Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Images

Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Images

Tuesday, May 3rd, 2011 7:28am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 41,230

Images have finally surfaced of the Voyager Class Sentinel Prime figure by way of Autobase Aichi. We see the figure in both modes with his new MechTech weapon, no sword or shield are seen. This may be nice alternative to those who don't wish to go all out and get the Leader Class version of the character, who we just happen to have a gallery of if you want to compare the two! The images are mirrored below.

Credit(s): Autobase Aichi, Autobot32

Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Images (1216504)
Posted by GuyIncognito on May 3rd, 2011 @ 7:45am CDT
That's really nice looking. I might skip the Leader and just get this instead. But I hope that "cape" comes off somehow. If that's permanent kibble, that sucks.

Then again, the Leader figures always go on sale for $20 or so eventually, so maybe I'll just wait for that.
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Images (1216505)
Posted by Jesterhead on May 3rd, 2011 @ 7:46am CDT
So much shell... :SICK:
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Images (1216523)
Posted by Shockwave. on May 3rd, 2011 @ 9:00am CDT
This is WORST! :BOOM: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BOOM: What is hasbro thinking of? The Leader class Sentinel Prime is way much better then this one! I will skip this one and thats for sure. ;)
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Images (1216536)
Posted by adamassc on May 3rd, 2011 @ 9:31am CDT
freaky777 wrote:Wow the vehicle with Mech Tech looks cooler than the leader one. But robot mode;leader class is vastly superior. Gonna pass on this.

Edit: I realized that the Autobot symbol at the back of the alt mode is like JetFire's Symbol as in scratched. I wonder if Sentienl Prime changed sides too..

It's probably more of an age thing than a side change. Jetfire and Sentinal Are both meant to be old, so maybe the worn symbol represents that.
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Images (1216545)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on May 3rd, 2011 @ 9:53am CDT
Dang, even the first movie Voyager class figures were better than this, and they didn't have it down packed like they did in ROTF.

I'm definitely sticking to my theory on this massive downgrade in complexity. Hasbro must have gotten a lot of complaints from parents with ROTF and the figures being to complex for kids. That's the only reason I can figure for such dumbed down designs.
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Images (1216571)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 3rd, 2011 @ 10:27am CDT
Hmm, looks okay, but I'll be getting the Leader version instead.
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Images (1216591)
Posted by Mykltron on May 3rd, 2011 @ 10:59am CDT
Oh dear.
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Images (1216615)
Posted by rpetras on May 3rd, 2011 @ 11:43am CDT
I was hoping there was going to be a Voyager version of Sentinel Prime.

Now I'm sorry I wished for that. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Images (1216620)
Posted by whacko on May 3rd, 2011 @ 11:50am CDT
Wow the mechtech weapons just look like crap almost universally. And the worst part is that Hasbro is skimping on the robot forms in order to give their plastic to those huge crappy guns.

Hasn't Hasbro realized in the last 25 years that were are buying the the toys for the cars and robots, and not their accessories?
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Images (1216701)
Posted by ubertenorman on May 3rd, 2011 @ 1:45pm CDT
This looks a lot better than most of the DOTM figures. Still not great though. Especially the cape...thing.

However, I prefer that mechtech gun to most of the other ones...it actually looks legitimately complex.
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Images (1216765)
Posted by Rodimus Minor on May 3rd, 2011 @ 4:54pm CDT
He doesn't look half bad I think If I'm short on Money I will buy this not the Leader but I think I will get both :D
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Images (1216770)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on May 3rd, 2011 @ 5:05pm CDT
I... really hope the Leader-class doesn't have that much backpack.
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Images (1216794)
Posted by yoboy on May 3rd, 2011 @ 6:38pm CDT

Did any of you guys notice the robot behind that huge flat plastic panel?
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Images (1216895)
Posted by krenger99 on May 3rd, 2011 @ 11:04pm CDT
Wow, that's a whole lot of weaksauce. I was hoping for more so that I wouldn't have to blow my budget on a leader class. I may just skip him altogether. I won't be buying Optimus and his odd looking trailer wings. Looks like Leader Class Iron Hide is the winner for this movie. Still waiting for a leader Megs. Now that he doesn't have lame t-rex arms, maybe I'll buy him too.

transformers-change.jpg
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Images (1216902)
Posted by HoosierDaddy on May 3rd, 2011 @ 11:27pm CDT
No brainer. leader class for me.
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Images (1216980)
Posted by Blurrz on May 4th, 2011 @ 4:53am CDT
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Images (1216999)
Posted by Hal7300 on May 4th, 2011 @ 5:53am CDT
Mykltron wrote:Oh dear.

Couldn't have put it better.

What a pile of junk.
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Images (1217018)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 4th, 2011 @ 7:27am CDT
Blurrz wrote:F#$% the what is that? '07 Voyager Prime/Megatron is better than that. Even no hands '07 Incinerator is a better use of that class size. Leader or bust for this character.

Hal7300 wrote:
Mykltron wrote:Oh dear.

Couldn't have put it better.

What a pile of junk.
yoboy wrote:Image

Did any of you guys notice the robot behind that huge flat plastic panel?
rpetras wrote:I was hoping there was going to be a Voyager version of Sentinel Prime.

Now I'm sorry I wished for that. :BANG_HEAD:

Just a little recap for anyone coming in late. This figure sucks.
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Images (1217029)
Posted by ubertenorman on May 4th, 2011 @ 7:59am CDT
After careful reconsideration I begrudgingly admit I agree.

After the initial excitement over another version of this character (that's more or less in scale w/ the other voyagers) wore off, its failings became painfully obvious.

Though, I still think there are far worse figures in this line.
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Images (1217071)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on May 4th, 2011 @ 9:45am CDT
*Adjusts RL glasses* i just noticed the backpack's so long he can't even do many bent-leg poses without the damned thing hitting the ground.

This thing is fail.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Expanded Universe Botcon 2002 Glyph Keychain New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botcon Europe 2002 Rook Keychain New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark Side of the Moon Energon  Sword Megatron Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Caliburst & Slugslinger Deluxe Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy Deluxe Hasbro Pre-Owned" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Cloud TFC-A03 Hot Rodimus" on EBAY
Buy "Takaratomy Transformers Legends LG30 Wheelie &Go Shooter Action Figure To..." on EBAY