'Power Up Optimus Prime' Combined Leader Toys Image

Transformers News: 'Power Up Optimus Prime' Combined Leader Toys Image

Monday, April 20th, 2009 8:57PM CDT

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 39,804

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Seibertron.com member, astrobard, provides a look at the cross sell for a new Transformers ROTF toy package. From the package pic, we get a pretty good look at the combined form of leader class Optimus Prime, and leader class Jetfire called 'Power Up Optimus Prime'.

Long believed to be only a rumor, Jetfire and Optimus Prime combining has been proven in a a few different toy and merchandise pictures that we have seen.

The question now is what part will the combined Jetimus Prime play in the new movie? No movie still leaks of the two bots combined yet, so it looks like the plot point surrounding this dynamic duo working together is still locked up safe in the vault.

You can view two images of package cross sell below, and please feel free to discuss what you think about the toys, the combination or the movie.

Check out Seibertron's movie, and toy news for the latest on all things Revenge of the Fallen!

Re: ROTF OP and Jetfire combine pic

Re: ROTF OP and Jetfire combine pic
Credit(s): astrobard
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: 'Power Up Optimus Prime' Combined Leader Toys Image (912890)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 20th, 2009 @ 9:00pm CDT
:shock: Holy cow! That's awesome! And he's even got a BSG (big slaggin' gun) too!

Wait, I'm also looking closely at the names of Devy's components, and I can't tell if the backhoe says "Demolisher", "Scavenger", or whatever. If we can find out, we can probably get a confirmation on his identity.
Re: 'Power Up Optimus Prime' Combined Leader Toys Image (912892)
Posted by It Is Him on April 20th, 2009 @ 9:05pm CDT
Looks neat. Hopefully there will be some hi-res pics soon.
Re: 'Power Up Optimus Prime' Combined Leader Toys Image (912893)
Posted by beastwarsprime on April 20th, 2009 @ 9:08pm CDT
HOLY CRAP!! I thought that I could hardly wait for Prime himself, but now another combination!! I can not wait for what May 30th holds instore for us! :APPLAUSE: :grin:
Re: 'Power Up Optimus Prime' Combined Leader Toys Image (912896)
Posted by 1337W422102 on April 20th, 2009 @ 9:11pm CDT
Seriously? Shoulder pads and some kind of arm weapon? What a steaming pile of fail. Even that chibi-kiddiefied version looks better than that.
Re: 'Power Up Optimus Prime' Combined Leader Toys Image (912900)
Posted by Agent 007 on April 20th, 2009 @ 9:16pm CDT
he looks alright, I like the BFG I'm already buying both molds so this is a bonus for me! :)
Re: 'Power Up Optimus Prime' Combined Leader Toys Image (912903)
Posted by nemesis-prime on April 20th, 2009 @ 9:23pm CDT
both this look cool does anyone know if the deva vechiles transform into bots them selves?
Re: 'Power Up Optimus Prime' Combined Leader Toys Image (912905)
Posted by dillifer92 on April 20th, 2009 @ 9:30pm CDT
nemesis-prime wrote:both this look cool does anyone know if the deva vechiles transform into bots them selves?



They do not.
Re: 'Power Up Optimus Prime' Combined Leader Toys Image (912907)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on April 20th, 2009 @ 9:34pm CDT
Power up optimus prime.......thats the funniest thing ive ever heard. What a crappy name. Im going to buy Prime but not jetfire. Not only does the toy it self suck but that "power up" mode is retarded and looks like crap. Theres nothing to it. It just slaps on the back. Well thats $40 saved. And another what ever amount of cash saved on "devastator". Thanks hasbro. On another note has any one been able to make out the names of the dev. vehicles?
Re: 'Power Up Optimus Prime' Combined Leader Toys Image (912909)
Posted by Wheeljack144 on April 20th, 2009 @ 9:40pm CDT
The picture is WAYYYYYYYYYY too small to make an honest opinion. Ill wait for decent images, thank you very much.

Also, weve known the Devastator names for awhile. Demolisher, Rampage, Long Haul, Mixmaster, Hightower, Scrapper. We have box art declaring the wheel-bot Demolisher, the name has been flying around nonstop, and lets be honest, the SCVNGR on the model is probably just an homage. The same site that said its Scavenger said there was 7 components to Devastator instead of six. I think the tally is set.
Re: 'Power Up Optimus Prime' Combined Leader Toys Image (912911)
Posted by nemesis-prime on April 20th, 2009 @ 9:42pm CDT
dillifer92 wrote:
nemesis-prime wrote:both this look cool does anyone know if the deva vechiles transform into bots them selves?



They do not.


well that sux at least they form one bad ass robot...
i would aslo like to see bigger and high res pics
Re: 'Power Up Optimus Prime' Combined Leader Toys Image (912913)
Posted by Serpent O - R on April 20th, 2009 @ 9:49pm CDT
[sigh]

It's safe to assume that it would be transformed correctly in this image, right?

[sigh]

Let me be the first to say Pee-You to PU-OP, lol, it's a Poo Op... Autobots, transform and hit the john!

[sigh]
Re: 'Power Up Optimus Prime' Combined Leader Toys Image (912914)
Posted by Optillamanus on April 20th, 2009 @ 9:53pm CDT
Looks kinda half-assed to me...
Wheeljack144 wrote:The picture is WAYYYYYYYYYY too small to make an honest opinion. Ill wait for decent images, thank you very much.

Also, weve known the Devastator names for awhile. Demolisher, Rampage, Long Haul, Mixmaster, Hightower, Scrapper. We have box art declaring the wheel-bot Demolisher, the name has been flying around nonstop, and lets be honest, the SCVNGR on the model is probably just an homage. The same site that said its Scavenger said there was 7 components to Devastator instead of six. I think the tally is set.

A list of Decepticons on Rotten Tomatoes had Demolisher listed separately from the Constructicons.
Re: 'Power Up Optimus Prime' Combined Leader Toys Image (912918)
Posted by Serpent O - R on April 20th, 2009 @ 10:08pm CDT
Optillamanus wrote:Looks kinda half-assed to me...
Wheeljack144 wrote:The picture is WAYYYYYYYYYY too small to make an honest opinion. Ill wait for decent images, thank you very much.

Also, weve known the Devastator names for awhile. Demolisher, Rampage, Long Haul, Mixmaster, Hightower, Scrapper. We have box art declaring the wheel-bot Demolisher, the name has been flying around nonstop, and lets be honest, the SCVNGR on the model is probably just an homage. The same site that said its Scavenger said there was 7 components to Devastator instead of six. I think the tally is set.

A list of Decepticons on Rotten Tomatoes had Demolisher listed separately from the Constructicons.

Welcome to the party, pal!

We cry on the inside a lot here, sniffles...

[edit- Well, I cry on the inside a lot here... the others just rust from the inside out.]
Re: 'Power Up Optimus Prime' Combined Leader Toys Image (912920)
Posted by 1111111222233333 on April 20th, 2009 @ 10:30pm CDT
wow.

the combined form looks utterly retarded. so basically they 69 and gross out decepticons? haha sorry. but yeah also wouldnt that plane be ridiculously larger than a truck cab? don't even get me started on the complete blasphemy that is the toy versions of the constructicons/devastator. shame on ANYONE who pays for figures called transformers that dont...transform. Hasbro really expects us to buy versions of constructicons that don't combine, AS WELL AS a set of just their vehicle forms to make what doesn't even remotely compare to a real gestault? I'm getting real scared man. The 07 movie was amazing but it seems that this one will just be gimmicks to try and get us to by these half assed figures. If you love transformers...for the love of the cybertron...don't buy these! DONT!
Re: 'Power Up Optimus Prime' Combined Leader Toys Image (912928)
Posted by Firebird on April 20th, 2009 @ 10:53pm CDT
I'm sure it is mistransformed in 1 way or another...

I blame that awesome key chain silhouette for getting my hopes up.
Re: 'Power Up Optimus Prime' Combined Leader Toys Image (912931)
Posted by El Duque on April 20th, 2009 @ 11:05pm CDT
I was planning on getting both figures anyway, if they can combine it's just a bonus. I wait to see larger better quality pics before I form an opinion on the combined mode. There's a good chance it's misstransformed, Hasbro is notorius for that.
Re: 'Power Up Optimus Prime' Combined Leader Toys Image (912932)
Posted by typh0id on April 20th, 2009 @ 11:06pm CDT
Well despite everyone's mundanely predictable bitching, I don't think it looks all bad...Certainly better than previous pics where Prime was just wearing an SR71 on his back...

What exactly do you want it to look like? I'm assuming the whole purpose for them combining is for Prime to have the ability to fly so Jetfire just needs to be his jetpack...And as such, it looks fine to me...Could have been way worse...

The name IS pretty stupid though...I'll give you that...
Re: 'Power Up Optimus Prime' Combined Leader Toys Image (912935)
Posted by BATTLEMASTER IIC on April 20th, 2009 @ 11:14pm CDT
If the individual Constructicons can't transform into robots themselves, I'm not getting the Devastator set. Save my money for a G1 original instead.
Re: 'Power Up Optimus Prime' Combined Leader Toys Image (912937)
Posted by Optillamanus on April 20th, 2009 @ 11:15pm CDT
Serpent O - R wrote:
Optillamanus wrote:Looks kinda half-assed to me...
Wheeljack144 wrote:The picture is WAYYYYYYYYYY too small to make an honest opinion. Ill wait for decent images, thank you very much.

Also, weve known the Devastator names for awhile. Demolisher, Rampage, Long Haul, Mixmaster, Hightower, Scrapper. We have box art declaring the wheel-bot Demolisher, the name has been flying around nonstop, and lets be honest, the SCVNGR on the model is probably just an homage. The same site that said its Scavenger said there was 7 components to Devastator instead of six. I think the tally is set.

A list of Decepticons on Rotten Tomatoes had Demolisher listed separately from the Constructicons.

Welcome to the party, pal!

We cry on the inside a lot here, sniffles...

[edit- Well, I cry on the inside a lot here... the others just rust from the inside out.]

Many thanks. Is good to be here. :D
Re: 'Power Up Optimus Prime' Combined Leader Toys Image (912943)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on April 20th, 2009 @ 11:18pm CDT
Looks good! I was already planning to get them both, possibly 2 of each now

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Constructbots Bumblebee NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 3 days 3 hours 27 minutes
JETFIRE SDCC 2017 Revolutions TRANSFORMERS GI JOE IDW Loose ACTION Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 18 hours 30 minutes 50 seconds
Transformers Generations Deluxe Combiner Wars Dead End Action Figure Hasbro - Time Remaining: 4 days 20 hours 31 minutes 49 seconds
TRANSFORMERS BEAST HUNTERS OPTIMUS PRIME WITH DRAGON ASSAULT TRUCK MODE - NEW - Time Remaining: 2 days 16 hours 34 minutes 32 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS MEGATRON FIGURE - NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 4 days 18 hours 34 minutes 37 seconds
KAIYODO Revoltech Transformers Dark of the Moon Optimus Prime action figure - Time Remaining: 7 days 6 hours 36 minutes
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS DELUXE 30TH ANNIVERSARY WINDBLADE ACTION FIGURE - NEW! - Time Remaining: 7 days 10 hours 42 minutes 56 seconds
Titans Return Transformers Fortress Maximus Generations Action Figure 21" - Time Remaining: 5 days 17 hours 44 minutes 45 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017
Twincast / Podcast #186:
"NYCC 2017"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, October 16th, 2017
Website Security Test