Thursday, May 31st, 2007 7:45pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Event News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Hotrod   Views: 14,276

Our own i_amtrunks has brought us news of another Transformers Movie contest for Australia. The contest prize is a preview screening of the Transformers Movie to take place in Sydney on June 12th with Michael Bay. All you have to do is email your forum name, the forum you use, your real name and address, and answer the question, What question would you ask Michael Bay about Transformers?, to this email address: transformers@networkpr.com.au

Credit(s): i_amtrunks and palgn.com

Re: A Chance to Win Preview Screening of the Transformers Movie in Sydney with Michael Bay (143779)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 31st, 2007 @ 7:54pm CDT
I take it this is only open to Australia.
Re: A Chance to Win Preview Screening of the Transformers Movie in Sydney with Michael Bay (143785)
Posted by primalVICTORY on May 31st, 2007 @ 8:00pm CDT
Megatron_Wolf wrote:I take it this is only open to Australia.

Hotrod wrote:Our own i_amtrunks has brought us news of another Transformers Movie contest for Australia.

yes, only open to the aussies.
Re: A Chance to Win Preview Screening of the Transformers Movie in Sydney with Michael Bay (143790)
Posted by Robinson on May 31st, 2007 @ 8:05pm CDT
primalVICTORY wrote:
Megatron_Wolf wrote:I take it this is only open to Australia.

yes, only open to the aussies.

WTF they get the movie before us and now this, if I was in the U.K. I'd really be pissed. :P
Re: A Chance to Win Preview Screening of the Transformers Movie in Sydney with Michael Bay (143797)
Posted by Shadowman on May 31st, 2007 @ 8:10pm CDT
primalVICTORY wrote:
Megatron_Wolf wrote:I take it this is only open to Australia.

yes, only open to the aussies.

[Enter long, redundant, but most definitely foul string of swears here.]
Re: A Chance to Win Preview Screening of the Transformers Movie in Sydney with Michael Bay (143802)
Posted by primalVICTORY on May 31st, 2007 @ 8:12pm CDT
yee, i would hate to be in the UK no matter what. they get the film like a whole month after us in US and Canada. im glad its not that long after Australia. only 33 days now! im gettin so anxious!
Re: A Chance to Win Preview Screening of the Transformers Movie in Sydney with Michael Bay (143816)
Posted by Phelan on May 31st, 2007 @ 8:20pm CDT
Hi Guys,

I posted the competition in a few forums and I'm giving away the tickets. Sorry that it's Sydney only.
The aussie website is:

Good luck :D
Re: A Chance to Win Preview Screening of the Transformers Movie in Sydney with Michael Bay (143825)
Posted by Dragonslayer on May 31st, 2007 @ 8:25pm CDT
Shadowman wrote:
primalVICTORY wrote:
Megatron_Wolf wrote:I take it this is only open to Australia.

yes, only open to the aussies.

[Enter long, redundant, but most definitely foul string of swears here.]

[Continuation of foul string of swears after Shadowman gets tired/passes out.]

Lucky b@st@rds :-(
Re: A Chance to Win Preview Screening of the Transformers Movie in Sydney with Michael Bay (143833)
Posted by Roboto750 on May 31st, 2007 @ 8:30pm CDT
I'd rather go with Peter Cullen!
Re: A Chance to Win Preview Screening of the Transformers Movie in Sydney with Michael Bay (143835)
Posted by primalVICTORY on May 31st, 2007 @ 8:33pm CDT
Roboto750 wrote:I'd rather go with Peter Cullen!

how about all the big cast members..shia, megan, peter, bay, dumahol or w.e his name is
Re: A Chance to Win Preview Screening of the Transformers Movie in Sydney with Michael Bay (143838)
Posted by Roboto750 on May 31st, 2007 @ 8:35pm CDT
primalVICTORY wrote:
Roboto750 wrote:I'd rather go with Peter Cullen!

Nah, I'd rather go with the real star of the movie! :wink:
Re: A Chance to Win Preview Screening of the Transformers Movie in Sydney with Michael Bay (143840)
Posted by Robinson on May 31st, 2007 @ 8:37pm CDT
Roboto750 wrote:
primalVICTORY wrote:
Roboto750 wrote:I'd rather go with Peter Cullen!

Nah, I'd rather go with the real star of the movie! :wink:

Frenzy?
Re: A Chance to Win Preview Screening of the Transformers Movie in Sydney with Michael Bay (143843)
Posted by primalVICTORY on May 31st, 2007 @ 8:40pm CDT
Chris™ wrote:
Roboto750 wrote:
primalVICTORY wrote:
Roboto750 wrote:I'd rather go with Peter Cullen!

Nah, I'd rather go with the real star of the movie! :wink:

Frenzy?

yup
Re: A Chance to Win Preview Screening of the Transformers Movie in Sydney with Michael Bay (143877)
Posted by Burn on May 31st, 2007 @ 9:19pm CDT
Is this a legit contest?

I mean for starters the credit for the news is Trunksy (who I trust) but also some site called palgn.com which seems to be a place holder site.

And then there's this ...

Phelan wrote:Hi Guys,

The aussie website is:

Good luck :D

So you'll forgive me for being a bit skeptical about having to e-mail my personal details. I just think a legit contest like this (I mean it is Bay after all) would have a dedicated website where you enter and submit your details.
Re: A Chance to Win Preview Screening of the Transformers Movie in Sydney with Michael Bay (143893)
Posted by Robzimus Prime on May 31st, 2007 @ 9:31pm CDT
Pretty impressive prize if it is legit!
Re: A Chance to Win Preview Screening of the Transformers Movie in Sydney with Michael Bay (143916)
Posted by Roboto750 on May 31st, 2007 @ 9:45pm CDT
primalVICTORY wrote:
Chris™ wrote:
Roboto750 wrote:
primalVICTORY wrote:
Roboto750 wrote:I'd rather go with Peter Cullen!

Nah, I'd rather go with the real star of the movie! :wink:

Frenzy?

yup

LOL! :lol:
Re: A Chance to Win Preview Screening of the Transformers Movie in Sydney with Michael Bay (143971)
Posted by Phelan on May 31st, 2007 @ 10:14pm CDT
Burn wrote:Is this a legit contest?

And then there's this ...

Hi Burn,

Yes this is a totally legit contest for a Special Screening Event of the Full-Length Feature Film of Transformers.
I usually run tickets for events such as this on a few forums across the web - however, when I started getting competition entries from other forums I decided to find out some more by checking them out.

Here's one I ran in Atomic for the 22min preview of Transformers
http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/forums.asp? ... 104384&p=0

And this:
http://space-meat.com/2007/04/12/starks ... e-preview/

Just drop me an email if you have any questions at the transformers@networkpr.com.au address :D
Re: A Chance to Win Preview Screening of the Transformers Movie in Sydney with Michael Bay (143992)
Posted by Gutsman Heavy on May 31st, 2007 @ 10:40pm CDT
Sydney only? what if I flew there? its only a couple of hours...
Re: A Chance to Win Preview Screening of the Transformers Movie in Sydney with Michael Bay (143994)
Posted by i_amtrunks on May 31st, 2007 @ 10:42pm CDT
Burn wrote:Is this a legit contest?

And then there's this ...

Yeah its legit Burn, its also hit the mainstream:

Im not entering, for fear of the repercussions of repeatedly punching and/or strangling Michael Bay, on sight, in retaliation for the mental and physical anguish I went through while watching Pearl Harbour and Bad Boys II.
Re: A Chance to Win Preview Screening of the Transformers Movie in Sydney with Michael Bay (143999)
Posted by Phelan on May 31st, 2007 @ 10:47pm CDT
Gutsman Heavy wrote:Sydney only? what if I flew there? its only a couple of hours...

People entering from Melbourne and Queensland...and one guy from the US, but I reminded him of the distance ;)
Re: A Chance to Win Preview Screening of the Transformers Movie in Sydney with Michael Bay (144006)
Posted by Mulla on May 31st, 2007 @ 10:50pm CDT
Dragonslayer wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
primalVICTORY wrote:
Megatron_Wolf wrote:I take it this is only open to Australia.

yes, only open to the aussies.

[Enter long, redundant, but most definitely foul string of swears here.]

[Continuation of foul string of swears after Shadowman gets tired/passes out.]

Lucky b@st@rds :-(

Considering pretty much every other contest regarding the movie and Hasbro is open only to Americans, not to mention can't even have stuff shipped to Australia from HasbroToyShop, I'd say it's about damn time we got something.

Couldn't even submit a line for Optimus to say........razza frazza............stupid customs.......fragga...........*COUGH

So in other words, I don't want to here any whining :P

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I'm all for driving to Sydney. 10 hours is nothing if I get to see that film early. Therefore, I entered.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers G1 Walmart retro Headmasters Wave 1 set of 4 Brainstorm Mindwipe!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Skullcruncher" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Headmaster Reissue Hardhead Chromedome Brainstorm Mindwipe Set of 4" on EBAY
Buy "** 2014 - WINDCHARGER Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class **" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Headmaster Skullcruncher" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION DELUXE DINOBOT SLUG NEW IN BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Heroes Of Cybertron: Generation One Collection Grimlock." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe DINOBOT SLUDGE Figure Hasbro 2017" on EBAY