This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive

Transformers News: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive

Tuesday, March 13th, 2012 11:23AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables, Store News
Posted by: GetRightRobot   Views: 58,959

This page may contain affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Amazon.co.jp has listed a pre-order for the region exclusive Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Sunstorm. The pre-order's price: 13,650 yen or roughly $165. This set will include the Coronation kit found on MP-11 Starscream and also feature the Seeker mold modifcations. The release date is set for August 25th, 2012. Check out some images below or click here to view the pre-order.

Credit(s): Amazon.co.jp

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1357989)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 13th, 2012 @ 11:27am CDT
GetRightRobot wrote:This set will include the Coronation kit found on MP-11 Starscream and also feature the Seeker mold modifcations.

I thought MP-11 was a whole new mold?

And Sunstorm really does look majestic with the coronation pieces, befitting his god complex.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1357998)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on March 13th, 2012 @ 11:58am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I thought MP-11 was a whole new mold?

Damn Your right that is Majestic and Manly :michaelbay:
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358014)
Posted by Psychout on March 13th, 2012 @ 12:29pm CDT
If by 'majestic and manly' you mean 'eye-raping and fugly', then I might agree.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358016)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on March 13th, 2012 @ 12:33pm CDT
Psychout wrote:If by 'majestic and manly' you mean 'eye-raping and fugly', then I might agree.

I like orange. And yes I engaged hyperbole...... Tis a bit Fugly
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358020)
Posted by Psychout on March 13th, 2012 @ 12:42pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:

I like orange. And yes I engaged hyperbole...... Tis a bit Fugly

Then well played 'Hammer. :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358023)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on March 13th, 2012 @ 12:50pm CDT
Psychout wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:

I like orange. And yes I engaged hyperbole...... Tis a bit Fugly

Then well played 'Hammer. :APPLAUSE:

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358042)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 13th, 2012 @ 1:18pm CDT
Wow. That f**king sux. Kiss my ass, Takara.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358045)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on March 13th, 2012 @ 1:26pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:Wow. That f**king sux. Kiss my ass, Takara.

Agreed and now who may that be as you're avatar?
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358055)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 13th, 2012 @ 1:48pm CDT
Well, I'm glad I didn't have any interest in it anyway, because it would suck trying to get ahold of this.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358067)
Posted by funeralthirst7 on March 13th, 2012 @ 2:33pm CDT
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358069)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on March 13th, 2012 @ 2:35pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I thought MP-11 was a whole new mold?

technically its an old mold. the seeker mold used is the origional prototype for masterpeice screamer that we were shown way way back in the day, before that one designer signed onto it and said screw you guys im making this a real jet.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358103)
Posted by rpetras on March 13th, 2012 @ 4:04pm CDT
For that price, not to mention the limited availability, I'd rather go with the iGear version.

I prefer the orange to the yellow anyway.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358110)
Posted by DISCHARGE on March 13th, 2012 @ 4:21pm CDT
funeralthirst7 wrote:$165 is way too high a price. $110 would get me interested. I'll wait for a clearance sale.

If it turns out like Unicron there won't be a clearance sale.

Any way, I thought it was brought up that Japan would get a limited production, while other markets would see a different production run for the rest of the world. Has the plan changed?

Is Sunstorm really gonna be yellow and orange? I'm not a fan of the two colors together on him, it looks strange. I do like the flame detail though.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358112)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 13th, 2012 @ 4:23pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:Wow. That f**king sux. Kiss my ass, Takara.

Agreed and now who may that be as you're avatar?

Rusyuna Tendou from the anime Grenadier.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358134)
Posted by Anonymous on March 13th, 2012 @ 5:22pm CDT
$160+ should have gotten you:
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358168)
Posted by Stormrider on March 13th, 2012 @ 6:32pm CDT
DISCHARGE wrote:

If it turns out like Unicron there won't be a clearance sale.

Yeah, I thought that production news was strange. I can confirm that Japan will be releasing these in limited amounts. I vaguely remember 1000. It doesn't make sense that this would be released in unlimited quantities in other markets.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358203)
Posted by Stormrider on March 13th, 2012 @ 7:42pm CDT
I'm not crazy about the two toned figure.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358227)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on March 13th, 2012 @ 8:52pm CDT
I may end up getting this. It will depend on when the Skywarp,Thundercracker repaints are released and how far down the road MP-Sideswipe is.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358249)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on March 13th, 2012 @ 10:18pm CDT
Not a comic fan, so I know little to nothing about Sunstorm, which makes him an easy pass. Not crazy about the colors, either.

About the MP-11 mold, does it retain the dual-expression gimmick?

I'm also worried about the feet. They don't look articulated at all. Is this the final version, or are is the toy used for the pics still just a prototype?
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358258)
Posted by metaphorge on March 13th, 2012 @ 10:34pm CDT
Court Jester wrote:
$160+ should have gotten you:
I have the iGear version. If the Takara version looked like the custom above I would have purchased it too.

The actual Takara version? Not so much.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358486)
Posted by Stormrider on March 14th, 2012 @ 7:12pm CDT
I might get this.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358504)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 14th, 2012 @ 8:37pm CDT
metaphorge wrote:
Court Jester wrote:
$160+ should have gotten you:

The actual Takara version? Not so much.

Wait.. you realize that the "custom above" IS the actual Takara version right?
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358506)
Posted by metaphorge on March 14th, 2012 @ 8:47pm CDT
GetRightRobot wrote:
metaphorge wrote:
Court Jester wrote:
$160+ should have gotten you:

The actual Takara version? Not so much.

Wait.. you realize that the "custom above" IS the actual Takara version right?

I'm sorry, but you are mistaken. The photo above shows a custom by FrenzyRumble that was posted as a placeholder image by YaHobby.

You posted the photo of the vastly inferior two-toned Takara version yourself:

The differences should be pretty immediately obvious, beginning with Takara's version being a straight repaint of MP-11 Starscream....

(When YaHobby posted the picture of the custom I erroneously submitted it as news, making the same mistake you did until Mkall set me straight.)
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358510)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 14th, 2012 @ 8:57pm CDT
metaphorge wrote:
GetRightRobot wrote:
metaphorge wrote:
Court Jester wrote:
$160+ should have gotten you:

The actual Takara version? Not so much.

Wait.. you realize that the "custom above" IS the actual Takara version right?

You posted the photo of the vastly inferior two-toned Takara version yourself:

Ok yea I get that, but in your quoted statement, the above pictured Sunstorm is NOT the frenzyrumble custom. Are we talking about the same pic? The one featuring the cape and the crown right? That is the Takara version. I'm familiar with frenzyrumble, love his work, but looking at your comment, the above pictured Sunstorm is NOT the custom. Am I confused?
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358511)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 14th, 2012 @ 9:00pm CDT
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358514)
Posted by metaphorge on March 14th, 2012 @ 9:09pm CDT
GetRightRobot wrote:
metaphorge wrote:
GetRightRobot wrote:
metaphorge wrote:
Court Jester wrote:
$160+ should have gotten you:

The actual Takara version? Not so much.

Wait.. you realize that the "custom above" IS the actual Takara version right?

You posted the photo of the vastly inferior two-toned Takara version yourself:

I think there is some confusion.
I would buy a Sunstorm that looked like this one in this photograph (F-R's custom) IF it were Takara's MP-11:

I will not buy this, Takara's actual MP-11S, because it sucks:

Image.

I'm not sure how our signals got crossed.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358516)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 14th, 2012 @ 9:12pm CDT
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358521)
Posted by metaphorge on March 14th, 2012 @ 9:30pm CDT
GetRightRobot wrote:HAHA! Clarification! Yes. That.

We were ambushed by a browser caching issue. :D

GetRightRobot wrote:The Tak version doesn't do anything for me either. And why would we need a Sunstorm with coronation gear?

Because Takara wanted to sell a repaint for the same price but didn't want to create alternate add-ons?
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358523)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 14th, 2012 @ 9:32pm CDT
metaphorge wrote:
GetRightRobot wrote:HAHA! Clarification! Yes. That. The Tak version doesn't do anything for me either. And why would we need a Sunstorm with coronation gear?

We were ambushed by a browser caching issue. :D

Nice work Detective! :BOWDOWN:
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358528)
Posted by Anonymous on March 14th, 2012 @ 9:55pm CDT

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358544)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on March 14th, 2012 @ 10:58pm CDT
Court Jester wrote: In other exciting news, it was a great day today! I went out for some sunshine, and had a great conversation with a sexy ass stranger - sync'd her contact info and everything including her Skype! Thanks 4G LTE! :DANCE:

Good for you! That's badass :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358556)
Posted by metaphorge on March 15th, 2012 @ 1:19am CDT
Court Jester wrote:Yes... YaHobby had the placeholder image of its Sunstorm preorder with FR's custom. I linked to that image as YaHobby was greenlit to utilize "official" MP11s stocks. I noticed it and changed it, but not before being quoted with YaHobby's link.
This was further complicated by YaHobby changing the image to a different one with the same name, which is why I still saw the custom and Get Right Robot saw MP-11S. Browser caches are funzzz. ;D

W00t on your strangerconvo!
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358761)
Posted by Stormrider on March 15th, 2012 @ 5:22pm CDT
GetRightRobot wrote:You'll notice the lack of cut plastic for the "flames" on the wings and the entirely different paint. The pictured you posted IS the Takara version.

You are not crazy. I got the same impression.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358778)
Posted by metaphorge on March 15th, 2012 @ 6:19pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:

You are not crazy. I got the same impression.
We figured out the [url=http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/transformers-masterpiece-mp-11s-announced-as-amazon-co-jp-exclusive-t85084s20.php#p1358521
]disconnect[/url] over PM.

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Power Rangers UNLIMITED COINLESS #1 Cvr A Boom Studios Comics 2023 APR230354 1A"
Power Rangers UNLI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #10 Cvr A Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney JUL231207 10A (CA) Nakayama"
GARGOYLES #10 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #1 Cvr C Boom Studios Comics 2022 OCT220271 1C (CA) Mora"
MMPR TMNT II #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #1 Cvr H 1:10 Dynamite Comics 2023 MAY230480 1H (CA) Lee"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #3 Cvr H 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2023 JUL230285 3H (CA) Crain"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #127 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 Ninja Turtles JAN220481 127A (CA) Tunica"
TMNT #127 Cvr A ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Usagi Yojimbo DRAGON BELLOW CONSPIRACY #4 IDW Comics 2021 JUL210507 (CA)Petersen"
Usagi Yojimbo DRAG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Urban Legends #26 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 APR200718 26B Turtles (CA) Kuhn"
TMNT Urban Legends ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT + USAGI YOJIMBO WHEREWHEN #1 Cvr B IDW Comics JAN231645 1B (CA) Eastman"
TMNT + USAGI YOJIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME ALLIANCE #4 Cvr B IDW Comics NOV221621 4B (CA) Campbell"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #7 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney APR230450 7B (CA) Conner"
GARGOYLES #7 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Best of BEBOP + ROCKSTEADY #1 IDW Comics 2023 Ninja Turtles AUG231437"
TMNT Best of BEBOP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT X STRANGER THINGS #2 Cvr C IDW Comics 2023 JUN231494 2C (CA) Woodall"
TMNT X STRANGER TH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv Halloween Special #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 AUG231432"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus