SDCC 2012 Hasbro Exclusives Purchase Limits

Transformers News: SDCC 2012 Hasbro Exclusives Purchase Limits

Thursday, July 12th, 2012 2:00AM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News, Event News, Game News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 40,677

Just in case you were wondering what the purchasing limits are for this year's SDCC 2012 exclusives are, Seibertron snagged a flier and sent in a quick image.

Transformers Prime: Rust in Peace Cliffjumper x 4
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Box Set x 2
G.I.Joe/Transformers Crossover Shockwave/H.I.S.S. Tank x 1

So what will this mean in terms of available stock on HasbroToyShop.com after the show? Probably plenty of Rust in Peace Cliffjumpers and just like last year not very many G.I.Joe/Transformers Crossover sets, with the Bruticus set falling somewhere in between.

Re: SDCC 2012 Hasbro Exclusives Purchase Limits (1399499)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on July 12th, 2012 @ 2:05am CDT
Thanks. Hmm, hopefully I can get my hands on that Derpy of theirs...
Re: SDCC 2012 Hasbro Exclusives Purchase Limits (1399547)
Posted by Cyberseven on July 12th, 2012 @ 6:12am CDT
Thanks for posting this. This makes me feel more hopeful I will score SDCC Bruticus.

I still wonder if HTS.com will have extra servers on line though when these exclusives go up for sale to try to prepare for the mass orders.
Re: SDCC 2012 Hasbro Exclusives Purchase Limits (1399582)
Posted by RiddlerJ on July 12th, 2012 @ 8:13am CDT
Transformers Collectors Club, look at this. This is how you do the exclusive sales.
Re: SDCC 2012 Hasbro Exclusives Purchase Limits (1399604)
Posted by rpetras on July 12th, 2012 @ 9:23am CDT
When do these normally show up on HTS?
Re: SDCC 2012 Hasbro Exclusives Purchase Limits (1399610)
Posted by Rated X on July 12th, 2012 @ 9:42am CDT
Re: SDCC 2012 Hasbro Exclusives Purchase Limits (1399652)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 12th, 2012 @ 11:26am CDT
Rated X wrote:Why not one of each per badge and screw the scalpers ??? WTF does someone need 4 cliffjumpers for ???

For people who can't attend. Of course, everyone who can will abuse it, but I still think people should be able to buy more than one so they can help out fellow collectors.
Re: SDCC 2012 Hasbro Exclusives Purchase Limits (1399656)
Posted by DevastaTTor on July 12th, 2012 @ 11:38am CDT
The line for Hasbro exclusives was massive this morning. Not sure if that equals bad news for anyone trying to pick things up on HTS.com.
Re: SDCC 2012 Hasbro Exclusives Purchase Limits (1399694)
Posted by Kibble on July 12th, 2012 @ 1:21pm CDT
Re: SDCC 2012 Hasbro Exclusives Purchase Limits (1399695)
Posted by craggy on July 12th, 2012 @ 1:22pm CDT
I'd really love to be able to get that Bruticus. But I'm half a world away without a badge or pass or what have you.
Re: SDCC 2012 Hasbro Exclusives Purchase Limits (1399702)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on July 12th, 2012 @ 1:34pm CDT
Kibble wrote:What's the deal with the MLP Derpy shit? I don't even know how many times I've seen it mentioned. I don't know anything about MLP other than they're little pony toys marketed toward little girls...what's so special about this one? Why does anyone care?

And Transformers are marketed to young boys... your point?

It's a background character with a unique... design. Cross-eyed, basically. And the fandom latched on and it took off.
Re: SDCC 2012 Hasbro Exclusives Purchase Limits (1399705)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 12th, 2012 @ 1:41pm CDT

She's special because she's based on an obvious animation error, which became an internet phenomenon. The rest is history.
Re: SDCC 2012 Hasbro Exclusives Purchase Limits (1399736)
Posted by Kibble on July 12th, 2012 @ 2:54pm CDT
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:And Transformers are marketed to young boys... your point?

My point was exactly what I said...that's all I know about MLP. Nothing to get defensive about. The reason I asked is I see multiple people flipping their shit over it and I assume they don't all collect MLP otherwise. Just trying to understand why people are so excited about some random pony toy. If I didn't collect TFs, I wouldn't be hell bent to get the Cliffjumper fig. Heck, I do collect and I'm still not planning to get him...
Re: SDCC 2012 Hasbro Exclusives Purchase Limits (1399747)
Posted by craggy on July 12th, 2012 @ 3:13pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

She's special.

:P

basically, Derpy Hooves (and when I first saw someone mention that name in context of SDCC exclusives, I though they were describing FOC Bruticus) is the MLP equivalent of getting a Roadblock GI Joe figure with "real body massage grip" or a Cyclonus & His Armada 2-pack.
Re: SDCC 2012 Hasbro Exclusives Purchase Limits (1399769)
Posted by rpetras on July 12th, 2012 @ 4:11pm CDT
Man, the more I look at it the less I want the Bruticus.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Takara United Darkside Optimus Prime & Megatron 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 3 days 12 hours 57 minutes 4 seconds
Transformers Titans Return Leader Soundwave with Soundblaster NEW UNOPENED - Time Remaining: 8 days 5 hours 9 minutes 17 seconds
Hasbro-Playskool-Heroes-New-Transformers-Rescue-Bots-Energize-Bumblebee-Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 11 hours 14 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers 3 Dark of The Moon Voyager Exclusive Action Figure Optimus Prime NE - Time Remaining: 3 days 16 hours 15 minutes 32 seconds
HAS22156: Hasbro Transformers Subscription Figure 1.0 - Circuit - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 17 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Reveal the Shield LOT Prime Megatron Starscream Bumblebee More - Time Remaining: 3 days 17 hours 17 minutes 50 seconds
Transformers Titans Return Voyager Megatron and Doomshot Decepticon NEW UNOPENED - Time Remaining: 8 days 7 hours 19 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Age of Extinction Scorn NIB - Time Remaining: 29 days 18 hours 20 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #175 - Bayhem