This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review

Transformers News: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review

Friday, June 10th, 2022 4:09PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 39,023

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Transformers Legacy commander class Motormaster has been out in Australia for a little while now. We posted many in hand images but we never posted a video review. Some fans have sent some in and we are sharing this one from Grim, who reviewed it first after purchasing it at retail. Grim goes through the whole gamut, showing how to go from one mode to another. He even has the Arialbots come in to form the legs for fun.

Enjoy!

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2135814)
Posted by blackeyedprime on June 10th, 2022 @ 5:18pm CDT
Well, credit due where credits due, they increased the compatability with the stunticons in that they can all fit in the same box as motormaster.

Trailer not being able to store or at least release a stunticon sucks...at the very minimum they could have given it fold out pegs like on jetfire so bots could hitch a ride on the side of it. Those warrped wheels tho...that would be an instant return for refund for me.

The base mode...yeagh that's not compatable either other than some vbad looking terrain for them to hide behind and no ramp or little black car. Then to top that off not use any kind of connecting mechanism that they have a choice of using to link it to other bases, yikes.

The way the hands sit on bot mode is just off too they should be more central with the stunticon attached. Going to take a few upgrades to sort this thing out but nothing new there.

Shame Optimus Primes cab should have been the size of motormasters to begin with.
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2135817)
Posted by Cheetron on June 10th, 2022 @ 5:57pm CDT
I was on the no side of the fence. After seeing how it really is and for that price, that fence is so far behind me, I cannot see it. The wheels could be an isolated incident, but I'm not willing to gamble that much on a robot that looks that bad.
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2135828)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 11th, 2022 @ 12:14am CDT
Grahf_ wrote:To anyone who preordered Motormaster from Target when the preorders first went up during the "spend $50 save $10" and "spend $100 save $25" sales, please be aware that Target might try to cancel your preorders.

I received an email the other day stating that they would be cancelling the order due to the payment not being able to be processed. This sounds like my fault until I tell you that they put a hold for the funds as soon as the order was placed. Meaning that the funds were already set aside for the items so there's no reason why the payment couldn't be processed. I even used a brand new and unused card for this payment.

It wanted me to change the payment method. However, doing this voids the sale for some reason. I called up customer support and the nice man in India assured me that the order would not be cancelled and that everything about the order was fine on his and his "higher up's" end.

Today I check my email and the order is cancelled. It's Target.com, of course it is.

I can reorder them even though Motormaster is presold out. But again, this voids the sale.

So I called them back up and got a different nice man in India to help me. I explained to him that the reason why it was cancelled was because Target.com seems to hate when people preorder items while on sale and they have the tendency to cancel them. Which is true as most of us can attest to over the years as it seem most cancelled preorders happen when they put up Hasbro preorders while they're running a sale. I also told him that the had been on hold so the funds were always available for the order and that the previous nice man in India told me that everything was going to be fine and not be cancelled.

So this new nice man in India went to his "higher up" and came back to me with an acceptable offer. He told me that not only will he be able to honor the $25 off if I were to repurchase everything on the payment method of my choice but he was going at add an additional $15 off for a grand total of $40 off. However, the full amount was charged first which totaled $109 (I got Blue Marvel as well to bring it up to $100 for the sale). Then I received a refund of $40 and any applicable taxes.



So just be aware that there's a chance Target might try and cancel your preorder if you got it on sale and you can technically still get the sale price if you talk to them to explain. They might even give you a little extra off if they mess something up like they did for me.



I just don't understand how they couldn't process the payment even though they had a hold on the funds the entire time. It's not like I could use that money once the hold was in place. After it was cancelled, my available funds went up by the amount that was on hold. So again, they had the money the entire time but somehow couldn't process the payment. I never have problems anywhere other than Target.com.

This happpens all the time, it's pretty well known around here that ordering from target.com is basically a waste of time.
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2135870)
Posted by Slashercon on June 11th, 2022 @ 8:54pm CDT
Grahf_ wrote:To anyone who preordered Motormaster from Target when the preorders first went up during the "spend $50 save $10" and "spend $100 save $25" sales, please be aware that Target might try to cancel your preorders.

I received an email the other day stating that they would be cancelling the order due to the payment not being able to be processed. This sounds like my fault until I tell you that they put a hold for the funds as soon as the order was placed. Meaning that the funds were already set aside for the items so there's no reason why the payment couldn't be processed. I even used a brand new and unused card for this payment.

It wanted me to change the payment method. However, doing this voids the sale for some reason. I called up customer support and the nice man in India assured me that the order would not be cancelled and that everything about the order was fine on his and his "higher up's" end.

Today I check my email and the order is cancelled. It's Target.com, of course it is.

I can reorder them even though Motormaster is presold out. But again, this voids the sale.

So I called them back up and got a different nice man in India to help me. I explained to him that the reason why it was cancelled was because Target.com seems to hate when people preorder items while on sale and they have the tendency to cancel them. Which is true as most of us can attest to over the years as it seem most cancelled preorders happen when they put up Hasbro preorders while they're running a sale. I also told him that the had been on hold so the funds were always available for the order and that the previous nice man in India told me that everything was going to be fine and not be cancelled.

So this new nice man in India went to his "higher up" and came back to me with an acceptable offer. He told me that not only will he be able to honor the $25 off if I were to repurchase everything on the payment method of my choice but he was going at add an additional $15 off for a grand total of $40 off. However, the full amount was charged first which totaled $109 (I got Blue Marvel as well to bring it up to $100 for the sale). Then I received a refund of $40 and any applicable taxes.



So just be aware that there's a chance Target might try and cancel your preorder if you got it on sale and you can technically still get the sale price if you talk to them to explain. They might even give you a little extra off if they mess something up like they did for me.



I just don't understand how they couldn't process the payment even though they had a hold on the funds the entire time. It's not like I could use that money once the hold was in place. After it was cancelled, my available funds went up by the amount that was on hold. So again, they had the money the entire time but somehow couldn't process the payment. I never have problems anywhere other than Target.com.


This whole scenario sums up my experience trying to preorder items from wave 2 of Earthrise...almost down to the tee with the sale and everything. And in the end, I think it wound up getting cancelled anyway.
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2135871)
Posted by william-james88 on June 11th, 2022 @ 9:03pm CDT
I don't pre-order anything from the mainline, I've never seen a point to it. I only do it for exclusives.
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2135873)
Posted by william-james88 on June 11th, 2022 @ 10:05pm CDT
The wave 2 core class figures for Legacy have been ready for distribution for a while now. We saw them available in the east and now they are popping up at specialty stores in the west, like Time Warp Toys in south St Louis, Missouri, which is where TF fan Patrickab7 found Shockwave. He took a few images to show us the toy in hand. We also have more in hand images of the upcoming Ransack who is in an exclusive Buzzworthy Bumblebee 4 pack. Those come from a Chefatron review.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2135876)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 12th, 2022 @ 3:57am CDT
So there is a peg on the bottom! Also it looks like a nicely shrunk down version of Siege Shockwave's alt mode
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2135878)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on June 12th, 2022 @ 7:22am CDT
Emerje wrote:
o.supreme wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
cloudballoon wrote:If Hasbro can add like half an inch to lower legs and add a ratcheted swivel below the knee, then fans can choose either toy or toon accurate leg modes (car in front/back),
Both toy and toon had cars in the back. It was only Combiner Wars that reversed it.


or as I like to call it, Toy Commercial Animation vs Animated Series design.

Image

I've always wondered how the animators for the cartoon and commercial (and some of the artists of the day) screwed up so colossally as to get the legs upside down (and Drag Strip in the commercial). I know the animations were full of errors, but that's such a weird mistake to make. I wonder if nobody actually looked at the toy and drew Menasor based on description only.

Emerje


It is one of the reasons I've always said Menasor is so Fugly. The worst looking combiner in G1. In every other Gestalt, a team member represents it's own limb. Not just a casing over a hollow skeleton.
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2135894)
Posted by MaximalNui on June 12th, 2022 @ 4:53pm CDT
So I guess they moved away from the Energon weapon gimmick? So far the only new reveal with one was the Commander Blitzwing; not even Cybertron Metroplex has one. Which is a pity, because I actually really liked the gimmick: it was a unifying factor among different characters and styles (or potential styles, looking at you "Prime Universe" Bulkhead and Knock Out) and since it was just an accessory it was perfectly non-intrusive and optional for those who preferred a more accurate figure display.
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2135898)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on June 12th, 2022 @ 6:03pm CDT
MaximalNui wrote:So I guess they moved away from the Energon weapon gimmick? So far the only new reveal with one was the Commander Blitzwing; not even Cybertron Metroplex has one. Which is a pity, because I actually really liked the gimmick: it was a unifying factor among different characters and styles (or potential styles, looking at you "Prime Universe" Bulkhead and Knock Out) and since it was just an accessory it was perfectly non-intrusive and optional for those who preferred a more accurate figure display.
Not every Energon weapon is clear plastic. The product descriptions call out the following Wave 2 figures as having Energon weapons:
-Leader Blitzwing (the rocket hands)
-Elita-1 (clear rifles)
-Knock-Out (clear "shield" that combines with his rifle to become the spear)
-Tarantulas (painted buzzsaw)
-Jhiaxus (painted red gun)
And on top of that, the designers have referred to all Deluxe Stunticons so far as having Dark Energon blasters, even though the product descriptions have forgone mentioning them in favor of talking about Menasor.
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2135899)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 12th, 2022 @ 6:08pm CDT
MaximalNui wrote:So I guess they moved away from the Energon weapon gimmick? So far the only new reveal with one was the Commander Blitzwing; not even Cybertron Metroplex has one. Which is a pity, because I actually really liked the gimmick: it was a unifying factor among different characters and styles (or potential styles, looking at you "Prime Universe" Bulkhead and Knock Out) and since it was just an accessory it was perfectly non-intrusive and optional for those who preferred a more accurate figure display.
Elita-1 has Twin Energon Blasters, Knock Out has an Energon Shield, Tarantulas has an Energon buzzsaw, and Wildrider has Energon Blasters that shoot Dark Energon (same case as Drag Strip's guns).

Not all are translucent plastic, but that's what Hasbro called them upon their official reveal.
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2135904)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on June 12th, 2022 @ 10:26pm CDT
The more I’ve seen of Menasor, the more I’m excited to have him in my collection.
I can’t say I’m more excited about any 1 (or even 4) of the Stunticons than I am for Sludge, but in the grand scheme, Hastak has done a really solid job with what we’ve seen so far.
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2135905)
Posted by Autobot N on June 12th, 2022 @ 10:44pm CDT
Jtprime found some new listings for a Crossover and what is likely Earthspark, so it's not out of the question that we get some Legacy year 2 listings soon
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2135913)
Posted by DeathReviews on June 13th, 2022 @ 9:03am CDT
As much as I dissed Kickback, Legacy Ransack somehow looks better. Maybe it's the new head sculpt, or the blaring yellow... But am I going to buy a 4-pack just to get that one figure? Fat chance. Especially if it's more repaints that I don't like.
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2135914)
Posted by RodimusPrimeUkraine1 on June 13th, 2022 @ 9:12am CDT
Emerje wrote:
o.supreme wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
cloudballoon wrote:
If Hasbro can add like half an inch to lower legs and add a ratcheted swivel below the knee, then fans can choose either toy or toon accurate leg modes (car in front/back),
Both toy and toon had cars in the back. It was only Combiner Wars that reversed it.


or as I like to call it, Toy Commercial Animation vs Animated Series design.

Image

I've always wondered how the animators for the cartoon and commercial (and some of the artists of the day) screwed up so colossally as to get the legs upside down (and Drag Strip in the commercial). I know the animations were full of errors, but that's such a weird mistake to make. I wonder if nobody actually looked at the toy and drew Menasor based on description only.

Emerje


It is one of the reasons I've always said Menasor is so Fugly. The worst looking combiner in G1. In every other Gestalt, a team member represents it's own limb. Not just a casing over a hollow skeleton.


Well if you look closely, in the cartoon, you can kind of see the bottom of the car mode (in the legs) in combined mode. That's how I thought it worked, but apparently not. :shock:
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2135915)
Posted by o.supreme on June 13th, 2022 @ 9:19am CDT
DeathReviews wrote:As much as I dissed Kickback, Legacy Ransack somehow looks better. Maybe it's the new head sculpt, or the blaring yellow... But am I going to buy a 4-pack just to get that one figure? Fat chance. Especially if it's more repaints that I don't like.


Yeah I'm not sure where Hasbros logic is. I know they want to play into the whole "multiverse" angle but having one obvious stand out character in these sets ( Previously Fangry) and now, Ransack, seems odd.

Kids won't care, and parents wanting to get a " battle in a box" won't care either, but most fans who obviously want the one one toy made with them in mind will pass,

These should have been sold as Selects. Packs of multiple characters do much better when there is a more united theme than " 4 randos from across dimensions* . When Target asked for a multipacks set they probably were thinking of some sort of unified team, or theme at least.
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2135916)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 13th, 2022 @ 9:36am CDT
o.supreme wrote:
DeathReviews wrote:As much as I dissed Kickback, Legacy Ransack somehow looks better. Maybe it's the new head sculpt, or the blaring yellow... But am I going to buy a 4-pack just to get that one figure? Fat chance. Especially if it's more repaints that I don't like.


Yeah I'm not sure where Hasbros logic is. I know they want to play into the whole "multiverse" angle but having one obvious stand out character in these sets ( Previously Fangry) and now, Ransack, seems odd.

Kids won't care, and parents wanting to get a " battle in a box" won't care either, but most fans who obviously want the one one toy made with them in mind will pass,

These should have been sold as Selects. Packs of multiple characters do much better when there is a more united theme than " 4 randos from across dimensions* . When Target asked for a multipacks set they probably were thinking of some sort of unified team, or theme at least.

I have a feeling that target only cares as long as it sells, mo matter the buyer.
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2135917)
Posted by Autobot N on June 13th, 2022 @ 9:39am CDT
o.supreme wrote:When Target asked for a multipacks set they probably were thinking of some sort of unified team, or theme at least.
Well they must have been satisfied with the performance of the last pack if they asked for another one
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2135921)
Posted by o.supreme on June 13th, 2022 @ 10:52am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:I have a feeling that target only cares as long as it sells, no matter the buyer.


I suppose. How well did it sell though? I know many people weren't able to find it because of poor distribution, whereas, at least one of my Targets had them in stock when a 25% off sale was occurring so who knows.
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2135929)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 13th, 2022 @ 12:32pm CDT
I'd say it sold well enough that they didn't turn the offer down for another set.
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2135942)
Posted by MaximalNui on June 13th, 2022 @ 5:37pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:Not every Energon weapon is clear plastic. The product descriptions call out the following Wave 2 figures as having Energon weapons:
-Leader Blitzwing (the rocket hands)
-Elita-1 (clear rifles)
-Knock-Out (clear "shield" that combines with his rifle to become the spear)
-Tarantulas (painted buzzsaw)
-Jhiaxus (painted red gun)
And on top of that, the designers have referred to all Deluxe Stunticons so far as having Dark Energon blasters, even though the product descriptions have forgone mentioning them in favor of talking about Menasor.

Sabrblade wrote:Elita-1 has Twin Energon Blasters, Knock Out has an Energon Shield, Tarantulas has an Energon buzzsaw, and Wildrider has Energon Blasters that shoot Dark Energon (same case as Drag Strip's guns).

Not all are translucent plastic, but that's what Hasbro called them upon their official reveal.

Oh, so it wasn't abandoned; it's just really inconsistent.
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2135948)
Posted by Emerje on June 13th, 2022 @ 8:30pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:I have a feeling that target only cares as long as it sells, no matter the buyer.


I suppose. How well did it sell though? I know many people weren't able to find it because of poor distribution, whereas, at least one of my Targets had them in stock when a 25% off sale was occurring so who knows.

For Target they were very hard to find. Many stores never got them and they sold out literally instantly when they appeared online. Having them make it to clearance was certainly an anomaly. As a TRU Canada exclusive it definitely was better stocked and lingered. I watch a few Canadians on YouTube (Laura Legends and Mathew Mercy) who have done TRU walking tours where the four pack was very visible on center aisle displays. Not to mention our own Canadians taking pictures of them on display so they definitely weren't rare up there.

To me it's obvious that Hasbro is looking for one good figure for a set that will hook buyers and Ransack appears to be the figure for this set (though I'm sure Hasbro is thinking Goldbug who we haven't seen yet). I doubt Target is picking the figures for these sets and with Buzzworthy Bumblebee being an undeniable success for them they probably leave the choices up to Hasbro, I doubt they're making any sort of requests beyond "a four pack". I'm curious how the price will compare to the previous set since there isn't a Voyager in it, I don't think we've seen a computer listing yet.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2135998)
Posted by MaximalNui on June 15th, 2022 @ 5:11pm CDT
Wonder when we'll see anything about that "Energon Monster" the leaked listings talked about.
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2136022)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 15th, 2022 @ 7:45pm CDT
Why do I actually like Ransack? He's surprisingly attractive
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2136038)
Posted by o.supreme on June 15th, 2022 @ 10:31pm CDT
Emerje wrote:For Target they were very hard to find. Many stores never got them and they sold out literally instantly when they appeared online. Having them make it to clearance was certainly an anomaly.


Agreed. I stated in my original post, that some Target stores didn't get them at all because of poor distribution, I understand that. Also I said it was on SALE at 25% off, not on Clearance. I've made the same mistake before, but I'm learning there is a difference:



Lastly, I was a bit surprised when I reached out to Scott himself, and he is going to create a discussion video around this exact topic: Why a single toy, that is highly desired by adult collectors would be in a multi-pack of less desirable toys. Of course as stated, the real world answer is most likely- "Target doesn't care as long as it sells", but it should be fun to watch when it comes out, probably within the next week or so.

I mean I'm not perfect. I purchased BOTH Titans Return Giftsets with Random characters, but I found ways to justify in my mind how to integrate certain characters into my collection that didn't really fit. However I couldn't do the same with the Buzzworthy pack from last year, nor can I do it with the upcoming one this year.
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2136102)
Posted by william-james88 on June 17th, 2022 @ 11:29am CDT
o.supreme wrote: Why a single toy, that is highly desired by adult collectors would be in a multi-pack of less desirable toys.


I thought we knew that, no? It's a selling point for the 4 pack. Also, in the cases where this more sought after toy has new parts, the selling of it along with toys that don't makes the overall budget work better.

Also, Scott needs to work on proofreading his thumbnails
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2136103)
Posted by william-james88 on June 17th, 2022 @ 11:34am CDT
It's surprising we don't have a review for Legacy core class Shockwave yet, since this toy is out in the east. But we do have more in hand pics instead. This are clearer than the previous ones and give a good look at the toy from various angles along with a comparison to this year's other core class Shockwave.

He and his wavemates should appear shortly in the west.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2136105)
Posted by Evil Eye on June 17th, 2022 @ 11:56am CDT
Colour breakup could be better but he looks fun! But then I love me some Shockwaves so I'm biased
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2136109)
Posted by cloudballoon on June 17th, 2022 @ 12:43pm CDT
No comparison to TR version, which he got a closer transformation scheme and G1 homage design?
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2136110)
Posted by DeathReviews on June 17th, 2022 @ 12:51pm CDT
Haha - Shockwave's back and he brought PIZZA
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2136111)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 17th, 2022 @ 12:59pm CDT
I do actually quite the look of that Shockwave
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2136118)
Posted by o.supreme on June 17th, 2022 @ 1:41pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Also, Scott needs to work on proofreading his thumbnails


For sure, especially if he is charging $150.00 an hour as a consultant. ;)
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2136123)
Posted by william-james88 on June 17th, 2022 @ 2:30pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Also, Scott needs to work on proofreading his thumbnails


For sure, especially if he is charging $150.00 an hour as a consultant. ;)


Hahahahaha
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2136129)
Posted by o.supreme on June 17th, 2022 @ 3:45pm CDT
So...I just watched a legit review of Legacy Blitzwing from emgo. Those Hulk hands just make no sense. I mean, it's not something the character ever had. If they wanted to stick with the Energon weapon theme, they could have made the guns out of translucent plastic. I know the figure itself it pretty solid with few gaps, but if they had extra budget for tooling, it could have been better spent elsewhere.
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2136130)
Posted by william-james88 on June 17th, 2022 @ 3:58pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:So...I just watched a legit review of Legacy Blitzwing from emgo. Those Hulk hands just make no sense. I mean, it's not something the character ever had. If they wanted to stick with the Energon weapon theme, they could have made the guns out of translucent plastic. I know the figure itself it pretty solid with few gaps, but if they had extra budget for tooling, it could have been better spent elsewhere.


I completely agree.
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2136131)
Posted by blackeyedprime on June 17th, 2022 @ 5:02pm CDT
Tank mode was pretty gappy from top down and the weird white decepticon symbols that are broken up by too much panelling are a bit off putting on his legs. Happily sticking to Takara Legends Blitwing. Seems like something that the RED version or Ultimates version is going to outclass.

also beyond me why they tried to keep the semi car6toon accurate ram bar/cockpit when they went and coverered up the tank treads for zero accuracy.
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2136138)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 17th, 2022 @ 11:39pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:So...I just watched a legit review of Legacy Blitzwing from emgo. Those Hulk hands just make no sense. I mean, it's not something the character ever had. If they wanted to stick with the Energon weapon theme, they could have made the guns out of translucent plastic. I know the figure itself it pretty solid with few gaps, but if they had extra budget for tooling, it could have been better spent elsewhere.
I guess somebody at Hasbro was operating under "Rule of Cool" when they thought of it.

Sometimes "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if...?" is all it takes for companies to run with the weirdest ideas that make no sense to us consumers while said companies think they're neat and innovative.

It's probably the same line of thinking that gave us Wheeljack, of all Autobots, as a sword-swinging, rule-breaking, lone-wolf Wrecker in TF: Prime.
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2136147)
Posted by MeGrimlock78 on June 18th, 2022 @ 7:19am CDT
Oh! The radar dish is a gun! It always looked to me like he was just holding the disk in some weird clawed hand...
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2136150)
Posted by Overcracker on June 18th, 2022 @ 9:09am CDT
Blitzing has issues... and questionable decisions all around.

Those "Energon" hands are totally out of left field. Unless they are entirely mean for someone else.

Otherwise, its like let's take budget away from the main figure for these useless hands....

He does have some clever bits though, and the tank mode looks pretty good, so there's that.
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2136152)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on June 18th, 2022 @ 10:21am CDT
I’m still excited for Blitzwing.
He’s right up there towards the top of my most wanted list.
The bot mode is really well done, & is enough for me. The jet mode is obvsly a letdown, but I’m good with the tank.

The energon hands are seriously a bad joke.
I don’t love blast effects, but a couple of those even would’ve been better.
It probably wouldn’t work for deluxe releases because of budget limitations, but for a leader, why not build on the included weapons (or at least 1-2)…
The energon-infused weapon could’ve been a similarly shaped sword, but much larger, with a transparent blade.
A similarly shaped blaster, again much larger, with a semi-transparent barrel.
And any leftover budget, again, throw in a couple blast effects;
While intended to show the upped power of the energon weapons, of course they could be used with the regular weapons, the alt modes, & almost any other figure.

These hands are supposed to be an extra play feature/gimmick, yet they just suck.
I won’t use them at all; not for any of Blitzy’s modes, & not with any other figure…
They really are a complete waste.
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2136155)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 18th, 2022 @ 11:02am CDT
Ironically the hands are my favourite part of this :lol: though their inclusion is a head scratcher.

Incidentally, do we know of all the leader class figures for Legacy now?
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2136156)
Posted by Evil Eye on June 18th, 2022 @ 11:42am CDT
Power fists are always cool and when I heard we were having them I was kinda stoked. The problem is that, even disregarding the rest of the figure's issues, they aren't very good. Vehicle storage kinda sucks, they're completely inarticulate aside from the wrists (a crime as big poseable hands are like peak fun as far as toys go) and they're not even fists! If Blitzwing punched an Autobot with those, he'd end up with broken fingers!
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2136158)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on June 18th, 2022 @ 12:21pm CDT
Evil Eye wrote:Power fists are always cool and when I heard we were having them I was kinda stoked. The problem is that, even disregarding the rest of the figure's issues, they aren't very good. Vehicle storage kinda sucks, they're completely inarticulate aside from the wrists (a crime as big poseable hands are like peak fun as far as toys go) and they're not even fists! If Blitzwing punched an Autobot with those, he'd end up with broken fingers!


Good points…
Power fists probably could be cool if done right.
But what are these, “chop hands”??
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2136159)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 18th, 2022 @ 12:35pm CDT
Sowndwave76 wrote:
Evil Eye wrote:Power fists are always cool and when I heard we were having them I was kinda stoked. The problem is that, even disregarding the rest of the figure's issues, they aren't very good. Vehicle storage kinda sucks, they're completely inarticulate aside from the wrists (a crime as big poseable hands are like peak fun as far as toys go) and they're not even fists! If Blitzwing punched an Autobot with those, he'd end up with broken fingers!


Good points…
Power fists probably could be cool if done right.
But what are these, “chop hands”??
Finger cannons, I guess.

Which, admittedly, does sound cool on paper. But still odd for Blitzwing.
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2136160)
Posted by Till-all-R1 on June 18th, 2022 @ 12:59pm CDT
Sowndwave76 wrote:I’m still excited for Blitzwing.
He’s right up there towards the top of my most wanted list.
The bot mode is really well done, & is enough for me.

Same here, as someone who primarily buys them for the "bot" look anyway this version suits my needs.

That said maybe I could have saved a few Dollars on a R.E.D. version but IMO those do look cheap and I still want a "Transformer" not an "action figure" of said characters because I do occasionally enjoy transforming them.

It is unfortunate about the alt modes looking the way they do but I've come to accept this from the modern iterations, after all even the classic toys looked this way after a couple years of use/play.
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2136175)
Posted by william-james88 on June 18th, 2022 @ 8:58pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Ironically the hands are my favourite part of this :lol: though their inclusion is a head scratcher.

Incidentally, do we know of all the leader class figures for Legacy now?


Yes, but not all have been revealed. Still missing TM2 Megatron.
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2136192)
Posted by RodimusPrimeUkraine1 on June 19th, 2022 @ 12:07am CDT
Wow I am behind on this chat! My computer has been acting up lately. Anyways, I'm loving legacy so far, just picked up a Blaster (too lazy to put it in the toy hauls thread) Great figure, and Menosaur looks awesome. Motormaster seems like he has some nice engineering, it's perfect. Just wish that Menosaur had a blackjack, no matter how "inaccurate" it is. Maybe there will be a upgrade kit for that. Doesn't matter though, I will never have Menasor, I don't have the space or money, and other figures were chosen over him :(
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2136193)
Posted by RodimusPrimeUkraine1 on June 19th, 2022 @ 12:08am CDT
Wow I am behind on this chat! My computer has been acting up lately. Anyways, I'm loving legacy so far, just picked up a Blaster (too lazy to put it in the toy hauls thread) Great figure, and Menosaur looks awesome. Motormaster seems like he has some nice engineering, it's perfect. Just wish that Menosaur had a blackjack, no matter how "inaccurate" it is. Maybe there will be a upgrade kit for that. Doesn't matter though, I will never have Menasor, I don't have the space or money, and other figures were chosen over him :(
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2136198)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 19th, 2022 @ 5:24am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Ironically the hands are my favourite part of this :lol: though their inclusion is a head scratcher.

Incidentally, do we know of all the leader class figures for Legacy now?


Yes, but not all have been revealed. Still missing TM2 Megatron.

Ah yes, completely forgot about him :lol:
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster Video Review (2136213)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 19th, 2022 @ 10:49am CDT
Shockwave looks neat. Since my CW one will remain Bruticus' gun, this one will do to go with the other tiny trouble makers

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLIFFJUMPER Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +05 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
CLIFFJUMPER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AIRAZOR Transformers Studio Series 97 Deluxe Rise Beasts ROTB Hasbro 2023 New"
AIRAZOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +04 Voyager WFC IN-STOCK 08/08"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASERBEAK Transformers Studio Series Core Class Pink Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
LASERBEAK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Dark of the Moon DOTM 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELJACK Transformers Studio Series 81 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELJACK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RATCHET Transformers Studio Series 82 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
RATCHET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RAVAGE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
RAVAGE Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +06 Voyager WFC 2024 New"
NEW!
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SIDEWAYS Transformers Studio Series 88 Movie ROTF Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
SIDEWAYS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +01 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #343 - In the Future Year 2000
Twincast / Podcast #343:
"In the Future Year 2000"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, February 10th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON