Transformers News: Upcoming Jada Die Cast Vehicles for Transformers G1, Bumblebee: the Movie & More

Wednesday, February 28th, 2018 8:24PM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: WreckerJack   Views: 20,863

Jada, whom is known for their die cast vehicles is at it again with some new models coming out this year. The blog T-Hunted informs fans of the upcoming release in form of a picture which shows us which characters will be available. So far we know there are two versions of Optimus Prime in both his G1 and Bayverse truck modes. There appear to be two Bumblebee cars as well, one is a Volkswagen beetle, the other is a mystery. It might be an altmode from the upcoming film that we are not allowed to see just yet. We would like to hear your theories about the mystery car on the boards.

Transformers News: Upcoming Jada Die Cast Vehicles for TLK and Possibly Bumblebee: the Movie
Credit(s): T-hunted
Re: Upcoming Jada Die Cast Vehicles for Transformers G1, Bumblebee: the Movie & More (1943303)
Posted by ShinkenPrime on March 2nd, 2018 @ 12:22am CST
I'm more excited about that Knight Rider one to be honest.......
Re: Upcoming Jada Die Cast Vehicles for Transformers G1, Bumblebee: the Movie & More (1943325)
Posted by primalxconvoy on March 2nd, 2018 @ 7:17am CST
PicsArt_1519883741253.jpg
Re: Upcoming Jada Die Cast Vehicles for Transformers G1, Bumblebee: the Movie & More (1943393)
Posted by hausjam on March 2nd, 2018 @ 3:27pm CST
I am still not a fan of Transformers that don't transform. But that G1 bumblebee looks too cute not to buy.
Re: Upcoming Jada Die Cast Vehicles for Transformers G1, Bumblebee: the Movie & More (1943612)
Posted by Galactic Prime on March 3rd, 2018 @ 6:12pm CST
Still don't know how we've managed to have like 35 years of TF toys and not Hot Wheels styled G1 Autobots have ever been made until now.
Re: Upcoming Jada Die Cast Vehicles for Transformers G1, Bumblebee: the Movie & More (1943617)
Posted by primalxconvoy on March 3rd, 2018 @ 6:22pm CST
Re: Upcoming Jada Die Cast Vehicles for Transformers G1, Bumblebee: the Movie & More (1943836)
Posted by Galactic Prime on March 4th, 2018 @ 5:08pm CST
primalxconvoy wrote:I suppose it's cost? You can buy most of these cars as they are real life versions in toy form already out there. All you need to do is put an Autobot sticker on them and call it a day. Why pay more for 2 licences?

You'd be hard pressed to find hot wheels versions of the 84 and 85 bots.

EDIT, I should add before you say it or anyone else does, that yes I am sure at some point there was cars similar enough, but Hot Wheels on the secondary market have insane pricing for a tiny diecast car.
Re: Upcoming Jada Die Cast Vehicles for Transformers G1, Bumblebee: the Movie & More (1943838)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 4th, 2018 @ 5:17pm CST
Galactic Prime wrote:

You'd be hard pressed to find hot wheels versions of the 84 and 85 bots.

This may be true for only specific models that are also MOSC. Because Hotwheels, Matchboxes and the like are common like ROACHES at thrift shops. Bags and bags of them for just a few bucks each. Sure, getting what you actually want may be around 1% chance. But anyone who just want an epic small die-cast cars collection can have a MASSIVE ammount in a few seconds for less than a McDonald's meal.
Re: Upcoming Jada Die Cast Vehicles for Transformers G1, Bumblebee: the Movie & More (1943840)
Posted by primalxconvoy on March 4th, 2018 @ 5:21pm CST
Galactic Prime wrote:

You'd be hard pressed to find hot wheels versions of the 84 and 85 bots.

That's not what I meant. I meant that any company making such cars only needs to pay for the CAR licence (plus some sponsors perhaps, for racing cars), rather than the TRANSFORMERS licence to release most of the G1 '84 Autobot cars. I'm sure there are Matchbox, Corgi, Hotwheels, Majorette, Tomicar versions already out there, too.
Re: Upcoming Jada Die Cast Vehicles for Transformers G1, Bumblebee: the Movie & More (1944158)
Posted by Emerje on March 6th, 2018 @ 12:59am CST
Part of the problem is that Hasbro has never really had much interest in die cast cars. Since Mattel owns the two big ones, Hot Wheels and Matchbox, it would be hard to compete on that front so they never made the effort. I'm sure it wouldn't have been worthwhile if they couldn't also use them as non-Transformers cars. They did buy Galoob for MicroMachines, but they were never as successful afterwards. Years later would start up the RPMs/SpeedStars lines with the first Transformers movie, but even rebranding couldn't save that line. It's best to let another company license the likenesses and take the loss.

Emerje
Re: Upcoming Jada Die Cast Vehicles for Transformers G1, Bumblebee: the Movie & More (1944656)
Posted by Bronzewolf on March 8th, 2018 @ 12:29am CST
Re: Upcoming Jada Die Cast Vehicles for Transformers G1, Bumblebee: the Movie & More (1944658)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 8th, 2018 @ 1:01am CST
Bronzewolf wrote:For the record, I did spot TLK wave 2 at my local Toys R Us this past weekend, now, as well as Target a few weeks ago. There may still be hope of actually spotting Wave 3 in brick and mortar. I need a Crosshairs.

I spotted Wave 3 at my TRU... but at $20 a pop I had to skip Strafe. Now it's all gone...

Keep an eye on your Walmarts, people! Voyagers at $13 and now Deluxes at $7 at my local one, not advertised! Have them scanned! Hopefully Wave 3 will be pushed out now...
Re: Upcoming Jada Die Cast Vehicles for Transformers G1, Bumblebee: the Movie & More (1944710)
Posted by beastwarsbrah on March 8th, 2018 @ 10:35am CST
The only voyager I need is hound and my local Wal-Mart has loads of him just sitting on the top shelf. I was waiting for him to go on clearance before biting. Gonna go scan him now thanks for the heads up JelZe
Re: Upcoming Jada Die Cast Vehicles for Transformers G1, Bumblebee: the Movie & More (1947230)
Posted by beastwarsbrah on March 20th, 2018 @ 10:28am CDT

I found dragonstorm at target,first one ive seen. I paid full price but it was well worth it, he is awesome.

One step dragonstorm is on sale for 20 bucks on target.com. For that price I couldn't pass. Ordered it last night and going to pick it up now.
Re: Upcoming Jada Die Cast Vehicles for Transformers G1, Bumblebee: the Movie & More (1947231)
Posted by william-james88 on March 20th, 2018 @ 10:35am CDT
beastwarsbrah wrote:Voyagers are now $7 at the 2 Wal-Mart's I checked. I got Hound, he is pretty solid no complaints other than the weird feet.

Which one? I think the legion is still MIA in the US. Also was the allspark Sqweaks and megatron ever found in the US?
Re: Upcoming Jada Die Cast Vehicles for Transformers G1, Bumblebee: the Movie & More (1947233)
Posted by beastwarsbrah on March 20th, 2018 @ 10:40am CDT
The leader. I haven't seen the legion yet but if I do he will join his dragon brothers.

For a long time the only allspark toy I saw was the starter pack or whatever with optimus. Last night I saw hound and drift at target but have not seen squeaks or Megatron yet.

Just picked up one step dragonstorm. I might be the only person who feels this way, but I love this figure! He is massive idc that he's pretty much a brick.
Re: Upcoming Jada Die Cast Vehicles for Transformers G1, Bumblebee: the Movie & More (1947675)
Posted by Bounti76 on March 23rd, 2018 @ 1:46am CDT
While the toyline for Transformers: The Last Knight effectively ended last year, there still are some figures that remain elusive. One of those figures is Deluxe Class Hot Rod, who, despite being a prominent character in the movie, had most of his toys in the U.S. lined up as Walmart exclusives. While this may have worked out in theory, the Autobots Unite subline (which all his U.S. toys were a part of) was effectively canceled at the 11th hour by the retailer, with his Deluxe Class and Legion Class toys only ever being available on Walmart's website-to this day he still has't been found at brick-and-mortar retail in the U.S. The Legion Class two-packs for the line ended up being dumped to discount retailers like Ross and T.J. Maxx.

This hasn't been the case in other parts of the world, where Hot Rod's Deluxe Class figure has appeared at regular retail. Friend of Seibertron Mike from Tilburg, Netherlands found this figure at Top 1 Toys in Tilburg, marking our first confirmed sighting of Hot Rod at Dutch retail.

Have you found Hot Rod in your country? Have you seen him at U.S. retail in person? Let us know and happy hunting for those hard to find figures!
Re: Upcoming Jada Die Cast Vehicles for Transformers G1, Bumblebee: the Movie & More (1950491)
Posted by Va'al on April 4th, 2018 @ 1:36am CDT
Courtesy of the official page of toy designer and artist Emiliano Santalucia, we have a look at Hasbro' All Spark Tech figure of Optimus / Nemesis Prime and the basic concept of the line, from Transformers: The Last Knight.

The images shown, and mirrored below for your viewing convenience, feature the basic parts of the toys that allow for the interchangeable cube cores to be inserted in the chest of the characters.As you can see from the initial concept design, the cubes were thought to be much smaller than what the figures ended up being after all. Give it a look, and join the Energon Pub conversation!

Re: Upcoming Jada Die Cast Vehicles for Transformers G1, Bumblebee: the Movie & More (1950494)
Posted by Hotconvoy on April 4th, 2018 @ 1:44am CDT
If only they were even close to being that cool :-P
Re: Upcoming Jada Die Cast Vehicles for Transformers G1, Bumblebee: the Movie & More (1950565)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on April 4th, 2018 @ 9:31am CDT
Agreed. The concept art is so much better then the final product.
Re: Upcoming Jada Die Cast Vehicles for Transformers G1, Bumblebee: the Movie & More (1950735)
Posted by Jack Hallows on April 4th, 2018 @ 5:52pm CDT
creative team:

& what’s up with the electrical outlet looking crotch? i mean sure, it’s a mechanical being, but... #-o agh, never mind. great concept, questionable execution.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #213 - How to Say Expensive and Mean It
"How to Say Expensive and Mean It"
Posted: Sunday, December 9th, 2018

Buy "Transformers G2 Motormouth Generation 2 GO-BOTS SEALED ON CARD MOC MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Motormouth Vintage Transformers Generation 2 G2 Go-Bots MOC Figure Car 1994 New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Mirage Generation 2 GO-BOTS SEALED ON CARD MOC MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS 'SIDESWIPE' SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON TRILOGY" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Deluxe Sideswipe Hound Skytread Cog Set 4" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 OPTIMUS PRIME vintage cab w Roller lot Autobots" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Sixshot     Reformatted Terminus Hexatron     KO Version." on EBAY
Buy "Blue Roller for Optimus Prime Rig Transformers G1 Autobot" on EBAY