SDCC 2014 Coverage - Official Hasbro Product Images: Robots in Disguise

Transformers News: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Official Hasbro Product Images: Robots in Disguise

Thursday, July 24th, 2014 6:29PM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News, Event News, Company News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 78,250

And to go along with that batch of Generations images, here are some official stock photos for the upcoming Robots in Disguise animated series! The batch includes Legion Optimus Prime and Strongarm (new Autobot character), Hyper Change Bumblebee, One-Step Underbite (new Decepticon character) and Sideswipe, and Warrior (Deluxe size) Bumblebee - who is, we remind you, the main star of the show. Check them all out below!

Credit(s): Hasbro

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Official Hasbro Product Images: Robots in Disguise (1593339)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:33pm CDT
I love these even more now :D Next year will be a busy year for me. I'm personally not bothered by any member changes as I plan my collection around what looks visually appealing to me...Plus I freaking love gesalts of all kinds.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Official Hasbro Product Images: Robots in Disguise (1593341)
Posted by STngAR on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:36pm CDT
I'm like the look of that deluxe bee. Not bad, not bad at all.

:MAXIMAL:
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Official Hasbro Product Images: Robots in Disguise (1593344)
Posted by jgilkinson on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:41pm CDT
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Official Hasbro Product Images: Robots in Disguise (1593345)
Posted by Mkall on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:42pm CDT
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Official Hasbro Product Images: Robots in Disguise (1593346)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:42pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
durroth wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:I hoped someone at least mentioned Masterpiece Star Saber... I'd like to own him when he's released, but without paying import prices.

If Prowl is any indication, you should pay import prices ;)

What's wrong with the domestic prowl release? I thought there were no major changes between them reported so far. Has something come up?
Hasbro's MP Prowl costs more than Takara's MP Prowl, even when import prices are factored into the cost.

Really? I thought it was $60 and change. I paid $80+ from BBTS for the Amazon exclusive with one launcher and the coin.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Official Hasbro Product Images: Robots in Disguise (1593347)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:44pm CDT
Mkall wrote:Interesting... it looks like the combiner's hands and feet are the same part that can transform. I love Superion, and I'm seriously debating whether or not to get the Stunticons to display separately.

Honestly, I'm just glad they aren't trying to force the integration of the appendages into the figures themselves. They tried that with Fall of Cybetron Bruticus, and we all know how well that turned out.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Official Hasbro Product Images: Robots in Disguise (1593348)
Posted by sabrigami on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:44pm CDT
I am liking the direction of the new deluxe. The style and details Hasbro is pulling off are really something. I know it comes at the cost of more simple transformations. But I am more than willing to pay that price if the figures are look more complete and like actual action figures like they do here. It will be an exciting year in 2015 indeed :)
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Official Hasbro Product Images: Robots in Disguise (1593349)
Posted by STngAR on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:45pm CDT
A little to early to judge the new cartoon but As of righ now I'm not too impressed

:MAXIMAL:
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Official Hasbro Product Images: Robots in Disguise (1593350)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:45pm CDT
Hmmmm. Alpha Bravo doesn't look anything like Universe Ro-tor.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Official Hasbro Product Images: Robots in Disguise (1593351)
Posted by mooncake623 on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:46pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
durroth wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

If Prowl is any indication, you should pay import prices ;)

I paid around 50ish shipped from Japan for the cars
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Official Hasbro Product Images: Robots in Disguise (1593352)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:47pm CDT

OR are we going to see updates to Prime's drones from TF: Energon?
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Official Hasbro Product Images: Robots in Disguise (1593353)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:50pm CDT
Nemesis Maximo wrote:Motormaster looks WAY better in that mold than Optimus does. Though I wonder, if Optimus is using a Combiner Torso mold, will he be able to combine with the Arialbots? Will the Limb-bots be modular "Scramble City" style?

OR are we going to see updates to Prime's drones from TF: Energon?

Here's art that was used at the panel briefing today. You be the judge. ;)

Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Official Hasbro Product Images: Robots in Disguise (1593354)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:52pm CDT

OR are we going to see updates to Prime's drones from TF: Energon?

Yup, they're scramble city style ;) feel free to put prime with the stunticons :lol:
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Official Hasbro Product Images: Robots in Disguise (1593355)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:54pm CDT
jgilkinson wrote:That Superion is everything I have ever wanted in a combiner. But why did they miss form him by leaving Airraid out?
What do you mean? He's right there:

chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
durroth wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

If Prowl is any indication, you should pay import prices ;)

You have to know where to look. Some folks managed to get theirs between $45-$60 total. Hasbro's MP Prowl is gonna have a $70 base price, which TRU will undoubted up the price even further.

OptimalOptimus2 wrote:I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. Warrior Class Bumblebee is awesome. I'm love struck with Underbite's mold and colors. The Aerialbots Silverbolt, Air Raid, Skydive, Alpha Bravo, and Firefly? Firefly sounds like a big trademark fight that Hasbro won.
Hmmmm. Alpha Bravo doesn't look anything like Universe Ro-tor.
He' more like Vortex wearing Slingshot's colors.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Official Hasbro Product Images: Robots in Disguise (1593356)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:55pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

OR are we going to see updates to Prime's drones from TF: Energon?

Here's art that was used at the panel briefing today. You be the judge. ;)

Ah, I just hadn't fished around to,see all of the images. There's just so many!

But, it looks like those are in fact the Arialbots, and they do appear to work as in the days of old.

I am one happy fan.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Official Hasbro Product Images: Robots in Disguise (1593360)
Posted by Peridot on July 24th, 2014 @ 7:01pm CDT
Holy crap, a Fembot that isn't an Arcee copy!
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Official Hasbro Product Images: Robots in Disguise (1593361)
Posted by Diem on July 24th, 2014 @ 7:02pm CDT
Sometimes there isn't enough WANT in the world.

Yeah, changing Slingshot to a copter is a tough choice but I suspect this might be a marketing choice (mums not wanting to buy a toy plane for their kids when "you already have enough planes"). From the Geewun perspective it's a whiff but from the objective perspective of having a slightly less homogenous looking set of figures on shelves it's smart, and there's already more than enough homage in these sets to go around. The other four Aerialbots look mouth-wateringly good AND homage-y.

The same for Wildrider. I am reaaaaaaaally hoping for a Technobot set.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Official Hasbro Product Images: Robots in Disguise (1593362)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 24th, 2014 @ 7:04pm CDT
Diem wrote:The same for Wildrider. I am reaaaaaaaally hoping for a Technobot set.

You're wanting a Technobot set, I'm wanting a Combaticon set, everybody's wanting a Constructicon set...

Good God, Hasbro really knows how to brutally murder wallets when push comes to shove, can they? :BOOM:
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Official Hasbro Product Images: Robots in Disguise (1593364)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 24th, 2014 @ 7:11pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

Ya know I really didn't even think about Wildrider, I think Hasbro has found a new way to work mold sharing in. Brilliant!
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Official Hasbro Product Images: Robots in Disguise (1593365)
Posted by hehe on July 24th, 2014 @ 7:13pm CDT
Come on Hasbro. F U, lets us watch this one minute promo.

Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #216 - Prime Galaxy
"Prime Galaxy"
Posted: Sunday, January 27th, 2019

Buy "New Transformers Construct Bots IRONHIDE Scout Class E1:01 45 Pieces Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct-Bots Scout Class Dead End Buildable Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Elite Class Optimus Prime COMPLETE with manual!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction Takara AD04 High Octane Bumblebee" on EBAY