Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 with VW Bumblebee Found at Walmart Canada

Transformers News: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 with VW Bumblebee Found at Walmart Canada

Sunday, September 23rd, 2018 10:18PM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 10,237

Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 is slowly tricking in the US but it had not been found in Canada yet. That has now changed since fellow Seibertronian Kanrabat has found this wave at a Walmart in Laval, Canada. This is a rather particular wave since it is the first to incorporate toys from the current Bumblebee film in this line centered around toys of previous films. The new toys in this wave include Volkswagen Bumblebee, Dark of the Moon Ratchet and Shadow Raider. Thsese were priced at $29.99 CAD. The case contents can be found below:

CROWBAR X 1
BUMBLEBEE X 3
RATCHET X 2
RAIDER X 2

Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 with VW Bumblebee Found at Walmart Canada (1985636)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 24th, 2018 @ 4:12am CDT
So that Ratchet was the DOTM One? I should have included him in the picture as well.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 with VW Bumblebee Found at Walmart Canada (1985780)
Posted by Autobot N on September 24th, 2018 @ 4:11pm CDT
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 with VW Bumblebee Found at Walmart Canada (1985790)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 24th, 2018 @ 4:28pm CDT
Having seen the trailers, I will be really disappointed if we don't get a SS Shatter and Blitzwing to go with Dropkick, and even more disappointed if we don't get muscle far versions to go with the copter and jet versions of Shatter and Dropkick.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 with VW Bumblebee Found at Walmart Canada (1985802)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 24th, 2018 @ 5:01pm CDT
I think we will get other versions of Shatter and Dropkick, and one of Blitzwing. Though I would like to see if he's a triple changer but rumours about the movie aren't optimistic about him surviving long enough.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 with VW Bumblebee Found at Walmart Canada (1985900)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on September 25th, 2018 @ 1:40am CDT
Autobot N wrote:Y'know, Hasbro really needs to release a Studio Series figure of Starscream Blitzwing. Then they can redeco/retool it into Skywarp, Thundercracker, Ramjet, Thrust, Dirge, Sunstorm, Acid Storm, Slipstream and Red Wing, and then everyone would be happy.

Uh I wouldn't. I frickin' hate all those lazy repaints of seekers. Especially Acid Storm, Sunstorm and all those other colouring error ones. I like how it is now with Starscream and Thundercracker being completely different figures.

Anyways I've had to give up on my £33.99 VW Bee I ordered well over a month ago from eBay as it never turned up and I have to wait til Oct 4th before I can try claim my money back. I've now ordered one from Amazon.co.uk for £23.97 cos they're more available now and should be here by Saturday though my enthusiasm for the figure has decreased somewhat because my ethusiasm for the film has decreased a LOT (and if they start putting blocky G1-style bots into Studio Series I will be extremely annoyed, that's what all that Titans/PotP/Siege stuff is for that I generally don't bother with).
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 with VW Bumblebee Found at Walmart Canada (1985942)
Posted by Autobot N on September 25th, 2018 @ 7:07am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Especially Acid Storm, Sunstorm
picture.png
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 with VW Bumblebee Found at Walmart Canada (1986013)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on September 25th, 2018 @ 11:46am CDT
I wouldn’t mind an SS Blitzwing being retooled into Skywarp for SS, that way we’d have a Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp all with different molds, which I think is pretty cool.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 with VW Bumblebee Found at Walmart Canada (1986054)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 25th, 2018 @ 3:56pm CDT
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 with VW Bumblebee Found at Walmart Canada (1986062)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on September 25th, 2018 @ 4:37pm CDT
Well, post trailer I am definitely also on board for a Studio Series Shatter and 'Blitzwing' (I would probably use him as Ramjet or someone else), and have now added Acid Storm (or whatever that green Seeker's name will be) to my SS false hopes/bucket list along with Trench, because I know neither of them will actually get figures.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 with VW Bumblebee Found at Walmart Canada (1986076)
Posted by william-james88 on September 25th, 2018 @ 6:02pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I just want studio series versions of all 3 main cons from the movie. And I want muscle car alt modes.

Same, especially since it would be the ideal alt mode to form their chest.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 with VW Bumblebee Found at Walmart Canada (1986169)
Posted by william-james88 on September 26th, 2018 @ 10:49am CDT
While a lot of fans would like more Studio Series figures for characters from the Bumblebee movie, we have not seen new listings for characters like Shatter, Blitzwing or another Dripkick in his muscle car alt mode. Instead, we have found, thanks to Scotty P, a listing for a Studio Series Cogman. While this might be a new mold, the fact that there is such a strong link between the Studio Series and the TLK Premier Series line leads to the idea that this might simply be the same Cogman mld from that line reoffered, especially since the wave containing Cogman was skipped by the primary retailer market in the US (ie. Toysrus, Walmart, Target).

Along with Cogman, we remind you that there are also listings for an upcoming Drift, Scrapmetal and Hightower figure.

Here are the Amazon links below

Cogman
Drift
Scrapmetal
Hightower

Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 with VW Bumblebee Found at Walmart Canada (1986171)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 26th, 2018 @ 10:52am CDT
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 with VW Bumblebee Found at Walmart Canada (1986174)
Posted by kurthy on September 26th, 2018 @ 11:03am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Interesting, I would certainly pick up a cogman, though I do wonder when the studio series will cover the other characters from the bumblebee movie :-? Though trying to second guess hasbro is a lesson in futility.

Yep, I've moved on from trying to figure out the plan. I'm just happy when I get stuff I like and keep my mouth and wallet shut when I don't.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 with VW Bumblebee Found at Walmart Canada (1986175)
Posted by william-james88 on September 26th, 2018 @ 11:14am CDT

To be honest, while I want toysof all these bumblebee movie characters, seeing the Bumblebee makes me think its better we wait. At least now Hasbro has the full CG models and has a line where they can release these characters later. In most cases, the second toy of a character is better than the previous (Knight Optimus Prime, Hound, Crosshairs, Leader Prime from the early films, ect).
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 with VW Bumblebee Found at Walmart Canada (1986180)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 26th, 2018 @ 11:23am CDT
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 with VW Bumblebee Found at Walmart Canada (1986181)
Posted by william-james88 on September 26th, 2018 @ 11:32am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:That is true, still feels like a marketing misstep, but as long as we do get them eventually.

To be fair, all the marketting is going towards the toys aimed at younger kids. This film is aimed at them (more so than the previous) and so is that film's toyline. Hasbro is basically using us (fansites) as the marketting outlet for Studio Series and getting the word out.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 with VW Bumblebee Found at Walmart Canada (1986182)
Posted by Shuttershock on September 26th, 2018 @ 11:38am CDT
While Constructicons would be cool, I can’t help but think they’re a little outside of the size and price point of SS.

That, and I’d still prefer word of Bonecrusher and Hatchet to complete the teams.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 with VW Bumblebee Found at Walmart Canada (1986187)
Posted by Ig89ninja on September 26th, 2018 @ 12:27pm CDT
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 with VW Bumblebee Found at Walmart Canada (1986209)
Posted by william-james88 on September 26th, 2018 @ 2:31pm CDT
Fair Warning, there is not too much to see here, but enough to know what this release entails. The small image from the instruction booklet, found on weibo, shows us that Transformers Studio Series 32 Optimus Prime is indeed the very same voyager Optimus Prime toy we got in wave 1, at least in terms of the general toy. Of course, it is a black and white CAD image so we can't be sure about the colours. We do see that the abdominal area has not been remolded to look like the Dark of the Moon rendition of Optimus but we do see that there is at least one new thing, his gun.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 with VW Bumblebee Found at Walmart Canada (1986212)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on September 26th, 2018 @ 2:47pm CDT
Ig89ninja wrote:Please tell me these constructicons have the ability to combine :PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY:

I wouldn't count on it, we never got proper Triple-changing toys for the movie, with the two modes split between two toys.

Also, Devastator in the movie has more components than the 6 or 7 that ended up being released as toys. At the very least, the crane arm has an additional component for the "fingers". And let's not bring up the vehicles that form his... you know... :oops:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #209 - Under Siege
"Under Siege"
Posted: Sunday, October 7th, 2018

Buy "Transformers 2018 Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Quick Dig Boulder New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Bulkhead Arcee Wheeljack Cyberverse Legion Legends mini lot" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Rescan Morbot Action Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME RATCHET COMPLETE, Cyberverse Legion 2012" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark Of The Moon dotm Cyberverse Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Movie DOTM Cyberverse Powerglide Commander Legend Mini SizE" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Arctic Rescue Boulder  New!" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Quick Dig Boulder Action Figure" on EBAY