Scanned Images of Hobby Japan - Transformers DMK Optimus Prime & Bumblebee

Transformers News: Scanned Images of Hobby Japan - Transformers DMK Optimus Prime & Bumblebee

Sunday, July 10th, 2011 11:31PM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 71,792

Seibertron member Heardless has sent us scanned images of the latest Hobby Japan Magazine, featuring the recently released Dual Model Kit Optimus Prime and Bumblebee.

The photos showcase the two kits in a diorama. Please note that the figures below are custom painted. If you wish to get your hand on these, you can always visit our sponsors such as BBTS.

Seibertron, Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Credit(s): Heardless
Re: Scanned Images of Hobby Japan - Transformers DMK Optimus Prime & Bumblebee (1256546)
Posted by Pontimax 01 on July 11th, 2011 @ 12:04am CDT

But I am in full agreement otherwise. Having already built my DMK Optimus Prime, I'd love to build more of these. I just can't get that jazzed up about Bumblebee though because he's just done to death and I don't feel he's worth the price. But an Ironhide, Megatron, Sideswipe, Sentinel, or even a Ratchet would be friggin sweet stuff. So come on Takara.
Re: Scanned Images of Hobby Japan - Transformers DMK Optimus Prime & Bumblebee (1256553)
Posted by El Duque on July 11th, 2011 @ 12:23am CDT
Optimus Prime really hates 3rd party products!

Re: Scanned Images of Hobby Japan - Transformers DMK Optimus Prime & Bumblebee (1256583)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on July 11th, 2011 @ 2:30am CDT
Pontimax 01 wrote:^ These are Takara products. Hasbro won't even give us this much, let alone more characters.

True. I get a feeling Hasbro's increasingly focusing its products towards kids, even more so than it used to.

In any case, I'd love to see a DMK Shockwave, since there's been no forthcoming news of a LC fig, and in all probability, he's likely to receive the Fallen's "secondary villain" treatment of getting only a voyager toy, and another repaint of the same class.

I've heard that he doesn't transform in the movie, which would make him perfect as a DMK candidate. I just hope he's popular enough for Takara to make a DMK of him.

A Megatron LC would be awesome, too, but a LC fig is still the way to go for him.
Re: Scanned Images of Hobby Japan - Transformers DMK Optimus Prime & Bumblebee (1256766)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on July 11th, 2011 @ 11:48am CDT
Guys... Forget Shockwave. Forget Megatron.

What we need is DMK Blackout (repaint of Grindor is a possibility) and Bonecrusher. Isn't it obvious?
Re: Scanned Images of Hobby Japan - Transformers DMK Optimus Prime & Bumblebee (1256806)
Posted by MrMunkeepants on July 11th, 2011 @ 12:49pm CDT
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:Guys... Forget Shockwave. Forget Megatron.

DMK Blackout? YES PLEASE!

does anyone else think Prime's upper half is too small compared to his legs?
Re: Scanned Images of Hobby Japan - Transformers DMK Optimus Prime & Bumblebee (1256923)
Posted by all_the_primes on July 11th, 2011 @ 3:17pm CDT
NEXT UP: Sentinel Prime VS Optimus Prime and Megatron! I wish.... :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BOOM:
Re: Scanned Images of Hobby Japan - Transformers DMK Optimus Prime & Bumblebee (1256939)
Posted by Pontimax 01 on July 11th, 2011 @ 3:36pm CDT
MrMunkeepants wrote:
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:Guys... Forget Shockwave. Forget Megatron.

does anyone else think Prime's upper half is too small compared to his legs?

I keep debating that myself. I honestly think he's about right, they may have tinkered with the proportions some to make him a touch more dynamic looking. I tend to think, at least for myself, that I'm just used to seeing the ROTF LC figure. In reality, the LC seems a bit too big in the chest area. I actually like both so much that it's hard to pick which look is more "right" to me.
Re: Scanned Images of Hobby Japan - Transformers DMK Optimus Prime & Bumblebee (1256965)
Posted by xxDUNE on July 11th, 2011 @ 4:22pm CDT
I'm really interested in getting these. I realize that the instructions are in Japanese so will I need to be able to read that or are there pictures for everything that are easy enough to follow?
Re: Scanned Images of Hobby Japan - Transformers DMK Optimus Prime & Bumblebee (1256991)
Posted by ButtZilla on July 11th, 2011 @ 4:58pm CDT
El Duque wrote:Optimus Prime really hates 3rd party products!

LOL!!! :lol:
Re: Scanned Images of Hobby Japan - Transformers DMK Optimus Prime & Bumblebee (1257073)
Posted by MrMunkeepants on July 11th, 2011 @ 7:04pm CDT
Pontimax 01 wrote:I honestly think he's about right, they may have tinkered with the proportions some to make him a touch more dynamic looking. I tend to think, at least for myself, that I'm just used to seeing the ROTF LC figure. In reality, the LC seems a bit too big in the chest area. I actually like both so much that it's hard to pick which look is more "right" to me.

yeah, ROTF Leader Prime is certainly too wide in the shoulders. I think overall, though, his upper body is closer in size to the CG renders (at least from the first two movies, maybe DOTM Prime's legs really are longer)

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #225 - The Overexposure of Bumblebee
"The Overexposure of Bumblebee"
Posted: Sunday, June 16th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Sideswipe action figure Deluxe NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Armada BTR Hot Shot with JOLT Mini Con MISB" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOTBOTS SERIES 1 SKILLZ PUNK A2" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOTBOTS SERIES 1 SIPPY SLURPS A2" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOTBOTS SERIES 1 LOLLY LICKS A2" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOTBOTS SERIES 1 KING TOOTS A2" on EBAY
Buy "TFC TOYS HERCULES DR. CRANK FIGURE COMPLETE 2ND RELEASE TRANSFORMERS DEVASTATOR" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BOTBOTS The Plop Father, Sugar Shocks Series 1" on EBAY