Transformers G1 Soundwave WalMart Reissue Found in Canada

Transformers News: Transformers G1 Soundwave WalMart Reissue Found in Canada

Sunday, July 14th, 2019 4:03am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings, Collectables
Posted by: Stargrave   Views: 35,387

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

As reported all the way back in January here we've been eagerly awaiting the new Wal-Mart re-release of Transformers G1 Soundwave with Buzzsaw. Well thanks to a head's up from fellow Seibertronian Nathaniel Prime we have word that member DesertDog at TFW2005 has visual proof of his arrival! At least in Canada, which should give us at least a rough indication of when we'll be receiving it elsewhere around the globe.

That's right this G1 fan favorite, the Sonic Iconic, the Chest that beats the Rest has officially kicked off his 97th retirement tour. Let's rest assured it won't be his last.

Will you be picking him up this time around? Share your thoughts with the Seibertron crew in the forums and stay tuned for the latest and greatest in Transformers news!
Transformers News: Transformers G1 Soundwave WalMart Reissue Found in Canada

Transformers News: Transformers G1 Soundwave WalMart Reissue Found in Canada

Credit(s): DesertDog at TFW2005


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers G1 Soundwave WalMart Reissue Found in Canada (2028763)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 14th, 2019 @ 4:15am CDT
70$CAN for Soundwave PLUS Buzzsaw. Contrary to the similarly priced Optimus Prime, THAT is a relatively fair price. Let's hope there's plenty to go around and there will be a sale down the line. Because I already have a reissue, that's the only way I'll ever double-dip.

If the number of units produced are as limited as Starscream's, Soundwave will sold out fast even at full price. Especially because he's COMPLETE with a minion, unlike the trailer-less Optimus Prime.
Re: Transformers G1 Soundwave WalMart Reissue Found in Canada (2028764)
Posted by Regimus Prime on July 14th, 2019 @ 4:19am CDT
Hmm, nostalgia and if I happen to be perusing through the Walmart toy aisle with a bunch of disposable income that day might make me do it. But if all 3 of those factors aren’t lined up that day it’s a pass. I’ve still got my ‘84-‘85 MISB Soundwave and Buzzsaw and the last Walmart Exclusive (at the time) reissue so... :BOT:
Re: Transformers G1 Soundwave WalMart Reissue Found in Canada (2028765)
Posted by Regimus Prime on July 14th, 2019 @ 4:23am CDT
Regimus Prime wrote:Hmm, nostalgia and if I happen to be perusing through the Walmart toy aisle with a bunch of disposable income that day might make me do it. But if all 3 of those factors aren’t lined up that day it’s a pass. I’ve still got my ‘84-‘85 MISB Soundwave and Buzzsaw and the last Walmart Exclusive (at the time) reissue so... :BOT:


I meant TRU reissue.
Re: Transformers G1 Soundwave WalMart Reissue Found in Canada (2028766)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 14th, 2019 @ 4:28am CDT
Regimus Prime wrote:Hmm, nostalgia and if I happen to be perusing through the Walmart toy aisle with a bunch of disposable income that day might make me do it. But if all 3 of those factors aren’t lined up that day it’s a pass. I’ve still got my ‘84-‘85 MISB Soundwave and Buzzsaw and the last Walmart Exclusive (at the time) reissue so... :BOT:


Key word: MISB.
If you're a boxed guy, just get the Walmart reissue to open and play with. Sure, G1 box and all, but the last one have the "book style" box if I remember? Plus it have the big double-tape chest. This here G1 reissue will have the normal chest. Plus the minions will also come.

Having one sealed of a different edition and one open to play with of the current one is a nice way to collect. At least you'll be enjoying the mold. That's still double-dipping and you could just open the one you currently have and skip this one too. Keeping your old G1 reissue sealed now make no sense as the new one is coming out after all.
Re: Transformers G1 Soundwave WalMart Reissue Found in Canada (2028769)
Posted by Cybertronian Pepega on July 14th, 2019 @ 5:24am CDT
Does anyone have any tips on where I could find a Soundwave reissue online? I'm in Australia so walmart isn't an option for me.

My best guess would be ebay, but have any online retailers had the previous G1 reissues in stock? maybe they could possibly be getting some Soundwaves in?
Re: Transformers G1 Soundwave WalMart Reissue Found in Canada (2028782)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 14th, 2019 @ 9:57am CDT
Cybertronian Pepega wrote:Does anyone have any tips on where I could find a Soundwave reissue online? I'm in Australia so walmart isn't an option for me.

My best guess would be ebay, but have any online retailers had the previous G1 reissues in stock? maybe they could possibly be getting some Soundwaves in?


First, Welcome!
Second, just be patient. All exclusives will come worldwide sooner or later, in one store or another.
Re: Transformers G1 Soundwave WalMart Reissue Found in Canada (2028784)
Posted by nycPrime on July 14th, 2019 @ 10:21am CDT
Online price for OP finally dropped to $35. Have a feeling it'll go lower but bit the bullet. Always wanted this as a kid.
Re: Transformers G1 Soundwave WalMart Reissue Found in Canada (2028785)
Posted by william-james88 on July 14th, 2019 @ 10:37am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:70$CAN for Soundwave PLUS Buzzsaw. Contrary to the similarly priced Optimus Prime, THAT is a relatively fair price.


I dont see how thats a fair price. The rerelease of Starscream was 50$ and both bots are around the same size so I dont see how 1 casette minion can be an additional 20$. This feels super overpriced to me. I really expected him to be 50$
Re: Transformers G1 Soundwave WalMart Reissue Found in Canada (2028786)
Posted by william-james88 on July 14th, 2019 @ 10:37am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:70$CAN for Soundwave PLUS Buzzsaw. Contrary to the similarly priced Optimus Prime, THAT is a relatively fair price.


I dont see how thats a fair price. The rerelease of Starscream was 50$ and both bots are around the same size so I dont see how 1 casette minion can be an additional 20$. This feels super overpriced to me. I really expected him to be 50$
Re: Transformers G1 Soundwave WalMart Reissue Found in Canada (2028787)
Posted by william-james88 on July 14th, 2019 @ 10:38am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:70$CAN for Soundwave PLUS Buzzsaw. Contrary to the similarly priced Optimus Prime, THAT is a relatively fair price.


I dont see how thats a fair price. The rerelease of Starscream was 50$ and both bots are around the same size so I dont see how 1 casette minion can be an additional 20$. This feels super overpriced to me. I really expected him to be 50$
Re: Transformers G1 Soundwave WalMart Reissue Found in Canada (2028789)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 14th, 2019 @ 10:49am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:70$CAN for Soundwave PLUS Buzzsaw. Contrary to the similarly priced Optimus Prime, THAT is a relatively fair price.


I dont see how thats a fair price. The rerelease of Starscream was 50$ and both bots are around the same size so I dont see how 1 casette minion can be an additional 20$. This feels super overpriced to me. I really expected him to be 50$


50$ for Starscream? That must have been the price on sale because if I remember, Starscream was also 69.99$ at it's normal price.



Oh, just found out that G1 Optimus Prime at Walmart.ca is now 39$CAN!

https://www.walmart.ca/fr/ip/transforme ... 0199102182
Re: Transformers G1 Soundwave WalMart Reissue Found in Canada (2028795)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 14th, 2019 @ 11:05am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:70$CAN for Soundwave PLUS Buzzsaw.
Not surprising. The G1 Soundwave toy has never been sold without at least one of its minions.
Re: Transformers G1 Soundwave WalMart Reissue Found in Canada (2028799)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 14th, 2019 @ 11:23am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:70$CAN for Soundwave PLUS Buzzsaw.
Not surprising. The G1 Soundwave toy has never been sold without at least one of its minions.


Optimus Prime was never sold without his trailer either...
Re: Transformers G1 Soundwave WalMart Reissue Found in Canada (2028800)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 14th, 2019 @ 11:32am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:70$CAN for Soundwave PLUS Buzzsaw.
Not surprising. The G1 Soundwave toy has never been sold without at least one of its minions.


Optimus Prime was never sold without his trailer either...
Hence the recent reissue being priced as is instead of more.
Re: Transformers G1 Soundwave WalMart Reissue Found in Canada (2028802)
Posted by william-james88 on July 14th, 2019 @ 11:38am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:70$CAN for Soundwave PLUS Buzzsaw. Contrary to the similarly priced Optimus Prime, THAT is a relatively fair price.


I dont see how thats a fair price. The rerelease of Starscream was 50$ and both bots are around the same size so I dont see how 1 casette minion can be an additional 20$. This feels super overpriced to me. I really expected him to be 50$


50$ for Starscream? That must have been the price on sale because if I remember, Starscream was also 69.99$ at it's normal price.

It wasnt. Starscream's original price in canada was 50$
Re: Transformers G1 Soundwave WalMart Reissue Found in Canada (2028805)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 14th, 2019 @ 11:49am CDT
william-james88 wrote:It wasnt. Starscream's original price in canada was 50$


Oh yeah.
This make the original 70$ price of the trailerless Optimus even more inexcusable. Seriously, there's not much difference in material between Lonetimus and a seeker.

At least Soundwave have Buzzsaw with him. But that's basically 20$ for a minion instead of 14$.

As usual, the "real" price will be the one on sale.
Re: Transformers G1 Soundwave WalMart Reissue Found in Canada (2028878)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 14th, 2019 @ 8:33pm CDT
Still no sales around here. And wow, Soundwave will be $50? Well, that's gonna hurt some, but he might be worth it, much more so than Prime
Re: Transformers G1 Soundwave WalMart Reissue Found in Canada (2028896)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 14th, 2019 @ 9:59pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Still no sales around here. And wow, Soundwave will be $50? Well, that's gonna hurt some, but he might be worth it, much more so than Prime
Yeah, the Soundwave w/ Laserbeak and Ravage reissue that was released in 2006 in the Classics line was $30, while the SDCC 2009/HTS exclusive Soundwave w/ Laserbeak, Buzzsaw, Ravage, and Ratbat reissue set was also $50 but offered much more and was even a limited convention/online exclusive.
Re: Transformers G1 Soundwave WalMart Reissue Found in Canada (2028899)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 14th, 2019 @ 10:12pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Still no sales around here. And wow, Soundwave will be $50? Well, that's gonna hurt some, but he might be worth it, much more so than Prime
Yeah, the Soundwave w/ Laserbeak and Ravage reissue that was released in 2006 was $30.


To be fair, that's 13 years ago.
By using this site: https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/ I see that it would be 38$ today. So, yeah, the price hike is still significant.

And just for fun, assuming that the picture below is from the 1983 Sears catalog and the prices are in USD:

Image

That Soundwave would be 43.72$
Still cheaper than it's direct reissue.
Re: Transformers G1 Soundwave WalMart Reissue Found in Canada (2028901)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 14th, 2019 @ 10:16pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Still no sales around here. And wow, Soundwave will be $50? Well, that's gonna hurt some, but he might be worth it, much more so than Prime
Yeah, the Soundwave w/ Laserbeak and Ravage reissue that was released in 2006 was $30.


To be fair, that's 13 years ago.
I edited my post with more info.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Liege Maximo Prime Master" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #241 - Toy Fair 2020
Twincast / Podcast #241:
"Toy Fair 2020"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, February 24th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Prime STARSCREAM Deluxe First Edition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime : Ratchet Deluxe / Protectobot First Aid (RID) Hasbro 2014" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Knockout with Energon Driller! 100% Complete!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Prime Optimus Maximus Cyberverse MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime - First Edition - Arcee - Deluxe Figure - Toys R Us" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime - First Edition - Starscream - Deluxe Figure - Toys R Us" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime - First Edition - Bulkhead - Voyager Figure - Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime - First Edition - Bumblebee - Deluxe Figure - Toys R Us" on EBAY