3rd Party Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime

3rd Party Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime

Monday, June 7th, 2010 2:46am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 34,560

An early concept of Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime by Don Figueroa was produced for Transformers/GI Joe crossover comic but never come into fruition. However, it seems like a Japanese third party company named "Xovergen Production" will give us their take on Figueroa's design and turn it into a toy.

Xovergen Production has posted a silhouette of the alternate mode of Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime, or rather Supreme Tactical Commander-Grand Patriot . The site also mentions that this toy will be released at the end of 2010, and is comprised of a transforming robot and a commander base.

Check out the original post here.

Stay tuned to Seibertron, Ultimate Resource of Transformers!

Credit(s): xovergen production

This article was last modified on Monday, June 7th, 2010 12:58pm CDT

Re: 3rd Party Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime (1083012)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 7th, 2010 @ 2:51am CDT
I'd have to see what he looks like (comic, not toy) before I'm sold on the idea. Then I'd need to see the finished product.

I do so love these 3rd party companies. At least they'll do what Hasbro hasn't.

I'm not putting Hasbro down, but lately these companies have been earning my money and they deserve it.
Re: 3rd Party Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime (1083013)
Posted by Burn on June 7th, 2010 @ 2:53am CDT
If it's anywhere near as good as this it'll be impressive.
Re: 3rd Party Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime (1083017)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 7th, 2010 @ 3:07am CDT
Burn wrote:If it's anywhere near as good as this it'll be impressive.

*facepalms* I didn't even connect the name to the design. >_<

Okay, yeah, that could be awesome.
Re: 3rd Party Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime (1083023)
Posted by Constantine on June 7th, 2010 @ 3:51am CDT
I hope HISS Convoy is next. That would truly be awesome.
Re: 3rd Party Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime (1083030)
Posted by Dead Metal on June 7th, 2010 @ 4:35am CDT
Holy feck, I so loved that design and now we're getting a toy? :shock:
Damn I love 3rd party companies, I hope someone will make an idw pre earth Megatron.
Re: 3rd Party Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime (1083042)
Posted by Flux Convoy on June 7th, 2010 @ 5:37am CDT
That's kinda awesome. I'm hoping the quality is a bit more in step with FansProject than other third party offerings. Of course at this stage, the entire thing could turn into a giant turd. I have high hopes for this one.
:BOT:
Re: 3rd Party Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime (1083056)
Posted by Prime Evil on June 7th, 2010 @ 6:31am CDT
Gonna take a wait and see approach, but let's hope this can turn out as good as a Fans Project toy. But for now, I'm kinda excited, and I've been wanting a green colored prime in my collection for sometime now.

Now we just need that Dominator Megs and I'm set!!
Re: 3rd Party Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime (1083062)
Posted by DevastaTTor on June 7th, 2010 @ 6:45am CDT
I'm all over this if the design is accurate and it fits the Classics/Henkei scale figures-but definitely not if these guys don't prove themselves a worthy player in the third party universe. I'm getting tired of 3P vendors showing flashy ideas and prototypes and then failing on QA/QC and materials quality.
Re: 3rd Party Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime (1083108)
Posted by dumbprime on June 7th, 2010 @ 8:57am CDT
[quote="Autobot032" *facepalms* I didn't even connect the name to the design. >_<

Okay, yeah, that could be awesome.[/quote]

I didn't connect the name either. and i had the G.I. Joe Rolling Thunder as a kid
Re: 3rd Party Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime (1083110)
Posted by Solrac333 on June 7th, 2010 @ 9:07am CDT
Encline is finishing up a scratch build of this guy.
Re: 3rd Party Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime (1083128)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 7th, 2010 @ 9:50am CDT
I'll wait until there are actual prototype images to make my judgement.
Re: 3rd Party Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime (1083130)
Posted by Mechastrike on June 7th, 2010 @ 9:53am CDT
the middle part looks like Magnus' trailer.

but still...any news from Rodimus?
Re: 3rd Party Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime (1083175)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on June 7th, 2010 @ 11:21am CDT
Holy cow. He is huge and beautiful. I hope this guy turns out that awesome. Love third party companies!
Re: 3rd Party Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime (1083184)
Posted by Editor on June 7th, 2010 @ 11:33am CDT
Interested.

I hope it turns out well.
Re: 3rd Party Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime (1083201)
Posted by Blurrz on June 7th, 2010 @ 12:07pm CDT
C-c-c-combo breaker
Re: 3rd Party Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime (1083256)
Posted by joeformer on June 7th, 2010 @ 2:03pm CDT
kewl, but where are the in scale articulated human mini figures to go with it? will anyone ever make good ones? ;) :D
Re: 3rd Party Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime (1083313)
Posted by LiKwid on June 7th, 2010 @ 3:57pm CDT
Burn wrote:If it's anywhere near as good as this it'll be impressive.

I have bought stuff from encline designs before and his stuff is AMAZING..right on par with frenzyrumble and Jin Saotome..If this offering is even remotely like this it'll be amazing..We could possibly be seeing the 3rd party balance of power shift towards someone else besides FP..It is of course far too early to tell but the mere possibility is worth getting excited for...
Re: 3rd Party Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime (1083405)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on June 7th, 2010 @ 6:30pm CDT
This sounds like it could be really good if done right.
Re: 3rd Party Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime (1083412)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on June 7th, 2010 @ 6:35pm CDT
Unicronic wrote:This sounds like it could be really good if done right.

That's the biggie. 'If' done right. All we have so far is... what, a silhouette?
Re: 3rd Party Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime (1083416)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on June 7th, 2010 @ 6:38pm CDT
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Unicronic wrote:This sounds like it could be really good if done right.

They all almost always start out as a silhouette don't they?

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Bundle Rare, Medix, Blades And Blurr Morbot Job Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Chief Charlie Burns Rescue Cutter Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Cloudraker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Outback" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron Shining Bumblebee Targetmaster Gun Minicon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise Runabout WFC-E41 Target Exclusive " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS CODY BURNS Figure, Rescue Axe Variant 2011." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Overbite Takara Tomy Piranacon Seacon" on EBAY