Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #2 iTunes Preview

Tuesday, December 15th, 2015 3:42AM CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 21,549

Fellow Seibertronian Decepticon Sunstorm helps me do my job by pointing us in the direction of iTunes, and their new small preview of the upcoming second issue of Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers - which you can check out below, all three pages of it, including a brief synopsis!

FROSTY RECEPTION! THE WRECKERS journey to Nome, Alaska to track down the number one suspect in PROWL’s disappearance—their former human ally, VERITY CARLO!

Transformers News: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #2 iTunes Preview

Credit(s): iTunes
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #2 iTunes Preview (1748097)
Posted by Randomhero on December 15th, 2015 @ 7:28am CST
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #2 iTunes Preview (1748114)
Posted by Optimizzy on December 15th, 2015 @ 8:32am CST
man....this art is...wow. love it
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #2 iTunes Preview (1748115)
Posted by Optimizzy on December 15th, 2015 @ 8:34am CST
Randomhero wrote:Wow never thought I'd see an IDW version of Tarantulus but I'm stoked now! This series just got a lot better!

Honestly, my first thought was Airachnid. Especially how they are incorporating so much Aligned now.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #2 iTunes Preview (1748120)
Posted by ScottyP on December 15th, 2015 @ 8:49am CST
A google search for "Mesothulas" led to the Wikipedia article for "Mesothelae" which is a suborder of order Araneae, the largest order of Arachnids.

So yes, Tarantulas it is then, until it isn't. I look forward to it.

Also, that image of Springer is haunting.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #2 iTunes Preview (1748126)
Posted by Randomhero on December 15th, 2015 @ 9:00am CST
Optimizzy wrote:

I wouldn't think Arachnid because well, girl and girls other than Arcee are new to cybertronians. Prowl wouldn't have history with one because they didn't know they ever naturally existed and if you're gonna do a 'male' version of Arachnid why bother when the male version when you have Tarantulus.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #2 iTunes Preview (1748129)
Posted by Optimizzy on December 15th, 2015 @ 9:15am CST
Randomhero wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:

Oh you're right. . Perhaps something changed him and he's Tarantulus now. Pretty cool. Yeah, I'd be stoked to see him in IDW.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #2 iTunes Preview (1748134)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on December 15th, 2015 @ 9:34am CST
You know the best thing about if it IS Tarantulus?

New toy, Baby!
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #2 iTunes Preview (1748135)
Posted by Randomhero on December 15th, 2015 @ 9:56am CST
Nemesis Maximo wrote:You know the best thing about if it IS Tarantulus?

New toy, Baby!

The laugh is the give away. I don't think he's the true mastermind though, just part of it.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #2 iTunes Preview (1748150)
Posted by Autobot N on December 15th, 2015 @ 11:40am CST
Nemesis Maximo wrote:You know the best thing about if it IS Tarantulus?

New toy, Baby!

There is this one...
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #2 iTunes Preview (1748154)
Posted by Optimizzy on December 15th, 2015 @ 12:04pm CST
Decepticon Sunstorm wrote:
Nemesis Maximo wrote:You know the best thing about if it IS Tarantulus?

New toy, Baby!

There is this one...

Yeah but no.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #2 iTunes Preview (1748162)
Posted by Deadput on December 15th, 2015 @ 1:12pm CST
Optimizzy wrote:
Yeah but no.

You think the guy warrants a new toy?

Why do you think the club is making him and not Hasbro?
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #2 iTunes Preview (1748164)
Posted by Optimizzy on December 15th, 2015 @ 1:15pm CST
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:
Yeah but no.

You think the guy warrants a new toy?

Why do you think the club is making him and not Hasbro?

No I just mean I don't think the botcon exclusive is good enough.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #2 iTunes Preview (1748179)
Posted by Randomhero on December 15th, 2015 @ 2:11pm CST
Optimizzy wrote:
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:
Yeah but no.

You think the guy warrants a new toy?

Why do you think the club is making him and not Hasbro?

No I just mean I don't think the botcon exclusive is good enough.

The original Transmetal one still is the best. Only thing it's missing is wrists. Almost everything Transmetal and after holds up.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #2 iTunes Preview (1748184)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 15th, 2015 @ 3:26pm CST
Looking forward to the read. At least we are now getting into the badguys. And ole Tarantulas showing up here? Interesting theory.... :BOT:
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #2 iTunes Preview (1748190)
Posted by Randomhero on December 15th, 2015 @ 3:44pm CST
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #2 iTunes Preview (1748195)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 15th, 2015 @ 4:03pm CST
Randomhero wrote:I'm still conflicted with Springer's coma and recovery. He had his face ripped off and went into a coma for over 4 years and yet we've seen Rung, Wheeljack, Soundwave, and the Constructicons have their head blown up and recover just fine. Rung I'm willing to let slide because he's something special and we know there's something about him we don't know but Wheeljack and Soundwave had there's heads shot off. Springer? Face torn off and coma. It's odd. But so is his recovery. Kup just told him to get up. I wasn't very convinced by the end of the issue. My first reaction was "that's not Springer". Apparently it is but we now know from this preview he is not okay at all. I hope to see more to this and I'm sure we will.

This is kind of confusing to me too. Unless he did have more damage done than we knew about, He should not have taken this long. Or maybe the Wreckers did not have the same quality equipment Wheeljack, soundwave and Rung had. Especially since it was the face and not the whole head as you said. I liked how Springer was jolted up by Kup calling out for him to come, and it was dramatic, not necessarily sensible. But I think that image of Springer all beat to crap was from Kups point of view (seeing as how he is holding his head in the next frame), but him still not being up to par is definitely something to note as this goes on :BOT:
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #2 iTunes Preview (1748198)
Posted by Optimizzy on December 15th, 2015 @ 4:11pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

I kind of think it was just a missed opportunity to use Springer. But even in real life damage to one system can be different for each individual. I know someone who got a bullet to the head and not only survived but stayed conscience and drove to the hospital, whereas most of the time because of severe damage and even death. Maybe Springer got really messed up
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #2 iTunes Preview (1748199)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 15th, 2015 @ 4:17pm CST
Optimizzy wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

This is true, especially since he was knocked unconscious earlier in LTotW and then experimented upon, so maybe that injury was a bad thing on top of other bad things :BOT:
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #2 iTunes Preview (1748246)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on December 15th, 2015 @ 11:46pm CST
Here's my theory on Springer's sudden recovery: as we know, Kup is the one who "ordered" him to snsp out of it. We also know that WAAAAAAY back, circa AHM, Prowl had Kup programmed with a new subroutine that can kill zombies, open portals to the Dead Universe or some such nonsense, and which gives Kup security access into Prowl's private quarters and files, judging by last issue. What's to say that's not also something to do with Springer waking?
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #2 iTunes Preview (1748288)
Posted by Starscream on December 16th, 2015 @ 9:29am CST
Tarantulas, Hubcap, and some newbie will be working together to release the Aquetias trials... and potentially WORSE stuff Prowl has done that we don't even know about.

What if he is responsible for things like MTOs?

Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #224 - TCG Siege Strategy
"TCG Siege Strategy"
Posted: Thursday, May 30th, 2019

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG06 Gelshark Painted JP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Class Sky-byte (Sky Bite) Comp" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation 1 Ravage And Rumble Cassette Two Pack KO" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Sky-Byte Shark Great Colors/Condition Incomplete see listing Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee VW Beetle with Charlie Figure 1:24 Scale Jada 30114" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Laserbeak" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Cyberverse Shadow Striker Action Figure Stealth Sniper Shot NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Movie Energon Igniters Optimus Prime Action Figure Toy" on EBAY