This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab

Transformers News: We are Getting a Transforming  K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab

Thursday, March 28th, 2024 5:45PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 52,184

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to JTPrime17, we have our full listing for the upcoming Transformers Knightrider collaboration. This will be a transforming K.I.T.T. car, answering the prayers lots of fans have had throughout the years.
It will be released this summer for $50.

Tra Gen Project Knight: Transformers X Knightrider collab
Product Number: F9653
Release Date: August 1st 2024
MSRP: $49.99

Transformers News: We are Getting a Transforming  K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF knightrider Collab

We also have a listing for an upcoming Star Wars collaboration but all we have is a product number.

Tra Gen Collab 3: Transformers X Star Wars collab
Product Number: G0098

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178320)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on March 28th, 2024 @ 6:21pm CDT
Yes!

Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178322)
Posted by Cheetron on March 28th, 2024 @ 6:25pm CDT
I can't wait!!!!!
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178324)
Posted by Tavon on March 28th, 2024 @ 6:36pm CDT
Looking forward to this.

That's a picture of K.A.R.R. not K.I.T.T.
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178326)
Posted by Overcracker on March 28th, 2024 @ 7:18pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Thanks to JTPrime17, we have our full listing for the upcoming Transformers Knightrider collaboration. This will be a transforming K.I.T.T. car, answering the prayers lots of fans have had throughout the years.
It will be released this summer for $50.

Tra Gen Project Knight: Transformers X Knightrider collab
Product Number: F9653
Release Date: August 1st 2024
MSRP: $49.99

Image

We also have a listing for an upcoming Star Wars collaboration but all we have is a product number.

Tra Gen Collab 3: Transformers X Star Wars collab
Product Number: G0098


So much yes!

Hopefully it’s a new mold and not a Wildrider retool or something.

Also a Prime as the FLAG trailer would be awesome.
IMG_0114.jpeg
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178327)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 28th, 2024 @ 7:27pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Thanks to JTPrime17, we have our full listing for the upcoming Transformers Knightrider collaboration. This will be a transforming K.I.T.T. car, answering the prayers lots of fans have had throughout the years.
It will be released this summer for $50.

Tra Gen Project Knight: Transformers X Knightrider collab
Product Number: F9653
Release Date: August 1st 2024
MSRP: $49.99

Image

We also have a listing for an upcoming Star Wars collaboration but all we have is a product number.

Tra Gen Collab 3: Transformers X Star Wars collab
Product Number: G0098


So much yes!

Hopefully it’s a new mold and not a Wildrider retool or something.

Also a Prime as the FLAG trailer would be awesome.
IMG_0114.jpeg


Nah, not the right car model. In the original series K.I.T.T. is a 1982 Pontiac Trans-Am, so... MP Windcharger when? ;;)

Aaaand I just read that in the newer series K.I.T.T. is a 2008/2009 Ford(!) Shelby GT500KR. Will they go for the classic, or the easier one? :-?
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178328)
Posted by Overcracker on March 28th, 2024 @ 7:37pm CDT
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Thanks to JTPrime17, we have our full listing for the upcoming Transformers Knightrider collaboration. This will be a transforming K.I.T.T. car, answering the prayers lots of fans have had throughout the years.
It will be released this summer for $50.

Tra Gen Project Knight: Transformers X Knightrider collab
Product Number: F9653
Release Date: August 1st 2024
MSRP: $49.99

Image

We also have a listing for an upcoming Star Wars collaboration but all we have is a product number.

Tra Gen Collab 3: Transformers X Star Wars collab
Product Number: G0098


So much yes!

Hopefully it’s a new mold and not a Wildrider retool or something.

Also a Prime as the FLAG trailer would be awesome.
IMG_0114.jpeg


Nah, not the right car model. In the original series K.I.T.T. is a 1982 Pontiac Trans-Am, so... MP Windcharger when? ;;)

Aaaand I just read that in the newer series K.I.T.T. is a 2008/2009 Ford(!) Shelby GT500KR. Will they go for the classic, or the easier one? :-?


Has to be the classic Trans Am. The updated series which was cancelled 15 years ago is mostly irrelevant.
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178330)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on March 28th, 2024 @ 8:15pm CDT
I don't suppose the Star Wars collab is project tails? Knight Rider has to be project knight, right?
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178336)
Posted by First-Aid on March 28th, 2024 @ 10:31pm CDT
I have tears of joy with this news. FOr us 80's kids there are four big vehicles we always wanted as Transformers.

K.I.T.T.
The A-Team's van.
Blue Thunder
Airwolf.


Make it happen Hasbro! And make it a combiner!
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178340)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on March 29th, 2024 @ 12:18am CDT
If the star wars collaboration is a transforming mandalorian with a little grogu bot, it will be mine.
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178341)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 29th, 2024 @ 12:55am CDT
Oh hell yes!

And a KARR repaint is a given, right? Especially considering who his voice is.
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178343)
Posted by Dino-Snarl on March 29th, 2024 @ 2:18am CDT
Will buy on the spot both KITT and KARR (when available).
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178344)
Posted by steve2275 on March 29th, 2024 @ 2:22am CDT
Dino-Snarl wrote:Will buy on the spot both KITT and KARR (when available).

No argument from me
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178346)
Posted by Sculyblast on March 29th, 2024 @ 3:51am CDT
Wait, are we finally getting a Binaltech/alternators reboot after 20 years?
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178355)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 29th, 2024 @ 9:11am CDT
50$?
In US?

At that price, I don't think it will be a Siege/ER Sideswipe retool.
Will it be a genuine complete new mold? Will it be a big chunky voyager car like the Ectotron?

:-?
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178359)
Posted by Overcracker on March 29th, 2024 @ 10:25am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:50$?
In US?

At that price, I don't think it will be a Siege/ER Sideswipe retool.
Will it be a genuine complete new mold? Will it be a big chunky voyager car like the Ectotron?

:-?


Probably not voyager sized. Since there’s pretty much nothing they can pack in with him accessory wise other than a gun, my money is on it having the Super Pursuit Mode, which would require more engineering to include thus more budget.

IMG_0115.jpeg
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178364)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 29th, 2024 @ 11:11am CDT
If the default vehicle would be the super pursuit mode, it would be very, very dumb.
But if the mode is optional via more engineering, like a 2.5 changer, it would be quite awesome.
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178367)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 29th, 2024 @ 11:24am CDT
I always thought super pursuit mode was dumb, even back then. I would rather have a very posable basic KITT with a good transformation and not bother with the super pursuit.

I wonder what face will KITT have. Will he come with a small Michael figure?
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178368)
Posted by Brokebot on March 29th, 2024 @ 11:29am CDT
HELL.
YES.


Here's hoping his robot mode isn't sporting a Hasselhoff mullet-fro.
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178370)
Posted by Overcracker on March 29th, 2024 @ 12:06pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:If the default vehicle would be the super pursuit mode, it would be very, very dumb.
But if the mode is optional via more engineering, like a 2.5 changer, it would be quite awesome.


The car should be. the normal looking Trans Am, and likely feature the pull out panels you can engage for super pursuit mode.

Doubt they'll just go for the super pursuit ode directly without any way to hide it.

There's really no other reason for it to be $50.

Not even SS-86 Hot Rod levels of engineering would push the price that high.
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178374)
Posted by First-Aid on March 29th, 2024 @ 12:27pm CDT
Anyone else going to be waiting for a third party to create the actual red sensor light on the front?
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178400)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on March 29th, 2024 @ 7:38pm CDT
I read this headline to my son and he's practically having a seizure. Releases right near his 5th birthday too.

Edit: Fingers crossed thay the high price tag is because they were able to wedge in an LED at the front.
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178412)
Posted by Emerje on March 30th, 2024 @ 1:47am CDT
You know what's weird? Even though we all know the car as K.I.T.T., that doesn't necessarily mean that'll be the name of the bot mode. Other crossovers have had proper names like Ecto-1 (Ectotron), Blackbird (Ultimate X-Spanse) and Rexy (Tyrannocon Rex), but this will be the first one they've done with an already established intelligence so we'll see if that matters or not. I'm guessing it wont because that would require a certain level of mental gymnastics to explain why K.I.T.T. is actually a secret Cybertronian and wasn't just swapped out for the real one or something.

I was never a huge Knight Rider fan, vehicles that didn't turn into robots didn't do it for me as a kid. :lol:

Now if they wanted to do a combiner...

krdrake.jpg


Back when KR was trying to appeal to the Power Rangers kids.

Emerje
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178430)
Posted by Brokebot on March 30th, 2024 @ 12:19pm CDT
Emerje wrote:I'm guessing it wont because that would require a certain level of mental gymnastics to explain why K.I.T.T. is actually a secret Cybertronian and wasn't just swapped out for the real one or something.

Emerje


Just make him a Cybertronian-upgraded version of the original character. Not a lot of gymnastics involved.
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178445)
Posted by DeathReviews on March 30th, 2024 @ 6:15pm CDT
Unless it can do the strobing light up front with the whooshing noise, it won't be the same ;).
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178449)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 30th, 2024 @ 7:04pm CDT
DeathReviews wrote:Unless it can do the strobing light up front with the whooshing noise, it won't be the same ;).


For that 50$US price, would lights and sound finally make their return?
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178462)
Posted by Jazzman Crothers on March 30th, 2024 @ 10:57pm CDT
Nice! About time.
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178472)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on March 31st, 2024 @ 1:35am CDT
Brokebot wrote:
Emerje wrote:I'm guessing it wont because that would require a certain level of mental gymnastics to explain why K.I.T.T. is actually a secret Cybertronian and wasn't just swapped out for the real one or something.

Emerje


Just make him a Cybertronian-upgraded version of the original character. Not a lot of gymnastics involved.


I'd rather see an Autobot scan Michael's car and end up with a copy of KITT in his head. That would be a fun story, in my opinion.

Axtually, it would be interestinf if the proce bump stemmed from the inclusion of a nontransforming KITT, to distinguish the OG and the bot as separate characters.
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178473)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on March 31st, 2024 @ 1:36am CDT
DeathReviews wrote:Unless it can do the strobing light up front with the whooshing noise, it won't be the same ;).


That's why God gave us mouths, to make the noise ourselves.
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178511)
Posted by pnova on April 1st, 2024 @ 11:47am CDT
We can get 2 out of this toy. Kitt Optimus Prime then a KARR Megatron voiced by a certain Peter Cullen (but we need to have the bots switched because Karr being the baddie)
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178531)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on April 1st, 2024 @ 10:29pm CDT
Brokebot wrote:HELL.
YES.


Here's hoping his robot mode isn't sporting a Hasselhoff mullet-fro.



Image

Maybe they will go for the Devon character for the head in robot mode? 8-}

Anyway this is really exciting and I look forward to upcoming news on this one! :VEHI:
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178533)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 2nd, 2024 @ 1:21am CDT
If they're going yo give him a human-esque head, it's only logical that he look like William Daniels.

And of course KARR better look like Peter Cullen.

(P.s. Willy J, please fix the thread title, the grammar Nazi with OCD inside me is going insane right now...)
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178538)
Posted by First-Aid on April 2nd, 2024 @ 8:18am CDT
I'm expecting something Shockwave-esque but with the voicebox lights for the eye or maybe the sensor sweep.
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178540)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on April 2nd, 2024 @ 10:39am CDT
Damnation!!! I so should have said William Daniels! #-o

Maybe at the last moment :HASBRO: will change their mind and instead go with.....


Image :-P :VEHI:
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178561)
Posted by Overcracker on April 2nd, 2024 @ 2:00pm CDT
Banshee IV concept anyone?

maxresdefault.jpg
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178592)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 2nd, 2024 @ 3:01pm CDT
The moment I saw this news, this is what popped into my head, and what I would wish to happen (hopefully the URL got the right time, if not it's at 2:04):



I know basically nothing about anything outside of the 2008 show, which I greatly enjoyed as a young teenager. I would love to see Mustang KITT, complete with his battle mode, as well as KARR using his on screen robot mode.
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178599)
Posted by Overcracker on April 2nd, 2024 @ 3:33pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:The moment I saw this news, this is what popped into my head, and what I would wish to happen (hopefully the URL got the right time, if not it's at 2:04):



I know basically nothing about anything outside of the 2008 show, which I greatly enjoyed as a young teenager. I would love to see Mustang KITT, complete with his battle mode, as well as KARR using his on screen robot mode.


Yeah, no. Don't expect it to be the 2008 version at all.

Considering other collabs have used the 80 and 90s versions of the IPs, it's almost 100% certain it will be the 1983 Pontiac Trans Am.

Not the lame 2008 Mustang with the gaudy and garish spoiler, hood intakes and spiky bumper.
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178615)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on April 2nd, 2024 @ 7:36pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:Considering other collabs have used the 80 and 90s versions of the IPs, it's almost 100% certain it will be the 1983 Pontiac Trans Am.


I'd be willing to bet on the Trans Am. Hell they hilariously licensed the fron end of the Soundwave/Thunder Machine collab already so we know they have the Pontiac licensing current and ready to go for packging even if the brand doesn't really exist anymore.
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178620)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on April 2nd, 2024 @ 9:23pm CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Overcracker wrote:Considering other collabs have used the 80 and 90s versions of the IPs, it's almost 100% certain it will be the 1983 Pontiac Trans Am.


I'd be willing to bet on the Trans Am. Hell they hilariously licensed the fron end of the Soundwave/Thunder Machine collab already so we know they have the Pontiac licensing current and ready to go for packging even if the brand doesn't really exist anymore.

I remember reading over at TFW that a source said a recent collabs were possible now that weren't before. I didn't put much stock in that, but you bring up a good point. They probably wanted to do the Joe collab and it opened up Knight Rider as a possibility financially.

If we look at it that way, I wonder what else we could get.
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178625)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 3rd, 2024 @ 7:07am CDT
Overcracker wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:The moment I saw this news, this is what popped into my head, and what I would wish to happen (hopefully the URL got the right time, if not it's at 2:04):



I know basically nothing about anything outside of the 2008 show, which I greatly enjoyed as a young teenager. I would love to see Mustang KITT, complete with his battle mode, as well as KARR using his on screen robot mode.


Yeah, no. Don't expect it to be the 2008 version at all.

Considering other collabs have used the 80 and 90s versions of the IPs, it's almost 100% certain it will be the 1983 Pontiac Trans Am.

Not the lame 2008 Mustang with the gaudy and garish spoiler, hood intakes and spiky bumper.

I'm not truly expecting it, but it would be nice.

And this may be blasphemy to you, but I far prefer the Mustang look for KITT, especially in his attack mode. I loved the 2008 show, it was fun for me, and I still really like that specific KITT, as well as KARR.

You know what? Wonder if they would do an 80's KARR but use the 2008 robot mode
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178627)
Posted by Overcracker on April 3rd, 2024 @ 7:39am CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Overcracker wrote:Considering other collabs have used the 80 and 90s versions of the IPs, it's almost 100% certain it will be the 1983 Pontiac Trans Am.


I'd be willing to bet on the Trans Am. Hell they hilariously licensed the fron end of the Soundwave/Thunder Machine collab already so we know they have the Pontiac licensing current and ready to go for packging even if the brand doesn't really exist anymore.

I remember reading over at TFW that a source said a recent collabs were possible now that weren't before. I didn't put much stock in that, but you bring up a good point. They probably wanted to do the Joe collab and it opened up Knight Rider as a possibility financially.

If we look at it that way, I wonder what else we could get.



Yeah, that was super silly they went to the trouble of doing that for the Thunder machine. But I guess it was a way of making sure they could get the license for an old car from a now defunct brand from GM.

Kind of makes you think how far in advance they were working on the Knight Rider collab concept.
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178629)
Posted by Emerje on April 3rd, 2024 @ 8:49am CDT
Overcracker wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Overcracker wrote:Considering other collabs have used the 80 and 90s versions of the IPs, it's almost 100% certain it will be the 1983 Pontiac Trans Am.


I'd be willing to bet on the Trans Am. Hell they hilariously licensed the fron end of the Soundwave/Thunder Machine collab already so we know they have the Pontiac licensing current and ready to go for packging even if the brand doesn't really exist anymore.

I remember reading over at TFW that a source said a recent collabs were possible now that weren't before. I didn't put much stock in that, but you bring up a good point. They probably wanted to do the Joe collab and it opened up Knight Rider as a possibility financially.

If we look at it that way, I wonder what else we could get.



Yeah, that was super silly they went to the trouble of doing that for the Thunder machine. But I guess it was a way of making sure they could get the license for an old car from a now defunct brand from GM.

Kind of makes you think how far in advance they were working on the Knight Rider collab concept.

Isn't the MASK Thunderhawk based in part on the Pontiac Thunderbird? :-? If they'd go to that length for the Thunder Machine then maybe we could get a Transforming Thunderhawk (with Matt Trakker??) in the future?

Emerje
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178631)
Posted by Overcracker on April 3rd, 2024 @ 9:13am CDT
Emerje wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Overcracker wrote:Considering other collabs have used the 80 and 90s versions of the IPs, it's almost 100% certain it will be the 1983 Pontiac Trans Am.


I'd be willing to bet on the Trans Am. Hell they hilariously licensed the fron end of the Soundwave/Thunder Machine collab already so we know they have the Pontiac licensing current and ready to go for packging even if the brand doesn't really exist anymore.

I remember reading over at TFW that a source said a recent collabs were possible now that weren't before. I didn't put much stock in that, but you bring up a good point. They probably wanted to do the Joe collab and it opened up Knight Rider as a possibility financially.

If we look at it that way, I wonder what else we could get.



Yeah, that was super silly they went to the trouble of doing that for the Thunder machine. But I guess it was a way of making sure they could get the license for an old car from a now defunct brand from GM.

Kind of makes you think how far in advance they were working on the Knight Rider collab concept.

Isn't the MASK Thunderhawk based in part on the Pontiac Thunderbird? :-? If they'd go to that length for the Thunder Machine then maybe we could get a Transforming Thunderhawk (with Matt Trakker??) in the future?

Emerje


The Thunderbird is a Ford car not Chevy or Pontiac.

The Thunderhawk is a 1985 Chevrolet Camaro. which used the same F platform as the Pontiac Firebird (Trans Am) in real life.

M.A.S.K did have a Thunderbird stock car in its Racing series called Razorback piloted by Brad Turner though.

But to answer your question, yes, they could use the licensing deal with Chevy / Pontiac to make the M.A.S.K Thunderhawk, Hurricane, Stinger etc...

I'd be all over a throwback line of M.A.S.K vehicles. Even if the conversions had to be manual instead of spring loaded.
It's a real mystery why Hasbro has not yet revived M.A.S.K. They've teased it several times with Matt Tracker in different G.I. Joe lines but nothing ever comes of that.
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178632)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 3rd, 2024 @ 9:41am CDT
I grew up watching the 80s TV show (still have it on DVD), but I had high hopes for the 2008 reboot, especially since Hasselhoff reprised Michael in the pilot movie. That model Mustang is also my favorite, it looked so good. And it was good for a while, but took a nosedive. Especially when the "robot modes" were introduced. The 1st Bayverse film had just come out, so I suppose they tried capitalizing on that. Didn't work.
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178633)
Posted by Emerje on April 3rd, 2024 @ 10:02am CDT
Overcracker wrote:The Thunderbird is a Ford car not Chevy or Pontiac.

The Thunderhawk is a 1985 Chevrolet Camaro. which used the same F platform as the Pontiac Firebird (Trans Am) in real life.

M.A.S.K did have a Thunderbird stock car in its Racing series called Razorback piloted by Brad Turner though.

But to answer your question, yes, they could use the licensing deal with Chevy / Pontiac to make the M.A.S.K Thunderhawk, Hurricane, Stinger etc...

I'd be all over a throwback line of M.A.S.K vehicles. Even if the conversions had to be manual instead of spring loaded.
It's a real mystery why Hasbro has not yet revived M.A.S.K. They've teased it several times with Matt Tracker in different G.I. Joe lines but nothing ever comes of that.

Derp, that was totally a typo. I even had a tab open for Googling images of Pontiac Firebirds to be sure. All that talk of Thunder Machine and Thunderhawk made me type Thunderbird instead of Firebird.

I think the reason Hasbro hasn't gone all in on a MASK reboot or update simply comes down to them fearing it will compete for sales with Transformers. That's why I think the best move would be to simply roll MASK into the TF line similar to the Rocklords homage we're getting now or those Micromasters Repaints from a few years ago. Hasbro didn't create MASK after all so it isn't exactly a priority for them to bring it back on its own. I'm honestly surprised Jada hasn't licensed it to do their own versions, even if they don't change, seems like their kind of thing.

Emerje
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178636)
Posted by Overcracker on April 3rd, 2024 @ 10:37am CDT
Emerje wrote:
Overcracker wrote:The Thunderbird is a Ford car not Chevy or Pontiac.

The Thunderhawk is a 1985 Chevrolet Camaro. which used the same F platform as the Pontiac Firebird (Trans Am) in real life.

M.A.S.K did have a Thunderbird stock car in its Racing series called Razorback piloted by Brad Turner though.

But to answer your question, yes, they could use the licensing deal with Chevy / Pontiac to make the M.A.S.K Thunderhawk, Hurricane, Stinger etc...

I'd be all over a throwback line of M.A.S.K vehicles. Even if the conversions had to be manual instead of spring loaded.
It's a real mystery why Hasbro has not yet revived M.A.S.K. They've teased it several times with Matt Tracker in different G.I. Joe lines but nothing ever comes of that.

Derp, that was totally a typo. I even had a tab open for Googling images of Pontiac Firebirds to be sure. All that talk of Thunder Machine and Thunderhawk made me type Thunderbird instead of Firebird.

I think the reason Hasbro hasn't gone all in on a MASK reboot or update simply comes down to them fearing it will compete for sales with Transformers. That's why I think the best move would be to simply roll MASK into the TF line similar to the Rocklords homage we're getting now or those Micromasters Repaints from a few years ago. Hasbro didn't create MASK after all so it isn't exactly a priority for them to bring it back on its own. I'm honestly surprised Jada hasn't licensed it to do their own versions, even if they don't change, seems like their kind of thing.

Emerje


:lol: :lol: It happens.

I guess Jada doing a run of these would at least prove if M.A.S.K is still a viable brand. Though not sure how many new buyers it would garner, if their only known feature is not there.

Heck, Hasbro even tried a similar concept with the original live action movies, where they had a sub line of vehicles with attack modes. Stealth Force:

Image
Image
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178638)
Posted by First-Aid on April 3rd, 2024 @ 10:40am CDT
Overcracker wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Overcracker wrote:The Thunderbird is a Ford car not Chevy or Pontiac.

The Thunderhawk is a 1985 Chevrolet Camaro. which used the same F platform as the Pontiac Firebird (Trans Am) in real life.

M.A.S.K did have a Thunderbird stock car in its Racing series called Razorback piloted by Brad Turner though.

But to answer your question, yes, they could use the licensing deal with Chevy / Pontiac to make the M.A.S.K Thunderhawk, Hurricane, Stinger etc...

I'd be all over a throwback line of M.A.S.K vehicles. Even if the conversions had to be manual instead of spring loaded.
It's a real mystery why Hasbro has not yet revived M.A.S.K. They've teased it several times with Matt Tracker in different G.I. Joe lines but nothing ever comes of that.

Derp, that was totally a typo. I even had a tab open for Googling images of Pontiac Firebirds to be sure. All that talk of Thunder Machine and Thunderhawk made me type Thunderbird instead of Firebird.

I think the reason Hasbro hasn't gone all in on a MASK reboot or update simply comes down to them fearing it will compete for sales with Transformers. That's why I think the best move would be to simply roll MASK into the TF line similar to the Rocklords homage we're getting now or those Micromasters Repaints from a few years ago. Hasbro didn't create MASK after all so it isn't exactly a priority for them to bring it back on its own. I'm honestly surprised Jada hasn't licensed it to do their own versions, even if they don't change, seems like their kind of thing.

Emerje


:lol: :lol: It happens.

I guess Jada doing a run of these would at least prove if M.A.S.K is still a viable brand. Though not sure how many new buyers it would garner, if their only known feature is not there.

Heck, Hasbro even tried a similar concept with the original live action movies, where they had a sub line of vehicles with attack modes. Stealth Force:

Image
Image


I remember that line. Shelfwarmers.
Re: We are Getting a Transforming K.I.T.T. in an upcoming TF Knight Rider Collab (2178640)
Posted by Emerje on April 3rd, 2024 @ 11:35am CDT
First-Aid wrote:I remember that line. Shelfwarmers.

Thankfully it warmed shelves in the car aisle instead of taking up action figure aisle space.

While a Jada MASK line may not change, they would definitely look good on the shelf with their shiny painted diecast. Maybe they could just have swappable parts to give the illusion of changing. Then just have their usual minifigures on the outside.

6428024_sd.jpg


Emerje

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K25 WINGFINGER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K25 WINGFINGER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WINDBLADE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Cyberverse Hasbro 2024 New"
WINDBLADE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIRGE Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Class Conehead Hasbro 2023 New"
DIRGE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SILVERSTREAK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Hasbro 2022 New"
SILVERSTREAK Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEVCON Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-44 Deluxe Takara Tomy 2023 New"
NEW!
DEVCON Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JHIAXUS Transformers Legacy Voyager Class G2 Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK NOW**"
JHIAXUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEMESIS LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Lio Convoy 2023 New"
NEMESIS LEO PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETRITUS Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Hasbro 2023 New"
DETRITUS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEAD END Transformers Legacy Deluxe Stunticon Menasor Hasbro 2022 New"
DEAD END Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CRANKCASE Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
CRANKCASE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Legacy Evolution Core G1 Dinobots Volcanicus 2023 New"
NEW!
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCARR Transformers Legacy Evolution Core Class G1 Dinobot Skar Hasbro 2023 New"
SCARR Transformers ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 05 Voyager Class Movie 2 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Motormaster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON