aside from Sludge.

I think that's kind of part of the problem, though. The expectation is poor because some guy gets through sometimes...less than upstanding means...stuff the company wants to reveal when it's time to reveal it.

I didn't have a whole lot of anticipation, but I'm not upset either because I know what's up. It's pointless blaming Hasbro for not revealing stuff fast enough, because they will never be fast enough.
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126902)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 4th, 2022 @ 11:31am CST
I really do wonder why this problem is almost exclusive to transformers? I have gotten much more into Marvel, Star Wars, and Ghostbusters lately, have a much heavier hand on the pulse of their toylines and such, and while those may get rumored character lists, they do not get even partial reveals until they do their reveals sessions such as FFF. It doesn't make sense why TFs are the only ones to have that happen, especially since TFs tend to be harder to sneak out I would think given the weird proportions.

As for the reveals, Sludge renewed my interest in the 86 dinobots. Slug was really lame and I was doubting them, but Sludge looked very nice and a far improvement over Slug. (pretty bad when Cyberverse dominates the SS86 toy in terms of everything). ironhide and Arcee looked really good and I am excited for them. Junkyard actually looked less impressive in stock photos? But I think I will still end up trying him out. Spike is crap and i will pass.

The rest we have already seen. Bummer that the 3 beasts are walmart exclusives, not looking forward to hoping I can get them from the limited pulse stock. But those 3 do look good. I am going to wait to see Scorponok and Knock Out in hand to decide. They look good, but RED Arcee is legitimately one of the worst toys I own and the reissue Primal was terrible quality too. I want to be excited, but both have a precedent that sucks a good bit.

Shame too that so many of these were spoiled for us, yet preorders won't be live for another month OR the figures have been on the shelves for a month or 2 already.

And while i like the idea of moving mostly away from clear plastic, the SS86 Buzzworthy guys are how not to do it, I really do not like the animation cell shaded blue windows, they look TERRIBLE. Poor Cliffjumper, i love his original toy, and this one is such a downgrade.
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126904)
Posted by william-james88 on February 4th, 2022 @ 11:31am CST
As many fans predicted, this Fan First Friday has as little new stuff as previous Fan First Fridays, with a big emphasis on toys we already knew were coming. BUT, it also had leader class Slidge from the Studio Series 86 line, and that was the main reveal on most fans' want lists so in the end, there was lots of fun to be had.

Below is a list and images of all the toys revealed. The screenshots were taken from the TFW2005 site.

Studio Series

Deluxe Bumblebee Movie Arcee
Deluxe Bumblebee Movie Ironhide
Voyager Junkyard
Leader Sludge
Core Exo Suit Spike Witwicky

Legacy (non mainline)

Deluxe Sandstorm
Deluxe Night Prowler
Deluxe Buzzsaw

Walmat Exclusives

Vintage Scorponok
Vintage Tigatron
RED Prime Knockout
RED G1 Ultra Magnus

Target Exclusives

Buzzworthy Bumblebee B-127
Buzzworthy Kup
Buzzworthy Cliffjumper

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126906)
Posted by william-james88 on February 4th, 2022 @ 11:36am CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I really do wonder why this problem is almost exclusive to transformers?


Easy, Transformers not having full distribution rights by Hasbro adds a whole other layer.
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126907)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on February 4th, 2022 @ 11:37am CST
Has this been the first officially revealed set of Buzzworthy Bee figures? I recall the very first wave just showed up in stores without any sort of reveal. I can't remember if there was even a half-assed facebook/instagram post on the second batch with origins bee or the worlds collide set.
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126908)
Posted by DeathReviews on February 4th, 2022 @ 11:39am CST
The only one I'm really 'hyped' for is leader Sludge. But alas, this one's not available on Pulse yet. And the way things have normally gone - by the time I get the alert, the pre orders will be sold out.

In any case, looking forward to that one. Glad to see they didn't toss in another unwanted 'mini' figure....
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126910)
Posted by Till-all-R1 on February 4th, 2022 @ 11:50am CST
Nothing I need or want, although that RED Knock Out figure reminds me of the Red Lantern character Razer.
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126913)
Posted by sol magnus on February 4th, 2022 @ 12:01pm CST
DeathReviews wrote:The only one I'm really 'hyped' for is leader Sludge. But alas, this one's not available on Pulse yet. And the way things have normally gone - by the time I get the alert, the pre orders will be sold out.

In any case, looking forward to that one. Glad to see they didn't toss in another unwanted 'mini' figure....

You may be right about the preorder, but he'll show up in stores. I'm sure you'll get one if you want it.
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126918)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 4th, 2022 @ 12:05pm CST
sol magnus wrote:
DeathReviews wrote:The only one I'm really 'hyped' for is leader Sludge. But alas, this one's not available on Pulse yet. And the way things have normally gone - by the time I get the alert, the pre orders will be sold out.

In any case, looking forward to that one. Glad to see they didn't toss in another unwanted 'mini' figure....

You may be right about the preorder, but he'll show up in stores. I'm sure you'll get one if you want it.

I have seen every leader from SS in stores, I'm confident Sludge will be readily available.

Funny thing is, I think the leader that was most scarce was Overload, and the one I have seen the most is either Slug or Scavenger. The Leaders are usually pretty easy to find eventually, Plus the way SS works with a 2 both wave to start the year and then either a single new leader or in the case of 2018 only those 2 leaders has ensured a good healthy supply
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126920)
Posted by Tuned Agent on February 4th, 2022 @ 12:06pm CST
sol magnus wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:Wow, what a disappointing wet fart of a Fan First Friday that was. Of course, we all should have known better. They were never going to reveal something new, just catch up and officially reveal everything PvP already has shown us, aside from Sludge.

I think that's kind of part of the problem, though. The expectation is poor because some guy gets through sometimes...less than upstanding means...stuff the company wants to reveal when it's time to reveal it.

I didn't have a whole lot of anticipation, but I'm not upset either because I know what's up. It's pointless blaming Hasbro for not revealing stuff fast enough, because they will never be fast enough.

It might be hard to keep up with leakers, but I think it's fair to criticize Hasbro when half of their reveals have already been found in stores.
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126923)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 4th, 2022 @ 12:08pm CST
Tuned Agent wrote:
sol magnus wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:Wow, what a disappointing wet fart of a Fan First Friday that was. Of course, we all should have known better. They were never going to reveal something new, just catch up and officially reveal everything PvP already has shown us, aside from Sludge.

I think that's kind of part of the problem, though. The expectation is poor because some guy gets through sometimes...less than upstanding means...stuff the company wants to reveal when it's time to reveal it.

I didn't have a whole lot of anticipation, but I'm not upset either because I know what's up. It's pointless blaming Hasbro for not revealing stuff fast enough, because they will never be fast enough.

It might be hard to keep up with leakers, but I think it's fair to criticize Hasbro when half of their reveals have already been found in stores.

Considering Knock out was in stores at Christmas time, I really am surprised they did a formal reveal for him and Magnus.

When they said 14, I thought it was going to be legacy and selects, instead of beast reissues, RED, and buzzworthy.
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126924)
Posted by sol magnus on February 4th, 2022 @ 12:09pm CST
Tuned Agent wrote:
sol magnus wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:Wow, what a disappointing wet fart of a Fan First Friday that was. Of course, we all should have known better. They were never going to reveal something new, just catch up and officially reveal everything PvP already has shown us, aside from Sludge.

I think that's kind of part of the problem, though. The expectation is poor because some guy gets through sometimes...less than upstanding means...stuff the company wants to reveal when it's time to reveal it.

I didn't have a whole lot of anticipation, but I'm not upset either because I know what's up. It's pointless blaming Hasbro for not revealing stuff fast enough, because they will never be fast enough.

It might be hard to keep up with leakers, but I think it's fair to criticize Hasbro when half of their reveals have already been found in stores.

I've found none of them. Not a one. And not because I just haven't found them, but because they aren't out here yet. You can say it's fair criticism perhaps because of where you live, but you can't say it everywhere. I stand by what I said: they will never be fast enough, no matter how fast they get - the leakers will leak before they get to it.

They alluded to this in the last couple of FFFs they did. I guess they just gave up, because no mention of 'we wanted to reveal this first' happened this time around IIRC.
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126925)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on February 4th, 2022 @ 12:17pm CST
-Hasbro teases a :CON:-heavy reveal
-Only one :CON: is in it and it doesn't even transform
:evil:

I'm sure Sludge and BB Ironhide look good for those interested. Interesting that they said that the Wheelie and Daniel Dinobot pack-ins were because there wasn't originally a plan for SS and/or SS86 having Core Class. Can't blame them for showing stuff that had been shown in leaks before....but:
Tuned Agent wrote:It might be hard to keep up with leakers, but I think it's fair to criticize Hasbro when half of their reveals have already been found in stores.
And Arcee was shown before in a DIFFERENT HASBRO STREAM on top of that. That's not even things making it through the supply chain early, that's just someone not paying attention to/caring about what was already revealed and out.

TF-fan kev777 wrote:Has this been the first officially revealed set of Buzzworthy Bee figures? I recall the very first wave just showed up in stores without any sort of reveal.
Yes.
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126927)
Posted by DeathReviews on February 4th, 2022 @ 12:27pm CST
It might be hard to keep up with leakers, but I think it's fair to criticize Hasbro when half of their reveals have already been found in stores.


Fair point. It's pointless to 'reveal' figures like vintage Tigatron & Scorponok, or Core Spike, when they're already on store shelves.

And you have to wonder - if this PvP fellow is getting figures through, shall we say, 'unofficial channels', you would think that Hasbro would be all over this guy. Either to find out how he's doing it and shut it down, or trace the leaked figures to the source. You have to figure that Hasbro should be hopping mad that someone is spoiling their reveals like this. Or maybe they're delighted by reason of the 'buzz'.

But it does make these reveal events somewhat disappointing when you've already seen like 90% of what was supposed to be a total surprise from start to finish.

The distribution for the SS leaders has been a mixed bag, to be sure. On the one hand, a Walmart near my realm had like 20 leader Grimlocks on the shelf for about seven months. On the other hand, leader Slug didn't turn up until Christmas, and promptly vanished. So I'll likely be keeping the HasbroPulse website bookmarked until Sludge is posted, keeping the metatarsals crossed, and hoping I can get ONE before they're all gone.
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126930)
Posted by Munkky on February 4th, 2022 @ 12:38pm CST
Nightprowler, Sandstorm and Buzzsaw beig part of Legacy instead of Selects is a nice surprise, all three are maybes for me. I probably will buy Nightprowler just because snow leopards are my favourite big cat, I kind of want Sandstorm and Buzzsaw too, but seeing as we're getting Tarantulas and Inferno there probably won't be enough room for them on my Predacon shelf.

The only other thing announced here I'm interested in is Sludge, he's pretty much exactly what I was hoping he'd be, just a decent cartoon-accurate Sludge that looks good next to the other two. I'm definite;y getting him, but I may hold off on a pre-order until after I've moved house next month.
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126931)
Posted by Overcracker on February 4th, 2022 @ 12:39pm CST
Me Sludge look awesome!

Outside of him the only thing I may pickup is SS Ironhide. Looks Pretty cool.
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126933)
Posted by o.supreme on February 4th, 2022 @ 12:42pm CST
Well, looks like SS finally got its chance to shine. I'm glad for fans of that line. The only Legacy were the ones that were already leaked, at least now I know they will be Walmart exclusives (basically 2022 version of the previous WFC Netflix line).

No Legacy wave 2 was a little disappointing, but at least it was more toy focused, and less on other merch, which is a step in the right direction.
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126934)
Posted by Tuned Agent on February 4th, 2022 @ 12:50pm CST
sol magnus wrote:
Tuned Agent wrote:
sol magnus wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:Wow, what a disappointing wet fart of a Fan First Friday that was. Of course, we all should have known better. They were never going to reveal something new, just catch up and officially reveal everything PvP already has shown us, aside from Sludge.

I think that's kind of part of the problem, though. The expectation is poor because some guy gets through sometimes...less than upstanding means...stuff the company wants to reveal when it's time to reveal it.

I didn't have a whole lot of anticipation, but I'm not upset either because I know what's up. It's pointless blaming Hasbro for not revealing stuff fast enough, because they will never be fast enough.

It might be hard to keep up with leakers, but I think it's fair to criticize Hasbro when half of their reveals have already been found in stores.

I've found none of them. Not a one. And not because I just haven't found them, but because they aren't out here yet. You can say it's fair criticism perhaps because of where you live, but you can't say it everywhere. I stand by what I said: they will never be fast enough, no matter how fast they get - the leakers will leak before they get to it.

They alluded to this in the last couple of FFFs they did. I guess they just gave up, because no mention of 'we wanted to reveal this first' happened this time around IIRC.

Perhaps I worded it poorly, but I wasn't just referring to what's on shelves in my area (I've only seen the BW reissues and RED figures myself). Studio Series waves consistently come in months late in my area, so I don't expect the reveals to correspond to when I find them. I'm talking about distribution generally. Spike has been popping up in stores all across the globe. The first news of the Buzzworthy Kup and Cliff came from them being found in stores in Asia, not from leakers. Those RED figures have been in stores for a couple months now. I agree that it's pointless for Hasbro to try to keep up with leaks, but word of a new sighting travels just as fast as a leak, and if Hasbro won't reveal their product before their official distributors are putting them on shelves, people are buying them and they're spreading news of legitimately obtained new figures, then there's nobody else to blame.
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126936)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on February 4th, 2022 @ 1:04pm CST
Nemesis Primal wrote:-Hasbro teases a :CON:-heavy reveal
-Only one :CON: is in it and it doesn't even transform
:evil:


That sounds about right for both Hasbro and Takara, to be fair... >:oP
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126940)
Posted by william-james88 on February 4th, 2022 @ 1:20pm CST
Nemesis Primal wrote:-Hasbro teases a :CON:-heavy reveal
-Only one :CON: is in it and it doesn't even transform
:evil:

I'm sure Sludge and BB Ironhide look good for those interested. Interesting that they said that the Wheelie and Daniel Dinobot pack-ins were because there wasn't originally a plan for SS and/or SS86 having Core Class. Can't blame them for showing stuff that had been shown in leaks before....but:
Tuned Agent wrote:It might be hard to keep up with leakers, but I think it's fair to criticize Hasbro when half of their reveals have already been found in stores.
And Arcee was shown before in a DIFFERENT HASBRO STREAM on top of that. That's not even things making it through the supply chain early, that's just someone not paying attention to/caring about what was already revealed and out.

TF-fan kev777 wrote:Has this been the first officially revealed set of Buzzworthy Bee figures? I recall the very first wave just showed up in stores without any sort of reveal.
Yes.


Yeah, them teasing cons (with megatron's face no less) and not delivering on that was plenty dumb.
As for the Arcee reveal it is new since we never saw the toy properly in both modes. And that event was more of a shadow event, not open to public. Kinda like NY to fair vs Nuremberg Toy fair.

Munkky wrote:Nightprowler, Sandstorm and Buzzsaw beig part of Legacy instead of Selects is a nice surprise, all three are maybes for me.


I get that they are released under the legacy line but are they mainline or online exclusives? Was that made clear in the video?
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126941)
Posted by sol magnus on February 4th, 2022 @ 1:24pm CST
william-james88 wrote:I get that they are released under the legacy line but are they mainline or online exclusives? Was that made clear in the video?

They're going to be Walmart exclusives. It is in the video.
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126947)
Posted by Hokutron on February 4th, 2022 @ 1:37pm CST
Huh so does Sludge not come with a funny little squatting man?
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126948)
Posted by o.supreme on February 4th, 2022 @ 1:41pm CST
Hokutron wrote:Huh so does Sludge not come with a funny little squatting man?


Nope, no partner for Sludge. I just posted a random theory in the SS86 thread that Swoop might include the practice Drone... because why not? I have no idea who they could use as a partner for Snarl.... He probably will not include a partner either, as he was barely in the film.
Re: Next Transformers Fans First Friday on February 4th (2126949)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 4th, 2022 @ 1:43pm CST
o.supreme wrote:
Hokutron wrote:Huh so does Sludge not come with a funny little squatting man?


Nope, no partner for Sludge. I just posted a random theory that Swoop might come with the practice Drone. I have no idea who they could use as a partner for Snarl.... He probably wont come with one either.

o.supreme wrote:He probably wont come

;)

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #89 var Marvel Comics 2022 DEC210938 (CA) Gleason 220718A"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #5 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 ptg 0923DC268 5A (CA) Kane (W) Finger"
BATMAN #5 Facsimil ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman BRAVE AND BOLD #1 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 0323DC023 1B (CA) Cheung"
Batman BRAVE AND B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #5 Cvr F 1:50 DC Comics 2023 0423DC047 5F (W) Williamson (CA) Cassaday"
SUPERMAN #5 Cvr F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NON-STOP SPIDER-MAN #2 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2021 DEC200555 (CA) Bachalo"
NON-STOP SPIDER-MA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #92 var Marvel Comics 2022 JAN220886 (CA) Pichelli (W) MacKay"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #181 Facsimile Edition Cvr B foil DC Comics 2023 ptg 0323DC161 181B"
BATMAN #181 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN 12 CENT ADVENTURE #1 DC Comics 2004 (CA) Pearson (W) Grayson 230915D"
BATMAN 12 CENT ADV ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #133 Cvr D 1:25 DC Comics 2023 JAN233267 133D (CA) Chew (W) Zdarsky"
BATMAN #133 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1 Superman DC Comics 2022 0722DC114 (CA)Shuster (W)Siegel 231222S"
ACTION COMICS #1 S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Spider-Man 2099 EXODUS #5 var connecting Marvel Comics 2022 APR220806 (CA) Lim"
Spider-Man 2099 EX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #140 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 0823DC210 Riddler Mortimer"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #74 var Marvel Comics 2021 JUL210540 (CA) Maleev"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #137 Cvr G 1:50 DC Comics 2023 0723DC022 137G (W) Zdarsky (CA) Quesada"
BATMAN #137 Cvr G ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force 1-Step Changer Soundwave" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Mirage Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON