This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail

Transformers News: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail

Monday, August 1st, 2022 11:38AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors, Sightings, Collectables
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 70,032

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

This page may contain affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.


In yet another case of a figure being found at retail before ever being officially announced by Hasbro or Takara, Deluxe Class Legacy Minerva has been spotted in the wild. But what makes this sighting a bit strange is that it was found at a Walmart in Colorado, rather than at Walgreens, where it's been assumed she will be that chain's exclusive toy this year.

Check out the images below, courtesy of TFW2005 user Blaster Mister, as well as @HailKingCrimson on Twitter, where the in package image was originally posted.

EDIT: While this toy was found at Walmart is is most assuredly a mistake and will not be found at Walmarts across the country. The toy did NOT ring up at the cash and the customer needed assistance to buy the product under another code. So, most of you will have to wait until this toy is sold by Walgreens during the holiday shopping season. Here is what Blaster Mister wrote regarding the transaction:

"So what exactly happened was. I rung her up and it error and had to wait for a associate. He came over and scanned her again and typed the upc on the checkout but it didn't work. He then just looked up the upc in his device and he said it came up and it was just the Hasbro logo and was about to scan that for normal deluxe price."

Transformers News: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail

Transformers News: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail

Transformers News: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail

Minerva is a character formerly exclusive to Japanese G1 continuity, and is noteworthy for being the first Transformers toy ever to be released as a female character. This marks not only her first transforming toy in 34 years, but her first ever toy to be released in Western markets. She's a redeco and new head retool of Legacy Deluxe Class Wave 2's Elita One (who as of this writing, hasn't been found at retail).

As can be seen from the images above, we have the first look at Minerva in her packaging, as well as the barcode on her box, and the assortment box she came in.

What do you make of these images? Is this an aberration that she's shown up at Walmart instead of the rumored Walgreens? Have things possibly changed, and she'll be coming to a different chain? Let us know what you think or speculate below!
Credit(s): Blaster Mister from TFW2005, @HailKingCrimson on Twitterin

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140074)
Posted by william-james88 on August 1st, 2022 @ 11:50am CDT
f I recall correctly, the Walgreens exclusive Brainstorm was also found at Walmart once, randomly, then only at Walgreens again during the holiday season.
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140075)
Posted by sol magnus on August 1st, 2022 @ 11:53am CDT
william-james88 wrote:f I recall correctly, the Walgreens exclusive Brainstorm was also found at Walmart once, randomly, then only at Walgreens again during the holiday season.

Didn't somebody find a Buzzworthy Bumblebee figure or set at Walmat last year, too?
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140076)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on August 1st, 2022 @ 11:53am CDT
Bounti76 wrote:Is this an aberration that she's shown up at Walmart instead of the rumored Walgreens?
...having read the TFW thread these pics came from, it is absolutely a mistake, yes. The figure isn't listed in the Walmart systems and was only able to be rung up by scanning a general Deluxe assortment code, and JTPrime says that shipping manifests still blatantly call her a Walgreens figure. This is just like the few sporadic Worlds Collide sets that got found at Walmart last year despite being a Target exclusive.
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140088)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on August 1st, 2022 @ 1:56pm CDT
It’s funny how other retailers’ exclusives keep popping up at Walmart and not the other way around. It’s also funny how Walmart demands their own exclusive Transformers toys to sell year after year, but they can’t seem to order them correctly, fulfill preorders, distribute them properly, stock shelves on time, etc.
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140089)
Posted by Rogue-Primal on August 1st, 2022 @ 2:57pm CDT
Purchased Blaster last saturday. Still not liking that in my store the deluxes are starting to cost just as much as a voyagers but deluxes are small. The pricing is getting weird.


Blaster is great ;)^ but i'm keeping Eject inside...with toy prices rising i'm not gonna risk cracking or fracture him.
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140090)
Posted by RodimusPrimeUkraine1 on August 1st, 2022 @ 3:24pm CDT
Rogue-Primal wrote:Purchased Blaster last saturday. Still not liking that in my store the deluxes are starting to cost just as much as a voyagers but deluxes are small. The pricing is getting weird.


Blaster is great ;)^ but i'm keeping Eject inside...with toy prices rising i'm not gonna risk cracking or fracture him.


I have Blaster. Same with Eject. He WILL shatter eventually though :( . Someone please tell me when a solid eject upgrade kit comes out!
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140098)
Posted by alekese on August 1st, 2022 @ 4:26pm CDT
Got emails from pulse today saying that wreckers bulkhead, wreckers springer, motormaster and metroplex have come in and will be billing/shipping soon, so those should be shipping out this week or next for those who ordered through pulse.
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140100)
Posted by sol magnus on August 1st, 2022 @ 4:28pm CDT
alekese wrote:Got emails from pulse today saying that wreckers bulkhead, wreckers springer, motormaster and metroplex have come in and will be billing/shipping soon, so those should be shipping out this week or next for those who ordered through pulse.

For me it was Twin Twist and Motormaster, but yes. I too got that email.
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140103)
Posted by RodimusPrimeUkraine1 on August 1st, 2022 @ 5:05pm CDT
I hope we see pics of the Shadow Striker soon. I hope she's based on Cyberverse. Even if she isn't, she'll be fighting Elita One on my shelf.
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140105)
Posted by Rogue-Primal on August 1st, 2022 @ 5:18pm CDT
RodimusPrimeUkraine1 wrote:
Rogue-Primal wrote:Purchased Blaster last saturday. Still not liking that in my store the deluxes are starting to cost just as much as a voyagers but deluxes are small. The pricing is getting weird.


Blaster is great ;)^ but i'm keeping Eject inside...with toy prices rising i'm not gonna risk cracking or fracture him.


I have Blaster. Same with Eject. He WILL shatter eventually though :( . Someone please tell me when a solid eject upgrade kit comes out!


My Eject hasn't been transformed once, just chest filler and it's ok. TF wiki is the reason i knew about it.
My carefulness stems from to PotP Landmine who bad quality control with super loose shoulder pegs making the arms unable to stay up posed. I had to get mine replaced by a Submarauder the same day. And later went on a hunt for a different Landmine at a different store just to be sure avoid it.

They're no longer in stores but the prime armor shoulder peg have a gap, but bad shoulders will look bent or crushed together instead normal.
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140106)
Posted by RodimusPrimeUkraine1 on August 1st, 2022 @ 5:26pm CDT
Rogue-Primal wrote:
RodimusPrimeUkraine1 wrote:
Rogue-Primal wrote:Purchased Blaster last saturday. Still not liking that in my store the deluxes are starting to cost just as much as a voyagers but deluxes are small. The pricing is getting weird.


Blaster is great ;)^ but i'm keeping Eject inside...with toy prices rising i'm not gonna risk cracking or fracture him.


I have Blaster. Same with Eject. He WILL shatter eventually though :( . Someone please tell me when a solid eject upgrade kit comes out!


My Eject hasn't been transformed once, just chest filler and it's ok. TF wiki is the reason i knew about it.
My carefulness stems from to PotP Landmine who bad quality control with super loose shoulder pegs making the arms unable to stay up posed. I had to get mine replaced by a Submarauder the same day. And later went on a hunt for a different Landmine at a different store just to be sure avoid it.

They're no longer in stores but the prime armor shoulder peg have a gap, but bad shoulders will look bent or crushed together instead normal.


My POTP Slash'es shoulders are made of transparent gold plastic. They were tight and could hold up the dino mode when I first opened her, but very loose now. Fixable?
Note: I couldn't resist the temptation to transform eject a few times. He already has stress marks
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140109)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on August 1st, 2022 @ 5:39pm CDT
I regularly mess with my Eject and he's fine, no stress marks or anything
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140111)
Posted by RodimusPrimeUkraine1 on August 1st, 2022 @ 5:51pm CDT
Sentinel_Primal wrote:I regularly mess with my Eject and he's fine, no stress marks or anything


really? I already see stress marks on Eject's knees. Check my collection on the first page. ctrl+f Eject.
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140118)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on August 1st, 2022 @ 7:49pm CDT
RodimusPrimeUkraine1 wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:I regularly mess with my Eject and he's fine, no stress marks or anything


really? I already see stress marks on Eject's knees. Check my collection on the first page. ctrl+f Eject.

Same as Sentinel here, transformed mine at least 20 times, no stress marks.
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140122)
Posted by RodimusPrimeUkraine1 on August 1st, 2022 @ 8:03pm CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
RodimusPrimeUkraine1 wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:I regularly mess with my Eject and he's fine, no stress marks or anything


really? I already see stress marks on Eject's knees. Check my collection on the first page. ctrl+f Eject.

Same as Sentinel here, transformed mine at least 20 times, no stress marks.


Hmmmmmm?
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140124)
Posted by Emerje on August 1st, 2022 @ 8:38pm CDT
Bounti76 wrote:Image

That box is weird. First off Walgreens doesn't get cases shipped to the store, their distribution center breaks them up based on the individual needs of each store. Then there's the writing describing it simply as Tra Gen W 1 (Transformers Generations wave 1). There's the WK 28 sticker which means week 28 which was two weeks ago. And finally it was delivered air mail which means this was probably dropped off by a UPS or FedEx truck which is how the Target Worlds Collide set was found at Walmart. I can understand how this would happen, a box shows up in the back, it says wave 1, it has an assortment number similar to what's already on the shelves, dated for two weeks ago, of course a random stock person would try to quickly get it on shelves.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140125)
Posted by william-james88 on August 1st, 2022 @ 8:55pm CDT
Emerje wrote:
Bounti76 wrote:Image

That box is weird. First off Walgreens doesn't get cases shipped to the store, their distribution center breaks them up based on the individual needs of each store. Then there's the writing describing it simply as Tra Gen W 1 (Transformers Generations wave 1). There's the WK 28 sticker which means week 28 which was two weeks ago. And finally it was delivered air mail which means this was probably dropped off by a UPS or FedEx truck which is how the Target Worlds Collide set was found at Walmart. I can understand how this would happen, a box shows up in the back, it says wave 1, it has an assortment number similar to what's already on the shelves, dated for two weeks ago, of course a random stock person would try to quickly get it on shelves.

Emerje


Tra Gen W 1 is the short version of the following longerusting found on the shipping doc: Transformers Generations Walgreens 1
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140131)
Posted by Emerje on August 1st, 2022 @ 9:13pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Bounti76 wrote:Image

That box is weird. First off Walgreens doesn't get cases shipped to the store, their distribution center breaks them up based on the individual needs of each store. Then there's the writing describing it simply as Tra Gen W 1 (Transformers Generations wave 1). There's the WK 28 sticker which means week 28 which was two weeks ago. And finally it was delivered air mail which means this was probably dropped off by a UPS or FedEx truck which is how the Target Worlds Collide set was found at Walmart. I can understand how this would happen, a box shows up in the back, it says wave 1, it has an assortment number similar to what's already on the shelves, dated for two weeks ago, of course a random stock person would try to quickly get it on shelves.

Emerje


Tra Gen W 1 is the short version of the following longerusting found on the shipping doc: Transformers Generations Walgreens 1

Ah, I missed that part. Still, would a stock person at Walmart or the delivery guy think that w is out of place? Probably not. I get my neighbors' packages every now and then and we're always hearing about how pressed for time these delivery drivers are so mistakes happen.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140141)
Posted by TulioDude on August 1st, 2022 @ 10:59pm CDT
I'm glad the Hasbro design team seens to be more mindful of all the generations of Transformers,the interview gives me more confidence in them.

I already said it before, but I believe if they wanna make an unified desgin aesthesic for the line, they don't have view it through the lens of being the G1 aesthesic.

Day 945 of waiting for Transformers Armada Masterpiece news.
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140204)
Posted by william-james88 on August 2nd, 2022 @ 1:19pm CDT
Looks like Takara is revealing Legacy deluxe Class Dead End and Blanker on August 10th. That means they'll probably beat Hasbro to the punch for revealing alt modes and accessories. When it comes to Blanker (this is the Japanese name for Point Blank and it's what this release will be called) the accessory is pretty important since it's a Targetmaster called Peacemaker. We see Peacemaker in the Takara preview image below along with the alt mode. And we see Dead End's alt mode too.

Image

Image
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140207)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on August 2nd, 2022 @ 1:33pm CDT
So are we getting a Peacemaker with Blanker here in the West? Would that make him voyager priced? Or will peacemaker be sold separately?

Personally, I prefer the combo sold at higher price, like they did with Selects Cyclonus.
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140208)
Posted by RodimusPrimeUkraine1 on August 2nd, 2022 @ 1:33pm CDT
Looks good
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140213)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on August 2nd, 2022 @ 1:38pm CDT
Yes please..

Rodimus Prime wrote:So are we getting a Peacemaker with Blanker here in the West? Would that make him voyager priced? Or will peacemaker be sold separately?

Personally, I prefer the combo sold at higher price, like they did with Selects Cyclonus.


Uh..
When it comes to Blanker (this is the Japanese name for Point Blank)


Blanker is not the targetmaster gun's name, we will most likely be getting pointblank with his Targetmaster peacemaker.
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140217)
Posted by william-james88 on August 2nd, 2022 @ 1:44pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:So are we getting a Peacemaker with Blanker here in the West? Would that make him voyager priced? Or will peacemaker be sold separately?

Personally, I prefer the combo sold at higher price, like they did with Selects Cyclonus.


He'll just be deluxe priced and his accessory will be the simple targetmaster you see there.

We saw that they can plan for 2 packs without having to go higher. Like Blaster and Eject still just being a voyager release.
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140221)
Posted by Till-all-R1 on August 2nd, 2022 @ 1:49pm CDT
Since they doing cassettes like Rumble in Core Class I wonder if we'll soon get new version of Ravage and Laserbeak? While I think Laserbeak fine to some extent, Ravage is seriously oddly proportioned and wouldn't mind a redo to a more streamlined look.

Though I suspect we'll see a Frenzy/Rumble repaint along with others before a Ravage.
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140223)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 2nd, 2022 @ 1:50pm CDT
Peacemaker looks basically like an all-too-faithful recreation of his G1 mold.

Image
Image
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140224)
Posted by RodimusPrimeUkraine1 on August 2nd, 2022 @ 1:56pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Peacemaker looks basically like an all-too-faithful recreation of his G1 mold.

Image
Image


He even has permanently fused legs! Thanks for the :PLAYSKOOL: accuracy :HASBRO:!
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140225)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on August 2nd, 2022 @ 1:57pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Peacemaker looks basically like an all-too-faithful recreation of his G1 mold.

Image
Image


I’ll likely use the Legends version of Peacemaker from the Takara release of TR/LG Topspin instead.
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140226)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on August 2nd, 2022 @ 2:13pm CDT
Dead End's got a solid-looking car mode so far, shame I'm gonna pass on him since I'm not doing Menasor. I think he might have slightly different/retooled guns compared to his teammates?
Blanker looks...fine, I guess? Would love to see the full car and not just the front half, but he's probably still a pass for me. Peacemaker looks exactly as compromised as I kinda expected, hopefully Needlenose doesn't also suffer from trying to force a Targetmaster into the Deluxe pricepoint later.

Cyber Bishop wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:So are we getting a Peacemaker with Blanker here in the West? Would that make him voyager priced? Or will peacemaker be sold separately?

Personally, I prefer the combo sold at higher price, like they did with Selects Cyclonus.


Uh..
When it comes to Blanker (this is the Japanese name for Point Blank)


Blanker is not the targetmaster gun's name, we will most likely be getting pointblank with his Targetmaster peacemaker.
1. They called the Targetmaster by the correct name in that quote, not sure what you're correcting.
2. Hasbro revealed the figure as Autobot Blanker, not Pointblank, so he will be releasing in the West as Blanker.

Sabrblade wrote:Peacemaker looks basically like an all-too-faithful recreation of his G1 mold.

Image
Image
Looks to me like the legs still fold over the torso like the G1 original, but the barrel is actually in the legs rather than covered by them, you can see the red hinge for the barrel by the feet, so the bot body lying under the gun is facing the other way. That would also match the "Peacemaker transforms in 2 steps" callout from his product description.
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140227)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on August 2nd, 2022 @ 2:23pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:So are we getting a Peacemaker with Blanker here in the West? Would that make him voyager priced? Or will peacemaker be sold separately?

Personally, I prefer the combo sold at higher price, like they did with Selects Cyclonus.


He'll just be deluxe priced and his accessory will be the simple targetmaster you see there.

We saw that they can plan for 2 packs without having to go higher. Like Blaster and Eject still just being a voyager release.
Even better. I just wasn't sure if Hasbro would do that, since deluxes do cost less than voyagers and they have sold battlemasters separately.
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140228)
Posted by SpaceEagle on August 2nd, 2022 @ 2:25pm CDT
Both look very nice to me, I'm really digging Dead End's car mode that is totally not a Porsche no siree, and Pointblank Blanker looks equally very fun. He'll look great next to my Crosshairs toy and I hope they do Sureshot!
Maybe a more toy-accurate Scourge with Fracas can happen too like they did with Cyclonus...
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140230)
Posted by blackeyedprime on August 2nd, 2022 @ 2:32pm CDT
Glad I've already got a version of peace maker. I'll probably give point-blank some kind of crotch piece tho but still a definite buy. I'm not doing menasor mainly because of how bad dragstrip is but it's great to see the other cars looking neat.
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140232)
Posted by Tigerhawk7109 on August 2nd, 2022 @ 2:48pm CDT
Dead End looks great, easy pick up along with Starscream and Crankcase. As for Blanker, I'll have to wait and see if they do a Selects toy-accurate version like they did for Cyclonus. That head is just so off-putting compared to the G1 toy.

:BH-PREDACON: :SG-CONS:
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140238)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on August 2nd, 2022 @ 3:45pm CDT
I don't have any complaints about Point Blank, but I have like a dozen Battle Masters set aside for my season four line up, and now they're doing a new Targetmaster mold? They won't match! I guess now I know how all the ride-or-diw CW Scramble City people feel about new Menasor.
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140239)
Posted by sol magnus on August 2nd, 2022 @ 3:50pm CDT
AcademyofDrX wrote:I don't have any complaints about Point Blank, but I have like a dozen Battle Masters set aside for my season four line up, and now they're doing a new Targetmaster mold? They won't match! I guess now I know how all the ride-or-diw CW Scramble City people feel about new Menasor.

I'm sure you'll live (happily), my friend.
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140246)
Posted by RodimusPrimeUkraine1 on August 2nd, 2022 @ 4:28pm CDT
AcademyofDrX wrote:I don't have any complaints about Point Blank, but I have like a dozen Battle Masters set aside for my season four line up, and now they're doing a new Targetmaster mold? They won't match! I guess now I know how all the ride-or-diw CW Scramble City people feel about new Menasor.


CW Menosaur is garbage though...
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140259)
Posted by adamage1 on August 2nd, 2022 @ 6:56pm CDT
My BBTS order arrived today, which included both Legacy Motormaster and Studio Series 86 Sludge.

I am happy to report that my Motormaster has none of the discoloration/photodegradation others have reported:

Image
Image
Image
Image

My copy of Sludge also does not suffer from knee-flop syndrome like the first-run reviews have shown, and his hips are holding fairly well, though they are a tad loose moving laterally outward for the first inch or so, but he holds both legs fully extended to the side like a champ.

Hopefully the rest of you are having similar luck. Both figures look phenomenal, and I absolutely cannot wait until Menasor is completed. The reveal today of Dead End’s alt mode made me smile, as it looks spot on, and thankfully they included his iconic stripe.
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140266)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 2nd, 2022 @ 7:52pm CDT
Much like SS Galvatron, I wish Blanker had gotten a larger figure budget. He looks so... under-filled out? And I wish his targetmaster was more in line with the Siege ones.

Dead End looks pretty good. Might get 2 of him, he is by far my favorite stunticon thanks to Cyberverse. And funny enough, he was not homaged in Robots in disguise, so that's a funny thing too
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140268)
Posted by Bounti76 on August 2nd, 2022 @ 8:06pm CDT
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I really like the Peacemaker mold. It pushes all the right nostalgia buttons for me, since Pointblank was the only Targetmaster I had as a kid.

While it might have been nice to get a more "modern" looking Peacemaker, similar to the Siege Battlemasters, I think it's an issue of how the molding on those works. The limbs have to be a different color than the torso, so they look more uniform in gun mode. Sure, they could paint them, but that's likely not an option with the budget they have. Take Selects Cyclonus. He's a figure all about toy accuracy. So wouldn't they make Nightstick with black arms and a black torso, and make him with silver legs, since that's what his G1 toy had? Nope. Silver legs and arms, black torso.
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140287)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on August 2nd, 2022 @ 10:19pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:1. They called the Targetmaster by the correct name in that quote, not sure what you're correcting.
2. Hasbro revealed the figure as Autobot Blanker, not Pointblank, so he will be releasing in the West as Blanker.



Blanker is the stupidest f-ing name to replace his actual name of Pointblank. I went back and saw that they were releasing him under this stupid ass name after I posted.

So no correction, this name swap crap confused the hell out of me.
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140289)
Posted by RodimusPrimeUkraine1 on August 2nd, 2022 @ 10:36pm CDT
Cyber Bishop wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:1. They called the Targetmaster by the correct name in that quote, not sure what you're correcting.
2. Hasbro revealed the figure as Autobot Blanker, not Pointblank, so he will be releasing in the West as Blanker.



Blanker is the stupidest f-ing name to replace his actual name of Pointblank. I went back and saw that they were releasing him under this stupid ass name after I posted.

So no correction, this name swap crap confused the hell out of me.


I agree, blanker is the dumbest copyright name swap they could do.
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140291)
Posted by william-james88 on August 2nd, 2022 @ 10:40pm CDT
RodimusPrimeUkraine1 wrote:
Cyber Bishop wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:1. They called the Targetmaster by the correct name in that quote, not sure what you're correcting.
2. Hasbro revealed the figure as Autobot Blanker, not Pointblank, so he will be releasing in the West as Blanker.



Blanker is the stupidest f-ing name to replace his actual name of Pointblank. I went back and saw that they were releasing him under this stupid ass name after I posted.

So no correction, this name swap crap confused the hell out of me.


I agree, blanker is the dumbest copyright name swap they could do.



I'd say it's the least dumb one. At least Blanker is the character's name in Japan, so they are still calling the character by a name linked to him since G1. It's not like they called him "Redcar" or "Poopybot".
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140292)
Posted by RodimusPrimeUkraine1 on August 2nd, 2022 @ 10:46pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
RodimusPrimeUkraine1 wrote:
Cyber Bishop wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:1. They called the Targetmaster by the correct name in that quote, not sure what you're correcting.
2. Hasbro revealed the figure as Autobot Blanker, not Pointblank, so he will be releasing in the West as Blanker.



Blanker is the stupidest f-ing name to replace his actual name of Pointblank. I went back and saw that they were releasing him under this stupid ass name after I posted.

So no correction, this name swap crap confused the hell out of me.


I agree, blanker is the dumbest copyright name swap they could do.



I'd say it's the least dumb one. At least Blanker is the character's name in Japan, so they are still calling the character by a name linked to him since G1. It's not like they called him "Redcar" or "Poopybot".


Now I want to report you. But anyway, I'd actually be less insulted by redcar or potblank/pitplank/poblank...
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140293)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on August 2nd, 2022 @ 11:07pm CDT
Bounti76 wrote:Maybe I'm in the minority, but I really like the Peacemaker mold. It pushes all the right nostalgia buttons for me, since Pointblank was the only Targetmaster I had as a kid.

While it might have been nice to get a more "modern" looking Peacemaker, similar to the Siege Battlemasters, I think it's an issue of how the molding on those works. The limbs have to be a different color than the torso, so they look more uniform in gun mode. Sure, they could paint them, but that's likely not an option with the budget they have. Take Selects Cyclonus. He's a figure all about toy accuracy. So wouldn't they make Nightstick with black arms and a black torso, and make him with silver legs, since that's what his G1 toy had? Nope. Silver legs and arms, black torso.


That's why I did this! :)
Image
Image
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140296)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on August 2nd, 2022 @ 11:46pm CDT
My copy of Menasor doesn't have any yellowing either... Seems like that was some weird, rare situation.

Dead End's car mode does look pretty dang good!
I also can't wait to get this set completed...
As of right now, the plan for my second set of Stunticons is to have them in vehicle modes.
Other than my Sharkticons, they'll be the only figures that aren't displayed in their bot modes.
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140298)
Posted by RodimusPrimeUkraine1 on August 2nd, 2022 @ 11:50pm CDT
Sowndwave76 wrote:My copy of Menasor doesn't have any yellowing either... Seems like that was some weird, rare situation.

Dead End's car mode does look pretty dang good!
I also can't wait to get this set completed...
As of right now, the plan for my second set of Stunticons is to have them in vehicle modes.
Other than my Sharkticons, they'll be the only figures that aren't displayed in their bot modes.


But what about the dinobots?
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140318)
Posted by Big Grim on August 3rd, 2022 @ 8:05am CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:That's why I did this! :)
Image
Image

Which one did you use for Fracas? I'm not at all familiar with these newer Target Master figures.

~ Grim
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140322)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on August 3rd, 2022 @ 9:55am CDT
Big Grim wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:That's why I did this! :)
Image

Which one did you use for Fracas? I'm not at all familiar with these newer Target Master figures.

~ Grim


Fracas, the second from the left, is the torso and legs of Nightstick from Generations Selects Artfire with the arms and gun barrel of Fracas from the Siege Phantomstrike Squadron multipack. :)
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140326)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on August 3rd, 2022 @ 10:35am CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Big Grim wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:That's why I did this! :)
Image

Which one did you use for Fracas? I'm not at all familiar with these newer Target Master figures.

~ Grim


Fracas, the second from the left, is the torso and legs of Nightstick from Generations Selects Artfire with the arms and gun barrel of “Shrute” (AKA, Fracas) from the Siege Phantomstrike Squadron multipack. :)

I wanted to mix and match like this but I'm too much of a coward. I may still do it in the future. At any rate, I applaud you.
Re: Transformers Legacy Minerva Found at U.S. Retail (2140328)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 3rd, 2022 @ 10:48am CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:“Shrute” (AKA, Fracas) from the Siege Phantomstrike Squadron multipack. :)
Shrute isn't Fracas. He's Hairsplitter, one of Spinister's two Targetmasters. Fracas is the other Targetmaster in that same set.

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars BOUNTY HUNTERS #18 var Marvel Comics 2021 SEP211026 (CA) Acuna"
Star Wars BOUNTY H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK #3 Cvr C IDW Comics 2023 OCT221738 3C (CA) Kangas (W) Kelly + Lanzing"
STAR TREK #3 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Trek Deep Space Nine DOG WAR #3 Cvr F RI 1:50 IDW Comics 3F 3RI (CA) Kangas"
Star Trek Deep Spa ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR WARS #28 Marvel Comics 2022 AUG220942 (CA) Gist (W) Soule (A) Genolet"
STAR WARS #28 Marv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #3 Cvr C Dynamite Comics 2023 JUL230280 3C (CA) Andolfo"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars MANDALORIAN #1 var Marvel Comics 2022 APR221007 (CA) Shalvey"
Star Wars MANDALOR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #9 Cvr J 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney JUN230688 9J (CA) Kambadais"
GARGOYLES #9 Cvr J ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #12 Cvr I 1:10 Dynamite Comics SEP230265 12I (CA) Fleecs + Forstner"
GARGOYLES #12 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR WARS #24 var action figure Marvel Comics 2022 MAR221108 (CA) Christopher"
STAR WARS #24 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR WARS #21 var Marvel Comics 2022 NOV210968 (CA) Pagulayan (W) Soule"
STAR WARS #21 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Trek DS9 DOG WAR #5 Cvr F 1:50 IDW Comics 2023 MAY231398 5F (CA) Shalvey"
Star Trek DS9 DOG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars DARTH VADER #32 var WHM Marvel Comics JAN230991 (CA) Momoko (W) Pak"
Star Wars DARTH VA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK #12 Cvr D 1:10 RI IDW Comics 2023 JUL231216 12D 12RI (CA) Ward"
STAR TREK #12 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Sonic The Hedgehog FANG THE HUNTER #1 Cvr C 1:10 RI IDW Comics 2024 NOV231046 1C"
NEW!
Sonic The Hedgehog ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #352 - Revenge of Buzzsaw
Twincast / Podcast #352:
"Revenge of Buzzsaw"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, June 15th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force 1-Step Changer Soundwave" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Onslaught Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON