Tuesday, October 16th, 2012 12:10am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 28,341

Takara Tomy official images round two, Encore 20A Devastator and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus! Devastator features a new more animation accurate head mold and deco. Check out the official images courtesy of Amazon Japan below:

Credit(s): Amazon Japan

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus (1430826)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 16th, 2012 @ 12:37am CDT
Needs more Master Sword pics.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus (1430834)
Posted by Autobot032 on October 16th, 2012 @ 12:56am CDT
Maximus looks really good. Devastator looks very ugly, very plain. I get what they were trying to do, but meh.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus (1430845)
Posted by RhA on October 16th, 2012 @ 1:44am CDT
I want- No, I NEED them all.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus (1430858)
Posted by Flux Convoy on October 16th, 2012 @ 2:52am CDT
As a kid I would have gone apeshit over that Devastator. Nearly thirty years later and I don't care any more, hahaha! Fun idea, it just isn't anything I'm after for G1 toys. They are kind of a different animal from the animation and even the old comics. I get it, it's just way too late.

Kinda surprised there are no images of the Master Sword. Really hope that it's included in the final release. Nice to see that Cerebros has his sword at least.
:BOT:
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus (1430860)
Posted by Ravage XK on October 16th, 2012 @ 3:10am CDT
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus (1430867)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 16th, 2012 @ 4:29am CDT
Ravage XK wrote:I don't like Devy, there I said it. It looks like a cheap knock off. Maximus is huge but boxy and seems to be a giant brick. I have been collecting G1 Encore and the collector in me wants it but I cant justify that price :( I think my money will be going on Masterpiece figures for the moment.

What IS a justifiable price for Fortmax anyway?

@ TomyTakara :michaelbay:

D@mn! They should have had released Devastar anime style like last year when they re-issued them! :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus (1430868)
Posted by Ravage XK on October 16th, 2012 @ 4:30am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:
What IS a justifiable price for Fortmax anyway?

This is a good question and one for minds larger than ours.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus (1430872)
Posted by NTESHFT on October 16th, 2012 @ 5:23am CDT
Justified price or not, I'm getting him! I tried to hunt him down as a kid. He was on my birthday and Christmas list forever, but no luck. Now, I got the chance.

Can anyone post some comparison pics of this devy next to the other Encore Devy? I'm having trouble seeing the difference.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus (1430874)
Posted by alldarker on October 16th, 2012 @ 5:39am CDT
Considering I already own a vintage G1 Devastator, I had no need for the previous Encore version. But this Encore 20A Devastator most definitely looks very nice and is a significant variation to my own Devastator... Annoyingly tempting, even though I'm already waiting on so much (expensive) Masterpiece goodness.

Encore FM was already preordered... But I do agree about needing more Master Sword pictures :-?
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus (1430876)
Posted by DMSL on October 16th, 2012 @ 5:45am CDT
Here's hoping Fort Max will have the detail painted on and not have stickers, hate those.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus (1430878)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 16th, 2012 @ 6:02am CDT
Ravage XK wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
What IS a justifiable price for Fortmax anyway?

This is a good question and one for minds larger than ours.

I'm not good at math economics but iirc on a somewhat related vintage product aka as the Atari 2600, the computation factoring inflation pegs the Atari 2600 at close to $ 700 at todays price when back in the 1970s cost like $ 300. So if Fortmax back in 1987 cost around $ 100, it's SRP at amiami is Y 23,000 +, more or less $300.00 at todays exchange rates(not including shipping so you also have to take into consideration the cost of fuel/packaging overseas from China to the USA or Europe).

Given that, so Fortmax more or less tripled in price from his 1987 cost (then again, $ 100 + bought a lot of stuff back in the late 80s no?). Compare that to the astronomical price you get at ebay, I'd say Fortmax is still a bargain. Charging him any less than $ 300 is simply unrealistic! >:oP
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus (1430881)
Posted by Ravage XK on October 16th, 2012 @ 6:08am CDT
Costing £299 (equiv of $481) in the UK at Kapow Toys.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus (1430884)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 16th, 2012 @ 6:23am CDT
Ravage XK wrote:Costing £299 (equiv of $481) in the UK at Kapow Toys.

Does that include shipping? If not, then that must be the mark up of the shop you mentioned.

Here is the price of the now sold out Fortmax (not including shipping) at amiami:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail ... agecnt%3D1

At todays exchange rates that should be more or less US 300.00 or at UK GBP of £185.

So Ravage XK, if the price you are quoting includes shipping, then that is more or less justified, if not, then you better look for another source (try hooking it up with another source)
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus (1430886)
Posted by Ravage XK on October 16th, 2012 @ 6:31am CDT
That is the total price as I believe shipping from the shop (UK based) is free. Plus you don't have to worry about Customs etc, so yeah I can see how it would cost that much.

I still think its a lot of cash when Metroplex and Omega Supreme cost me about £60 each.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus (1430889)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 16th, 2012 @ 6:41am CDT
Agreed with your feelings........too much of a wallet buster but given how he's 3 x bigger (more plastic) than Metroplex.

P.S. So Kapow also handles customs and handling? Then the price you are quoting is verrrrrry much justified.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus (1430890)
Posted by KNM2012 on October 16th, 2012 @ 6:54am CDT
At this point of time,I am curious to how the "Encore" packaging will look for Fortress Maximus. I have mine pre-ordered (sans the "early bird" option), and read on e-HOBBY's page that it might be a limited 25th anniversary release. Regardless of that, this was one of those pieces that I made a point of pre-ordering regardless of its price. 8)

As for Devastor, I have concluded that I am good only having "2010" Predaking when it comes to Destron combiners. And seeing this, it has added to that conclusion. :BOOM:

Ravage XK wrote:Maximus is huge but boxy and seems to be a giant brick. I have been collecting G1 Encore and the collector in me wants it but I cant justify that price :( I think my money will be going on Masterpiece figures for the moment.

Welcome to the world of 1987 Transformers! :lol: However, when it comes to pricing, here is what you need to know:

2) It is an anniversary piece, and e-HOBBY hints that it might have a limited run.
3) It is being imported from Japan, so you have to add import costs.

So all-in-all, the prices here are an estimated $80 more than the cheapest price overseas. But it is still cheaper than buying it from e-HOBBY. And unless you do not have the money, or are not into Headmasters, this might end up being the only time Takara Tomy will reissue Fortress Maximus.

Oh... And Hasbro made it clear that they cannot reissue him due to safety regulations. Which has me say that you should consider if it fits your collection or not, and not use the price to say "no" (as you may see it cost more when you change your mind). ;)
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus (1430894)
Posted by Ravage XK on October 16th, 2012 @ 7:07am CDT
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:1) It is 22", it has three forms, and is the first (of three) double Headmasters.
3) It is being imported from Japan, so you have to add import costs.

la la la la, Im not listening. Stop tempting me!! :)

I'm a sucker for limited runs etc.

No, its too much to pay for one figure and I need to pay for Masterpiece figures and holiday..........arrrrgghhhhh
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus (1430904)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 16th, 2012 @ 8:08am CDT
Choose your allegiance then! Fortmax or Masterpiece! :lol:
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus (1430908)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 16th, 2012 @ 8:40am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:Choose your allegiance then! Fortmax or Masterpiece! :lol:

Despite the price: Fortress Maximus! He's harder to get as it is.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator and Encore 23 Fortress Maximus (1430918)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 16th, 2012 @ 9:21am CDT
Plus the two Master swords adds the incentive! Right on JZGR! :grin:

(Unfortunately............I'm passing the bruiser up, 'cause already have the incomplete (non master sword wielding) USA vintage version :-( )

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #260 - Pulsecon 2020
"Pulsecon 2020"
Posted: Sunday, September 27th, 2020

Buy "2016 McDONALD'S HAPPY MEAL TOY TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE GRIMLOCK MASK! " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID: Landfill - Grimlock, Heavyload, Hightower, Wedge" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 One Browning Fist  ( Super God Masterforce)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot - Movie Line RID Prime Cybertron Fall Megatron Optimus Steeljaw" on EBAY
Buy "transformers dark of the moon -Deluxe Class Starscream" on EBAY