Transformers News: Wave 3 One Steps with Scorn, Cogman and Drift from Transformers: The Last Knight found in Canada

Monday, August 21st, 2017 1:23PM CDT

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 25,070

The final wave of Transformers: The Last Knight One Step Turbo Changer toys has been found in Montreal, Canada at Walmart. This wave includes the new Cogman, Scorn and Drift toys. Every one step shares the cyber-fire gimmick where black light will reveal a firey emblem on the toys.

Credit(s): william-james88

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Wave 3 One Steps with Scorn, Cogman and Drift from Transformers: The Last Knight found in Canada (1905584)
Posted by Kurona on August 21st, 2017 @ 2:27pm CDT
Scorn's visor somehow seems a little high up...
Re: Wave 3 One Steps with Scorn, Cogman and Drift from Transformers: The Last Knight found in Canada (1905585)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on August 21st, 2017 @ 2:31pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Scorn's visor somehow seems a little high up...

You're right, it looks like they sculpted a tiny visor but painted over the brow instead for... a bigger visor, I guess? Why not sculpt it that way then? Weird.
Re: Wave 3 One Steps with Scorn, Cogman and Drift from Transformers: The Last Knight found in Canada (1905594)
Posted by Bronzewolf on August 21st, 2017 @ 3:27pm CDT
Autobot Roadburn wrote:
Kurona wrote:Scorn's visor somehow seems a little high up...

Now he just looks like a robo-parrot.
Re: Wave 3 One Steps with Scorn, Cogman and Drift from Transformers: The Last Knight found in Canada (1905620)
Posted by EunuchRon on August 21st, 2017 @ 6:01pm CDT
I just got my Calibur Optimus, and he came with this tucked inside the package!

This is the second time I've heard of this happening. I ordered mine from Hobby Link Japan just in case, since that's where I heard someone else got one of these in the box, forget who, he was on a vid review... and I got one too! There's nothing on the box about it or in the instructions so I think Takara might have goofed at the factory? :-? Either way, figure is awesome, as good as I hoped, though that riot shield, not the gold one, the truck parts shield, is HUUUUUUGE and heavy! Whatever... still rocks. If anyone's been wanting one of these grab him from HLJ if you want a shot at a free gold shield. :-D
Re: Wave 3 One Steps with Scorn, Cogman and Drift from Transformers: The Last Knight found in Canada (1905621)
Posted by EunuchRon on August 21st, 2017 @ 6:01pm CDT
Oh, that picture isn't mine by the way... but that's the item.
Re: Wave 3 One Steps with Scorn, Cogman and Drift from Transformers: The Last Knight found in Canada (1905632)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 21st, 2017 @ 7:46pm CDT
EunuchRon wrote:I just got my Calibur Optimus, and he came with this tucked inside the package!
Maybe HLJ bought up enough Calibur Optimus Primes from the stores to get a Gold Vector Shield for each one. The shield itself is a separate, store-exclusive campaign item that comes free with a certain quantity of TF products purchased, so HLJ could have bought up enough stock from the stores to get the shields to go with the figures.
Re: Wave 3 One Steps with Scorn, Cogman and Drift from Transformers: The Last Knight found in Canada (1905639)
Posted by Ironhidensh on August 21st, 2017 @ 8:09pm CDT
Mine came with one as well (from HLJ). Maybebjust a store specific thing?
Re: Wave 3 One Steps with Scorn, Cogman and Drift from Transformers: The Last Knight found in Canada (1905660)
Posted by Noideaforaname on August 21st, 2017 @ 10:18pm CDT

Nitro Zeus' transformation does neat things but isn't very fun -- kinda like Long Haul or Rampage, I suppose, but with more vehicle parts usage. NZ's robot and jet modes are pretty boss, though.
Re: Wave 3 One Steps with Scorn, Cogman and Drift from Transformers: The Last Knight found in Canada (1905662)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on August 21st, 2017 @ 10:20pm CDT
So I got voyager Megs and Hound in the mail today (FINALLY), and I wanted to share my thoughts.

First up, Hound!

...I love this guy. Easily one of my new favorites. His bot mode just looks so good, all the paint on him and the sculpting are awesome, and there's so much poseability. I like how they did the feet, really clever. I would prefer if they did it in a more movie accurate way, but it would probably be impossible at that size, so I'll give it a pass.

He just oozes character. Only things I'd change would be to change some joints to screws so they can be tightened when necessary, and give him more guns. I'd use the AoE guns (believe me, I'd love to and I'm so glad they made that a feature) but I don't have that Hound.

Vehicle mode is good too. Lacking in paint, sure, but does what it's supposed to and looks good doing it. Transformation is fun, but it has some clearance issues.

Now for Megs!

This is the guy I was waiting for, and wow. Definitely lived up to expectations, another new favorite. I loved this design in the movie, and I really hope they don't change it moving forward. The toy captures the look really well, and overall I like it more than the leader version. The only things I'd really change are minor things.
-Wrist swivel and pivot (because sword-wielders should always have those)
-Slightly larger cannon, with a stronger joint for the tip
-Tilting/rotating sword peg on the back
-More rounded battle skirt
-Adjustable horns
Add all that and he'd be flawless, but without those he's still pretty great.

And you can still get him in some really cool action poses.

Looks great with Prime, too!

Jet mode, while not as imposing as that of the leader, is also great. Good size, and the transformation is fun once you get the hang on of it. I just wish the wings/legs and the arms tabbed in a bit more securely.

Overall, love 'em both. Highly recommended. :D
Re: Wave 3 One Steps with Scorn, Cogman and Drift from Transformers: The Last Knight found in Canada (1905678)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on August 22nd, 2017 @ 12:00am CDT

Re: Wave 3 One Steps with Scorn, Cogman and Drift from Transformers: The Last Knight found in Canada (1905682)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on August 22nd, 2017 @ 12:29am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I was finally able to get the Wave 2 Legion Class figures, they're good but I feel these should've been Wave 1 releases. Megatron is the best which seems to be a common theme for the line. Here's my review if you want to look:

Nice! I agree these should have hit earlier. I just got the 3 in on BBTS, and they should be shipping out soon with my Figuarts R2-D2. I've been looking forward to finding Crosshairs to stand next to my voyager Scorn since they were buddies in Age of Extinction.
Re: Wave 3 One Steps with Scorn, Cogman and Drift from Transformers: The Last Knight found in Canada (1905880)
Posted by beastwarsbrah on August 22nd, 2017 @ 11:49pm CDT
I just found voyager Megatron and hound at walmart. Hound looks awesome but I could only get one tonight and I've been looking for megatron for months. Megatron is simply thick, solid, and tight. Great transformation and no loose joints (these joints are the new standard, thats how tight and solid megs is). Seriously this is one of the few I've bought since I got back in that didnt have some sort of issue (only others beeing from rid).
Re: Wave 3 One Steps with Scorn, Cogman and Drift from Transformers: The Last Knight found in Canada (1905892)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on August 23rd, 2017 @ 1:12am CDT
I actually found wave 2 deluxes today (finally!). Im not interested in any of them since I heard Drift wasn't very good and I honestly couldn't stand Sqweeks in the movie. Bring on wave 3, I'm ready.
Re: Wave 3 One Steps with Scorn, Cogman and Drift from Transformers: The Last Knight found in Canada (1905895)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 23rd, 2017 @ 4:12am CDT
Any Canada bros found the TrU exclusive Primus/Cybertron yet?
Because I'm morbidly curious to know what will be the Canadian price.
Re: Wave 3 One Steps with Scorn, Cogman and Drift from Transformers: The Last Knight found in Canada (1906005)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on August 23rd, 2017 @ 1:24pm CDT

Megs is awesome. :D
Re: Wave 3 One Steps with Scorn, Cogman and Drift from Transformers: The Last Knight found in Canada (1906092)
Posted by Spider5800 on August 23rd, 2017 @ 8:57pm CDT

Saw the new Hound at several places but I didn't pick him up. Can someone explain why people seem to love this figure? His head looks weirdly proportioned compared to his body, the vehicle mode looks cheap and bland, and the accessories are terrible, they don't look like any of the weapons he used in the movies. Think I'll stick with my Autobots United version of his AOE voyager, at least that has his minigun and proper shotguns.
Re: Wave 3 One Steps with Scorn, Cogman and Drift from Transformers: The Last Knight found in Canada (1906103)
Posted by Qwan on August 23rd, 2017 @ 9:42pm CDT
Spider5800 wrote:Wave 2 voyagers FINALLY started arriving in stores in my area last week (Still no wave 2 deluxes though). Had to check a couple different stores and found the last voyager Megatron at Target. Really love this figure, his transformation is actually fun to do and he looks great in both modes.

From my own experience with TLK Hound, he looks so much better once he's out of the box and actually posing a bit. It's true the colors and vehicle deco aren't fantastic (I'd have much preferred a more vibrant green like the AoE one), and that his head is noticeably larger than I'd like in terms of scale with other 'bots (though I think it looks fine in proportion to the rest of his body) but like so many things about him, the issue becomes much less noticeable once he's doing something other than sitting in a window-box on a store shelf under fluorescent lighting. And honestly if you can pick out enough detail on Hound's weapons to tell them apart that clearly and with that level of passion, I'd say you're probably in the minority - personally as long as he's got some huge ol' guns to lug around I'm happy enough, and if you have the AoE one you can obviously give those weapons to the newer incarnation.

I think most of what it comes down to is that he's a really clever Transformer from an engineering perspective - it's maybe not quite Voyager Megs' level, but it's still a genius transformation IMO - and the robot mode in particular is objectively way more accurate to his on-screen appearance in both TLK and AoE. You do you, and if you prefer the previous mold, awesome! It just means you have one less thing to buy. But there are plenty of things that this new Hound does really well to entice people (myself included obviously) into buying and loving him.
Re: Wave 3 One Steps with Scorn, Cogman and Drift from Transformers: The Last Knight found in Canada (1906107)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on August 23rd, 2017 @ 9:55pm CDT

I actually had the same disappointment with the guns since I like the ones he comes with displaying on his back, so I just have him the ones from AoE. They look great on him. I had a few of the same thoughts before I picked him up (mostly got him because I'd missed the Megatrons that had been on the shelf) but he was a huge amount of fun after I busted him out of the box.
Re: Wave 3 One Steps with Scorn, Cogman and Drift from Transformers: The Last Knight found in Canada (1906188)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on August 24th, 2017 @ 12:58pm CDT
These guys are awesome!!

Re: Wave 3 One Steps with Scorn, Cogman and Drift from Transformers: The Last Knight found in Canada (1906306)
Posted by WreckerJack on August 24th, 2017 @ 8:23pm CDT
Thanks to fellow Seibertronian, Autobot Roadburn we are now aware that the exclusive Transformers: Autobots Unite Legion Class Autobot Hot Rod figure is available at Walmart.com. This figure will cost 9.99 and exclusive to Walmart. You can still pick this figure up in stores, however ordering is a great way to ensure you get it.

Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
You save: 29%
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Legends Class Skrapnel" on AMAZON
You save: 23%