Transformers Generations 2019 Cover Revealed, Pre-Orders Live

Transformers News: Transformers Generations 2019 Cover Revealed, Pre-Orders Live

Tuesday, November 27th, 2018 8:42PM CST

Category: Book News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 12,583

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to Seibertronian cyberpath, we have our first look at the upcoming Transformers Generations 2019 book! The book, which has become a regular look at Transformers concept art and toy art, is now up for Pre-Order at Amazon Japan for 3100 Yen, or approximately $27 in USD. The book cover is not shown in the Pre-Order, but does come to us from @ao_zooora on Twitter[/url]. The new cover features a ton of characters based on their Power of the Primes toys, as Cyberpath notes below, along with an Optimus Prime that appears to be based on his new upcoming Masterpiece toy. All of these have been drawn in beautiful G1-esque retro artwork.

Check out the cover below, and head on over to Amazon Japan to place your Pre-Order! The book is due December 10 of this year.

Featuring the titan-class Predaking; the PotP Dinobots, Terrorcons & Rodimus Prime, among others. And an Optimus Prime with transformation seams consistent with those of the upcoming 35th Annv. Masterpiece.


Transformers News: Transformers Generations 2019 Cover Revealed, Pre-Orders Live
Credit(s): @ao_zooora on Twitter, Amazon Japan
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers Generations 2019 Cover Revealed, Pre-Orders Live (1998651)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 13th, 2018 @ 1:05pm CST
Is this the official thread for this book? If so, here's some info on its inner contents.

https://twitter.com/heroxnet/status/1069945127504760832

First, a thorough coverage of the new Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy toy (which I'm sure we've seen some images of said pages in that toy's thread).

Next, coverage of the Movie toys for both the Bumblebee movie line and the Studio Series line. As well as an interview with Japanese voice actress Aoi Yūki, who I presume from this text to be voicing someone (maybe Charlie? It doesn't say who) in the Japanese dub of the Bumblebee movie.

And finally, the biggest news of all. Hirofumi Ichikawa is writing and drawing a brand new comic for the Binaltech storyline, in honor of that toyline's 15th anniversary! The story is going to finally give that series its long overdue proper conclusion, helping to bridge the gap between Binaltech and Alternity.

Two pages have been posted online, in which we see that it looks like this comic will be telling both a follow-up to the final Binaltech story chapter, as well as some of the origin story of the Protector, which Ichikawa had previously dabbled in with writer Jim Sorenson back in a Facebook post written for the Transformers Collectors Club's old Ask Vector Prime Facebook page (archived here on TFWiki as the second-to-last entry written under the September 30, 2015 section. It's the entry that asks about Air Attack Optimus Primal).

Click each to see full size
Image
Image
Re: Transformers Generations 2019 Cover Revealed, Pre-Orders Live (1998662)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 13th, 2018 @ 3:20pm CST
Thanks to fellow Seibertron user, Sabrblade, we've been alerted to the fact that a sneak preview of the books contents has now appeared via Twitter user Heroxnet. Sabrblade himself has provided a helpful run down on what the content so far has been revealed to be.

Sabrblade wrote:First, a thorough coverage of the new Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy toy (which I'm sure we've seen some images of said pages in that toy's thread).

Next, coverage of the Movie toys for both the Bumblebee movie line and the Studio Series line. As well as an interview with Japanese voice actress Aoi Yūki, who I presume from this text to be voicing someone (maybe Charlie? It doesn't say who) in the Japanese dub of the Bumblebee movie.

And finally, the biggest news of all. Hirofumi Ichikawa is writing and drawing a brand new comic for the Binaltech storyline, in honor of that toyline's 15th anniversary! The story is going to finally give that series its long overdue proper conclusion, helping to bridge the gap between Binaltech and Alternity.

Two pages have been posted online, in which we see that it looks like this comic will be telling both a follow-up to the final Binaltech story chapter, as well as some of the origin story of the Protector, which Ichikawa had previously dabbled in with writer Jim Sorenson back in a Facebook post written for the Transformers Collectors Club's old Ask Vector Prime Facebook page (archived here on TFWiki as the second-to-last entry written under the September 30, 2015 section. It's the entry that asks about Air Attack Optimus Primal).

Click each to see full size

Image

Image



What do you think about this? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.
Re: Transformers Generations 2019 Cover Revealed, Pre-Orders Live (1998664)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on December 13th, 2018 @ 4:00pm CST
Wish I knew what was happening here... looks like the Alternator Autobots are going to rescue/observe the classic Maximal team right after Beast Wars/before Machines.
Re: Transformers Generations 2019 Cover Revealed, Pre-Orders Live (1998665)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 13th, 2018 @ 4:29pm CST
Stormshot_Prime wrote:Wish I knew what was happening here... looks like the Alternator Autobots are going to rescue/observe the classic Maximal team right after Beast Wars/before Machines.
The Binaltech Autobots (accompanied by MP-2 Ultra Magnus) are heading off to take care of something that Grimlock had felt he was forgetting back in the final Binaltech story chapter. That something is shown here to involve the other Dinobots, who appear to be several damaged/dying.

The Maximals, meanwhile, are heading back to Cybertron from the Beast Wars, with Megatron as their captive. But, as their ship travels through time, when they reach the 21st Century, they get hit by some timey-wimey stuff (caused by Binaltech Ravage tampering with time, which occurred in earlier chapters of the Binaltech story) that pulls their ship into the Binaltech timeline, where their ship gets destroyed by Unicron.

The Maximals and Megatron end up getting scattered through Transwarp space, with Blackarachnia being snatched up by Unicron to become his servant (and get a new Binaltech body of her own).

Initially, there was much more to this post that I'd written to explain the fates of the other Maximals and Megatron, but the more I kept writing, the harder it became to try to condense and simplify the rather epic and convoluted story that this comic is related to. So, I'll just say that the main Beast Wars/Beast Machines timeline gets unaffected thanks to some cosmic timey-wimey stuff the Alternity pulls off, with the Maximals and Megatron seen in this comic being quantum duplicates of the real ones, which Ichikawa only did because he really wanted to use the American BW/BM version of Optimus Primal (as opposed to the goofier Japanese version of the character) for his Protector story, but didn't want to contradict either the BW or BM cartoons as they were, so he just wrote a convoluted explanation that made his Protector version of Primal be a duplicate of the original.
Re: Transformers Generations 2019 Cover Revealed, Pre-Orders Live (1998668)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on December 13th, 2018 @ 5:10pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Stormshot_Prime wrote:Wish I knew what was happening here... looks like the Alternator Autobots are going to rescue/observe the classic Maximal team right after Beast Wars/before Machines.
The Binaltech Autobots (accompanied by MP-2 Ultra Magnus) are heading off to take care of something that Grimlock had felt he was forgetting back in the final Binaltech story chapter. That something is shown here to involve the other Dinobots, who appear to be several damaged/dying.

The Maximals, meanwhile, are heading back to Cybertron from the Beast Wars, with Megatron as their captive. But, as their ship travels through time, when they reach the 21st Century, they get hit by some timey-wimey stuff (caused by Binaltech Ravage tampering with time, which occurred in earlier chapters of the Binaltech story) that pulls their ship into the Binaltech timeline, where their ship gets destroyed by Unicron.

The Maximals and Megatron end up getting scattered through Transwarp space, with Blackarachnia being snatched up by Unicron to become his servant (and get a new Binaltech body of her own).

Initially, there was much more to this post that I'd written to explain the fates of the other Maximals and Megatron, but the more I kept writing, the harder it became to try to condense and simplify the rather epic and convoluted story that this comic is related to. So, I'll just say that the main Beast Wars/Beast Machines timeline gets unaffected thanks to some cosmic timey-wimey stuff the Alternity pulls off, with the Maximals and Megatron seen in this comic being quantum duplicates of the real ones, which Ichikawa only did because he really wanted to use the American BW/BM version of Optimus Primal (as opposed to the goofier Japanese version of the character) for his Protector story, but didn't want to contradict either the BW or BM cartoons as they were, so he just wrote a convoluted explanation that made his Protector version of Primal be a duplicate of the original.


Geez-o. I do love me a complicated timey-wimey multiversal plot, where can I get started on this story?
Re: Transformers Generations 2019 Cover Revealed, Pre-Orders Live (1998669)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 13th, 2018 @ 5:12pm CST
Stormshot_Prime wrote:Geez-o. I do love me a complicated timey-wimey multiversal plot, where can I get started on this story?
There's a link with directions in both my first post and in the news post quoting my post.
Re: Transformers Generations 2019 Cover Revealed, Pre-Orders Live (1998671)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on December 13th, 2018 @ 5:23pm CST
Stormshot_Prime wrote:Geez-o. I do love me a complicated timey-wimey multiversal plot, where can I get started on this story?

If that's the case, you should try watching The Flash sometime.

On-topic, I'm curious to see what kind of Studio Series content this thing will have. As an engineering student, I'd love to see some behind the scenes development-type stuff for those figures that goes more in-depth than those Leaked from Cybertron vids, what with some of them doing whole body flips and other uncommon/involved transforming tricks. No idea if that's the kind of 'coverage' they mean though, so I guess I'll have to wait and find out.
Re: Transformers Generations 2019 Cover Revealed, Pre-Orders Live (1998810)
Posted by ScottyP on December 14th, 2018 @ 11:19am CST
Just a short reminder since I've seen this on a couple other sites today: please do not post or link to full scans of the entire book. Just because it didn't come out in your country doesn't mean piracy is ok. This is available from one of our site sponsors, Hobbylink Japan, as well as Amazon Japan.

Thanks in the meantime for being awesome, would rather be proactively paranoid about this sort of stuff :)
Re: Transformers Generations 2019 Cover Revealed, Pre-Orders Live (2002495)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 4th, 2019 @ 11:46am CST
Houston, we have both scans and a translation of the Binaltech story!

The scans come from Markdelg on TFW2005, while the translation is by Creedence on The Allspark.

Image
The Year 2008:

The Cybertron warriors are on their triumphant return after defeating the powerful enemy, Black Convoy.

Grimlock: It all over...? Me Grimlock feel me forgetting something...

Grimlock: Ah!!

Grimlock: My Dinobots!!

Some years back:

The Cybertron heroes who won the Beast Wars are returning to the future. Their shuttle has now arrived in the time zone of the year 2005!

Computer: Anomaly in transwarp space--

Computer: A high energy reaction

Somebody: What?!

Image
Cybertron City Technical Division

Grimlock: Arrgh! Why! Why Dinobots not awake yet?!

Grimlock: Even Protector got body!

Perceptor: Grimlock, listen! The Dinobots' restoration has already been completed. You are the cause for their inability to wake up!

Grimlock: Me...?

Image
According to Overdrive's survey, the "Original World" already had the Dinobots revived by 2005.

Soundwave's telepathic capability and a high frequency pulse could eliminate the Unleashers' psychic imprint that was making animal-type robots wild.

In the proper timeline, we were able to have him heal the Dinobots in return for a prisoner exchange...

But in the BT World, Soundwave's whereabouts are unknown... Thus we had to wait till new Binaltech research produced results that could reproduce his ability.

Perceptor: The initial experiment of the Psychedevice was successful! Thanks to it, the Dinobots' restoration is complete, but...

Perceptor: The Psychotropic Energy engraved in your mind is growing day by day! To the extent that the Dinobots are once again affected.

Grimlock: What should me do...?

Perceptor: Aha! It seems the improved device was confidently completed this morning!

Carly: Grimlock, are you all right? You don't look well.

Perceptor: More and more reason to go now! Hurry up to the EDC Space Center!

Carly: I'll go with! I'm worried about you.

Image
Protector: I'll accompany.

Lambor: I believe Commander Convoy and the others are transporting Alternium to the Space Center.

Communication: The Destrons have showed up at the EDC Space Center!

Lambor: What, no way!

Decepticharge: Ultra Magnus! He has the Matrix right now!

Decepticharge: I know it's there!

Ultra Magnus: Decepticharge! And Blackwidow, those troublesome two!

Ultra Magnus: Servants of Unicron... Puppets that keep following orders even without their master.

Charger: The two of us need to protect the Alternium!

Image
Charger: I'll take you down for sure today...!

Decepticharge: My bootleg, Charger!

Charger: You were originally my alternate bodyframe... I don't care how an evil soul got in it...

Charger: Only that you are knocked down with my hands!!

Blackwidow: Uh-oh! I guess this match is over?

Blackwidow: Uugh! Alright!

Blackwidow: The Matrix... yes, yes, I will destroy it.

Blackwidow: But before that...

Image
Blackwidow: This! I need to use this device!

Blackwidow: Wait? This is for human beings!

Carly: Something wrong?

Blackwidow: Damn it! I really am cursed.

Blackwidow: Aarrgh!!

Grimlock: Destron! How long are you gonna be a nuisance?

Blackwidow: Wait! I do not want to fight. I just want to be free!

Protector: Back, Grimlock! She is my friend.

Blackwidow: You...!?

Protector: It's been a while, Widow... hundreds of millions of years for me.

Protector: Grimlock's mental waves are acting on your beast DNA. Both are getting dangerous at this rate!

Carly: I'll do it! Help me out, Perceptor.

Image
Carly: Lambor! Get them to lay down their weapons!

Lambor: Okay, it's gonna be rough!

Protector: Carly, this device enhances human mental power and lets telepathic abilities emerge.

Protector: I wonder if it'll change you forever...

Carly: That's not important right now, do it quickly!!

Protector: Success!

Image
Outer space: Quintesson Base

Quintesson: The Binaltech have finally begun to dedicate their efforts to the evolution of the human species. That civilization is dangerous and must be sealed immediately.

Quintesson: Activate the quadrant lock!!

Blackwidow: I'm afraid to ask, but could you easily restore us?

Protector: Well...

Blackwidow: Why are you staying in this era if you don't feel involved?

Protector: I was the one who helped this offshoot world survive. I am responsible for your predicament...

Protector: So I swear I will bring you back to our friends!

Blackwidow: Aw, staying just for little ol' me?

Another day: Cybertron City

Grimlock: Dinobots have returned good!

Grimlock: Me Grimlock glad!

Sludge: Grimlock? Do anyone see Grimlock?

Slag: Me see nice, weak, and small Autobot.*

Slag: Grimlock our king.

Grimlock: And...

Dinobots: Long live Binaltech!

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #225 - The Overexposure of Bumblebee
Twincast / Podcast #225:
"The Overexposure of Bumblebee"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 16th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Brunt ACTION FIGURE NEW" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers IronFactory IF EX-17S Deadlock Figure In Stock" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage Hasbro 1986 Transformers G1 Gnaw Sharkticon" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO ROBOTS IN DISGUISE TRANSFORMERS SKY-BYTE ACTION FIGURE" on EBAY
Buy "transformers siege war for cybertron Soundwave With Lazerbeak And Ravage" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS~SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON~DECEPTICON REFRAKTOR~BRAND NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Sky-Byte Shark Great Colors/Condition Incomplete see listing Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "WFC-S36 REFRAKTOR Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Reflector 2019 New" on EBAY